9/24 15.5 Sniper Global

Comments

• DentaylorDentaylor Registered Users 41 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    GRrrrrrEAT ... what about the TIER? If TIER 15 is released, I can start getting busy loading up for that pair of 16.5 short range weapons.

I met lots of player who has tier15 base on IOS!! How the hell? I got no possibily to upgrade my tier14 to tier15 on my profile!
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Dentaylor wrote: »
    I met lots of player who has tier15 base on IOS!! How the hell? I got no possibily to upgrade my tier14 to tier15 on my profile!

IOS is usually 5-6 hours ahead of Google, so be patient I'm now sure it will be coming along soon. It also appears that GLU has simply done away with the early access option and we're back to the original schedule since the region was immediately playable.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    IOS is usually 5-6 hours ahead of Google, so be patient I'm now sure it will be coming along soon. It also appears that GLU has simply done away with the early access option and we're back to the original schedule since the region was immediately playable.

Amsoft,

But I am on IOS and all of my pvp opponents have tier15 bases!
    Dentaylor wrote: »
    Amsoft,

But I am on IOS and all of my pvp opponents have tier15 bases!

Oh I thought you were on Android and you knew someone on IOS who had TIER 15, however ...

That is unusual indeed since TIER 15 has not been released as yat, the opponents you're facing must be GLU computer generated "bots" ... how any "FIND NEXT" have you tried in order to locate a TIER 14 opponent?

This might also indicate that you will receive the new TIER very soon. If you can, post a screen shot of the opponents profile. You can obtain this via your battle log.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Oh I thought you were on Android and you knew someone on IOS who had TIER 15, however ...

That is unusual indeed since TIER 15 has not been released as yat, the opponents you're facing must be GLU computer generated "bots" ... how any "FIND NEXT" have you tried in order to locate a TIER 14 opponent?

This might also indicate that you will receive the new TIER very soon.

Unusual, but true. Suddenly this morning the defense power of every bot opponent went to 2.95 M. Tier 15 has not been released but the robotic opponents, which are the only ones available now are all 2.95M. My Silk went from doing well, to totally unuseable. These opponents are tough and have changed the character of the game a lot, since everyone who doesn't have 17.5 weapons is getting killed.

New Tier tomorrow, but it may not help without a 17.5 Heavy, and I do not want to do another Super VIP buy in this week.

Ironically, the Blackthorn, which i panned earlier in the week, is holding its own.

The good news: I picked up 64 28XP modules in the "money missions" on the new Region.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Unusual, but true. Suddenly this morning the defense power of every bot opponent went to 2.95 M. Tier 15 has not been released but the robotic opponents, which are the only ones available now are all 2.95M. My Silk went from doing well, to totally unuseable. These opponents are tough and have changed the character of the game a lot, since everyone who doesn't have 17.5 weapons is getting killed.

New Tier tomorrow, but it may not help without a 17.5 Heavy, and I do not want to do another Super VIP buy in this week.

Ironically, the Blackthorn, which i panned earlier in the week, is holding its own.

The good news: I picked up 64 28XP modules in the "money missions" on the new Region.

Bradr,

Thanks I see now, so they are not real players. You are right my Silk also totally useless agains them. I am doing only long range attack because my 14,5 Tesla still does the work well.
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 09/24/2015 3 DAYS 6 HOURS REMAINING:
    (10,769 Registered Players (4.5 hours after start).

RANK #1: 20,857 AP (TEDDY) ... He's back with another record pace. Can he hold it this time?
    RANK #2: 20,493 AP (MARAT) ... A horse race may be developing.
    RANK #3: 19,709 AP (AK47SS)
    RANK #10: 13,304 AP (DALE)
    RANK #30: 9,933 AP (FADIL07)
    RANK #737: 516 AP (SCORPION)

CURRENT STATS:
    DRONE: 215K (Power) - 115/150 (Level) - 124/1115 (XP) - 1,433,600 (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (131K), RL (123K), HR (131K), SG (131K)
    FUSES:. 32 x TIER 13 (XP-26); 30 x TIER 6 (XP-18); 6 x TIER 12 (XP-20)
    PARTS: 390P (11,700)
    BASE: 1.47M

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 14.5 SPEAR ELITE
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23)
    ASSAULT: 14.5 IMMORTAL (acquired 07/30)
    HEAVY: 14.5 SIEGE TOWER (acquired 07/30)

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!

I haven't seen any TIER 15 opponents yet, but once TIER 15 is released, then the 17.5 HEAVY will be immediately equipped ... that's always been the plan.

No TIER ... No weapon ... No $$$. Yes TIER ... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ... Mua-Ha-Ha.

I'm not surprised that the ASSAULT WEAPON is holding it's own ... I wrote the book; it's not ironic at all ... it's simply a superior weapon.

Sometimes one must be forced to use what's available BEFORE they can realize their fullest potential. You will become a more lethal opponent because of it, that much is for sure.
    I haven't seen any TIER 15 opponents yet, but once TIER 15 is released, then the 17.5 HEAVY will be immediately equipped ... that's always been the plan.

No TIER ... No weapon ... No $$$. Yes TIER ... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ... Mua-Ha-Ha.

I'm not surprised that the ASSAULT WEAPON is holding it's own ... I wrote the book; it's not ironic at all ... it's simply a superior weapon.

Sometimes one must be forced to use what's available BEFORE they can realize their fullest potential. You will become a more lethal opponent because of it, that much is for sure.

