Global 07/23/2015

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    With less than 18 hours to go in the IOS Global, here are the current standings:

#1 20095 Tonyzaper22
    #10 12647 RamsisIII
    #30 7671 DWI
    #33 7482 Bradr752

Only 15 players have made it to Gold League (8500 AP) so far.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    With less than 18 hours to go in the IOS Global, here are the current standings:

#1 20095 Tonyzaper22
    #10 12647 RamsisIII
    #30 7671 DWI
    #33 7482 Bradr752

Only 15 players have made it to Gold League (8500 AP) so far.

I sure wish that was the case on Android ... I estimate at least 100 players are headed to the GOLD LEAGUE, and that was with one full day remaining. Who knows what the final tally will be ... I am completely overwhelmed by all of this high scoring SMH.

Quick check leader is currently at 58,857 AP and RANK #30 checks in at 22,379 AP. I can't compete with these guys, nor would I try.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    Google ANDROID 07/23/2015 GLOBAL EVENT 13 HOURS REMAINING

the_leaders_20150723l.png

RANK #30 is just under 23,000 AP nearly 3x the GOLD LEAGUE qualification. Quick extrapolate downward conservatively 1/2 RANK #60 12,000 AP ... 1/4 RANK #120 6,000 AP ... and to think 5,000 AP earned 35 PARTS only 2 months ago.

We're not done yet !!!

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    With 9 hours left to go, IOS looks like:

#1 20418 80CU
    #2 20370 Tonyzaper22
    #10 14085 Clustered
    #30 8357 Takechanman
    #36 7832 Bradr752 Just playing freebies now.

I also just fired up my Kindle to look at Amazon platform standings:

#1 22521 Bit
    #10 7885 Tango1
    #30 4257 Yerrt
    #2973 15 Toobad Played 3 freebies just to see how deep the field is. As you can see not very deep.
    With 9 hours left to go, IOS looks like:

#1 20418 80CU
    #2 20370 Tonyzaper22
    #10 14085 Clustered
    #30 8357 Takechanman
    #36 7832 Bradr752 Just playing freebies now.

I also just fired up my Kindle to look at Amazon platform standings:

#1 22521 Bit
    #10 7885 Tango1
    #30 4257 Yerrt
    #2973 15 Toobad Played 3 freebies just to see how deep the field is. As you can see not very deep.

That is a small field but I notice the leader is at 22,521 impressive for Amazon no?
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    That is a small field but I notice the leader is at 22,521 impressive for Amazon no?

The #1 player has alway been roughly in line with IOS, but the numbers drop off sharply outside of the top 3 as you can see.
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL 6 HOURS REMAINING

RANK #1 63,757 AP SAM
    RANK #2 55,004 AP AKA
    RANK #3 53,887 AP MAGNUM44
    RANK #30 24,439 AP RAHUL2847
    RANK #517 3,232 AP SCORPION
    Four hours to go IOS results:
    #1 21318 Tonyzaper22
    #2 20643 80CU
    #10 14910 Clustered
    #30 8499 Ashygirl
    #36 8107 Bradr752
    Google ANDROID 07/23/2015 GLOBAL EVENT FINAL RESULTS

the_leaders_20150723m.png

the_leaders_20150723n.png

10 PARTS down ... 40 PARTS to go ... Longest WIN streak was 68.

... Complete DTK Campaigns, upgrade TIER 13 BASE, get in some target practice and if I can grab some parts along the way cool (definitely NOT a priority this week) ... I already own 12.5 incarnations of the SNIPER and TESLA which should take me well into the foreseeable future.

It's finally time to focus on the next generation SHORT RANGE WEAPONS, GLU permitting, and start competing again. Aside from the TESLA, it's hard to believe it's been 2 months since I last competed on a serious level; why not for a HEAVY ... this has yet to be realized however, but every other month appears to be the pattern.

The 11.5 MUDFLOW is still a very deadly weapon and has plenty of life left in it.

The 11.5 MEDUSA is getting long in the tooth and headed for the GLU FACTORY.

SPECIAL NOTE: 25,000 AP extends down to RANK #40-50, 20,000 AP to RANK #65-70, 15,000 AP to RANK #90 ... I calculate that 8,500 AP extends all the way down to RANK #120 (in the least).

It's finally time to focus on the next generation SHORT RANGE WEAPONS, GLU permitting, and start competing again. Aside from the TESLA, it's hard to believe it's been 2 months since I last competed on a serious level; why not for a HEAVY ... this has yet to be realized however, but every other month appears to be the pattern.

