Options

Some useful tips for beginners

SkcaiSkcai Registered Users 1 Posts
Here are some useful tips found in the net for new players.

1. Stay behind cover
Even though you will still get hit pretty often, if you stay behind cover you’ll receive less damage than being out in the air. So don’t forget to tap the button and get behind cover after shooting!

2. Check out all the targets
Some missions require you to eliminate a specific person, and it might just be one of the people lurking around, so you can complete a mission with a single shot. Even if that’s not the case, you should still check out all the guards to see their level and decide the order in which to take them out, as some are tougher opponents than overs. Which takes us too…

3. Eliminate your enemies in the right order
I would personally suggest to go for the most difficult first, since they can cause you most damage. Special forces and above, or higher level players, these are the ones you should start firing upon and take out most of their health with a well placed head shot. In other cases, when there’s a ton of enemies in an area, it’s better to take out the easy ones to reduce the number and then focus on the more difficult ones.

4. Head shots for best damage
It won’t always be easy to do it when under enemy fire, but you should give your best to try and get headshots, as they give you more damage and therefore get you rid of enemies faster.

5. Upgrade your base first
I know that you are tempted to spend those diamonds on weapon upgrades as soon as you have them, but you should instead focus on upgrading your base. a better defended base reduces the risk of you actually losing diamonds and gives you more storage and production, which can later on be used for all those sweet weapon upgrades. So focus on base upgrades at first and ignore all other missions.

6. Focus on PvP first
Which takes us to another important element: PvP battles. You gain diamonds from winning these levels, so you should focus on them early on: get enough to upgrade your base first, then move on to upgrade the weapons and then simply cruise through the missions with a top weapon.

7. Keep your weapons upgraded
After upgrading your base as much as possible, start working on those weapons: either using regular money or diamonds earned from PvP battles, start upgrading the base ones for better damage and stats and overall easier missions.

8. Take advantage of the free offers
Every now and then, Contract Killer: Sniper will give you a chance to earn some freebies by simply watching a video. Always say yes to these, as you can get free weapon upgrades or extra items that are extremely helpful.

9. Use the knives wisely
What I like the most about the knives is not the fact that you can take out enemies without alerting the guards, but the fact that you can take them out with a single shot. So in very difficult levels, it doesn’t hurt to target one or the most difficult to take out guard and one strike him out with a knife! Use them wisely, though, as you can only get them with premium currency.

Helpful Hints:
1. Use throwing knives to silently kill enemies up to 10 yards away.
2. Upgrade your weapons to increase your firepower.
3. Pay attention to the timer, you must complete your objective before it expires.
4. Use cover to avoid enemy fire.
5. Tap on the gun icon in the HUD to manually reload your gun.

Upgrade your weapon:
Contracts will get more dangerous over time.
You are sometimes required to increase the power of your weapon in order to accept new contracts.

Comments

• Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Skcai wrote: »
    Here are some useful tips found in the net for new players.

1. Stay behind cover
    Even though you will still get hit pretty often, if you stay behind cover you’ll receive less damage than being out in the air. So don’t forget to tap the button and get behind cover after shooting!

2. Check out all the targets
    Some missions require you to eliminate a specific person, and it might just be one of the people lurking around, so you can complete a mission with a single shot. Even if that’s not the case, you should still check out all the guards to see their level and decide the order in which to take them out, as some are tougher opponents than overs. Which takes us too…

3. Eliminate your enemies in the right order
    I would personally suggest to go for the most difficult first, since they can cause you most damage. Special forces and above, or higher level players, these are the ones you should start firing upon and take out most of their health with a well placed head shot. In other cases, when there’s a ton of enemies in an area, it’s better to take out the easy ones to reduce the number and then focus on the more difficult ones.

4. Head shots for best damage
    It won’t always be easy to do it when under enemy fire, but you should give your best to try and get headshots, as they give you more damage and therefore get you rid of enemies faster.

5. Upgrade your base first
    I know that you are tempted to spend those diamonds on weapon upgrades as soon as you have them, but you should instead focus on upgrading your base. a better defended base reduces the risk of you actually losing diamonds and gives you more storage and production, which can later on be used for all those sweet weapon upgrades. So focus on base upgrades at first and ignore all other missions.

6. Focus on PvP first
    Which takes us to another important element: PvP battles. You gain diamonds from winning these levels, so you should focus on them early on: get enough to upgrade your base first, then move on to upgrade the weapons and then simply cruise through the missions with a top weapon.

7. Keep your weapons upgraded
    After upgrading your base as much as possible, start working on those weapons: either using regular money or diamonds earned from PvP battles, start upgrading the base ones for better damage and stats and overall easier missions.

8. Take advantage of the free offers
    Every now and then, Contract Killer: Sniper will give you a chance to earn some freebies by simply watching a video. Always say yes to these, as you can get free weapon upgrades or extra items that are extremely helpful.

9. Use the knives wisely
    What I like the most about the knives is not the fact that you can take out enemies without alerting the guards, but the fact that you can take them out with a single shot. So in very difficult levels, it doesn’t hurt to target one or the most difficult to take out guard and one strike him out with a knife! Use them wisely, though, as you can only get them with premium currency.

Helpful Hints:
    1. Use throwing knives to silently kill enemies up to 10 yards away.
    2. Upgrade your weapons to increase your firepower.
    3. Pay attention to the timer, you must complete your objective before it expires.
    4. Use cover to avoid enemy fire.
    5. Tap on the gun icon in the HUD to manually reload your gun.

Upgrade your weapon:
    Contracts will get more dangerous over time.
    You are sometimes required to increase the power of your weapon in order to accept new contracts.

Very useful post dated "ages" ago but still up to date.
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    And one more personal observation to help against screen lag as the levels increase...

Once you've taken care of the 1st wave and as soon as you see the incoming rocket symbol from the drone, DUCK! As soon as the curtain raises, both the drone and the juggernaut start firing. If you're up and shooting, I find the lag kills you, or the game freezes and you end up with a "sorry, the game has stopped expectantly" crash error.

Once the drone and Jug have stopped firing, I immediately take out the drone (it's a resource hog and the source - I think - of all the lag issues). With the drone out of the way, focus on the Jug. After that, clean up is relatively straight forward.

So, make sure you duck if the Jug and/or drone are firing...

Happy hunting!
  • Options
    Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    I think the best advice may be to quit before you get to far into the game or before you pump the first benjamin into it lol. But then again suffer like the rest of us. Have fun
  • Options
    ThianrenThianren Registered Users 77 Posts
    Not forget to save up the Golds. I suggest to prioritize the med kits first.