Options

Troubleshooting help for a Drone Upgrade Issue

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
One of my clan's members has reported that he is unable to upgrade his drone. I described going to the Base Defense > Support Drone upgrade screen, and tapping either the "Fuse" button or one of the hexagon shaped icons to the right of the rotating Drone image. He told me that he only sees the rotating Drone, with no controls or status bars to the right of it.

He's playing on an original 7-inch Kindle Fire, not an HD or HDX. He contacted customer support and was told to check the forum for a resolution. Has anyone else heard of this issue, and if so was there a way to resolve it?

I know that customer support is a hard job, but I'm surprised that they weren't able to do any more for him. Looking at Home > Settings > Customer Care, and browsing the FAQ topics list, they seem quite in need of review. For instance, the current maximum base tier and power (under Gameplay) is listed as Tier 10 and 69.12K power. I couldn't find anything about Drones at all.

Any help that can be suggested (other than buy a newer tablet) is appreciated.

Also, on a related topic, I thought some folks had been able to restore their profiles from GameCircle -- according to the FAQs, your game profile is only stored locally, and is unrecoverable if damaged. If that's the case, then nobody can transfer their game status to a new device/tablet. Is that correct?

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    First off I use a Google Nexus 7 and Nexus 5 and use identical profiles on both devices. I routinely swap devices for cool downs, charge ups if I've been running on battery power, etc. With Android it is possible. Whilst the profile is stored locally, the game progress is not. Some of it is stored on Google Play (such as XP and achievements) and part of it is stored on Glu's servers (such as weapons and drones).

With IOS I believe a backup / restore operation is the only way to sync profiles and game data.

Drop BRADR752 a PM. I believe one of his clan members had the same problem; I don't know if it was ever resolved though.

I re-read your post and realized that he's using a Kindle. If he's on the Amazon platform, I don't think there is a way to transfer profile other than cloning the device, which requires root access. TRY_AGAIN was successful in doing this I believe, drop him a PM.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    If the Drone still is rotating, the switch to the upgrade page has not been activated. Press again until the Rotation stops and the Clock stops counting down. Then wait. I sometimes have to press several times.
  • Options
    Thanks brad - I'll pass it along and let you know if that corrects the problem for him.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The delay in page acquisition is a pain because if you push after the counter stops, it sometimes does something unpleasant. I watch the drone and the countdown timer to see it they got my message.
  • Options
    Another clan member said he also experienced a the issue and resolved it as you described. Perhaps we'll get it worked out between the two descriptions.