Global 07/23/2015

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    I'm kidding. It was a fight to the finish and I had to stay up till the very end to guarantee victory.

I know you were kidding ... I'm playing the same game you are, I think **SMILES** sometimes I wonder based on others comments.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    OK So BRADR752 and I are engaged in a project to break down this game to it's core. First we need to define some basic parameters and this is where you all can assist. You do not need to answer the following (it's personal and it regards money) but if you choose to answer, please be accurate.

One of the first parameters I'd like to define is how much (on average) players spend on the game on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. All I need are ranges and I will refine these baselines based on your input. I need you to characterize yourself as follows:

LOW SPENDER: $0 - $50 per month
    MODERATE SPENDER: $50 - $250 per month
    HEAVY SPENDER: $250-$500 per month
    HIGH ROLLER: Greater than $500 per month

That's it for now. I appreciate your input.

Good Hunting !!!
  • R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    OK So BRADR752 and I are engaged in a project to break down this game to it's core. First we need to define some basic parameters and this is where you all can assist. You do not need to answer the following (it's personal and it regards money) but if you choose to answer, please be accurate.

One of the first parameters I'd like to define is how much (on average) players spend on the game on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. All I need are ranges and I will refine these baselines based on your input. I need you to characterize yourself as follows:

LOW SPENDER: $0 - $50 per month
    MODERATE SPENDER: $50 - $250 per month
    HEAVY SPENDER: $250-$500 per month
    HIGH ROLLER: Greater than $500 per month

That's it for now. I appreciate your input.

Good Hunting !!!

I'm on moderate, 100 per month, sometimes it last a little more.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I am a reformed High Roller, now a heavy spender. (But then, you knew that already.) I believe that the Top 10 players on the All Time Leaderboard, except me, are High Rollers, with budgets of $1000 to $2000 per month.
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I am a reformed High Roller, now a heavy spender. (But then, you knew that already.) I believe that the Top 10 players on the All Time Leaderboard, except me, are High Rollers, with budgets of $1000 to $2000 per month.

I'm both shocked and jealous that people that play this game even have that kind of bankroll to be paying $1k (let's keep this in game format talk) a month! I can certainly find better things to do with that kind of dough, but to each his own.

If I add up all the money I've spent on this game and divided it by the number of months I've been playing, I'd say I'm in the Low Spender range for sure. When I first started getting into it and thought the game was fun, I threw down $100 plus in one week, but then I started having the bugs and problems and eventually quit the game. Time went by and I'd forgotten about it and fired it back up. Since then, I might throw in $10 or maybe even $20, but rarely go above $50 in one month. At least that's how I feel. If I actually tracked it, I might go a little over that.
    I suppose I should have started with myself ... my bad. Due to circumstances on Google Android of late, I would characterize my self as a MODERATE SPENDER on the high end of the range around $200 per month. After the HEAVY (which I hope takes place) I may need to revise this.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    I suppose I should have started with myself ... my bad. Due to circumstances on Google Android of late, I would characterize my self as a MODERATE SPENDER on the high end of the range around $200 per month. After the HEAVY (which I hope takes place) I may need to revise this.

Just to be different, I'm "LOW"... total spent to date = $0

(I've managed to get the full set of 11.5 weapons without spending any real cash)
    bajancat wrote: »

(I've managed to get the full set of 11.5 weapons without spending any real cash)

Speaking of, I think we should be taking note of how much we spend the most important part of our lives on this game: time. We all know there's two ways to be successful. You either spend a lot of money or you spend a lot of time. And of course the balancing act in between those two.
    Speaking of, I think we should be taking note of how much we spend the most important part of our lives on this game: time. We all know there's two ways to be successful. You either spend a lot of money or you spend a lot of time. And of course the balancing act in between those two.

Absolutely and one of the purposes of this, and subsequent questions, is to get us to think about how we are playing the game ... actually the next question will be addressing how long (how many hours) we play each month. There is a method to my madness.

As long as $0 means no grenades, no medkits, no gold, no nothing then you're covered. FREE GOLD is not to be considered in this survey because we didn't actually buy it...cool.
    QUICK UPDATE REGARDING SILVER LEAGUE

RANK #1: 114 AP
    RANK #2: 112 AP

DAY #2 is shaping up to be even easier than DAY #1. Remarkable turnaround from Global scoring frenzy.

5 HOURS REMAINING
  • skywaveskywave Registered Users 59 Posts
    i'm on LOW spender, till TIER 10 ( almost TIER 11 ) not spend any $ at all ;), i get dominion last part with spin wheel, but i use my gold from free video, only use 2 times ( 60 gold ) and i get my last 5 parts, if u have only 5 or 3 pat remaining, it's very easy to get by spin wheel.
    skywave wrote: »
    i'm on LOW spender, till TIER 10 ( almost TIER 11 ) not spend any $ at all ;), i get dominion last part with spin wheel, but i use my gold from free video, only use 2 times ( 60 gold ) and i get my last 5 parts, if u have only 5 or 3 pat remaining, it's very easy to get by spin wheel.