The 11.5 MUDFLOW is still a very deadly weapon and has plenty of life left in it.

I agree that the Mudflow still works great, though my Dominion at 600 K makes Long contests much easier. I don't know how you manage with the Medusa against the current generation of Tier 12 and 13 bases. One of the reasons I abandoned the Amazon platform was that the Medusa was not up to the task, and that was before Tier 13. I was faced with the choice of using massive quantities of Medkits or sticking to a tedious series of boring long contests. the game wasn't fun.

As we have long observed, Heavies are the one mandatory upgrade and I am preparing to go after one this weekend.
    I agree that the Mudflow still works great, though my Dominion at 600 K makes Long contests much easier. I don't know how you manage with the Medusa against the current generation of Tier 12 and 13 bases. One of the reasons I abandoned the Amazon platform was that the Medusa was not up to the task, and that was before Tier 13. I was faced with the choice of using massive quantities of Medkits or sticking to a tedious series of boring long contests. the game wasn't fun.

As we have long observed, Heavies are the one mandatory upgrade and I am preparing to go after one this weekend.

Managing with the MEDUSA was simple ... firstly, at best we fight maybe 1 out of 5 battles that are SHORTS, secondly never take a SHORT battle against anything other than a TIER 11 defense LOL on some rare instances, when the payout is right, I'll take on a TIER 12 with the expectation that there will be medkits burned and grenades tossed.

But this above all else, you would be surprised what you can do when you have no other choice and employ the most effective tactics. I am an expert on SHORT battles using under powered weapons ... I've been doing so from the beginning and have become quite adept at it.

**SMILES**
    Managing the MEDUSA was simple ... firstly, at best we fight maybe 1 out of 5 battles that are SHORTS, secondly never take a SHORT battle against anything other than a TIER 11 defense LOL on some rare instances, when the payout is right, I 'll take a TIER 12 with the expectation that there will be medkits burned.

Last weekend was one of the few times that I felt adequately armed. I was looking for maximum Diamonds, so I took any opponent with a 30 K Vault. My average take was just under 35K. I did 622 contests, with no losses and used only 22 Medkits in four days. (Glu did reboot me twice to kill my streaks.) I managed 11 M in upgrades including 2 Base upgrades, 1 Drone Level upgrade, 3 Tesla upgrades and 1 Sniper upgrade.

I would like to say I was playing well, but the answer really lies in the fact that I have 610 K Tesla and and Heavies.

But for the frustation of the once again broken Drone upgrade program, it would have been a great weekend.
    Last weekend was one of the few times that I felt adequately armed. I was looking for maximum Diamonds, so I took any opponent with a 30 K Vault. My average take was just under 35K. I did 622 contests, with no losses and used only 22 Medkits in four days. (Glu did reboot me twice to kill my streaks.) I managed 11 M in upgrades including 2 Base upgrades, 1 Drone Level upgrade, 3 Tesla upgrades and 1 Sniper upgrade.

I would like to say I was playing well, but the answer really lies in the fact that I have 610 K Tesla and and Heavies.

But for the frustation of the once again broken Drone upgrade program, it would have been a great weekend.

OH BTW did your drone problem go away when VIP concluded?
    OH BTW did your drone problem go away when VIP concluded?

No, it's still a problem, but it is intermittent. I can get an upgrade once in a while.
    BTW, Scorpion, did you see that Jackdaw parts are available in the Elite Mystery Box? The current tactic in Gold League is to get as many parts as you can during the League and then spin the Elite Mystery Box for the rest. This week's Gold League is the Lordship, a 12.5 Tesla, also in the Elite Mystery Box.

While there is probably no reason to buy spins for the Jackdaw, it is something to consider for next week's heavy.
    BTW, Scorpion, did you see that Jackdaw parts are available in the Elite Mystery Box? The current tactic in Gold League is to get as many parts as you can during the League and then spin the Elite Mystery Box for the rest. This week's Gold League is the Lordship, a 12.5 Tesla, also in the Elite Mystery Box.

While there is probably no reason to buy spins for the Jackdaw, it is something to consider for next week's heavy.

Definitely considering Android competition. I'll try to win them the old fashioned way first and see how many I can collect.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    Google ANDROID 07/23/2015 GLOBAL EVENT FINAL RESULTS

10 PARTS down ... 40 PARTS to go ... Longest WIN streak was 68.

... Complete DTK Campaigns, upgrade TIER 13 BASE, get in some target practice and if I can grab some parts along the way cool (definitely NOT a priority this week) ... I already own 12.5 incarnations of the SNIPER and TESLA which should take me well into the foreseeable future.

