Options

Data transfer

Aaron GAaron G Registered Users 58 Posts
I bought a new Samsung phone. Just wondering how can I transfer all the old phone data to new one. Tried different ways, was nor successful. Anyone please help.

Comments

• Options
    coldhartcoldhart Registered Users 27 Posts
    I just bought a new device and installed the game, and found I had to start from lvl 1 too which has ****ed me off as I already have an account and am at lvl 130, plus I paid with really money to get the secondery weapons, what kind of cap is this? Why have an account in the first place.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    The key to successfully transferring game data (or any app data) on Android is a feature called Google App Sync which has to be ENABLED for it to work properly. The data is present under your old account ... hopefully you still have the old device up and running.

I routinely sync data between devices with no problem. If you've thrown in the towel and started from the beginning, you may have wiped out (overwritten) the old data with the new. All is not lost, using your old device, start up the game and make sure your old data is still present. If it is, exit the game and proceed to system settings. Make sure Google App Sync and Backup is enabled and that the Google Account listed under accounts is the same on both devices and active.

This is more of a device setup problem than it is a GLU programming glitch.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The key to successfully transferring game data (or any app data) on Android is a feature called Google App Sync which has to be ENABLED for it to work properly. The data is present under your old account ... hopefully you still have the old device up and running.

I routinely sync data between devices with no problem. If you've thrown in the towel and started from the beginning, you may have wiped out (overwritten) the old data with the new. All is not lost, using your old device, start up the game and make sure your old data is still present. If it is, exit the game and proceed to system settings. Make sure Google App Sync and Backup is enabled and that the Google Account listed under accounts is the same on both devices and active.

This is more of a device setup problem than it is a GLU programming glitch.

Thanks amsoft. Could you please explain a little more details. How to make sue google app sync and backup enable?
  • Options
    Aaron G wrote: »
    Thanks amsoft. Could you please explain a little more details. How to make sue google app sync and backup enable?

Sure ... in system settings you should see a setting about 2/3 down named BACKUP and RESET. TAP on it and within there will be several settings available. what you're most concerned with is (what should be enabled) (1) BACK-UP MY DATA (2) BACKUP ACCOUNT (3) AUTOMATICALLY RESTORE.

There should also be an option available for performing a FACTORY DATA RESET. This will wipe your device, so be careful.
  • Options
    Sure ... in system settings you should see a setting about 2/3 down named BACKUP and RESET. TAP on it and within there will be several settings available. what you're most concerned with is (what should be enabled) (1) BACK-UP MY DATA (2) BACKUP ACCOUNT (3) AUTOMATICALLY RESTORE.

There should also be an option available for performing a FACTORY DATA RESET. This will wipe your device, so be careful.

Cool. Luckly My old data is still there. But How can i use sync to transfer? Should i press the button and open the game in new device? Thanks for your help amsoft.
  • Options
    Cool. Luckly My old data is still there. But How can i use sync to transfer? Should i press the button and open the game in new device? Thanks for your help amsoft.

You could, but the best way is to uninstall the game from the new device, clearing app data and app cache first. Then from the OLD device, force a backup (sync).

Shut off the old device and reinstall the game on the NEW device making sure the settings are pointing to the same Google account on the OLD device.

If everything is setup properly ... fire up the game and all of your data should return.
  • Options
    Just one more question, after uninstall the game from the new advice, how to clear data and clear cache? I will give it a shot and let you know. Thanks
  • Options
    Just one more question, after uninstall the game from the new advice, how to clear data and clear cache? I will give it a shot and let you know. Thanks

From system settings locate APPS. Then locate CONTRACT KILLER: SNIPER and TAP it. TAP the following buttons in this order: CLEAR CACHE, CLEAR DATA, UNINSTALL.
  • Options
    From system settings locate APPS. Then locate CONTRACT KILLER: SNIPER and TAP it. TAP the following buttons in this order: CLEAR CACHE, CLEAR DATA, UNINSTALL.
    Hi amsoft, I did everything as your instruction step by step. The **** game doesn't pick up the data which I saved on the old device. Did I miss anything? Don't think so. I would only say iOS is better than android.
  • Options
    Hi amsoft, I did everything as your instruction step by step. The **** game doesn't pick up the data which I saved on the old device. Did I miss anything? Don't think so. I would only say iOS is better than android.

You may have missed a step, or maybe out of sequence; try it again to be sure.

While in the past I would generally agree that Apple devices were of better construction, presently this is no longer the case since Steve Jobs' untimely departure and Apple's manufacturing base now located in China, the undisputed KINGS of mediocrity.

Personally, I believe the biggest paradigm shift and Apple blunder, if you will, was parting company with IBM and moving to Intel. That sort of sealed Apple's fate.

Now with regards to IOS vs Android, my technical assessment is that IOS is a more reliable and secure operating system than Android. This comes at a price however, both in terms of dollars and inconvenience. For a lay person who does nothing more than visit Facebook, check email, play a few games, watch a video, etc., the cost outpaces the benefit. For a technically savvy user, IOS is completely useless as an operating system since Apple has locked you out of the device you just spent a small fortune to own.

