GLOBAL 07/16/2015 and LEAGUE PVP: WILL IT HAPPEN?

Comments

• Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I don't have the strength or time to start all over. Seeing as how badly we've been treated in CKS, we're going to be abused just as bad in Mission Impossible. I don't have any regrets if this game dies, I managed to play to my hearts content and didn't have to spend any money. It was an honor gentleman, but this game is sinking faster than the titanic. Adios, contract killer. I'll see this game through till the very end.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    Can you guys give the rest of a chance before going gung ho in the events? :)

I was just giving the game a test drive. I am not inclined to move and start all over. It is a real elegant looking game, but it is just a CKS clone, you will recognize the scenery, the missions and the game structure. Nothing new
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I was just giving the game a test drive. I am not inclined to move and start all over. It is a real elegant looking game, but it is just a CKS clone, you will recognize the scenery, the missions and the game structure. Nothing new

it's nothing new, but it's kind of nice to get what is basically a reset and everybody starts over. Kind of like we're all on even ground again. At least for a little while
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    it's nothing new, but it's kind of nice to get what is basically a reset and everybody starts over. Kind of like we're all on even ground again. At least for a little while

And a number of the rooms have lovely new wallpaper.
  • Devius666Devius666 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Jeez you are a bunch of whingers. Big whoop you don't have a global event
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    IOS global event 07/16/15, 1 day 3 hours overdue

#1: 384 posts, Disappointed101 (The kind of people that still haven't lost hope in CKS, alas myself included)
    #2: 353 posts, Frustrated*** (Those guys are after us but don't trouble me. I don't see a great future for them. They will soon change clans going either to AngryBirds or to IMDONE's)
    #3: 202 posts, AngryBirds (The big threat! Closing in growing stronger every hour)
    #10: 157 posts, IMDONE (If or when they reach top-3, CKS is over)
    #30: 34 posts, HeyWazzaaaaaa! (No comments, ignorance is bliss, always been jealous of them I admit)

next update at 1 day 6 hours overdue

GOODNIGHT (OR DAY OR AFTERNOON) AND GOOD LUCK!!!
    You will go where you look at...
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    IOS global event 07/16/15, 1 day 3 hours overdue

#1: 384 posts, Disappointed101 (The kind of people that still haven't lost hope in CKS, alas myself included)
    #2: 353 posts, Frustrated*** (Those guys are after us but don't trouble me. I don't see a great future for them. They will soon change clans going either to AngryBirds or to IMDONE's)
    #3: 202 posts, AngryBirds (The big threat! Closing in growing stronger every hour)
    #10: 157 posts, IMDONE (If or when they reach top-3, CKS is over)
    #30: 34 posts, HeyWazzaaaaaa! (No comments, ignorance is bliss, always been jealous of them I admit)

next update at 1 day 6 hours overdue

GOODNIGHT (OR DAY OR AFTERNOON) AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Where do you get this stuff? I mean does it flow freely and naturally from within? LMAO
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Where do you get this stuff? I mean does it flow freely and naturally from within? LMAO

I should have been born British I guess!
    Cynicism and Black Humor is one my favorite sources of humor.
    As we say in Greece, laziness is mother of all evil.
    In this instance, eventlessness is the mother of all BSing I guess.
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Update: It looks like the event will not be starting till tomorrow due to some issues. I Will report to you all once I have more info on this.

The issue that not enough people are playing MIRN. The day that it is released out of beta being the same day CKS is dropped on its аrѕе..!? Coinsidence..!?

CSK has its faults and the fact that tier 13 is nearly there would make me believe that the game is 13 months old, past its use by date!!
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    If these are clan names on iOS, where do you see the number of posts?

I just switched to a very active clan with dedicated players that keep execellent records. Haven't seen their game face yet - wonder why???
    try_again wrote: »
    if these are clan names on ios, where do you see the number of posts?

I just switched to a very active clan with dedicated players that keep execellent records. Haven't seen their game face yet - wonder why???

try again! :)
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Just call me gullible. On second thought, don't.
    unhappy wrote: »
    The issue that not enough people are playing MIRN. The day that it is released out of beta being the same day CKS is dropped on its аrѕе..!? Coinsidence..!?

CSK has its faults and the fact that tier 13 is nearly there would make me believe that the game is 13 months old, past its use by date!!

