Options

Purchased gold undelivered - no follow up from customer care

bufusbufus Registered Users 21 Posts
Contradicting my initial mindset, and in a moment of utter boredom, I decided to purchase a gold pack. Nothing too expensive, fortunately.
Unlike other games and applications, the gold was not made available immediately after the purchase, which left me suspicious.
I proceeded to check my Google payments (yes, I'm playing on Android), and the transaction was already completed. Furthermore, I then found out it was a subscription product, and not a one time operation. I grew even more suspicious, since there was no kind of information about it being a subscription anywhere in the game.
After restarting the game and my device a couple of times, and seeing no hint of gold apart from the one I had initially, I decided to submit the question to the so called "Customer Care".
Said "Customer Care" limited its communication to an automated reply, and now, nearly 18 hours after my original questioning, there is still no follow up from them. I have now submitted another support ticket, received another automated response, and have no hope of being granted a human reply.
I noticed Glu's "no refund" policy, of course, but does it apply even when the bought item hasn't been received?
And in such a situation, would it be legitimate to resort to Google's support to obtain a refund?

Just a random post, still due to boredom, since Glu refused to keep me entertained by delivering me the gold I purchased.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bufus wrote: »
    Contradicting my initial mindset, and in a moment of utter boredom, I decided to purchase a gold pack. Nothing too expensive, fortunately.
    Unlike other games and applications, the gold was not made available immediately after the purchase, which left me suspicious.
    I proceeded to check my Google payments (yes, I'm playing on Android), and the transaction was already completed. Furthermore, I then found out it was a subscription product, and not a one time operation. I grew even more suspicious, since there was no kind of information about it being a subscription anywhere in the game.
    After restarting the game and my device a couple of times, and seeing no hint of gold apart from the one I had initially, I decided to submit the question to the so called "Customer Care".
    Said "Customer Care" limited its communication to an automated reply, and now, nearly 18 hours after my original questioning, there is still no follow up from them. I have now submitted another support ticket, received another automated response, and have no hope of being granted a human reply.
    I noticed Glu's "no refund" policy, of course, but does it apply even when the bought item hasn't been received?
    And in such a situation, would it be legitimate to resort to Google's support to obtain a refund?

Just a random post, still due to boredom, since Glu refused to keep me entertained by delivering me the gold I purchased.

Alright ... the problem started when you mistakenly purchased the SUBSCRIPTION because it offered more GOLD. As far as I know the subscriptions DO NOT work. GLU will charge your card but never deliver the GOLD. Best to purchase when you need it.

You will NOT get any satisfaction from customer care. The purchase is most likely in a pending state. When the purchase is final, dispute the charge with the credit card company. This is the only action you need to take, it will be reversed immediately.

Also, are you using Google Wallet? How are your payments processed?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    I suppose Google Wallet is being used, although I haven't installed such application. I merely agree to the payment, and it instantly shows up on "payments.google.com". The Google payment is done through my PayPal account, though.
    Funny thing is everyone has some kind of strict refund policy. Glu specifically states that it does not refund, in any circumstance (even if it does not mention "undelivered items"), and Google states that they do not refund in-app purchases, so my last resort would be PayPal.

Fortunately, Google is flexible enough to debate with, and rational enough to understand when the proper arguments are presented.
    I'm now considering submitting a report to Playstore. It looks abusive to accept payments for unavailable services, and ignoring customers afterwards, hoping no money leaves their account.

By the way, how is the customer supposed to know which product/pack "works", and which is a subscription?
  • Options
    TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
    In the last week, i purchased gold twice, i received the gold, but my first move caused the game to go into "spinning eyes" freeze mode. After 5 & 10 min+ waits, I reboot game & gold disappears. Customer servi e sent one
  • Options
    TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
    To continue, Customer care sent one auto reply, then another, then nothing. Cancelled thru my.bank.
  • Options
    I suppose Google Wallet is being used, although I haven't installed such application. I merely agree to the payment, and it instantly shows up on "payments.google.com". The Google payment is done through my PayPal account, though.
    Funny thing is everyone has some kind of strict refund policy. Glu specifically states that it does not refund, in any circumstance (even if it does not mention "undelivered items"), and Google states that they do not refund in-app purchases, so my last resort would be PayPal.

Fortunately, Google is flexible enough to debate with, and rational enough to understand when the proper arguments are presented.
    I'm now considering submitting a report to Playstore. It looks abusive to accept payments for unavailable services, and ignoring customers afterwards, hoping no money leaves their account.

By the way, how is the customer supposed to know which product/pack "works", and which is a subscription?

I believe that even PayPal requires your account to be linked to a credit/debit card. If it's a debit card (checking account) you may be screwed. Hopefully it's a credit card and THAT is where you dispute the charge; you're not looking for a refund, that won't work (i.e. ALL SALES ARE FINAL, or so GLU says). Your only recourse is to dispute the charge entirely; you will win the dispute in short order since GLU has a known reputation for not delivering on purchased items.
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    I thought you could dispute with Paypal, similar to credit cards, but that's just what I thought I heard. I would be going nuts on them for this. File a complaint with the BBB, even though they aren't registered with them, they still document and will contact the company on your behalf. Some of the reviews on there stated they eventually got their Gold, at least one even reported they got a refund!

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/glu-mobile-in-san-francisco-ca-325668/complaints
  • Options
    I eventually got my refund through Google, which proves something. In fact, I would advise everyone to request a refund through Google, even if only to start a riot, and, ultimately, kick Glu off Playstore.
    Truth be told, I actually like the game, but developer's actions stink of scam. I wonder how many people got ripped off their money and kept quiet.
    My next move is to report this game, and the developer, as fraudulent.
    And still no word from Glu.
  • Options
    CRAFTY You might be right about PayPal, I don't use PayPal, so that was a guess.

Google is pretty good about such things, but if you ever have a problem there, go to your credit card issuer. I'm glad you got your money back ... KUDOS
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I eventually got my refund through Google, which proves something. In fact, I would advise everyone to request a refund through Google, even if only to start a riot, and, ultimately, kick Glu off Playstore.
    Truth be told, I actually like the game, but developer's actions stink of scam. I wonder how many people got ripped off their money and kept quiet.
    My next move is to report this game, and the developer, as fraudulent.
    And still no word from Glu.

Welcome to the wonderful world of GLU. A lesson well learned.
  • Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of GLU. A lesson well learned.

Even better than one might think. After all this hassle, I went through the trouble of paying attention (doesn't come easy to me) to their prices, and comparing them with weapon prices, and promo weapon prices.
    At first, their "dragon" thingy promo looks good, but reveals itself as a turndown when you look at weapon promos. And then I realized the amount of money I was willing to input wasn't enough to get a full package to keep me entertained for more than a couple of hours; I'd get stuck on weapon requirements just after a little while.
    Could be a good business plan, if it was backed up properly. Ignoring customers was an unknown tactic to me.
    Either way, I learned something, and lost no money, thanks for everyone's words, I'm a richer man now (oddly) xD