Totally Unballanced!

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Not to be boastful, but I've been playing my "low end" game for 1 month exactly on a new device.

Screenshot_2015-07-03-09-59-581.png

A Mudflow, a Guitar, and a Clarinet all 11.5x waiting to be crafted.

You laugh, but if I do just one, I think I will be toast to the first unprotected shot I take! I'm just a beginning Tier 5 player here, and will suffer an unbalanced barrage of very difficult base attacks and little resources to retaliate against them.

If I craft even one of them, my guess is I may end up not being able to collect one diamond with PVP again.

What are my choices here? I wasn't going to show this until I had 4 ready to craft, but that will now be a month from now.

Comments

• unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    good idea, i did the same and am now on tier 11 base so crafted all 3. i am now strugling with some opponents.

i would suggest carrying on until you hit tier 9 and maybe craft primary weapons to help you through the campaign. I also wouldn't upgrade weapons too much as again opponents will be much stronger.

my rule of thumb is to try not to go more than 50% weapon power over base power.

so 20k base with 30k weapons, 90k base with 135k weapons etc...
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Absolutely DO NOT craft these weapons until you catch up on BASE UPGRADES and are ready to spend what's necessary to fully equip the TESLA (diamonds or GOLD). The other two can be equipped using CASH.

But once you craft these weapons, you will be up against MAX'd out TIER 11 and 12 bases; say goodbye to TIER 9s and 10s forever. You can also forget about the ASSAULT weapon until you get an 11.5 HEAVY or better. It's pretty much useless until you get a matching HEAVY and will attract the blood thirty wolves.

This is like telling an alcoholic to stop drinking! I feel like a kid in a free candy store. Back when matchups were based on AP, and not weapon power, I would have crafted these when offered. But yes, you are correct now.

And, only being able to hit bases double what my 1k weapons are now, I only get an average 1k diamonds, so, getting to hit tier 9 or higher is a long, long way off! By the time I can use these weapons, tier 14 will probably be out, and no telling how many weapons I may have ready to be crafted, at this rate.

How many others are in this predicament? And, I bet many (on the Amazon playing field), have found out they made a big mistake. Haven't heard back from AlaniCh2 - he had the Mudflow I think with a tier 6 base, and seemed to get enough pvp points to continue.

Anyone else have better news for me? Will I be sitting on this nest seemingly forever? Would be nice to harvest the tesla missions waiting for me to do some upgrades! Hint: have not used a dime getting to this point, and don't plan on it.
    Before I can upgrade Tesla, I have to craft it! And before that, I have to complete Europe! Which means I have to upgrade the Longshot and Kraken to finish that level, then on to the next pair of primaries.
    Then Global Assault, get Rapier and Demon 5x, World on Fire and get Nighthawk and Mantis 6x. I've seen the progression in my high end game. The question remains at what point will I not "shoot myself in the foot" crafting anything in this one!

Brazil with Alligator and Scarab 7x I may be able to ignore and break out all 11x weapons.

Like I said, a long, long way to go to use what I won.
    Complete Europe? WOW ... you got way ahead of yourself ... JEEZ

I always recommend completing your contracts BEFORE seriously competing in PvP. The GOOD news is that you will never EVER need another sniper or assault unless of course the game continues along to level 13-14 LOL

So, how else would I upgrade anything without PvP? You would have me stop playing so I wouldn't be able to have enough parts?

Maybe you don't understand, if the weapons are not crafted, they don't count against matchups. I'm getting typically 2k bases, with an occasional 4-5K thrown in to take my find target spin money. So technically, I have 3 11.5x weapons, but they have to stay in parts, or I won't find a winnable target.

Scorpion's rules may be fine, pay gold to get secondaries, get to next region and base, and repeat. Sounds expensive. Just trying to do it the way I did it on my level 110 game with all 11.5x weapons for free. But, that was when prizes were commensurate with my then tier 6 or 7 and AP was used for matchups. I will be able to progress, just slower than you use to be able to.

And I have no problem staying with the top pack now, except for the constant doubling of diamonds output, but not input. I may be stuck at tier 11 for some time.
    Two different games, which is why I know the road map to this game.

The picture at the top of the page should give a clue. Notice the vault size is only 16k? That's my tier 5 game. and no weapons have been crafted, but all the parts are there to do so when I can get to tier 7 - my current thinking. This is on my Galaxy Tab S 8.4.

On my Nexus, I have the Tier 11 game. Only economy is maxed out, so my vault is 1.3M. All 11.5 weapons except Garmr, and 11,852 AP. Here, everything is balanced, and everything is free as well. No problems with either account as far as PvP goes currently. This one started February 20th.

Just would love to brake open the seals on my tier 5 armory, but have known what your telling me is fact. Was hoping to hear someone like AlaniCh2 who crafted the Medusa I think with a Tier 6 base, and said he was still progressing in PvP. Surely, I'm not the only one with weapons won in events that can't use them because of the weapon power matchup scheme GLU now uses?

Playing for free is a possibility! With tier 12 out, that may not be true anymore, unless I don't mind staying at tier 11 - TBD!
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Two different games, which is why I know the road map to this game.

The picture at the top of the page should give a clue. Notice the vault size is only 16k? That's my tier 5 game. and no weapons have been crafted, but all the parts are there to do so when I can get to tier 7 - my current thinking. This is on my Galaxy Tab S 8.4.

On my Nexus, I have the Tier 11 game. Only economy is maxed out, so my vault is 1.3M. All 11.5 weapons except Garmr, and 11,852 AP. Here, everything is balanced, and everything is free as well. No problems with either account as far as PvP goes currently. This one started February 20th.

Just would love to brake open the seals on my tier 5 armory, but have known what your telling me is fact. Was hoping to hear someone like AlaniCh2 who crafted the Medusa I think with a Tier 6 base, and said he was still progressing in PvP. Surely, I'm not the only one with weapons won in events that can't use them because of the weapon power matchup scheme GLU now uses?

Playing for free is a possibility! With tier 12 out, that may not be true anymore, unless I don't mind staying at tier 11 - TBD!

I gotcha ... I totally misunderstood your post ... MY BAD ... accept my apologies please
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    I gotcha ... I totally misunderstood your post ... MY BAD ... accept my apologies please

Hey, I'm not the greatest communicator! Sometimes, I only make sense to myself, lol. No need for apologies.
  • Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    So is it possible to craft and only use these weapons in campaign then downgrade to usual weapons for pvp? Or once you have weapons in store or whatever you automatically get hosed?
    Once you craft a weapon, your attack power is rated on that weapon even if you don't have it equipped!

I wish you were right, though!
    Bummer, i had the mudflow i crafted on ice and was using my orca. I upgraded to level 3 and am now using it in global hoping to breeze through some fights but needs more upgrades. Vicious cycle man. I may have gotten ahead of myself since i am newly into level 10 base and have only maxed out production so far.
  • Aaron GAaron G Registered Users 58 Posts
    I am just wondering if you craft the tesla it maybe ok. glu system select opponent based on your primary weapon but not on your secondary. Hi try again, BTW, how much gold on average you have to spend to win the weapon?
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Aaron G wrote: »
    I am just wondering if you craft the tesla it maybe ok. glu system select opponent based on your primary weapon but not on your secondary. Hi try again, BTW, how much gold on average you have to spend to win the weapon?

I could be wrong, but I think it is based on the strongest weapon that you have in your ar-se-nal.
    Noobie wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I think it is based on the strongest weapon that you have in your ar-se-nal.
    I used to have 8.5 telsa and 8.0 long range. When I found the opponent, it based on long range power not telsa. Unless glu changed the rule. If your saying is the case, global event now is only for 9 or 10 base player's game!
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    It's actually based on the highest (STRONGEST) and NOT THE HIGHEST RATED weapon you have in your inventory (not crafted weapons don't count) as amsoft2000 says, which I have also found to be true.
    For example, if you have a maxed 10* sniper and a flat 10* Tesla (meaning you haven't injected a single gem to upgrade it), then your attack power is based on the sniper, even if the TESLA has higher power.

