Handles; Bronze league - How do we change from Drone Vials to Gun Parts?

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
I got carried away with playing out regions, finished the 6th region and when starting the 7th (Brazil), had to get new weapons. This move with a half filled Tier 6 was a huge mistake! I was making Silver League in Global Event for the previous weeks, and then, my PVP win streaks stopped instantly!

I'm lucky if I can get a 2 win streak before being matched up with double to quadruple or more my base power!

So, for about the 5th straight week, I'm in the Bronze League and still no weapons awarded. I have heard from guys in my clan, that also only got the Bronze Milestone, that they have parts in their league.

Handles, PLEASE! When will the play for parts open up for me? Are there minimum requirements?

Sniper;
Screenshot_2015-08-10-17-48-151.png
Assault;
Screenshot_2015-08-10-17-48-381.png
Tesla;
Screenshot_2015-08-10-17-49-011.png
Heavy;
Screenshot_2015-08-10-17-49-211.png
Prev1

Comments

• Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I've been asking that question for months now and there is no answer. It's time we get to the bottom of this conundrum.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    While the Glu algorithm is frustrating, recognize that match ups are based on your weapons power, including uncrafted weapons, not Base Power. Craft those weapons and win some PVP. The Mudflow is a great gun, and capable of winning. I used it agains Tier 13 and 13 opponents a lot. It does require a couple of levels of upgrade before it becomes effective.
    All three Leagues have variations on the same problem: You can't craft a weapon, no matter how hard you try. Top Gold Leaguers will all quit at the 200 VP milestone again today. Nobody even wants the gun.

When I drop into my Amazon account, I get matched against unwinnable Short opponent, since I don't have a good Heavy, but the Mudflow never loses, so I do only Long contests.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Absolutely agree but you neglected to say what weapons you're currently using?

As said in first post, the weapons you get in the 7th region are x7 strength, Alligator and Scarab.

Bradr7532, I've only got a 6.8K base, I think if I craft the Mudflow, I'd die instantly before it charges half way by the bases I'd be matched up against! That would be a Pandora's box I'd be terrified to open!

I'm well versed in the use of tesla and heavy in my other game. And, not to confuse this situation, but the Amazon Silver League is working fine for my other Tier 12 game. Will have the Boxer tomorrow. I have 47 parts now, and it's in the bag in the morning.
    try_again wrote: »
    As said in first post, the weapons you get in the 7th region are x7 strength, Alligator and Scarab.

Bradr7532, I've only got a 6.8K base, I think if I craft the Mudflow, I'd die instantly before it charges half way by the bases I'd be matched up against! That would be a Pandora's box I'd be terrified to open!

I'm well versed in the use of tesla and heavy in my other game. And, not to confuse this situation, but the Amazon Silver League is working fine for my other Tier 12 game. Will have the Boxer tomorrow. I have 47 parts now, and it's in the bag in the morning.

As I understand the current Glu algorithm you are already matched based on the fact that you have the Mudflow that you are not using, you might as well use it.

I have an interesting case study for you: Right now in the Gold League, there is a player named Billybigbone, who is ripping it up. He has a tier Six Base power 4880, a Drone power 2510, but he has a 13.5 Assault, the Mastiff, which means he finished in the top 10 is last weeks Global. He is in the top 10 in the Gold League today, so he must be winning some contests.
  • ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    The main question still remains, why do some get to fight for weapon parts in the bronze league while others fight for drone parts? And how it that decided? Please and thank you!
    bradr752 wrote: »
    As I understand the current Glu algorithm you are already matched based on the fact that you have the Mudflow that you are not using, you might as well use it.

I have an interesting case study for you: Right now in the Gold League, there is a player named Billybigbone, who is ripping it up. He has a tier Six Base power 4880, a Drone power 2510, but he has a 13.5 Assault, the Mastiff, which means he finished in the top 10 is last weeks Global. He is in the top 10 in the Gold League today, so he must be winning some contests.