SPECIAL NOTE: 25,000 AP extends down to RANK #40-50, 20,000 AP to RANK #65-70, 15,000 AP to RANK #90 ... I calculate that 8,500 AP extends all the way down to RANK #120 (in the least).

FYI - about 4300 pts earned me a rank around 380. 15 parts down, crazy 1 to 3 days left to end up with 48 parts and be left bitterly disappointed again.... :)
    No, it's still a problem, but it is intermittent. I can get an upgrade once in a while.

FYI - I also have the drone upgrade issue... BUT, it started AFTER I was able to hit the 'glorious' 51K level! Getting the lv 10 drone parts actually does help. I noticed that they've added another 30 levels to the drone with a max no being 2.3MM... getting slightly ridiculous...

That said, the price increase seems less than it used to be on the march towards 64K... (if we'll be allowed to upgrade them any time soon...)
    bajancat wrote: »
    FYI - I also have the drone upgrade issue... BUT, it started AFTER I was able to hit the 'glorious' 51K level! Getting the lv 10 drone parts actually does help. I noticed that they've added another 30 levels to the drone with a max no being 2.3MM... getting slightly ridiculous...

That said, the price increase seems less than it used to be on the march towards 64K... (if we'll be allowed to upgrade them any time soon...)

Cost per XP has been reduced 20% last weekend. XP required per level appears moderate as well. Still not cheap, but cheaper.
    Cost per XP has been reduced 20% last weekend. XP required per level appears moderate as well. Still not cheap, but cheaper.

thanks - they likely readjusted when they added the new 30 levels...
    FYI - about 4300 pts earned me a rank around 380. 15 parts down, crazy 1 to 3 days left to end up with 48 parts and be left bitterly disappointed again.... :)

It is crazy, to say the least. I've been trying to get HANDLES to acknowledge there is a problem but that's turned out to be a waste of time. 4,300 AP got you to RANK #380, the problem is getting worse every week, to think 5,000 AP was more than enough to win 35 PARTS just 2 months ago, (spending little or no gold) *** SMH *** Spending GOLD is no longer an option since it won't buy you anything. The best we can hope for is 20 PARTS in the Global using free energy and then fight like hell in the SILVER LEAGUE or play Wheel of Fortune.

It's tough to craft a weapon in League Play starting with less than 20 PARTS. DAY #1 will be brutal but you'll need a 4th-6th place finish for 12 PARTS each day; it can be done but you cannot deviate from that since there's very little wriggle room.
    It is crazy, to say the least. I've been trying to get HANDLES to acknowledge there is a problem but that's turned out to be a waste of time. 4,300 AP got you to RANK #380, the problem is getting worse every week, to think 5,000 AP was more than enough to win 35 PARTS just 2 months ago, (spending little or no gold) *** SMH *** Spending GOLD is no longer an option since it won't buy you anything. The best we can hope for is 20 PARTS in the Global using free energy and then fight like hell in the SILVER LEAGUE or play Wheel of Fortune.

It's tough to craft a weapon in League Play starting with less than 20 PARTS. DAY #1 will be brutal but you'll need a 4th-6th place finish for 12 PARTS each day; it can be done but you cannot deviate from that since there's very little wriggle room.

I couldn't agree more! I have a really hard time believing that so many people are spending that much real money in these competitions.... but then, I'm looking at it from my personal priorities/values...

What still has me confused is why people are competing this hard for a Sniper. The top 10 players spent several hundred $ to win a weapon with the same specs that could be purchased for 480 Gold. ($20 real money). This is after all a totally useless PVP weapon. The only Sniper you need is one with a sufficient power rating to allow you to complete the next Campaign.

It seems to me that the appropriate strategy for the Android player on a limited budget is to buy the weapons at the Store when they go on sale and then use PVP to generate upgrade Diamonds.

Right now the Angel, a 12.0 Tesla, and the Valkyrie, a 12.0 Heavy, are listed on IOS for 1380 Gold each ($50 real money for each). That is their full price, not a sale price. This is much cheaper than attempting to win them.

Obviously, this is not a free strategy, but it allows the gamer on a budget to play the game for $100 per month, maybe less if you shop the sales and refresh your Tesla every two months as you have suggested.

