GLOBAL 07/16/2015 and LEAGUE PVP

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    PVP Events are what makes this game fun, but it is more fun if you get a weapon when it is all over.

This weekend will be Sniper Global. While it may be fun to compete for a 12.5 Sniper, I have a much cheaper alternative. Right now there is a 12.0 Raven Sniper on sale for $4.5 M game dollars and a 12.5 Raven Elite for 480 Gold. Either will get you through the next Campaign. I picked up the Elite, which relieves the pressure for a TOP 30 finish this weekend.

Last month the Flue Elite that was offered was the same as the TOP 10 weapon, and the cash only Flute was identical to Cllarinet which was the Top 30 prize.

THANKS for the tip man ... I think I'll grab one of those freebies to guarantee my passage through the next round of campaigns. I'm sitting on several million bucks since my declaration to FORFEIT my ASSAULT parts.

Just one remaining open issue ... GLU must address the weapons parts problem on Android.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    THANKS for the tip man ... I think I'll grab one of those freebies to guarantee my passage through the next round of campaigns.

Now you can take the weekend off!
    Now you can take the weekend off!

Taking the weekend off means sneaking in some target practice and drone training missions LMAO
    I have a much cheaper alternative. Right now there is a 12.0 Raven Sniper on sale for $4.5 M game dollars and a 12.5 Raven Elite for 480 Gold. Either will get you through the next Campaign. I picked up the Elite, which relieves the pressure for a TOP 30 finish this weekend.

Last month the Flue Elite that was offered was the same as the TOP 10 weapon, and the cash only Flute was identical to Cllarinet which was the Top 30 prize.

HOUSTON ... We Have A Problem !!! Was this a weekend sale item last weekend? The highest rated SNIPERS in my store are the FLUTE ELITE and CLARINET.
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    PVP Events are what makes this game fun, but it is more fun if you get a weapon when it is all over.

This weekend will be Sniper Global. While it may be fun to compete for a 12.5 Sniper, I have a much cheaper alternative. Right now there is a 12.0 Raven Sniper on sale for $4.5 M game dollars and a 12.5 Raven Elite for 480 Gold. Either will get you through the next Campaign. I picked up the Elite, which relieves the pressure for a TOP 30 finish this weekend.

Say what? I see the 12.0 Raven in my store, but only if I have 50 parts. I do not see any 12.5 snipers in the store. I'm guessing this may have to do with that I don't have DTK unlocked yet?
    THANKS for the tip man ... I think I'll grab one of those freebies to guarantee my passage through the next round of campaigns. I'm sitting on several million bucks since my declaration to FORFEIT my ASSAULT parts.

Just one remaining open issue ... GLU must address the weapons parts problem on Android.

freebies? I'm still not sure how you guys get the gold needed. 50 a day over the 3 PVP days and the global? Your last screenshot only showed you have 200 gold. I'm reaching my max on how much I'm willing to spend on this game versus it's frustration/quality/customer service, so I need to find new ways to earn some gold. :)
    HOUSTON ... We Have A Problem !!! Was this a weekend sale item last weekend? The highest rated SNIPERS in my store are the FLUTE ELITE and CLARINET.

Was typing my other response when this came in. I have the Clarinet (36/50 parts), so can't buy it. I don't see the flute elite though, just the regular old Flute, which is also a parts gun. I have the 12.0 Raven as a parts gun as well. Must be only for the big spenders they have those guns.
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    Was typing my other response when this came in. I have the Clarinet (36/50 parts), so can't buy it. I don't see the flute elite though, just the regular old Flute, which is also a parts gun. I have the 12.0 Raven as a parts gun as well. Must be only for the big spenders they have those guns.

What is your Base Level? Not all weapons are available to players who haven't upgraded. It's not a question of being a big spender, but of base upgrade. (But maybe that makes one a big spender)
    What is your Base Level? Not all weapons are available to players who haven't upgraded. It's not a question of being a big spender, but of base upgrade. (But maybe that makes one a big spender)

I'm 2 upgrades away from tier 11.