Bradr752, you really have me thinking hard about this. You have no idea how badly I've wanted to break out one of these. My 8.4 and 9.3k weapons just aren't cutting it, I haven't upgraded them since I first noticed that I could no longer maintain a win streak. I finished Tier 6 and am only 1/4 way into T7 (7.4k). With a 50% win record now, payoffs are taking twice as long, and I'm thinking of going to MIRN full time.

But 3 guys in my clan all have poor outcomes from crafting their 11.5-12.5k weapons with T7 bases, but are still probably doing better than I - just may be the grass is greener reasoning, though.

Like I said, this is a no turning back decision. Scorpion has told me twice in the past not to craft. But, he was probably inferring that I stop playing PVP rather than collect weapons that were basically a bonus. I can be killed now by an 8.5k base with two blind sided shots, just think what one shot from an 11.5k base would do.

Some other oddities, there's a 4.5k attack power player I've tried 3 times to revenge. I breeze through the field, but when shooting many clips, all head shots, his health hardly budges. At the end of 3-1/2 minutes, he's still over 7/8ths full. Yet I've also used less than a full load from the assault or 4 rounds from sniper to take out 8.5k enemies too. When I've looked at their stats, the ones I can beat are using regular game cash bought weapons, the ones that are impossible to take out have weapons won in global. Hard to believe powerful weapons have a health benefit!
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Bradr752, you really have me thinking hard about this. You have no idea how badly I've wanted to break out one of these. My 8.4 and 9.3k weapons just aren't cutting it, I haven't upgraded them since I first noticed that I could no longer maintain a win streak. I finished Tier 6 and am only 1/4 way into T7 (7.4k). With a 50% win record now, payoffs are taking twice as long, and I'm thinking of going to MIRN full time.

But 3 guys in my clan all have poor outcomes from crafting their 11.5-12.5k weapons with T7 bases, but are still probably doing better than I - just may be the grass is greener reasoning, though.

Like I said, this is a no turning back decision. Scorpion has told me twice in the past not to craft. But, he was probably inferring that I stop playing PVP rather than collect weapons that were basically a bonus. I can be killed now by an 8.5k base with two blind sided shots, just think what one shot from an 11.5k base would do.

Some other oddities, there's a 4.5k attack power player I've tried 3 times to revenge. I breeze through the field, but when shooting many clips, all head shots, his health hardly budges. At the end of 3-1/2 minutes, he's still over 7/8ths full. Yet I've also used less than a full load from the assault or 4 rounds from sniper to take out 8.5k enemies too. When I've looked at their stats, the ones I can beat are using regular game cash bought weapons, the ones that are impossible to take out have weapons won in global. Hard to believe powerful weapons have a health benefit!

I don't want to beat a lame horse here, but there are only two reasons why you lose (1) either you're being hit too often and your health is draining to quickly (2) your weapons are inadequate and are doing little damage... that's really all there is to it.

You already know how I feel about TIER BASES and PVP ... the choice is yours however.

BTW I was implying it ... you inferred it LOL

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    When I analyze my situation, the pivotal moment wasn't when I won the first 11.5 assault, it wasn't when I won the 11.5 tesla, it wasn't when I won the 12.5 sniper, nor was it when I won the 2nd assault weapon. It was when I got to Brazil, bought the 7x weapons and playing how you suggest - finishing campaigns, and getting them upgraded 3/5ths, then I found my PVP had gone to pot!

With only a couple weeks in MIRN, I've already won a sniper, I'm in very good position to win this weeks heavy, I'm 25th Top Agent (aka all-time leaderboard), and have a solid win streak this global. In my other tier 12 game, I haven't missed getting a weapon crafted since I've started playing PVP about tier 5.

Obviously, with 3 GLU games going concurrently, I am one sick puppy.
    When I analyze my situation, the pivotal moment wasn't when I won the first 11.5 assault, it wasn't when I won the 11.5 tesla, it wasn't when I won the 12.5 sniper, nor was it when I won the 2nd assault weapon. It was when I got to Brazil, bought the 7x weapons and playing how you suggest - finishing campaigns, and getting them upgraded 3/5ths, then I found my PVP had gone to pot!

With only a couple weeks in MIRN, I've already won a sniper, I'm in very good position to win this weeks heavy, I'm 25th Top Agent (aka all-time leaderboard), and have a solid win streak this global. In my other tier 12 game, I haven't missed getting a weapon crafted since I've started playing PVP about tier 5.

Obviously, with 3 GLU games going concurrently, I am one sick puppy.

From what you're saying the problem started when you started BRAZIL region and you needed a new weapon rated at 7.x and I assume you were using 6.x prior to that. You are also asking for weapons parts which I totally don't understand (we'll talk about that some other time).

Is the problem with the match ups being against vastly superior opponents? Are you winning the same battles you won previously? I really need to know the displayed ATTACK POWER rating because that will tell us which weapon it's using for the match ups especially if they're GREEN or YELLOW.

If they're color coded as RED then the problem is in the matching for some reason the game cannot find a proper opponent.

I really need more info than what you've provided to get at the root cause.

It could be that you crossed a threshold for a certain rated weapon to be used in PvP by starting BRAZIL. If that's the case then that is the weapon you must use ... I can help ... if I know nothing else I know these ratings and how they affect game play.

I await your response...

*** SMILES ***
    Try_again and Scorpion, what does any of this have to do with bronze leagues?
    Imreef wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing, it's as if he doesn't want to solve this mystery and the question is, how do we get weapons parts in bronze league? This thread needs to be bumped up a couple times to make sure the issues don't get brushed off.
    Imreef, I should have started up a new thread, you're right. I've sent emails, I've had other threads started with the same question to Handles, and never got an answer.

There was a statement by LokisDottir that proves that there are some that play for parts in bronze league;
    We had player feedback indicating that some players were intentionally holding back to get into the Bronze Bracket since the prizing was equal. and We're by no means done tweaking this. We want people to have fun and be rewarded appropriately for their skill.

I was finally convinced that there is a Bronze League with parts with a post by R1gol1n that proves this from back on June 8th;
    bronze.jpg

So, if we can ever get an answer to this question from Handles, we will remain SOL!
    I was wondering the same thing, it's as if he doesn't want to solve this mystery and the question is, how do we get weapons parts in bronze league? This thread needs to be bumped up a couple times to make sure the issues don't get brushed off.

Agreed ... we sort of went off topic, my bad.
    I gave this some thought. I too was once in the Bronze League (long time ago) but I WAS competing for parts (I still have them in my inventory as a reminder).

I believe that it's not so much a random, player related occurrence but rather depends on what bracket or grouping you find yourself assigned. If true, brackets are assigned based on AP scored in the Global and should be verifiable by taking 4 bronze leaguers (2 getting parts, 2 getting fuses) and comparing the Global AP totals and looking for a pattern

It's logical to assume that someone scoring 2,499 would NOT be in the same bracket as someone scoring 101 (although GLU isn't very logical at times) and consequently players might be competing for different prizes.

Now I could think of valid GLU reasoning on just which class of player would be "allowed" to compete for parts. The obvious and logical preference would be to allow a player who already has 10-20 parts a shot at completing the weapon. On the flip side GLU might give preference to the player with no parts.

GLU has also recently stated that it wants to discourage players from "dumping" to get an easy pass in the BRONZE LEAGUE, so a player at the threshold of 2,500 AP, with clearly time left in the Global, might get a slap on the wrist by NOT letting the player compete for parts ... this is pure speculation on my part however.

The safe play would be somewhere in the middle.

I would be willing to bet that is where you'll find a clue to solving this problem. Let me know ...

If this turns out to be the case, then you'll know what to do next **SMILES** If NOT then ???

If this isn't resolved by next Global, I'll deliberately go to bronze and solve this once and for all.
    I gave this some thought. I too was once in the Bronze League (long time ago) but I WAS competing for parts (I still have them in my inventory as a reminder).

I believe that it's not so much a random, player related occurrence but rather depends on what bracket or grouping you find yourself assigned. If true, brackets are assigned based on AP scored in the Global and should be verifiable by taking 4 bronze leaguers (2 getting parts, 2 getting fuses) and comparing the Global AP totals and looking for a pattern

It's logical to assume that someone scoring 2,499 would NOT be in the same bracket as someone scoring 101 (although GLU isn't very logical at times) and consequently players might be competing for different prizes.

