Loading Time Issue

HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
Hello,

To help the teams investigation of loading times. Can you please reply to this thread if you have had issues with loading time and provide the following information:

In-Game name:
iOS/Androd:
Device:
Device OS:
Service:
Internet Speed:
Amount of apps running while playing:

Please and thank you all.

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I have an idea ... is there anyway at all you guys can determine what "types of" devices are connected to the game servers. I have a sneaking belief that many of these issues are the result of the devices not being able to properly experience the game in the way it was designed.

For example, I have determined that a minimum of of dual core processor running at 2.0 GHz along with a graphics GPU running at 450 MHz eliminates most of these issues.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • streetboy124streetboy124 Registered Users 69 Posts
    streetboy124
    iOS 8.4
    Ipad2
    TM net
    2mbps
    Close all the apps when playing
    Huge problem with lagging in the game ang it is getting worst please fix this problem ASAP it is not fun to play the game anymore..why this happen before this is ok no lagging after open up tier 10 base the lagging start..please fix this..
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    Arnman
    android
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Time Warner
    30 or 50mbps
    no other apps running
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Loading time? As in the time it takes to start up the program, or some subset like time it takes to enter the campaigns, or time it takes to register a win in the campaign?

PVP's seem fairly quick to get into the attack, unless you have to go out of bot selection mode to a real player, then it can take 15 seconds or so to find an attack. Then just a couple seconds to register the win.

Every new region seems to take longer to go into the campaign area. And also to register each win of a mission or contract now takes my Nexus 70 seconds for clicking the claim button to seeing the next mission on the map! Appalling!

Drone upgrades have improved dramatically, but the upgrade attachment still causes too long a lag to enter.

Is it just me being wrong in your definition of "Loading Time" or is this about the real problem of frame freezing, stutter and poor video response?
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    In-Game name: smokinjoe44
    iOS/Androd: IOS
    Device: IPhone 6 Plus
    In-Game name:
    iOS/Androd:
    Device:
    Device OS:
    Service: comcast
    Internet Speed: 100 mbps
    Amount of apps running while playing:

Device OS: IOS
    Service: Comcast
    Internet Speed: 100 mbps
    Amount of apps running while playing: 0

If this is about lagging and slow frame rate then this is why I'm posting here. This is the real issue.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Hello all,

can you also provide how long it takes to load the game. Second measurements will do.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Hello all,

can you also provide how long it takes to load the game. Second measurements will do.

My game loads in about 4-6 seconds on average.
    My game loads in about 4-6 seconds on average.

4-6 seconds? OK this thread has been pronounced.
    Maybe 4-6 seconds for a PVP matchup, but 117 seconds to start the game from icon to home screen. Nexus 7 on Amazon.

Yes, almost 2 minutes for this bloated fragmented game to start up! Collecting Packs seems to take the most time.

If deleting the game (not data) would help, I'd try it, but would be risky since Amazon does not back up your programs/data. Maybe they do for Kindle, not sure?

Verizon Fios - 50mbs U/D, I measure 57mbs real world using speedtest.net on my laptop.
    No other apps running, Android 4.4.1
    try_again wrote: »
    Maybe 4-6 seconds for a PVP matchup, but 117 seconds to start the game from icon to home screen. Nexus 7 on Amazon.

Yes, almost 2 minutes for this bloated fragmented game to start up! Collecting Packs seems to take the most time.

If deleting the game (not data) would help, I'd try it, but would be risky since Amazon does not back up your programs/data. Maybe they do for Kindle, not sure?

Verizon Fios - 50mbs U/D, I measure 57mbs real world using speedtest.net on my laptop.
    No other apps running, Android 4.4.1

BTW and I'm not 100$ sure about this ... just because you're on Amazon doesn't necessarily mean you cannot use Google for app data backups. I think it's worth experimenting to see if you're achievements and progress get backed up.

As far as I know, the ONLY requirement for Google App Data Sync is Android.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    BTW and I'm not 100$ sure about this ... just because you're on Amazon doesn't necessarily mean you cannot use Google for app data backups. I think it's worth experimenting to see if you're achievements and progress get backed up.

As far as I know, the ONLY requirement for Google App Data Sync is Android.

