Options

Heavy gun pvp change

jeh21125jeh21125 Registered Users 2 Posts
Is there a way to unequip the heavy gun I won for PVP play ?
After I equipped it, I now face opponents with 1.4M defense. It's like I'm using a pea shooter. I won't be spending hundreds of $$$$ to upgrade my health, and if I can't then I'm done with the game, even though I like it.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    jeh21125 wrote: »
    Is there a way to unequip the heavy gun I won for PVP play ?
    After I equipped it, I now face opponents with 1.4M defense. It's like I'm using a pea shooter. I won't be spending hundreds of $$$$ to upgrade my health, and if I can't then I'm done with the game, even though I like it.

I am truly sorry you had to discover this on your own and without warning but a stronger weapon attracts stronger opponents and the only way out is a higher TIER base defense. But how do you upgrade your base, if you can't win diamonds and don't want to spend GOLD?

The answer unfortunately is you can't ... if you're going to quit the game then it's best to do it now before you get in deep.

A more direct answer to your question, once equipped there's no turning back; you must now use the weapon to have any chance at all.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    It's not equipping the gun that increases you matchup difficulty, but merely crafting it. Regardless of whether it's equipped, the most powerful gun you own is what's used to calculate your PvP match opponent power. You might make a request to glu to un-do your crafting the gun, or even to delete it from your inventory, but I don't know if they'll help you.

My first thought was that you might play through campaigns to raise your level. Your health nearly doubles for every 10 levels, so even without the base health upgrades, you might get high enough health to survive by maxing your level. However, I then realized that without increasing your base as well, which requires diamonds or gold, you won't be able to accumulate enough diamonds to upgrade guns, so you'll be stuck with base models.

Playing PvP is still an option, but it'll be harder because you'll need to restrict yourself to only accepting long-range matches. No doubt about it, you're in a bad spot. Contacting Glu (and hoping they'll help you) or wiping your game and profile and starting over, or just quitting may be your best options.
  • Options
    DueradDuerad Registered Users 20 Posts
    It sounds mean of me to say I'm glad I'm not the only one in my case it's obvious it's time to quit being stuck in both PvP and campaign I have nothing to do but spend more money kinda feels like this game is ran by carneys instead of game designer's
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    It's a shame GLU doesn't make this problem known upfront before players fall into this game death trap. I've been fortunate being an avid reader of this forum and some excellent user/experts that have both predicted the matchup suicide effect, and since repeated the unwritten rule.

My "lucky" player currently has 7 weapons ready to craft, but I have to leave them in the box until I can raise my Tier strength to 1 less than the power of the weapon.

This may not be quite true, as I've seen players with Level 130, Tier 9 and 14.5 power secondaries that are competing in the top 30 Global! Has me very tempted, since my Tier 9 Level 129 character has 11.5 weapons just itching to break out, and with current guns, I can't beat even green shorts because they're bullet proof. Longs need an average 13 fully charged 8 power tesla to take down, which takes about 90-120 seconds of lots of button holding. Call me "sore thumbs"!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    We definitely need a sticky post recommending that players work their way through the campaigns and get their bases up to speed before trying to win a weapon in PvP. It's a shame that this "la brea tar pit" is continually trapping the newer players.

For every one that find's his/her way to the forum for help, I'm sure that there are a hundred that fall victim to this, I guess, "not so obvious" trap.

TRY_AGAIN ... just to add a note to your observation, if you've got a superior weapon and cant get a kill shot before taking a hit, then it is possible to WIN without any real defense to speak of, but the key is to keep weapons and tiers in sync ... somehow we've got to make this information available ... I've tried asking for a sticky post, but the request has never been answered ... what a surprise.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION