Bronze League 07/06/15???

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Handles;
Android

The weekend PvP and Sales events will not be taking place this weekend. This means that all Android players will begin next weeks League Brackets in the Bronze League.

So, it's the beginning of the week, I see no Bronze League. What's up?

Not that winning a weapon will be remotely possible, but what's the plan and when will Dressed to Kill be opened up?
Prev1

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    No Bronze League on Amazon either.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Hear ... Hear ... I need some more diamonds LOL
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    So, I'm assuming that Handles is the only GLU representative that reads these posts, and he's not in today.

So until he comes back, "next week", "Bronze League" and "Dressed to Kill" does/will not exist!

The joys of being Adroid in limbo.
    try_again wrote: »
    So, I'm assuming that Handles is the only GLU representative that reads these posts, and he's not in today.

So until he comes back, "next week", "Bronze League" and "Dressed to Kill" does/will not exist!

The joys of being Adroid in limbo.

Android is broken and HANDLES has nothing to announce. In any other IT shop, bumping 40,000 users off the network (4 days and counting) costing the company hundreds of thousands (if not millions) in lost revenue would be unthinkable and punishable by ...
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Android is broken and HANDLES has nothing to announce. In any other IT shop, bumping 40,000 users off the network (4 days and counting) costing the company hundreds of thousands (in not millions) in lost revenue would be unthinkable and punishable by ...

At Glu this level of incompetence probably merits a promotion.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    At Glu this level of incompetence probably merits a promotion.

Say it with me, "Niccolo De Masi for U.S. Predisent!"
    Really how hard can it be? We have the Tier 12 upgrade, we have all played the Dressed to Kill Campaign. Find the guy with the key and unlock it!
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    This is an assumption on my part, but a couple seemingly unrelated issues appear to have been intertwined. Apparently, Glu pushed another fairly significant patch to IOS in conjunction with trying to release the "Dressed to Kill" campaign. Looking through the posts about IOS, the issues that they attempted to correct are still occurring for a number of players.

The little experience I have with mobile device programming is that because Apple hardware and supported IOS versions are much more consistent, IOS programs are typically less glitchy than comparable Android releases. I suspect that they're trying to get the IOS release straightened out, before diverting any programming resources to Android.

It seems like they should be able to enable Android league play without any programmers being involved, but maybe that's more difficult than I think. It would have been even better if they'd let the Android players play silver league matches through both the global event and normal league event schedule; that way some of us might have been able to craft a heavy gun at the end of the process, but that's pretty much water under the bridge at this point.

Anyway, I'm hoping that they'll get to the Android platform soon, and that the extra time being ignored means we'll have a relatively bug-free release when it happens.
    This is an assumption on my part, but a couple seemingly unrelated issues appear to have been intertwined. Apparently, Glu pushed another fairly significant patch to IOS in conjunction with trying to release the "Dressed to Kill" campaign. Looking through the posts about IOS, the issues that they attempted to correct are still occurring for a number of players.

The little experience I have with mobile device programming is that because Apple hardware and supported IOS versions are much more consistent, IOS programs are typically less glitchy than comparable Android releases. I suspect that they're trying to get the IOS release straightened out, before diverting any programming resources to Android.

It seems like they should be able to enable Android league play without any programmers being involved, but maybe that's more difficult than I think. It would have been even better if they'd let the Android players play silver league matches through both the global event and normal league event schedule; that way some of us might have been able to craft a heavy gun at the end of the process, but that's pretty much water under the bridge at this point.

Anyway, I'm hoping that they'll get to the Android platform soon, and that the extra time being ignored means we'll have a relatively bug-free release when it happens.

I would tend to agree except for a few caveats ... nothing has been updated in the Android OS in 2-3 months. The only significant new hardware release for Android was from Google itself. The Android OS itself is open source; the API has been available to developers for years ... these guys are simply incompetent.

The real kick in the head is that ALL of these platforms, including IOS, are running LINUX as the kernel ... the only real difference is the UI, which is essentially, for this game, irrelevant. Apparently the concept of device independence and inter-operability is a foreign one.

I do want to clarify that IOS is a scaled down version of OSX, which itself is based on the BSD UNIX kernel ... but a good developer should be able to write code for both.

SMH
    Dressed to Kill now unlocked on Amazon, VIP running, no Bronze League yet
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    I will update you all once I can on this issue. Until then it appears there is no league event for android.
    Update: Sorry all, it appears that the league event will not be running this week.
    Handles wrote: »
    Update: Sorry all, it appears that the league event will not be running this week.

The HELL you say ... what about the next GLOBAL EVENT? or is that FUBAR as well?
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    The HELL you say ... what about the next GLOBAL EVENT? or is that FUBAR as well?

I think it's time we s**** CKS for android and Amazon. This game should be an iOS exclusive with all the problems you guys are facing. Face it, there's only 1 developer working on this game and it's Handles, there is just no way in hell he can release an update all at once for multiple gaming platforms.
    I think it's time we s**** CKS for android and Amazon. This game should be an iOS exclusive with all the problems you guys are facing. Face it, there's only 1 developer working on this game and it's Handles, there is just no way in hell he can release an update all at once for multiple gaming platforms.

I'm not a developer.
    I'm not a developer.

That's what you want me to believe. We all know you're the brains behind the operation.

I reiterate what Scorpion said, this means there will be no Global Thursday? And consequently another 12.5 weapon will be out of our grasp?

I propose just give us all 500 gold for waiting this out! Seems fair, no? Otherwise, I think if you loose Scorpion, there are thousands of players out the door right behind him!
    I reiterate what Scorpion said, this means there will be no Global Thursday? And consequently another 12.5 weapon will be out of our grasp?

I propose just give us all 500 gold for waiting this out! Seems fair, no? Otherwise, I think if you loose Scorpion, there are thousands of players out the door right behind him!

Highly unlikely. Chances are, if you've stayed with glu throughout all the glitches and problems. You'll be back for more. I've noticed one thing about the player basee, they have no dignity or respect for themselves because if they did, they would have stopped giving this game money. Glu will continue to get away with their problems because the players always come back for more abuse.

I don't see what all the commotion is all about for Android and Amazon players. If Glu decides to postpone weapons, it affects everyone and no advantage is gained or lost. This week is a terrible assault weapon, you're not missing out on anything.
    Highly unlikely. Chances are, if you've stayed with glu throughout all the glitches and problems. You'll be back for more. I've noticed one thing about the player basee, they have no dignity or respect for themselves because if they did, they would have stopped giving this game money. Glu will continue to get away with their problems because the players always come back for more abuse.

I don't see what all the commotion is all about for Android and Amazon players. If Glu decides to postpone weapons, it affects everyone and no advantage is gained or lost. This week is a terrible assault weapon, you're not missing out on anything.

Once again, you are clueless, as well as brass, uncouth, and of little human value. You constantly berate everyone because of your self assumed bitterness.

I have not spent a dime on this game! The time I spend on it has given me countless weapons that duffs like you wasted and lost their money, so, know your intended victim before you spew your stupidity out.
    Once again, you are clueless, as well as brass, uncouth, and of little human value. You constantly berate everyone because of your self assumed bitterness.

I have not spent a dime on this game! The time I spend on it has given me countless weapons that duffs like you wasted and lost their money, so, know your intended victim before you spew your stupidity out.

So quick to defend the game, you'll lose hope soon enough and I'll be waiting to berate you some more in the near future. So, frolic through the grass with your optimism because I have not spent a single cent on this game. Did you honestly think I would be stupid enough to fall for this games marketing scheme? C,mon, I'm the self proclaimed genius who has played the game for free!
    I am reposting on this thread on the off chance that somebody from Glu will read it: The Android/Amazon Global (assuming that one will be offered) should be for the Heavies from last week's IOS Global, not the Assault that would be next in line. With the power of Tier 12 bases rising, it is unfair to ask Android users to wait a full month for a competitive Heavy.
    I am reposting on this thread on the off chance that somebody from Glu will read it: The Android/Amazon Global (assuming that one will be offered) should be for the Heavies from last week's IOS Global, not the Assault that would be next in line. With the power of Tier 12 bases rising, it is unfair to ask Android users to wait a full month for a competitive Heavy.

This game is unfair and exceptions are never made no matter how unfair the circumstances, like the victims who didn't get their weapons after the tournament.
    This game is unfair and exceptions are never made no matter how unfair the circumstances, like the victims who didn't get their weapons after the tournament.

I am afraid you are right. I don't expect them to even read my suggestion, let alone act on it. Still it is going to be interesting to see if they are even able to mount a Global on Android this weekend.
    I am afraid you are right. I don't expect them to even read my suggestion, let alone act on it. Still it is going to be interesting to see if they are even able to mount a Global on Android this weekend.

Instead of launching a global. Allow the players to buy the heavy from last week and the assault rifle available this week. Set the price to 702 again and the game will make even more money off the players because everyone wants a competitive gun.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Ahh but a competitive gun begets tougher competition circle of life stuff stick with last week's model and sail thru pvp whilst bringing everything in line defence and offence
    ( + )
    Ahh but a competitive gun begets tougher competition circle of life stuff stick with last week's model and sail thru pvp whilst bringing everything in line defence and offence

Well the latest HEAVY would have done nothing for me personally, other than take on MAX'd out TIER 12s with MAX'd out drones without using medkits (sound familiar), so all in all not having the weapon with the shortest useful lifetime if no big deal. There will be another weapon up for grabs soon enough. Right now the Android Platform is completely FUBAR with no solution forthcoming anytime soon. The longer GLU takes to fix the problem, the lower the chances are that anyone will bother to come back, if and when they ever do fix it.
    Well the latest HEAVY would have done nothing for me personally, other than take on MAX'd out TIER 12s with MAX'd out drones without using medkits (sound familiar), so all in all not having the weapon with the shortest useful lifetime if no big deal. There will be another weapon up for grabs soon enough. Right now the Android Platform is completely FUBAR with no solution forthcoming anytime soon. The longer GLU takes to fix the problem, the lower the chances are that anyone will bother to come back, if and when they ever do fix it.