However, that seems counter intuitive. I can compete for a 12.5 Heavy/Tesla, but I can't buy (with gold mind you) a 12.5 sniper or assault because of my base level? In that regards, and to help with Scorpions dilemma on number of players, they should break up the global event by base level instead of having beginners playing for guns that are going to cause them matchups they can't win. I just checked my PVP bracket, and I have a Tier 4 base in their competing for 12.5 tesla parts. Sure that gun will help them down the road, if this game even lasts that long and they haven't shut it down to promote MIRN.

However, that seems counter intuitive. I can compete for a 12.5 Heavy/Tesla, but I can't buy (with gold mind you) a 12.5 sniper or assault because of my base level? In that regards, and to help with Scorpions dilemma on number of players, they should break up the global event by base level instead of having beginners playing for guns that are going to cause them matchups they can't win. I just checked my PVP bracket, and I have a Tier 4 base in their competing for 12.5 tesla parts. Sure that gun will help them down the road, if this game even lasts that long and they haven't shut it down to promote MIRN.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but since when did Glu make sense? The rule has always been you could compete for guns, but couldn't buy them. Also note that you can win a weapon but can't upgrade it because your vault it too small. The final tier of upgrades for 12.5 weapons costs 897 K per upgrade, which is impossible unless you are at least Level 11.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts

I've been trying to convince Scorpion of this for a while, but then mention my tier 11 game and it throws him off.

I fully agree with you. My tier 6 game has 6x primaries, and I have 4 uncrafted guns with all the parts. If I craft any one of them, it will mean suicide for being able to compete in PVP again. I would not have the health to survive one hit from tier 11 or 12 bases I'd be matched with.

Now in an optimum set global for my tier, I was offered a 7x weapon, I could possibly (?) be able to use it instead of putting it in storage until I reached tier 11. Then competitions would be usefull, and not just an investment into a questionable future date.

Even now, I am starting to get very poor matchups that aren't easy to refuse by the increasing cost structure and my low vault limit. Typically 2 to 4 times my weapon strength means a quick death. I also rely on attacks to have a backup for to leave the expensive selection and go to my battle log. It's almost like the uncrafted weapons are starting to be counted against me.

Bottom line is, it's getting to be very high diamond requirements to continue competing, but the only alternative is buying secondaries continually until I make the current global weapon prize level. It's broken now, and I may have to leave that game.
    It doesn't make a lot of sense, but since when did Glu make sense? The rule has always been you could compete for guns, but couldn't buy them. Also note that you can win a weapon but can't upgrade it because your vault it too small. The final tier of upgrades for 12.5 weapons costs 897 K per upgrade, which is impossible unless you are at least Level 11.

Glu not making sense, makes sense. However, by "rule" you have the Raven as a buyable gun, I have it as a parts gun that would require me to compete for it?
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Google ANDROID 07/20/2015 SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #1

league_event_20150720.png

Global Event: 20 PARTS
    Day #1: 10 PARTS

30 PARTS down, 20 PARTS to go

The Silver League competition is getting stronger as well; 300 VP is the new DAY #1 Target for winning this event outright, up from 200-250; a far cry from the days of 35 PARTS in Global and winning DAY #1 for 20 PARTS (TOP 3 FINISH) for the wrap up.

I suppose I can get in my target practice during SNIPER week.

*** SMILES ***

24xlutf.jpg

My Day 2 league event was even more brutal. 254 points only got you to #4. The winner did have 304 points. It took 160 points just to win 12 parts.
    Definitely crazy scoring.
    Say what? I see the 12.0 Raven in my store, but only if I have 50 parts. I do not see any 12.5 snipers in the store. I'm guessing this may have to do with that I don't have DTK unlocked yet?

freebies? I'm still not sure how you guys get the gold needed. 50 a day over the 3 PVP days and the global? Your last screenshot only showed you have 200 gold. I'm reaching my max on how much I'm willing to spend on this game versus it's frustration/quality/customer service, so I need to find new ways to earn some gold. :)

FREEBIES ... SNIPERS and ASSAULTS are free weapons ... where have you been "buying" yours? I think they owe you a refund.

At least they're consistent ... the store items were never consistent across players. I'm at TIER 12 and the only thing I can think of in this regard is that I've only collected one Intel in DRESSED TO KILL and have many campaigns to complete. Other than the campaigns, I can't figure why I wouldn't see these weapons.

The GLU FACTORY strikes again.
    concerned wrote: »
    24xlutf.jpg

My Day 2 league event was even more brutal. 254 points only got you to #4. The winner did have 304 points. It took 160 points just to win 12 parts.

This is the worst I've seen yet ... was this on Google Android?
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    This is the worst I've seen yet ... was this on Google Android?

No, it was on IOS.

Day 3 is almost as bad. With 13 hours to go the leader is already over 100 points and it takes over 70 points to make the top 10.
    FREEBIES ... SNIPERS and ASSAULTS are free weapons ... where have you been "buying" yours? I think they owe you a refund.

I only count freebies as the snipers and assaults you can buy with in game cash. brad mentioned a 12.5 that was on sale for gold. I don't consider that a freebie.
    I only count freebies as the snipers and assaults you can buy with in game cash. brad mentioned a 12.5 that was on sale for gold. I don't consider that a freebie.

I was referring to in game CASH ... I would absolutely never spend gold on SNIPERS or ASSAULTS. Actually BRAD knows better ... I don't know what he was thinking at the time.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    24xlutf.jpg

This is nothing!! You should have seen the bracket I was in last Monday, 7-20-2015. 1st had 560 League VP!!
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    my league was a walk in the park.. 128 vp got me 7th place, 112 vp got 10th place.

Changing the subject slightly.. who managed to get all the parts for the "Teslas" <-- Plural!!
    Global Event: 20 PARTS
    Day #1: 10 PARTS (RANK #7)
    Day #2: 12 PARTS (RANK #4)
    Day #3: 12 PARTS (RANK #5)

54 PARTS down, Only needed 50, oh well

***SMILES***

Now it's off to the Adirondacks for a brief hiatus ... Porterhouse & Lobster Tails are on the menu.
    unhappy wrote: »
    my league was a walk in the park.. 128 vp got me 7th place, 112 vp got 10th place.

Changing the subject slightly.. who managed to get all the parts for the "Teslas" <-- Plural!!

TO (2) TESLA OR NOT 2 TESLA ???

tesla_dominion.png

tesla_lordship.png

It took morning Java before what you mentioned actually kicked in. So I went back in to check. I had 54 PARTS so when I CRAFTED the LORDSHIP, the remaining 4 PARTS were assigned to the DOMINION.

Will wonders ever cease?

KUDOS UNHAPPY ... why is your call-sign UNHAPPY anyway?

No worries though, the one thing GLU has demonstrated over and over again is that once it's done ... it's done ... and cannot be reversed.

The one saving grace ... this TESLA should take me through the remaining CKS lifetime.

*** SMILING ***
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Well, I guess now GLU will stop all development of problems and fix that nasty bug asap - parts spilling over and no gold for GLU!

So, how did you get the Lordship, was that a top 10 prize - thought you only got 20 parts in global? (someone else's pics?)

In the past, I was able to get both the Atlas and Mercury in one week, top 10 finish and 50 parts in silver league - that won't happen again!
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts

I was really ріѕѕеԁ off with glu when I joined the forum..
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    TO (2) TESLA OR NOT 2 TESLA ???

tesla_dominion.png

tesla_lordship.png

It took morning Java before what you mentioned actually kicked in. So I went back in to check. I had 54 PARTS so when I CRAFTED the LORDSHIP, the remaining 4 PARTS were assigned to the DOMINION.

Will wonders ever cease?

No worries though, the one thing GLU has demonstrated over and over again is that once it's done ... it's done ... and cannot be reversed.

The one saving grace ... this TESLA should take me through the remaining CKS lifetime.

