Free Equipment for watching videos

bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
I've been playing GLU games for a while and have noticed that, on a 24-hour cycle, players are offered videos for free equipment. This game is difficult to navigate with the constantly changing landscape, so I'm posting this with the goal of helping fellow players succeed.

Here are the free awards for watching videos that I've experienced on Droid:

PvP Battles:
1 medkit
1 energy
2 knives (1 gives 1 GOLD bar too)
1 rocket
1 grenade for failing in a short mission
1 rocket for failing in a long mission

Missions:
2 knives
1 rocket
1 medkit for failing a mission (timeouts also count as a fail)

So, if the video/award system works properly, I find that maximizing on these awards and saving the equipment is a key factor to succeeding in the events.

Has anyone experienced anything different?

Comments

• Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    bajancat wrote: »
    I've been playing GLU games for a while and have noticed that, on a 24-hour cycle, players are offered videos for free equipment. This game is difficult to navigate with the constantly changing landscape, so I'm posting this with the goal of helping fellow players succeed.

Here are the free awards for watching videos that I've experienced on Droid:

PvP Battles:
    1 medkit
    1 energy
    2 knives (1 gives 1 GOLD bar too)
    1 rocket
    1 grenade for failing in a short mission
    1 rocket for failing in a long mission

Missions:
    2 knives
    1 rocket
    1 medkit for failing a mission (timeouts also count as a fail)

So, if the video/award system works properly, I find that maximizing on these awards and saving the equipment is a key factor to succeeding in the events.

Has anyone experienced anything different?

I watch the videos, but getting the equipment is a fairy tale.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    I watch the videos, but getting the equipment is a fairy tale.

I almost didn't post due to all of the issues with the videos and receiving the awards. I also have a lot of issues with 'no videos available' or crashes after the video preventing awards. I've found that early in the day (EST) or late gives me the most success...

EDIT: @Crafty042, I have also noticed that (sometimes) after watching a video, the game restarts/crashes and I don't get a 'claim' page. BUT, when I look at the equipment (be it energy or knives etc) I see that it was, actually, awarded. A painful and broken process, but at least the equipment made it into my account...
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    bajancat wrote: »
    I almost didn't post due to all of the issues with the videos and receiving the awards. I also have a lot of issues with 'no videos available' or crashes after the video preventing awards. I've found that early in the day (EST) or late gives me the most success...

EDIT: @Crafty042, I have also noticed that (sometimes) after watching a video, the game restarts/crashes and I don't get a 'claim' page. BUT, when I look at the equipment (be it energy or knives etc) I see that it was, actually, awarded. A painful and broken process, but at least the equipment made it into my account...

That's a good point, as I usually don't keep tabs on how many pieces of each equipment I have, but my biggest gripe is on double money and energy videos, which I do not seem to ever get. Those two are more important to me than the equipment. Sometimes, I will get the pop up that I received my free energy or double rewards after a restart, and other times I'll get hours later after watching different video for something else.

However, I was just testing the double rewards malfunction and received the first one after a restart of the game, and the second one right away. The third try took a restart and some time, but eventually showed up. So for now, I'm happy to be at least getting those.