They won't be able to leave once they've sunk so much time and effort into the game. GLU knows that. Here's the thing you don't understand, you don't quit GLU, GLU quits you!
    They won't be able to leave once they've sunk so much time and effort into the game. GLU knows that. Here's the thing you don't understand, you don't quit GLU, GLU quits you!

You're ignoring the obvious ... THE GAME IS BROKEN ... i's not about who decides to leave or stay, the decision is academic at this point. We've all left already ... will we come back? That's the question ...
    You're ignoring the obvious ... THE GAME IS BROKEN ... i's not about who decides to leave or stay, the decision is academic at this point. We've all left already ... will we come back? That's the question ...

While I share your frustrations, I am not nearly as pessimistic about the game as you are. Of course that is easy for me to say, because IOS, which is my primary platform, held a Global last weekend, albeit short by a day and a half.

First the good news: On my iPad the video is now fast and flawless. There are no glitches at all. Last weekend I ran a winning streak of 524 wins without a single "Content Update" restart to end the streak. The Drone upgrade process is still a little complicated, but it works. Competition on IOS is higher than ever, indicating ongoing player interest. I actually had more fun playing last weekend than I have had in a very long time. The Clan system has added a real level of interest for me, and is now my primary motivation for continuing to play the game. Most of the glitches are gone on the IOS platform.

Now the negatives: The game is incredibly repetitive. There has been nothing new added to either PVP or the Campaigns in a very long time. The failure to offer a Global on Android/Amazon last weekend is further evidence of Glu's arrogance and inattention to the player.The game has always been expensive, but has become much more so recently. Global chat (the Zoo) hovers between juvenile and disgusting. The video on my Kindle is still ****y. The prize structure has not kept up with increasing Vault size and current competition levels.

The bottom line for me is that I am much less frustrated with the game on my iPad and the IOS platform, but I am abandoning active pursuit of the game on my Kindle. My foray into the Amazon platform started as an experiment and then got out of hand. I am ending serious play on the Amazon platform under the name Toobad, I have 9017 VP after 2 months of play and am ranked 69th on the All-time Leaderboard. I have a Tier 12 Base nearly completely upgraded at 318.72 K, and Drone at Level 88 which is 36.9 K power. I have 4 maxxed out 11.5 weapons. My reasons for ending play there are only partly frustration about Glu's lack of commitment to the platform. Playing two platforms had become tedious and stressful.

All that notwithstanding, I am actually much more positive about the game (on the IOS platform) than I was.

If there is interest I will post more detailed thoughts specific to Amazon platform play.Let me know.
    While I share your frustrations, I am not nearly as pessimistic about the game as you are. Of course that is easy for me to say, because IOS, which is my primary platform, held a Global last weekend, albeit short by a day and a half.

First the good news: On my iPad the video is now fast and flawless. There are no glitches at all. Last weekend I ran a winning streak of 524 wins without a single "Content Update" restart to end the streak. The Drone upgrade process is still a little complicated, but it works. Competition on IOS is higher than ever, indicating ongoing player interest. I actually had more fun playing last weekend than I have had in a very long time. The Clan system has added a real level of interest for me, and is now my primary motivation for continuing to play the game. Most of the glitches are gone on the IOS platform.

Now the negatives: The game is incredibly repetitive. There has been nothing new added to either PVP or the Campaigns in a very long time. The failure to offer a Global on Android/Amazon last weekend is further evidence of Glu's arrogance and inattention to the player.The game has always been expensive, but has become much more so recently. Global chat (the Zoo) hovers between juvenile and disgusting. The video on my Kindle is still ****y. The prize structure has not kept up with increasing Vault size and current competition levels.

The bottom line for me is that I am much less frustrated with the game on my iPad and the IOS platform, but I am abandoning active pursuit of the game on my Kindle. My foray into the Amazon platform started as an experiment and then got out of hand. I am ending serious play on the Amazon platform under the name Toobad, I have 9017 VP after 2 months of play and am ranked 69th on the All-time Leaderboard. I have a Tier 12 Base nearly completely upgraded at 318.72 K, and Drone at Level 88 which is 36.9 K power. I have 4 maxxed out 11.5 weapons. My reasons for ending play there are only partly frustration about Glu's lack of commitment to the platform. Playing two platforms had become tedious and stressful.

All that notwithstanding, I am actually much more positive about the game (on the IOS platform) than I was.

If there is interest I will post more detailed thoughts specific to Amazon platform play.Let me know.

Well that' sort of like stating the dealer has finally coaxed my new car into starting and now I can drive to the corner grocery without it shutting off ... nothing personal, but give me a break.