So the question as to what's better is purely subjective and depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you have deep pockets and don't mind being locked into a device for years, then buy Apple. If you prefer a new device as technology matures and becomes available, then buy Google (i.e. LG or HTC; Samsung has great devices but their customizations are problematic). Stay away from any other Android powered devices, they're "junk"; this includes Dell, Acer, etc.

For CKS the IOS platform "appears" to be better since it suffers fewer program bugs and glitches; this is a GLU deficiency however and has no bearing on the operating system(s) itself.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Also, if you are new to the game and to transferring data, you can not transfer between platforms, as Amsoft has already told us several times. Once you start on a platform, you are locked into only that particular platform.
  • Options
    Android to android only. Still the same problem. I reckoned amsoft should work in analysis role, explained very well.
  • Options
    Android to android only. Still the same problem. I reckoned amsoft should work in analysis role, explained very well.

I should have confirmed this, but the version of the game needs to be Google Play. The version from Amazon won't play nice using this procedure.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I was just successful in transferring game, data and even an update in software between two equivalent devices.

My old Nexus 7 (gen 1) had a bad usb connector, and was getting very difficult to charge. This was an Amazon game, Tier 13, with all the latest weapons from Globals. It would have been fairly devastating to loose this much work, so I tried the following method.

There is a PC program called Wugfresh Toolkit for Nexus that I've used in the past to unlock and root my device. It also has a module to make various backups including a "Nandroid" backup. With this backup saved to the PC, I was able to easily root a refurb Nexus device just purchased, and restore the old backup to it. I now have a cloned device including every app I previously purchased/downloaded on the new device!

So, for those that have Android versions of Amazon, there my be hope. This may only work between equivalent hardware transfers, in my case it even transferred my previous software version 4.4.4 to the new devices 4.1.1. And could even apply a regression if I had the newer lollipop ver 5 software that slows down my Nexus.

What was interesting, was that the backup was one day old, but still showed a level upgrade, the current vault, and the current win streak that I had earned during that 30 hour period, which means GLU is saving that data to some degree. There was a lot of downloading when I opened the new device's version of CKS, but everything was already set up, the accounts (my handle and login info) and all my previous won weapons, level, and base upgrades.

My advice for Data Transfer is to search Google for a Nandroid backup that you can do to accomplish the same thing. Again, not sure if that can translate if you use different cpu hardware? I did notice that Nexus Wugfresh would also just backup an app and data if needed, or various partial backups (SMS, Network, and other types).
  • Options
    Rooting your device unlocks all kinds of potentials including overclocking and custom ROMs. I too have a Nexus 7 (rooted) and that may be part of the reason I can move between devices with ease.

Rooting isn't for everyone however. Do your homework and be sure you fully understand what the implications of rooting are.

When I mention rooting and if you don't know what I am talking about, it's best you try it out on a device you don't care about and are willing to factory reset if things go south. Get real familiar with the rooting process before you try it on a primary or new device.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    My old Nexus 7 (gen 1) had a bad usb connector, and was getting very difficult to charge. This was an Amazon game, Tier 13, with all the latest weapons from Globals. It would have been fairly devastating to loose this much work, so I tried the following method.

BTW I'm not sure about the Gen1 but I have a Gen 2 and I found that it wasn't the USB connector on the device at all, it was the USB cable that had bent OR dirty pins; hopefully you can change the cable without replacing the charger but if you do, grab yourself a RAPID CHARGER from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Charger-Google-Tablet-Samsung/dp/B009STIJWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441474368&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+7+rapid+charger&pebp=1441474373497&perid=0BGBRGFHNRT905P8R5WN ... this is great for power hungry apps like CKS (you'll always have a full charge).

Also the Gen 2 can use the Nexus 4 wireless charger (which is also cheap). If the Gen 1 supports wireless charging, this is a great backup to have as well.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    BTW I'm not sure about the Gen1 but I have a Gen 2 and I found that it wasn't the USB connector on the device at all, it was the USB cable that had bent OR dirty pins; hopefully you can change the cable without replacing the charger but if you do, grab yourself a RAPID CHARGER from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Charger-Google-Tablet-Samsung/dp/B009STIJWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441474368&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+7+rapid+charger&pebp=1441474373497&perid=0BGBRGFHNRT905P8R5WN ... this is great for power hungry apps like CKS (you'll always have a full charge).

Also the Gen 2 can use the Nexus 4 wireless charger (which is also cheap). If the Gen 1 supports wireless charging, this is a great backup to have as well.

Tried several usb data cables, and have 3 chargers - a 2.1 amp and 3 amp. It's been turned off all day, and just now is finally charged. It's very sensitive about how the usb connector is laying/hanging. You'll see the connect to charger/charging indicator go back and forth - plus you can tell the female connector is loose.

I transferred data just in time. No way I could keep up my win streak the way the old one is. But thanks for the suggestion.