Good to know ... thanks !!!
    OK si here's survey question #2. Originally, I was going to ask players to try to quantify the amount of time they play the game per day/week/month. This net was way ti wide and general to be of any meaningful use, since it was to subjective in nature.

So we're going to tackle this baseline definition from a slightly different angle using average AP scoring totals. Using AP totals along with GOLD expended, we can get a pretty accurate picture of how much time is actually spent playing the game.

For example, if someone scores 1,000 AP using free energy only that is an average baseline of 12 hours devoted to the game, even if they're idle 1/2-2/3 of the time. if you play 3 FREE ENERGY BATTLES + 3 GOLD BATTLES it will require an average baseline of 8 hours to reach 1,000 AP. I may make adjustments afterwards, but this is a good starting point.

How would you describe your AP scoring during a 24 hour period in the Global Event:

LOW: 0-500 AP
    LOW-MODERATE: 501-1,000 AP
    MODERATE: 1,001-1,500 AP
    HIGH: 1,501-2,000 AP
    HEAVY WEIGHT: 2,001-3,000
    OFF THE CHARTS: Greater than 3,000 AP

Remember this is over a 24 hour period in the Global, when you're seriously competing. Casual diamond chases OR passing the time should NOT be included here.

It should noted that these are not absolute numbers and are "flexible", so to speak.
  • voicesvoices Registered Users 1 Posts
    e obvious take-away: This is the FINAL Global Event for CKS ... ENJOY !!!
    The probable take-away: GLU will milk it dry before retirement ... ENJOY !!!"

What does this mean please?
    QUICK UPDATE REGARDING SILVER LEAGUE

RANK #1: 114 AP
    RANK #2: 112 AP

DAY #2 is shaping up to be even easier than DAY #1. Remarkable turnaround from Global scoring frenzy.

5 HOURS REMAINING

In my pool, winner was over 220 AP
    2&3 were 160+
    #6 (me) was at 122
    #7 112 AP

39 parts down... :)
    OK si here's survey question #2. Originally, I was going to ask players to try to quantify the amount of time they play the game per day/week/month. This net was way ti wide and general to be of any meaningful use, since it was to subjective in nature.

So we're going to tackle this baseline definition from a slightly different angle using average AP scoring totals. Using AP totals along with GOLD expended, we can get a pretty accurate picture of how much time is actually spent playing the game.

For example, if someone scores 1,000 AP using free energy only that is an average baseline of 12 hours devoted to the game, even if they're idle 1/2-2/3 of the time. if you play 3 FREE ENERGY BATTLES + 3 GOLD BATTLES it will require an average baseline of 8 hours to reach 1,000 AP. I may make adjustments afterwards, but this is a good starting point.

How would you describe your AP scoring during a 24 hour period in the Global Event:

LOW: 0-500 AP
    LOW-MODERATE: 501-1,000 AP
    MODERATE: 1,001-1,500 AP
    HIGH: 1,501-2,000 AP
    HEAVY WEIGHT: 2,001-3,000
    OFF THE CHARTS: Greater than 3,000 AP

Remember this is over a 24 hour period in the Global, when you're seriously competing. Casual diamond chases OR passing the time should NOT be included here.

It should noted that these are not absolute numbers and are "flexible", so to speak.

Personally, using this scale, I'm MODERATE.

I only use free energy and ration my free gold.

AP Summary:
    Global: 4000-4500 over 4 days (I've only missed Silver league twice. Once on purpose to 'experience' Bronze, another due to GLU's 'issues' with the event
    League: 100-130 per day
    Total since December: 19961 VP's
    voices wrote: »
    e obvious take-away: This is the FINAL Global Event for CKS ... ENJOY !!!
    The probable take-away: GLU will milk it dry before retirement ... ENJOY !!!"

What does this mean please?

LOL sounds like me ... where did you see this? I probably posted it during a frustrating moment. What it means is that CKS has less days if front of it than behind it and that GLU will retire this game soon after the well runs dry ... this doesn't appear to be the case however ... *** SMILES ***
    Personally, using this scale, I'm MODERATE.

I only use free energy and ration my free gold.

AP Summary:
    Global: 4000-4500 over 4 days (I've only missed Silver league twice. Once on purpose to 'experience' Bronze, another due to GLU's 'issues' with the event
    League: 100-130 per day
    Total since December: 19961 VP's

We thank you Sir !!!
    We thank you Sir !!!

....I think I spend too much time on this game... :D
    Google ANDROID 07/28/2015 SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #2 RESULTS

league_event_20150728.png

For Those of Us Gathering Remaining Parts for a Weapon .....