*** SMILING ***

By now I guess you have already received a PM from Angels...
    You will go where you look at...
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    I read your preliminary analysis
    Not a single comment? You'll just stay at the shadows?
    NO I'm not blond
    Neither am I :)
    YES I'm coming over (just not sure exactly when as yet)
    I know when. It's going to be sooner rather than later. I estimate that at latest, it will be when Bradr752 say "Let's do this", you'll dive in right after ;)
    and I'm coming for YOU !!! **SMILES**

YZlRL4I.jpg

Easy buddy, you'll give me a heart attack! :mad:
    It would be fun but I'm afraid this is not possible. You'll either have to buy an iphone or I'll have to buy a android phone and neither one of us is willing to do so. Even though I'm tempted...
    Cheers!
    You will go where you look at...
    try_again wrote: »
    Well, I guess now GLU will stop all development of problems and fix that nasty bug asap - parts spilling over and no gold for GLU!

So, how did you get the Lordship, was that a top 10 prize - thought you only got 20 parts in global? (someone else's pics?)

In the past, I was able to get both the Atlas and Mercury in one week, top 10 finish and 50 parts in silver league - that won't happen again!

I didn't really notice until it was all done, but apparently, I was collecting PARTS for both weapons (don't ask) and when I went to craft the new TESLA I realized that the LORDSHIP was there as well. You can figure out what happened next. **SMILES**

I look at it this way ... GLU has screwed me out of 2 HEAVIES (once with 45 PARTS and GLU cancelled DAY #3) ... GLU still owes me 1 WEAPON and we can wipe the slate clean ... that will never happen, I'm afraid to say.
    NK14 wrote: »
    Not a single comment? You'll just stay at the shadows?

Neither am I :)

I know when. It's going to be sooner rather than later. I estimate that at latest, it will be when Bradr752 say "Let's do this", you'll dive in right after ;)

YZlRL4I.jpg

Easy buddy, you'll give me a heart attack! :mad:
    It would be fun but I'm afraid this is not possible. You'll either have to buy an iphone or I'll have to buy a android phone and neither one of us is willing to do so. Even though I'm tempted...
    Cheers!

Yes Sir ... once BRAD says Ok guys, our work is done here let's head over there. I wouldn't want to get spoiled by forgetting all of the bugs and glitches we've grown so accustomed to but have somehow put behind us. No ... lets start all over and experience the frustrations all over again.

What the hell ... I'm in !!!
    One Final Thought and we'll close this thread:

No worries on multiple weapons from parts. Apparently, this has been going on for quite some time ... of course you would need to compete for and win the PARTS to even notice at all. It's not the first time I've noticed weapons in my cache that I OWNED and couldn't remember where I had WON them ... ROCKFALL TESLA (MUDFLOW's big brother) and ADAM SNIPER (EVE's TOP 10 counterpart) come to immediate recollection, so that's at least one month this has been in play and probably extends back further. By design or not it definitely knocks the air out of competing for a TOP 30 spot along with the associated expense that goes along with it.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    One Final Thought and we'll close this thread:

No worries on multiple weapons from parts. Apparently, this has been going on for quite some time ... of course you would need to compete for and win the PARTS to even notice at all. It's not the first time I've noticed weapons in my cache that I OWNED and couldn't remember where I had WON them ... ROCKFALL TESLA (MUDFLOW's big brother) and ADAM SNIPER (EVE's TOP 10 counterpart) come to immediate recollection, so that's at least one month this has been in play and probably extends back further. By design or not it definitely knocks the air out of competing for a TOP 30 spot along with the associated expense that goes along with it.

I love how you finally showed your true colors on these forums. I always thought of you as a wannabe "David T" all your constant posts about this game and trying to help people. I guess that's been a facade because you finally hate the players of the game more than the game itself. It's finally dawned on you that if you can't enjoy this game, you'll do everything in your power to sabotage it for others.

Why would you go out and release a fully detailed report of such an amazing glitch that benefited the players? Allowing players to get a weapon in the top 10 spots for "free" is not intentional. You can bet yourself that this glitch will be fixed in the near future, I couldn't believe for a second that you would turn coat and help the same game that has screwed you over multiple times. Everybody knows glitches that benefit the players are fixed immediately, the glitches that benefit the game stay with us forever.

The difference between the two of us is that even though I didn't enjoy the game, I wouldn't go out of my way and expose glitches that benefited the players. You on the other hand would sell out your fellow players in a heartbeat.