I have been buying a Sniper and a Assault for $480 Gold ($20 real money) each month, which frees me from the stress of 4 Globals each month. And I am getting the top 10 weapon, not the top 30 weapon which I could win if I worked hard and invested $150 to $200 to compete in each of those 2 Globals. (Thoes are IOS costs, Android would be much higher) It makes no sense to pay more that $20 to win a Sniper.

Why get fixated on "winning" the weapons when you can buy them much more cheaply?
    What still has me confused is why people are competing this hard for a Sniper. The top 10 players spent several hundred $ to win a weapon with the same specs that could be purchased for 480 Gold. ($20 real money). This is after all a totally useless PVP weapon. The only Sniper you need is one with a sufficient power rating to allow you to complete the next Campaign.

It seems to me that the appropriate strategy for the Android player on a limited budget is to buy the weapons at the Store when they go on sale and then use PVP to generate upgrade Diamonds.

Right now the Angel, a 12.0 Tesla, and the Valkyrie, a 12.0 Heavy, are listed on IOS for 1380 Gold each ($50 real money for each). That is their full price, not a sale price. This is much cheaper than attempting to win them.

Obviously, this is not a free strategy, but it allows the gamer on a budget to play the game for $100 per month, maybe less if you shop the sales and refresh your Tesla every two months as you have suggested.

I have been buying a Sniper and a Assault for $480 Gold ($20 real money) each month, which frees me from the stress of 4 Globals each month. And I am getting the top 10 weapon, not the top 30 weapon which I could win if I worked hard and invested $150 to $200 to compete in each of those 2 Globals. (Thoes are IOS costs, Android would be much higher) It makes no sense to pay more that $20 to win a Sniper.

Why get fixated on "winning" the weapons when you can buy them much more cheaply?

I don't understand it either (we were speaking in generalities, I hope). I wouldn't spend real money on a SNIPER either, or GOLD for that matter. In game CASH or a VIP Event at the right time is more than sufficient to pick up a SNIPER that will take you through the campaigns.

But if you can win one for FREE why not? A perfect example of this is this week's SILVER LEAGUE. The scoring is down and the competition is dead (probably because all of the lunatics are in the GOLD LEAGUE). But if you wanted to grab a quick SNIPER for free this would be the time and place to do it.

Now it's been pretty obvious to me that the TOP PLAYERS are NOT competing for weapons ... what they're competing for is pure speculation, I believe there's some friendly wagering going on ... at least that's the only thing that makes sense to a gambler like myself.

You know, Android has mutated into a Rich vs Poor platform. Either you have tons of cash to throw away to score these ridiculous AP totals OR you cannot spend anything because there's nothing to spend it on ... you just take whatever free parts you can get and call it a day.

It has really taken the zip out of competing because there's no realistic prize to shoot for ... TOP 10 is off limits, TOP 30 the same ... 35 PARTS is impossible without landing you in the GOLD League ... and so on and so on.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I do know that without an adequate prize structure in place then competing becomes meaningless and eventually boring. If it weren't for the drone program, I'm not entirely sure I would still be playing. The HEAVY GLOBAL will be the acid test.
    Google ANDROID 07/27/2015 SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #1 RESULTS

league_event_20150727.png

Scoring tailed off sharply for the SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #1.

(1) It's a SNIPER RIFLE.

(2) Most, if not all, of the TOP competitors are in the GOLD LEAGUE following this past Global Event's scoring prowess demonstration.

For those that managed to collect PARTS and needed a SNIPER to complete the campaigns for the next couple of regions, this was your best chance to get a free weapon.

Posted FYI for anybody that might be interested.

Thanks - it was very similar in my pool yesterday. 1-3 were over 140 pts, but I came in #4 with 114...

27 parts down.... :)
    Thanks - it was very similar in my pool yesterday. 1-3 were over 140 pts, but I came in #4 with 114...

27 parts down.... :)

GREAT ... all you need now to put this puppy to bed is a WIN (should be easy enough given the current scoring trend) and mop up on DAY #3 OR you can cruise the next 2 days for a 4-6 finish. I say get most of it over as fast as possible. **SMILES**
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    I took the easy way out and won my bronze with 144. 20 parts down. Another win and a top 3 finish. Piece of cake.
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    I took the easy way out and won my bronze with 144. 20 parts down. Another win and a top 3 finish. Piece of cake.

Hey Man whatever works ... these days there are no easy way outs *** SMILES ***
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    Hey Man whatever works ... these days there are no easy way outs *** SMILES ***

I'm kidding. It was a fight to the finish and I had to stay up till the very end to guarantee victory.