Now I could think of valid GLU reasoning on just which class of player would be "allowed" to compete for parts. The obvious and logical preference would be to allow a player who already has 10-20 parts a shot at completing the weapon. On the flip side GLU might give preference to the player with no parts.

GLU has also recently stated that it wants to discourage players from "dumping" to get an easy pass in the BRONZE LEAGUE, so a player at the threshold of 2,500 AP, with clearly time left in the Global, might get a slap on the wrist by NOT letting the player compete for parts ... this is pure speculation on my part however.

The safe play would be somewhere in the middle.

I would be willing to bet that is where you'll find a clue to solving this problem. Let me know ...

If this turns out to be the case, then you'll know what to do next **SMILES** If NOT then ???

If this isn't resolved by next Global, I'll deliberately go to bronze and solve this once and for all.

I've gotten 10 parts before and didn't qualify for silver league and still competed for exp viles.
    I've gotten 10 parts before and didn't qualify for silver league and still competed for exp viles.

Do you remember your AP total?
    Do you remember your AP total?

Unfortunately not, 10 pieces should have me in the 2000 AP range.
    Unfortunately not, 10 pieces should have me in the 2000 AP range.

OK so we'll try the opposite and see what the prizes are. Out of curiosity and everyone has an issue at times when they simply cannot compete, but you're an experienced player ... why are you interested in the BRONZE LEAGUE anyway? You could obviously make the SILVER LEAGUE and it would be easier to complete a weapon ... just curious?

GLU did state they were changing the way parts were awarded to "encourage" players to do their best and this could be the result of those changes.

No need to answer if you'd rather not ...
    I've gotten parts before too & still got stuck playing for drone parts.
    As for your last post Scorpion, my schedule is super hectic in the summer & I don't play as much. Also, the freezing & random restart bugs kill my win streaks so I don't force it. I was getting waaaaay too frustrated with all of it so I now I just play whenever. Consequently I get the bronze league every week. I have seen pics of people competing for parts in bronze leagues so I know it's possible. As this point I'm just curious how. I agree, I think it's easier to craft a weapon in the silver leagues (or at least it used to be) because there are more parts available. That's how I've been able to craft all my weapons
    As can be seen in the screenshots above, I have 5 weapons with parts, and each of those times I was placed in Bronze League for drone parts.

This global, I placed about 475th in the event, with about 450AP, very few times getting over 2-3 wins in a row, mostly a 50/50 shootout. This morning, i'm again in the Bronze League playing for drone vials. Nothing new, I'm on the tipping point of pulling the plug on this game.

Side note to Bradr752, I am convinced the Tier 6 case you presented to me is one of the cheaters, see the thread; This guy is publicly admitting he cheats with hacks, here's SCREENSHOT, please BAN ! . Also, a clarification for you: I have an Android (Nexus 7, and in this thread Samsung Galaxy Tab S Pro 8.4), on the Amazon events. Amazon is not Kindle exclusive.
  • BullDogLBullDogL Registered Users 3 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    While the Glu algorithm is frustrating, recognize that match ups are based on your weapons power, including uncrafted weapons, not Base Power. Craft those weapons and win some PVP. The Mudflow is a great gun, and capable of winning. I used it agains Tier 13 and 13 opponents a lot. It does require a couple of levels of upgrade before it becomes effective.

I have questions / answers about this topic as well but first let me comment on what brad said about matchups - I don't think that's accurate. On my way up I deliberately would not craft weapons until I had enough health to justify the jump in matchup. I've had weapons sitting uncrafted for weeks and can confidently state they only counted once made. (Playing Amazon on Android phone)

On to the topic at hand - I was wondering the same thing and, in fact, had a few members ask me in the last couple weeks what determines if you're playing for parts or drone. My experience was this - I would finish in bronze, get a few parts, then play for drone vials (once drones were a thing) until one weekend I decided I was going to win a heavy. I played hard, finished in the top 30, and won my first heavy. Since then it doesn't matter where I finish in the weekend event, I play for parts in the subsequent dailies.