See: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?149619-Bots-in-PVP-challenges/page2

Cheers
    You will go where you look at...
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    Bummer, i had the mudflow i crafted on ice and was using my orca. I upgraded to level 3 and am now using it in global hoping to breeze through some fights but needs more upgrades. Vicious cycle man. I may have gotten ahead of myself since i am newly into level 10 base and have only maxed out production so far.

I wish Scorpion left some of the instructional comments he had in this thread, like the one in my post #3,
    ...are ready to spend what's necessary to fully equip the TESLA (diamonds or GOLD).
    I had him confused with two different accounts, though.

I've had luck with my high end game on even 1/4 updated weapons, I've found when you upgrade, you are budged up a little in the base defense your paired with also. So, it's always upgrade, harder; upgrade, harder. And then an occasional budge up in sorely needed payouts. But, you are spot on - "Vicious cycle man." Hang in there!

I agree with Scorpion and NK14, which is why I wouldn't dare taking that chance. You must be much more "balanced" than I if you have an 8x sniper! By the end of the day, I should finish level 4 Europe, and purchase the Rapier and Demon at only 5x power - still a huge difference compared to the 11.5 weapon parts in my invisible ar_senal.

My motivation to keep this unbalanced account going is to see when I can start breaking out weapons all won using as little free gold as possible. I want to be as much a PIA to GLU as they have been to me with their glitch filled, win streak defeating, bungled updates game. Not going to do that with giving them money, or playing in any other group besides Amazon!

NK14 - good thread to re-read! I always need to read something twice to really get it!
    try_again wrote: »
    I wish Scorpion left some of the instructional comments he had in this thread, like the one in my post #3,

I had him confused with two different accounts, though.

I've had luck with my high end game on even 1/4 updated weapons, I've found when you upgrade, you are budged up a little in the base defense your paired with also. So, it's always upgrade, harder; upgrade, harder. And then an occasional budge up in sorely needed payouts. But, you are spot on - "Vicious cycle man." Hang in there!

I agree with Scorpion and NK14, which is why I wouldn't dare taking that chance. You must be much more "balanced" than I if you have an 8x sniper! By the end of the day, I should finish level 4 Europe, and purchase the Rapier and Demon at only 5x power - still a huge difference compared to the 11.5 weapon parts in my invisible ar_senal.

My motivation to keep this unbalanced account going is to see when I can start breaking out weapons all won using as little free gold as possible. I want to be as much a PIA to GLU as they have been to me with their glitch filled, win streak defeating, bungled updates game. Not going to do that with giving them money, or playing in any other group besides Amazon!

NK14 - good thread to re-read! I always need to read something twice to really get it!

Thank you try_again.
    At minimum, what we all have to do, is spread the knowledge. You are one of those people. I respect and cherish that, as you might have seen in my past threads.
    NK14 wrote: »
    07-03-2015, 04:07 PM

For me it's the first time ever (in my 37) to actively participate in a forum.
    I admit I'm a CKS addict but people like you, Scorpion, Angels Holocaust, SmokingJoe, unhappy, crafty, merc316, try again, straightshooter etc are the driving force for me to try and contribute to and of course benefit from this forum, so I should be thanking you guys!

Cheers!

Cheers
    Thank you try_again.
    At minimum, what we all have to do, is spread the knowledge. You are one of those people. I respect and cherish that, as you might have seen in my past threads.

Cheers

Thanks much, right back at'cha! Had to read your micromanagement thread 3 times to "get it". I'm slow, so bare with me. And the latest thread on "Changes" is very much needed here. All the info we can get to keep even with this geometric progression keeps us learning to deal with the lousy matchmaking/payback system. You, Scorpion and Bradr752 keep me on my toes in this quick sand!
  • Chavez42Chavez42 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have been able to take down bases with 13k power and have lost to bases that are only 7k. The reason for the inconsistency has been the level of my opponent. I have zero chance of beating anyone who is above level 100. Any opponent in the 90s is beatable but challenging. Currently, I'm more or less winning about 3 out of every 5 battles. I'm not sure if this problem has always existed but I believe it is because health is awarded on every level up. My current weapons have no effect on opponents whose health is maxed out.
    Handles, I propose that level be displayed in place of of victory points. This way we can choose a good matchup.
    Here are my stats. What do you guys think? It is an uphill battle winning diamonds right now. I'm sure a made a mistake somewhere.
    Level= 70
    Primary= Alligator(8448),scarab(8448)
    Secondary= none
    Base= tier 6 (4200)
    Drone= 6400 (1k power components)
    Seems like you are reaching a bit too high on opponents or you are just being offered stronger ones automatically. Also maybe your weapon isn't upgraded enough to do something other than tickle the targets. Are you going after short or long bases? No worries man the guys here will def help you with figuring out a good strategy, they have for me.
    As far a unbalanced goes, i just chuckle and hit find new target every time I'm offered a level 12 base especially on a short battle. Seems to happen more often after getting all parts needed for the huggin
    Chavez42 wrote: »
    I have been able to take down bases with 13k power and have lost to bases that are only 7k. The reason for the inconsistency has been the level of my opponent. I have zero chance of beating anyone who is above level 100. Any opponent in the 90s is beatable but challenging. Currently, I'm more or less winning about 3 out of every 5 battles. I'm not sure if this problem has always existed but I believe it is because health is awarded on every level up. My current weapons have no effect on opponents whose health is maxed out.
    Handles, I propose that level be displayed in place of of victory points. This way we can choose a good matchup.
    Here are my stats. What do you guys think? It is an uphill battle winning diamonds right now. I'm sure a made a mistake somewhere.
    Level= 70
    Secondary= none
    Base= tier 6 (4200)
    Totally agree with you! I am in the same situation. Glu should show the opponent's health for PVP match. But I think you should buy secondary weapon to win.
    Chavez42 wrote: »
    Level= 70
    Secondary= none
    Base= tier 6 (4200)

Your mistake is very common. Your guns outrun your base.
    Your player health is low compared to the opponents you have to face.
    GLU will select an opponent for you based on your weapons, not your base.
    (see here a few details about the match making system: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?149619-Bots-in-PVP-challenges/page2)
    What you have to do is focus on updating your base. Build up your base and never let it again behind.
    If you have a 6* base, your weapons cannot be more than 7* or else you will be paired with opponents you cannot take down.
    Cheers.

(PS> Another very useful thread on this issue: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?158973-Base-Upgrades)
    Your mistake is very common. Your guns outrun your base.
    Your player health is low compared to the opponents you have to face.
    GLU will select an opponent for you based on your weapons, not your base.
    (see here a few details about the match making system: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?149619-Bots-in-PVP-challenges/page2)
    What you have to do is focus on updating your base. Build up your base and never let it again behind.
    If you have a 6* base, your weapons cannot be more than 7* or else you will be paired with opponents you cannot take down.
    Cheers.

(PS> Another very useful thread on this issue: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?158973-Base-Upgrades)
    Good comments. But upgrade base defence doesn't increase your attacking power, only benefit is increasing your health. Nk14 I saw you in silver league last week, do you have any problem to take down 110 player? What base and weapon should be ok? Base 8 and weapon 9?
    Good comments. But upgrade base defence doesn't increase your attacking power, only benefit is increasing your health. Nk14 I saw you in silver league last week, do you have any problem to take down 110 player? What base and weapon should be ok? Base 8 and weapon 9?

Thank you Aaron.
    Increasing your health is benefit enough, if you ask me.
    110 player is not a problem to take down with a 11.5 TESLA or a 12.5 HEAVY, when having a TIER 12 player health (without using medkits).
    I think that your base should not be more than one star lower than your best weapon.
    There are dozens of players complaining about that because they simply did not follow that rule.
    There are others that have won powerful weapons and do not even craft them so that they don't break the rule.
    Imagine that they have won a 12.5 heavy yesterday and don't use it because their base is 10 or lower, and they are correct! This must say something to you.

PS. Did you win the Heavy yesterday?
    Thank you Aaron.
    Increasing your health is benefit enough, if you ask me.
    110 player is not a problem to take down with a 11.5 TESLA or a 12.5 HEAVY, when having a TIER 12 player health (without using medkits).
    I think that your base should not be more than one star lower than your best weapon.
    There are dozens of players complaining about that because they simply did not follow that rule.
    There are others that have won powerful weapons and do not even craft them so that they don't break the rule.
    Imagine that they have won a 12.5 heavy yesterday and don't use it because their base is 10 or lower, and they are correct! This must say something to you.

PS. Did you win the Heavy yesterday?
    Great advice. Now we know what weapon can take down the 110player. I did not win the weapon and actually did not try to win because my new base is still low 6 and can't afford to have high rated long and short weapon. As you said follow the rule. If you saw my previous thread I just started from scratch from the beginning. Glu can't restore my old data which I have thousand golds and medical kits and ect, base 8 long time ago. Now playing this game is harder, spending time and golds.
    Great advice. Now we know what weapon can take down the 110player. I did not win the weapon and actually did not try to win because my new base is still low 6 and can't afford to have high rated long and short weapon. As you said follow the rule. If you saw my previous thread I just started from scratch from the beginning. Glu can't restore my old data which I have thousand golds and medical kits and ect, base 8 long time ago. Now playing this game is harder, spending time and golds.
    I agree, especially with the last sentence! When I started my first high end game the end of February, everything meshed by the time I was successful at global events. Now, I have to slowly build up the bases because of the weapon power to base power matchups. Really stinks to have a bunch of weapons in my low end game I cant use!
    Well f#%ck i have screwed up. I was messing around with stuff and have crafted the huggin before its time now all mu shorts execpt for a few are against level 12 bases. I have not equipped said gun but am considering it since whats done is done. Why did i not listen!!! Now i feel compelled to get into gear and at least make it to silver league for the assault gun to finish me off
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Well f#%ck i have screwed up. I was messing around with stuff and have crafted the huggin before its time now all mu shorts execpt for a few are against level 12 bases. I have not equipped said gun but am considering it since whats done is done. Why did i not listen!!! Now i feel compelled to get into gear and at least make it to silver league for the assault gun to finish me off

You have 3 weeks before you have to get a new weapon. Good luck, homie! What lv is your base?
    So far i have a level 10 with only production maxed out. The diamonds i have been winning have gone towards upgrading my mudflow, current assualt and sniper so i can play campaign. Sigh, just tried a short battle just for sh#ts and giggles and used two medkits with current heavy so for now i will stick to longs until i upgrade base a bit more. Does player health help during offense or defense only?
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    So far i have a level 10 with only production maxed out. The diamonds i have been winning have gone towards upgrading my mudflow, current assualt and sniper so i can play campaign. Sigh, just tried a short battle just for sh#ts and giggles and used two medkits with current heavy so for now i will stick to longs until i upgrade base a bit more. Does player health help during offense or defense only?

I have found that your player health does help somewhat on offense, you have more health points to lose. As far as defense is concerned, since we can't see what is going on, it is hard to say what exactly more player health is going to do for you. Keep in mind that while you are on "defense", the attacking player can use as many med kits as needed to defeat you.

Most of us are having the same problem with the short range battles. Our short range weapons are woefully under powered when compared to the bases that we are facing. Short range battles are very extremely hard to win without multiple medkits.