Options

How is this possible?

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
I just got hm not 2 long ago, logged in2 the game, and found out that i just lost an attack less than a minute b4...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN I WASNT EVEN LOGGED IN???? Needless 2 say it killed my win streak i had going...thx Glu!

Comments

• Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    This happened to me a lot before and this is what i realised it must have been.

When you win a match you must go through all the rigmarole claim (diamonds) > continue > claim (drone parts) > load screen (spinning circle thing) > load screen (view of base)

Basically the 2 load screens send your victory to the glu servers

if you close your device down before you get back to the 'safe house' screen it doesn't register and puts you down as a loss.

when you next open the game, while its loading save game data (which can take a couple of minutes) it then uploads the loss to the server, so once you are into your game and you check your battle log it will say 40 seconds ago loss.

This isn't always the case as I lost signal when i won a game, it didn't go to the safe house page, came up with network error restart, i had no reception and thought bollards to it i've lost my win streak i'll come back later. eventually when i got reception i logged back on and it had put me down as a win 40 odd secs ago.

So to answer your question, I frankly don't know!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Anything is possible at THE GLU FACTORY, for starters. Although I haven't experienced this for some time, it has always befuddled me why the game makes you "claim" your rewards BEFORE giving you credit for a victory; sort of backwards if you ask me. Needless to say, that would be the main explanation (as given by UNHAPPY) for a victory becoming a loss ... go figure.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    unhappy wrote: »
    This happened to me a lot before and this is what i realised it must have been.

When you win a match you must go through all the rigmarole claim (diamonds) > continue > claim (drone parts) > load screen (spinning circle thing) > load screen (view of base)

Basically the 2 load screens send your victory to the glu servers

if you close your device down before you get back to the 'safe house' screen it doesn't register and puts you down as a loss.

when you next open the game, while its loading save game data (which can take a couple of minutes) it then uploads the loss to the server, so once you are into your game and you check your battle log it will say 40 seconds ago loss.

This isn't always the case as I lost signal when i won a game, it didn't go to the safe house page, came up with network error restart, i had no reception and thought bollards to it i've lost my win streak i'll come back later. eventually when i got reception i logged back on and it had put me down as a win 40 odd secs ago.

So to answer your question, I frankly don't know!

I dont know, i guess u cud b right, but i have been playing this game now 4 6 1/2 mos and am pretty positive that i have logged out b4 right after a win w/o going back 2 the hm screen 1st, and this has never happened. But as amsoft sd, this is Glu, and ANYTHING is possible.