My hypothesis is this - once you've crafted a weapon, regardless of how you do it (top 30 or silver then parts in daily events) you stay in that group. Until you build the first one you are treated as an "outsider". Thoughts?

Side note: winning that heavy was both a blessing and a curse. It took me weeks before I could win a pvp matchup that wasn't in my revenge box but it did allow me to blow through levels and eventually build my health to a point where I didn't get a "health too low" warning message every time I tried to find a match. Also opened up all the diamonds in those campaign events to build up my base and drone.
    BullDogL wrote: »
    I have questions / answers about this topic as well but first let me comment on what brad said about matchups - I don't think that's accurate. On my way up I deliberately would not craft weapons until I had enough health to justify the jump in matchup. I've had weapons sitting uncrafted for weeks and can confidently state they only counted once made. (Playing Amazon on Android phone)

On to the topic at hand - I was wondering the same thing and, in fact, had a few members ask me in the last couple weeks what determines if you're playing for parts or drone. My experience was this - I would finish in bronze, get a few parts, then play for drone vials (once drones were a thing) until one weekend I decided I was going to win a heavy. I played hard, finished in the top 30, and won my first heavy. Since then it doesn't matter where I finish in the weekend event, I play for parts in the subsequent dailies.

My hypothesis is this - once you've crafted a weapon, regardless of how you do it (top 30 or silver then parts in daily events) you stay in that group. Until you build the first one you are treated as an "outsider". Thoughts?

Side note: winning that heavy was both a blessing and a curse. It took me weeks before I could win a pvp matchup that wasn't in my revenge box but it did allow me to blow through levels and eventually build my health to a point where I didn't get a "health too low" warning message every time I tried to find a match. Also opened up all the diamonds in those campaign events to build up my base and drone.

Can I ask what Tier and weapons did you have at the time you made top 30, and what power was the heavy?

I would love to craft my tesla, but x11.5 weapon and my mid tier 7 stats would never fly.
    Scorpion, as always, is the last word on this one, sorry for my confusion! I always craft everything, I can't resist. I shouldn't express an opinion on something I obviously know nothing about.
    I had confirmed some time back and posted as well that CRAFTED weapons are no longer used in match ups. Only equipped weapons are considered. Sorry for the confusion.

If you're not sure which of your weapons are being used for the match up, simply note your ATTACK POWER, for both LONG and SHORTS. That is the rating of the weapon that was used to get you an opponent AND is the weapon you should use in battle. Using any other weapon (lower rating) is suicide.

Good Luck !!!

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?166045-Global-07-23-2015&p=349871#post349871
    [QUOTE=
    .[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that your hypothesis is incorrect. I've crafted a heavy and a tesla from silver leagues and still always play for drone parts. Now your suggestion about finishing in the top 30 may have some merit. I've never done that.
    IMREEF where did you find that quote? It sounds familiar but also sounds old. It doesn't mention who the poster was either? I can't figure out the context (crafting vs groups??).
    IMREEF where did you find that quote? It sounds familiar but also sounds old. It doesn't mention who the poster was either? I can't figure out the context (crafting vs groups??).

Post #23, 3rd paragraph, by BullDogL
    Post #23, 3rd paragraph, by BullDogL

I thank you Sir ... I had missed BullDog's post ... must be going blind LOL
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    I can tell you that your hypothesis is incorrect. I've crafted a heavy and a tesla from silver leagues and still always play for drone parts.

I usually finish in silver, a couple of times when i generally can't be arѕеd i finish in the bronze league..

I have played for both weapon parts and drone parts.

Some people know the way i now play in daily leagues.. I have a feeling something similar may happen in bronze leagues. its a first come first served basis. there may be 5 or 10 leagues allocated to bronze that compete for weapon parts and once these 5 or 10 leagues have players allocated its then drone parts given out..

i guess we will never know as no one from glu gives 2 ѕhits about the players or the game otherwise they would come on the forum and speak up, maybe even apoligise for the sub standards we encounter each week..

handles show yourself

computer_thief.jpg