The original reason for my name on this website is when CKS 2.0 came out, it didn't show up on Amazon, so I downloaded it on Google Play. I was up to about Tier 6 or so, and Google thought I was a new player, and I had to try again to build up. Customer Support finally responded, and said to uninstall the game from Google, and re-install from Amazon. This is when I found out about the two different data structures - Google uses one master data file. Amazon has 25 or so directories of data files.

Anyway, I got all my weapons and tier back when the game started up on the Amazon version. I'm sure if I went back to the Google version, that 2 week progression (might have been at Tier 3?) would still be on my device, too.
    try_again wrote: »
    The original reason for my name on this website is when CKS 2.0 came out, it didn't show up on Amazon, so I downloaded it on Google Play. I was up to about Tier 6 or so, and Google thought I was a new player, and I had to try again to build up. Customer Support finally responded, and said to uninstall the game from Google, and re-install from Amazon. This is when I found out about the two different data structures - Google uses one master data file. Amazon has 25 or so directories of data files.

Anyway, I got all my weapons and tier back when the game started up on the Amazon version. I'm sure if I went back to the Google version, that 2 week progression (might have been at Tier 3?) would still be on my device, too.

I'm not saying to migrate over to Google Play version of the game, all I'm suggesting is that Google App Sync backs up app data periodically regardless of where it was installed. It's a built in feature of Android and has nothing to do with CKS or Amazon for that matter.

In short it may be able to backup Amazon app data. It's worth a try.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    Well, as Try Again brought up, the lag time depends on where in the game u (Handles) r asking about. If u r talking about loading the game after clicking on the app, it is prob at least 60-90 secs. If u r talking about loading PVP matches, that is almost instantaneous. If u r talking about the lag time getting in2 the campaigns, that is prob at least 45-60 secs, but the lag time after completing a campaign mission/contract and getting back 2 the campaign home screen is even greater, prob at least 60-90 secs.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I'm not saying to migrate over to Google Play version of the game, all I'm suggesting is that Google App Sync backs up app data periodically regardless of where it was installed. It's a built in feature of Android and has nothing to do with CKS or Amazon for that matter.

In short it may be able to backup Amazon app data. It's worth a try.

So, your telling me to uninstall game and data? And if it doesn't restore my game, no problem for you, right? Also note, I have two games with Amazon on different devices, one on Tier 5 and one on Tier 11 all current weapons with the same handle on both.

Sorry, I'd need a bit more proof that something wouldn't go wrong AND that doing this would improve the performance of the game. I've started from scratch 3 times (actually 4 - I have a game on iOS, too), I don't care to make it a 5th!
    To help the teams investigation of
    In-Game name: streetboy124
    iOS 8.4
    Device:iPad 2
    Device OS:iTunes
    Service: Telekom Malaysia
    Internet Speed: 2mbps
    Amount of apps running while playing:0
    The problems is lagging in the game..for me it is become worst right now the only I can play is long range using only tesla rifle..can not play the short range because of the lagging and the boss always go behind the wall and under the floor can kill the boss if that happen in short range..please see this as the first priority, fix this problem because this problem happens not only to me but it also happen to other players..fux the lagging and the boss that went into the wall and under the floor..stop said that the device are the problems is ur coding is the problem
  • ToogreysToogreys Registered Users 36 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    Well, as Try Again brought up, the lag time depends on where in the game u (Handles) r asking about. If u r talking about loading the game after clicking on the app, it is prob at least 60-90 secs. If u r talking about loading PVP matches, that is almost instantaneous. If u r talking about the lag time getting in2 the campaigns, that is prob at least 45-60 secs, but the lag time after completing a campaign mission/contract and getting back 2 the campaign home screen is even greater, prob at least 60-90 secs.

I agree with arnman. Also read earlier in this thread (Can't remember who) said it might also be the device. At first I was using an iPad 2 updated to 8.3. Had a terrible lag time as well as the freeze frame problem that steadly got worse. Since switching to iPhone 6 updated to 8.4. I still experience some lag in loading and in the campaign both going in to and coming out of as arnman says and probably about the same time delays, but the freeze screen problem has pretty much disappeared. This tells me that this game has outgrown some of the older devices. My internet speed set up avarages: Ping-19ms, Download - 30 Mbps, Up Load - 2.0 Mbps.
    Come on man just fix the **** lagging problem for the guys that use old device..not all of us can afford to get new device just to play this game..what we have is what we can play the game with..dun be so cruel to overthrow us that using outdated devices we are also give contribution in this game..
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Come on man just fix the **** lagging problem for the guys that use old device..not all of us can afford to get new device just to play this game..what we have is what we can play the game with..dun be so cruel to overthrow us that using outdated devices we are also give contribution in this game..

I agree, concentrate of the video lag/frame rate issue. Loading time is not that big of an issue, compared to the game freezing while we are trying to play. Fix the important aggravating issues first.
    concerned wrote: »
    I agree, concentrate of the video lag/frame rate issue. Loading time is not that big of an issue, compared to the game freezing while we are trying to play. Fix the important aggravating issues first.

Fix this stupid f.u.c.k.i.n.g lagging problem already..it is worst until cannot play anymore
    Please I begging GLU fix the lagging of the frame rates when playing the game..currently the game is non playable the lagging is effecting the game..I can not move normally when playing PVP or campaign..please I begging fix this problem..currently my base level is 11 (163K),****nal sniper 11.5,tesla 11.5, short range rifle 12.5 and heavy 12.5 my level is 110

Streetboy124
    iTunes
    Ipad2
    iOS 8.4
    Just kill this game already the developer doesn't want to fix the lagging on the frame rates went playing the game..the freeze frame is effecting the game..come on GLU fix this problems is really annoying..what is going on..there are a lot of user already complain about this..there is no reply on this problem what so ever..just give us the answer to why is this problem happen.

Streetboy124
    iTunes
    Ipad2
    iOS 8.4
  • NessarobertNessarobert Registered Users 4 Posts
    Game hesitatation has been problem since game was changed with new drones. Continual hesitation especially in Short Range PVP is next to impossible to play with game freezing. This game has gotten worse and customer support STILL cannot fix this problem.

Running game on IPad Air with latest updates
    I have gotten to the point where I will not put any more $ into this till this is fixed.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Game hesitatation has been problem since game was changed with new drones. Continual hesitation especially in Short Range PVP is next to impossible to play with game freezing. This game has gotten worse and customer support STILL cannot fix this problem.

Running game on IPad Air with latest updates
    I have gotten to the point where I will not put any more $ into this till this is fixed.

Unfortunately now, CKS3.0 will only run on the latest tablets. I was trying to use an Ipad2 to play the game and the lag was horrendous. I finally bit the bullet and upgrade to an Ipad4 and I am now able to play for the most part with no problems. There is an occasional very minor lag when trying to aim and track an opponent in PVP, but all of the other problems have gone away.
    In the campaigns, I do have an occasional problem with trying to use my 11.5 NAGA. When I fire the NAGA, it will act like a single shot weapon. I will then have resort to my 11.5 GUITAR to finish the mission.
    Since all of the big cash spenders, have the money to by the latest and greatest tablet as needed, I don't see any hope for GLU ever fixing the frame rate for the lower levels tablet players.
  • HittterHittter Registered Users 1 Posts
    Game constantly crashes, freezes
  • michigan_killermichigan_killer Registered Users 38 Posts
    Hittter wrote: »
    Game constantly crashes, freezes

It's 10pounds of ****ty game shoved into a 5pound device
  • BlurstrikerBlurstriker Registered Users 3 Posts
    This is in response to load time issue
    Game keeps hanging. Connection Errors etc
    Handles wrote: »
    Hello,

To help the teams investigation of loading times. Can you please reply to this thread if you have had issues with loading time and provide the following information:

In-Game name: Blurstriker
    iOS/Androd: Android
    Device: Note 4
    Device OS: the latest
    Service: Verizon
    Internet Speed: 4GLTE
    Amount of apps running while playing: 1

In-Game name: SCORPION
    iOS/Androd: Android
    Device: Nexus 7 2013
    Device OS: 4.4.4
    Service: Time Warner Cable
    Internet Speed: 50 MBPS (WiFi)
  • fhookefhooke Registered Users 32 Posts
    Indeed....it take at least 2 minutes to load. No apps running except ccks. Android system. Also in game lag and freezes take 30 to 60 seconds. Including chat. This is not due to players device. It is the servers.. Other glu games have similar problems.