7/27/15 - Dropped from Silver League to Bronze League?! Handles - HALP?

BreakYBreakY Registered Users 13 Posts
So I just got awarded Jackdaw parts for the first round of Silver League. Looking forward to getting this gun since it looks really cool. Then when I was about to start the second round, I noticed that the prizes were XP Vials... I've been placed into Bronze League?! What?!

What gives? Is there any way to get this fixed? Handles?

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    This is a new twist that I've never seen before. I've experienced changing brackets or groups but never leagues? I'd also drop HANDLES a private message.

What was your AP total in the Global Event?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    BreakY wrote: »
    So I just got awarded Jackdaw parts for the first round of Silver League. Looking forward to getting this gun since it looks really cool. Then when I was about to start the second round, I noticed that the prizes were XP Vials... I've been placed into Bronze League?! What?!

What gives? Is there any way to get this fixed? Handles?

I'm sorry to say this but there isn't anything GLU can do about your situation. You will not be able to complete your weapons because of the glitch via tournament. You can complete your weapon by spinning the wheels in the store. Good luck and I'm sorry about your circumstance.
  • BreakYBreakY Registered Users 13 Posts
    So I did what I usually do and played my best in Bronze League, received the 50 Gold reward and let the timer run out.

I'm still in Bronze League. -_-

Angels Holocaust, I did what you said and just went and roulette'd the rest of the parts. Cost me 1510 Gold in order to complete the weapon. Yeesh. I normally give up at this point but I had been looking forward to getting a sniper that looks like a .50 cal ever since Raven came out. I sort of feel regret for spending that much for a SNIPER rifle, and a 2nd tier one when the Tier 1 rifle would go on sale for 240 gold in a couple of weeks. -_____-

I've already reported this to Customer Care, and they'll probably credit some Gold, but wow, this really destroys my confidence in this game. I've been a long time follower and fan of Glu since the original Gun Bros and have stuck through and spent a lot of money on their releases. It's this kind of weird bug where you have absolutely no control that really shakes your confidence in the game.

amsoft2000 - I don't remember my AP Count, but it was over 5000. I made it within the top 250 bracket, so I earned 20 parts during the Global Event.

I guess I'll go and drop Handles a PM now. Man, what a bummer.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    So I did what I usually do and played my best in Bronze League, received the 50 Gold reward and let the timer run out.

Angels Holocaust, I did what you said and just went and roulette'd the rest of the parts. Cost me 1510 Gold in order to complete the weapon. Yeesh. I normally give up at this point but I had been looking forward to getting a sniper that looks like a .50 cal ever since Raven came out. I sort of feel regret for spending that much for a SNIPER rifle, and a 2nd tier one when the Tier 1 rifle would go on sale for 240 gold in a couple of weeks. -_____-

I've already reported this to Customer Care, and they'll probably credit some Gold, but wow, this really destroys my confidence in this game. I've been a long time follower and fan of Glu since the original Gun Bros and have stuck through and spent a lot of money on their releases. It's this kind of weird bug where you have absolutely no control that really shakes your confidence in the game.

amsoft2000 - I don't remember my AP Count, but it was over 5000. I made it within the top 250 bracket, so I earned 20 parts during the Global Event.

That's a lot of gold! How many parts did you need to complete your weapon?
    That's a lot of gold! How many parts did you need to complete your weapon?

I needed 20. I got within the Top 10 for the Silver League, so I got 10 parts there. Needed to land 4 spins on the Jackdaw, but while I did that, it cost me 1510 Gold. That's frickin' ridiculous!
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    I needed 20. I got within the Top 10 for the Silver League, so I got 10 parts there. Needed to land 4 spins on the Jackdaw, but while I did that, it cost me 1510 Gold. That's frickin' ridiculous!

Agreed, and for a primary, I don't think I would have even went for it with spins. I know that would have frustrated me to no end, being knocked from one league to another and not having the ability to finish the gun, but using up 1500 in gold wouldn't have eased my frustration, especially when you can't really count on Glu every owning up to any mistakes.
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    Agreed, and for a primary, I don't think I would have even went for it with spins. I know that would have frustrated me to no end, being knocked from one league to another and not having the ability to finish the gun, but using up 1500 in gold wouldn't have eased my frustration, especially when you can't really count on Glu every owning up to any mistakes.

I know I've had situations like this happen to me with every Glu game, and that usually is about the time I end up slowly withdrawing from the game and eventually quitting altogether.

I honestly thought that I would spend about 400 gold max because the spins have previously been skill based for me. Once, I landed a brand new weapon (before parts) with only 40 gold. Now, it seems more random than skill, so I feel like I got taken in. I mean, all I needed was 4 spins. How hard could that be? It turns out, REALLY HARD. I ended up spinning 40+ times compared to 4, which means my success rate was less than 10%. I got a bunch of med packs, grenades, LAW rockets, and Gold to offset the cost.

Next time, I'm not going to bother with the spins. I'll just let it lie.
    No reply from Customer Care or Handles. :(

I am working on a new strategy (along with BRADR752) that will eliminate the need to compete for weapons parts altogether and will publish the final proposal when it's completed.

You are a prime candidate for this new strategy since you wasted 1,500 GOLD playing Wheel of Fortune. I am a gambler at heart; roulette returns 50/50 at best ... terrible odds for a game of this nature. In short, spinning for weapons parts is a bad idea; I guess you know that now ... you never did post how many parts you actually needed ...
    ... spinning might be OK for 5 (maybe 10) parts but beyond that ....

Stay Tuned ...
    I actually answered your question in post #6 - I needed 20 parts so that makes 4 times I needed to hit the weapon.

Sounds pretty exciting though! Will stay tuned!
    I actually answered your question in post #6 - I needed 20 parts so that makes 4 times I needed to hit the weapon.

Sounds pretty exciting though! Will stay tuned!

OK so you needed to spin (rather WIN) 4 times and each spin gives you roughly a 1 in 15 chance to get 5 parts ... I don't think you need to be a hardcore gambler to realize that will never work ... sorry for your loss ... Roulette requires you to determine how much you'll need to spend to have a 50/50 chance at winning, in this case roughly 1,200 GOLD (you exceeded that and were "unlucky") but as I stated previously, at best those are horrible odds for a game of this nature.

The new strategy deals more with money management than with winning a weapon via PvP ... the benefit being that you will receive weapon(s) that are at least 2 steps above the prevailing rating. I'm almost done with the number crunching and it's looking great.
    Great news! Customer Care contacted me and refunded me the entire amount of gold spent on the spins!

My faith in Glu Customer Care has been restored.