Options

HANDLES: GOOGLE ANDROID SCORING vs AWARDS

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
HANDLES: GOOGLE ANDROID SCORING vs AWARDS STRUCTURE.

It is now impossible to WIN 35 weapons parts on Google Android. What plans does GLU have to remedy this problem, if any?
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• Options
    I just wanted to be clear on "impossible". 8,500 AP extends well below RANK #100 and since RANK #90 is the cutoff for 35 PARTS, you cannot WIN the parts and complete the weapon by winning the additional 15 PARTS in LEAGUE PLAY since the GOLD LEAGUE does not give any credit for parts won in the Global Event.

It is LITERALLY impossible to craft a complete weapon. You can WIN 35 PARTS, but they are useless.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    GLU is already two steps ahead of you on this problem. They now offer the prize parts as wheel prizes for the players.
  • Options
    Missing the point as usual ... it would cost a minimum of 12,000 AP just to get the PARTS by finishing at RANK #90 or above. The fact that they're all but useless is a secondary concern. The primary concern is the award structure is outdated. The post also clearly states "... by winning the additional parts in LEAGUE PLAY".
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Scorpion, I know you know this but I feel obligated to make it explicit: So far as Glu is concerned this awards structure is working perfectly so long as every week Android players throw more and more money at Glu. You have assembled the data for the last several weeks, and to my view it is unequivocal: Android players are willing to give Glu more and more money each week to win worthless weapons. Why would Glu want to interfere with that insane situation?

You know I am no defender of Glu, but Glu would be crazy to "fix" the prize structure, when it makes more money for them every week. So long as Android gamers are willing to give Glu tons of cash every Global, why would Glu ever alter that?

What possible reason could Glu have to end this madness (other than fairness, which I immediately dismiss as a possible motive or Glu to change the structure)?

We keep predicting a collapse, but until it happens, Glu will just rake in the profits.

I know that you are not participating in this insanity, but Glu has no incentive to fix this so long as players are willing to pay more and more each week for a Sniper with a $20.00 cash value.

The smart Android player will not go for a top 30 prize or for the parts if it costs more money than the purchase of the weapon at the store, but sadly, Android gamers clearly have another agenda. I am forced to blame the Android players, and don't expect Glu to turn down the windfall.

From your last report on the Global the #1 player had 68607 AP. That represents 2745 wins, ignoring losses and Glu initiated streak ending reboots. That would have required $600.00 in buy-ins for a weapon for sale at $20.00 at the store. The number 30 player had 25668 AP, which represents 1031 wins which would have required 4956 in Gold or $150 for a weapon that was available for free (game dollars) on the Amazon and IOS platforms. It makes no sense at all, and yet it appears that dozens, maybe hundreds, of Android players did it.

Why do I keep thinking about the Dutch Tulip Mania when we discuss this?
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Scorpion, I know you know this but I feel obligated to make it explicit: So far as Glu is concerned this awards structure is working perfectly so long as every week Android players throw more and more money at Glu. You have assembled the data for the last several weeks, and to my view it is unequivocal: Android players are willing to give Glu more and more money each week to win worthless weapons. Why would Glu want to interfere with that insane situation?

You know I am no defender of Glu, but Glu would be crazy to "fix" the prize structure, when it makes more money for them every week. So long as Android gamers are willing to give Glu tons of cash every Global, why would Glu ever alter that?

We keep predicting a collapse, but until it happens, Glu will just rake in the profits.

I know that you are not participating in this insanity, but Glu has no incentive to fix this so long as players are willing to pay more and more each week for a Sniper with a $20.00 cash value.

The smart Android player will not go for a top 30 prize or for the parts if it costs more money than the purchase of the weapon at the store, but sadly, Android gamers clearly have another agenda. I am forced to blame the Android players, and don't expect Glu to turn down the windfall.

From your last report on the Global the #1 player had 68607 AP. That represents 2745 wins, ignoring losses and Glu initiated streak ending reboots. That would have required $600.00 in buy-ins for a weapon for sale at $20.00 at the store. The number 30 player had 25668 AP, which represents 1031 wins which would have required 4956 in Gold or $150 for a weapon that was available for free (game dollars) on the Amazon and IOS platforms. It makes no sense at all, and yet it appears that dozens, maybe hundreds, of Android players did it.

Why do I keep thinking about the Dutch Tulip Mania when we discuss this?

Yeah you're right ... it's a losing cause, I give up ....
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Yeah you're right ... it's a losing cause, I give up ....

Don't view it as a losing cause. You are right to get this one fixed. But don't lose sight of the fact that the smart player plays the game he is given and wins by recognizing the facts on the ground, and altering his strategy to fit those facts.

Meantime, have you thought of changing your handle to Don Quixote? I would be glad to play the role of Sancho Panza. (Pardon my arcane reference to Spanish literature.)
  • Options
    Don't view it as a losing cause. You are right to get this one fixed. But don't lose sight of the fact that the smart player plays the game he is given and wins by recognizing the facts on the ground, and altering his strategy to fit those facts.

Meantime, have you thought of changing your handle to Don Quixote? I would be glad to play the role of Sancho Panza. (Pardon my arcane reference to Spanish literature.)

LOL a lunatic chasing windmills ... my girl friend called me Crusader Rabbit ... it's my greatest strength and my greatest weakness ... I simply want things to work as intended and it's not for me, per se, because I always adapt and win ... it's the thousands of players on Android who struggle and never win anything that drives me nuts ... but in this case as thousands of dollars are poured into a flawed game, there is absolutely no reason to fix it.

I gave it my best shot ... oh well time to move on.
  • Options
    LOL a lunatic chasing windmills ... my girl friend called my Crusader Rabbit ... it's my greatest strength and my greatest weakness ... I simply want things to work as intended and it's not for me, per se, because I always adapt and win ... it's the thousands of players on Android who struggle and never win anything that drives me nuts ... but in this case as thousands of dollars are poured into flawed game, there is absolutely no reason to fix it.

I gave it my best shot ... oh well time to move on.

I hope you don't move on, because you are my favorite student of the game. (Sorry, Nick, you are a strong #2) Just don't lose perspective. You invented the strategy of finishing outside the top 30 and completing the weapon in Silver strategy, which I used with total success for several weeks. Now it is time to craft a new strategy that doesn't revolve around winning or crafting weapons in an insanely competitive environment. I am hoping that you will continue to help me work out the most cost effective approach to this game. I credit you with saving me hundreds of dollars so far and hope that you will stick around to save me even more. Don't give up the fight, but meantime, let's both work on some new money saving alternative strategies.
  • Options
    I hope you don't move on, because you are my favorite student of the game. Just don't lose perspective. You invented the strategy of finishing outside the top 30 and completing the weapon in Silver strategy, which I used with total success for several weeks. Now it is time to craft a new strategy that doesn't revolve around winning or crafting weapons in an insanely competitive environment. I am hoping that you will continue to help me work out the most cost effective approach to this game. I credit you with saving me hundreds of dollars so far and hope that you will stick around to save me even more. Don't give up the fight, but meantime, let's both work on some new money saving alternative strategies.

I meant move on from this issue ... I have no intention of going anywhere, not as long as you're here berating me LOL
  • Options
    I meant move on from this issue ... I have no intention of going anywhere, not as long as you're here berating me LOL

It is a good fight, keep it up!

I am thinking in view of the incredible competition for winning weapons, we need to keep a closer eye on store sales. I have been toying with the idea of a Forum Thread devoted solely to reporting sales when they occur. I know it varies from platform to platform and not all weapons are available to everybody, but the time has come to ferret out weapons bargains when we find them. The time has come to buy cheap weapons when we can.
  • Options
    It is a good fight, keep it up!

I'm already working on a new strategy and you can definitely help because it involves drones. The strategic goal:

(1) End this endless cycle of weapons upgrades to keep pace with stronger opponents

(2) Streamline the drone development process to the bare minimum

(3) Detailed cost analysis of all aspects of the game from the perspective of junior, average and senior players.

Simple right? ** SMILES **
  • Options
    I'm already working on a new strategy and you can definitely help because it involves drones. The strategic goal:

(1) End this endless cycle of weapons upgrades to keep pace with stronger opponents

(2) Streamline the drone development process to the bare minimum

(3) Detailed cost analysis of all aspects of the game from the perspective of junior, average and senior players.

Simple right? ** SMILES **

I like it. Drone strategy is a great long term investment. The addition of 30 more levels to 150 has altered the landscape, but has simplified the strategy.

I am so delighted that you have caught the vision of drones. They are the only long term improvement to a player's game. I am frustrated now because I am having difficulty upgrading my Drone, but for the player with a long term perspective, this is the place to invest spare Diamonds.

I am good with anything you come up with, so long as it is not dependent upon Glu "doing the right thing>"
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    I like it. Drone strategy is a great long term investment. The addition of 30 more levels to 150 has altered the landscape, but has simplified the strategy.

I am so delighted that you have caught the vision of drones. They are the only long term improvement to a player's game. I am frustrated now because I am having difficulty upgrading my Drone, but for the player with a long term perspective, this is the place to invest spare Diamonds.

I am good with anything you come up with, so long as it is not dependent upon Glu "doing the right thing>"

I'm also seeing the game this way now... the 'forced detox' by GLU really helped. The arms race has clearly passed me by, so now it's playing for 'fun'. So, with my half upgraded base lv11 and my recently achieved drone lv51, that's the only thing that I'm working on upgrading at this time...
  • Options
    bajancat wrote: »
    I'm also seeing the game this way now... the 'forced detox' by GLU really helped. The arms race has clearly passed me by, so now it's playing for 'fun'. So, with my half upgraded base lv11 and my recently achieved drone lv51, that's the only thing that I'm working on upgrading at this time...

As you probably already noticed, getting your Drone to 51 K is a big deal. The 51 K weapons actually help a lot. The 64 K weapons are an even bigger improvement particularly the Healing Ray and Shield. I am currently struggling to get to 92 K and the next tier of weapons.
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    As you probably already noticed, getting your Drone to 51 K is a big deal. The 51 K weapons actually help a lot. The 64 K weapons are an even bigger improvement particularly the Healing Ray and Shield. I am currently struggling to get to 92 K and the next tier of weapons.

YES, the drone actually took out a couple of defenders... now to get the drone upgrade issue fixed. I'm convinced it has to do with the hand-off/integration with their add provider. It takes a long time to transition between the adds/splash screens and the game and I think that the game doesn't handle that transition gracefully... but then, what do I know... :)