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    ....I think I spend too much time on this game... :D

TIME is a relative thing and as long as you're enjoying yourself without sacrificing things like sleep, food, paying the bills, repairing the car, making love to your significant other ... it's all good. Striking a balance between time for the game and everything else gets tricky at times.

For me, I only compete when possible and there's something I NEED. My preference is to play in spurts as opposed to a constant plodding pace over a long period of time but that requires GOLD. I find that $40 worth (1,000 BARS) per Global Event gives me the balance I need.

Find your balance ...
    Depends on the day. For Global, on Thursday I'm LOW-MODERATE, but Friday through Sunday, I'm LOW. Friday might be approaching LOW-MODERATE, but I rarely play at all on Saturday and Sunday.

My Bronze died down last night too, and lucky for me! I missed a few playing times and fell behind. Leader stopped at 100 and I did what I needed to get up to 102 before I couldn't keep my eyes open. I set an alarm to get up and see if anyone overtook me, but must have been too tired and just turned it off. When I got up this morning I was awarded 1st place with just 102. Got lucky this time, as I've never seen 102 take a bronze league. I did get in rather later in the day than usual, so may have been that we had less time to play it.
    Depends on the day. For Global, on Thursday I'm LOW-MODERATE, but Friday through Sunday, I'm LOW. Friday might be approaching LOW-MODERATE, but I rarely play at all on Saturday and Sunday.

My Bronze died down last night too, and lucky for me! I missed a few playing times and fell behind. Leader stopped at 100 and I did what I needed to get up to 102 before I couldn't keep my eyes open. I set an alarm to get up and see if anyone overtook me, but must have been too tired and just turned it off. When I got up this morning I was awarded 1st place with just 102. Got lucky this time, as I've never seen 102 take a bronze league. I did get in rather later in the day than usual, so may have been that we had less time to play it.

I know for you CRAFTY, weekends are toughest and unfortunately that's exactly when Global competition starts to heat up, As long as your winning and having fun in the Bronze League, it's fine though.

Keep in mind that the equivalent of 25 victories per Global Event Day is all that's needed to reach 2,500 AP and qualify for the Silver League ... easier said than done when you don't have the time. When I push it, I can reach that total in a single day, but you know what that requires. **SMILES**
    I know for you CRAFTY, weekends are toughest and unfortunately that's exactly when Global competition starts to heat up, As long as your winning and having fun in the Bronze League, it's fine though.

Keep in mind that the equivalent of 25 victories per Global Event Day is all that's needed to reach 2,500 AP and qualify for the Silver League ... easier said than done when you don't have the time. When I push it, I can reach that total in a single day, but you know what that requires. **SMILES**

Yeah. I know what it would require to get that in one day. The same as it requires me to get over 100 in league days, but after 3 days of the madness, I'm not looking to do it again on a 4 day event in one day. I went Silver once, but then missed playing in the actual league days for travel reasons. If I happen to make it to Silver, so be it, but otherwise, I'm not definitely not going for the 2500 just to get into Silver when that won't get me any parts to start me off. For me to get to Silver and still need all 50 parts doesn't seem like the smartest route, but I'm not a genius like some other players.
    Yeah. I know what it would require to get that in one day. The same as it requires me to get over 100 in league days, but after 3 days of the madness, I'm not looking to do it again on a 4 day event in one day. I went Silver once, but then missed playing in the actual league days for travel reasons. If I happen to make it to Silver, so be it, but otherwise, I'm not definitely not going for the 2500 just to get into Silver when that won't get me any parts to start me off. For me to get to Silver and still need all 50 parts doesn't seem like the smartest route, but I'm not a genius like some other players.

Your absolutely right ... the best you could get would be maybe 10 PARTS. 2,500 AP alone won't cut it. I thought maybe you could squeeze out another 1,000 AP over the weekend, but if you're that strapped for time then BRONZE is your only option.
    Your absolutely right ... the best you could get would be maybe 10 PARTS. 2,500 AP alone won'y cut it. I thought maybe you could squeeze out another 1,000 AP over the weekend, but if you're that strapped for time then BRONZE is your only option.

Last time I made Silver, I only got 5 parts I think with a score somewhere around 2600-2700. Can't really recall. I'm just simply not motivated enough to spend that much time and effort into this game to play it out over 4 days when I've got much better things to do on the weekends. :)
    Last time I made Silver, I only got 5 parts I think with a score somewhere around 2600-2700. Can't really recall. I'm just simply not motivated enough to spend that much time and effort into this game to play it out over 4 days when I've got much better things to do on the weekends. :)

I hear you loud and clear ... so you're really just passing free time I suppose. Nothing wrong with that if you're having fun.
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    I think I have found a solution for people that just don't have the time to play.. I'm currently in 4th place with 12 ap and 15 minutes left on the clock..
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    unhappy wrote: »
    I think I have found a solution for people that just don't have the time to play.. I'm currently in 4th place with 12 ap and 15 minutes left on the clock..

KhTzpnX.png

dVq9aug.png