I would be curious to see some real statistics, but I would think GLU will be hard pressed to attract people to transition to MIRN without some solid improvements in game performance and variety in particular. It's so painful to close campaign contracts that I rarely do so unless I'm forced to by an impending update; it's boring but need not be that way. It's really nothing more than target practice; all we would need are a handful of new game maps. It seems they've abandoned any type of creativity in developing a game that would hold someone's interest in favor of lining their pockets with profits.

All but the newest and most naïve players will even bother with MIRN, in my humble opinion.

BTW 13 TIERS does not necessarily translate into 13 months. If memory serves, the original (prior to the update) game started with 7-8 TIERS and then they started with the addons beginning with KILL CLUB I believe. I cursed every last one of them **SMILES**
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    Still no Global on droid...guess its not going 2 happen...
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    I don't have the strength or time to start all over. Seeing as how badly we've been treated in CKS, we're going to be abused just as bad in Mission Impossible. I don't have any regrets if this game dies, I managed to play to my hearts content and didn't have to spend any money. It was an honor gentleman, but this game is sinking faster than the titanic. Adios, contract killer. I'll see this game through till the very end.

I totally agree with everything u said Angels...have no interest in starting over again. I have put a LOT of time in2 this game, and if this is the end 4 it, then i will c it 2 the end and then I am done (which my family will b happy about). I 2 have not given them 1 red cent and managed 2 work my way 2 T10 and 11.0 weapons...it was fun while it lasted.
    try_again wrote: »
    Just call me gullible. On second thought, don't.

I wouldn't dare try_again. Hope you weren't offended.
    I'm just trying to mock the situation or else the whole CKS thing would collapse in my head and I'm not ready for this yet.
    Others may be, I am not.
    arnman wrote: »
    Still no Global on droid...guess its not going 2 happen...

Well in this case, this is a serious problem that they've only recently determined how serious it is. The game is essentially completely broken with regards to Global PvP. My projections were for Google Android, but there are clearly some system components that are "shared" across all platforms.

I wouldn't give up on them yet however, if GLU has any predictability at all left in them, the Global will resume at 12:00 Noon PST; in roughly 6-7 hours.
    Well in this case, this is a serious problem that they've only recently determined how serious it is. The game is essentially completely broken with regards to Global PvP. My projections were for Google Android, but there are clearly some system components that are "shared" across all platforms.

I wouldn't give up on them yet however, if GLU has any predictability at all left in them, the Global will resume at 12:00 Noon PST; in roughly 6-7 hours.

Is it possible that CKS & MIRN share the same servers and that there's not enough capacity?
    Is it possible that CKS & MIRN share the same servers and that there's not enough capacity?

They share the same hardware platform, but I doubt they share the same servers since everything is "virtualized" these days. That being said, server resources would be of little concern in this regard for two reasons (1) I doubt there is anyone substantial playing MIRN yet (2) they can allocate more resources on the fly when a server exhibits signs of stress.

This one is simple ... Global PvP is broken and any game that has PvP at it's core is also broken. The task at hand is daunting, how do you permanently fix the problem without taking every PvP based game / platform offline indefinitely?

Personally I wouldn't want to need to explain this to my boss, but then again I would never have let it reach this point.
    They share the same hardware platform, but I doubt they share the same servers since everything is "virtualized" these days. That being said, server resources would be of little concern in this regard for two reasons (1) I doubt there is anyone substantial playing MIRN yet (2) they can allocate more resources on the fly when a server exhibits signs of stress.

This one is simple ... Global PvP is broken and any game that has PvP at it's core is also broken. The task at hand is daunting, how do you permanently fix the problem without taking every PvP based game / platform offline indefinitely?

Personally I wouldn't want to need to explain this to my boss, but then again I would never have let it reach this point.

I think Bradr752 said that there's a PVP on MIRN right now.
    I think Bradr752 said that there's a PVP on MIRN right now.

Yeah and that means what? There aren't enough players for it to be of any concern ... yet ... but the problem exists and it's only a matter of time.

I would not, however, dismiss the notion that this is GLU's way of retiring CKS. Rip out it's heart without any warning or announcements; that WOULD be the GLU way.

I'm going to install it right now, out of curiosity, and to get a hands on feel for the game.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    Yeah and that means what? There aren't enough players for it to be of any concern ... yet ... but the problem exists and it's only a matter of time.

I would not, however, dismiss the notion that this is GLU's way of retiring CKS. Rip out it's heart without any warning or announcements; that WOULD be the GLU way.

I'm going to install it right now, out of curiosity, and to get a hands on feel for the game.

I did the same yesterday on my droid. 11 pvp winstreak put me into 235th, then.... the game ****ped out. At present, the game hangs after PVP battles. I've won 7 in a row that all are losses since the game - for me - won't reconnect with the mother ship. It may be a corrupted file, but I've tried reinstalling to no avail.

As for strategy, I went with:
    - minimum weapons upgrades to keep pvp matchups fair
    - upgrade base economy first, health 2nd
    - level up on missions as much as possible. (level 8 lets you buy better primary weapons without wasting gems)
    - clearing the first mission board activates the drone. Now, with player health equal to drone power, it's a huge bonus to use the drone...
    - donate to the drone bank as much as possible. The mission's open contracts give you the upgrade tokens...

for what it's worth...
    OK I've given MIRN a test spin and it's not too bad, I must say. I haven't cleared my first batch of campaign contracts so everything is still locked up. Can't give an honest appraisal as yet, but I will. If memory serves, on CKS many of the nuisance problems didn't begin to surface until well into the game, at least 4-5 regions if I remember correctly' KILL CLUB is where all hell broke loose with regards to bugs.

But I will keep you posted as I progress.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    OK I've given MIRN a test spin and it's not too bad, I must say. I haven't cleared my first batch of campaign contracts so everything is still locked up. Can't give an honest appraisal as yet, but I will. If memory serves, on CKS many of the nuisance problems didn't begin to surface until well into the game, at least 4-5 regions if I remember correctly' KILL CLUB is where all hell broke loose with regards to bugs.

Thanks and I agree.... some bugs in CKS before, but when they launched the Events, the game broke. Very interesting concept, but there are some key flaws in there...

Actually, in the beginning of these games, with power and defense nicely matched, it's pretty fun. You can loose if you aren't careful and wins aren't a cakewalk, but you stand a fair chance each time out...

The problem is, as with all Glu games, that in order to explore the upper regions, you need to commit cash and I can't force myself to do that. I completed the Morocco campaign and did some PVP, current rank 497, but I can't do the London campaign without buying a gun and I already know the slippery slope that puts me on. Really like the game so far, but still hate Glu and am unwilling to pay up for the "privilege" of moving on to the latest and greatest.

For better or worse the break from CKS competition has convinced me not to sink any more money into that game either.
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    For better or worse the break from CKS competition has convinced me not to sink any more money into that game either.

Agreed. I just wish this was before my recent sinking of money, although it wasn't much, so no big loss. It's also made me realize that I don't need CKS and how much I can get done when I'm not stopping every hour to play. Glu's restrictions on energy and playing every hour is ridiculous.

I wonder... I assume Glu had to "win" some contract with whoever to name the game after Mission Impossible. I haven't tried the game yet, but based on what everyone is saying, it's so much like CKS, that I can't help but wonder if they struck some deal to try and get as many players as possible to move over to MIRN by cancelling out some features of CKS.
    The problem is, as with all Glu games, that in order to explore the upper regions, you need to commit cash and I can't force myself to do that. I completed the Morocco campaign and did some PVP, current rank 497, but I can't do the London campaign without buying a gun and I already know the slippery slope that puts me on. Really like the game so far, but still hate Glu and am unwilling to pay up for the "privilege" of moving on to the latest and greatest.

I thought not giving GLU any real money was a foregone conclusion **SMILES** at least for me it wasn't even an option after failure after failure after postponement etc etc etc. I had 1,000 BARS of GOLD that was getting so dusty waiting for an event, I just gave up and spent it on anything useful I could find (you wouldn't believe how hard that was, or maybe you would) LOL

Either way GLU has destroyed any and all credibility with anyone who has had any dealings with them. It will catch up to them one day and we may never hear about it, but it will.
  • Stork007Stork007 Registered Users 91 Posts

Amsoft bro where could i dl that mirn i will give a test hehehe
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    Stork007 wrote: »

Stands for Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Should be in your app/play store.
    Stork007 wrote: »

Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glu.mi5