Actually, it is doing more than holding its own, equipped through 4 levels it is 11.86M and is doing just great against the 2.95M defenses. BTW, the cost to fully upgrade your new 16.5 Heavy, if you are so disposed, will be 160M.
    While the missions in the new region suck, of course, you will like the weapons test missions. 201K to 212K Diamonds per mission and 3 28XP modules per mission.
    Actually, it is doing more than holding its own, equipped through 4 levels it is 11.86M and is doing just great against the 2.95M defenses. BTW, the cost to fully upgrade your new 16.5 Heavy, if you are so disposed, will be 160M.
    While the missions in the new region suck, of course, you will like the weapons test missions. 201K to 212K Diamonds per mission and 3 28XP modules per mission.

I'm happy to hear you're pleased with the weapon. With regards to upgrading that HEAVY, I always fully upgrade my HEAVY and TESLA (ASSAULTS are free to upgrade). From where I sit, it makes no sense at all to acquire a weapon and not upgrade it (SNIPERS aside). I know there are players who never upgrade the weapon and complain about not being able to win PvP ... I don't get it, not at all.

I should also mention that a show stopper weapon such as the TESLA requires 60% upgrade status by the first League Event, which I use for target practice to judge it's effectiveness and be fully equipped by the next Global Event, usually a week later. That's the way I've always done it ... 1 week regardless of cost.

I usually reserve this approach ONLY for the TESLA, but in this case the 17.5 rating of this HEAVY kind of makes it a short range TESLA, for lack of a better term. Since the BLACK HOLE is only half way through the TOOBAD life cycle, the MANTA will be placed in reserve and the HEAVY gets the lion's share of upgrades. That 16.5 SNIPER goes to the weapons locker until I actually need it.

I'm going to miss my SIEGE TOWER ... it was an effective weapon for two months ... WOW.
    08:00 EST and no new BASE TIER ... OK now I'm getting impatient *** SMILES ***

I'll check again at 12:00 Noon PST (roughly 7 hours from now).
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I hate to say, I'm thankful it hasn't been released yet. Finishing out the final row of tier 14 upgrades! And yes, by the way, I hardly ever put an upgrade onto secondaries. I did notice with the jump to level 140, my health went up 96%, and picks are a touch more difficult, but easily managed. And, payouts are in the 70k region, nothing to brag about.

Call me a micromanaged player, lol!
    try_again wrote: »
    I hate to say, I'm thankful it hasn't been released yet. Finishing out the final row of tier 14 upgrades! And yes, by the way, I hardly ever put an upgrade onto secondaries. I did notice with the jump to level 140, my health went up 96%, and picks are a touch more difficult, but easily managed. And, payouts are in the 70k region, nothing to brag about.

OK for you, and only this time, I'll forego the TIER upgrade so you can finish out TIER 14; just don't make a habit of this LOL Your health will double with odd numbered tier upgrades; that has been the pattern for some reason. Usually even tiers are modest upgrades with respect to player health.

Hopefully we'll get a real boost this time around.

Mega weapons, drones coming together ... the only thing that's missing is a BASE DEFENSE TIER to use it all on; I still haven't seen a TIER 15 opponent.
  • RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    try_again wrote: »

Not meaning to burst bubbles, but on iOS tier 15 was in the preview for PvP possible parts yesterday. I would presume that would indicate that it is available for someone to move to. I know that currently ALL of my short opponents are coming in at tier 15 with my 13.5 assault and 13.0 heavy (and my tier 11 base!) At least getting to tier 11 has allowed me to be competitive with the tier 14 opponents that I get with the longs.

Huggles!
    Huggles, Raylina
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Not meaning to burst bubbles, but on iOS tier 15 was in the preview for PvP possible parts yesterday. I would presume that would indicate that it is available for someone to move to. I know that currently ALL of my short opponents are coming in at tier 15 with my 13.5 assault and 13.0 heavy (and my tier 11 base!) At least getting to tier 11 has allowed me to be competitive with the tier 14 opponents that I get with the longs.

Huggles!

I haven't seen one single TIER 15 opponent yet on Google. I wish I had, at least it would indicate that TIER 15 was actually in the works and not some GLU programming foul up ... SMH
    I haven't seen one single TIER 15 opponent yet on Google. I wish I had, at least it would indicate that TIER 15 was actually in the works and not some GLU programming foul up ... SMH

Tier 15 out on IOS..
    Tier 15 out on IOS..

Good to hear ... I also did a cost break down on sub-410K drone fuses ... 100M for 300 pages.
    Good to hear ... I also did a cost break down on sub-410K drone fuses ... 100M for 300 pages.

I wish I could get to them, they begin at page 337
    I wish I could get to them, they begin at page 337

That's the whole purpose ... to get rid of the cheap parts so as to get to the 410K parts (bring them to the front). There aren't that many 92K parts, so the average cost per fuse should be about 70K right?

70,000 (cost per fuse) x 5 (fuses per page) x 300 (pages) = 105,000,000 DIAMONDS.

Let me ask you something ... are all your cheap parts up front? Maybe that's where we're missing each other. I can't imagine you need to scroll 300 pages to get to a 64k part?
    You're not going to believe this, after winning a battle and before I could collect my diamonds, I received a CONTENT UPDATE RESTART notification. So the win streak is shot and it better be for a good reason ...
    ... like TIER 15 !!!

Yep ... 05:47 PM EST TIER 15 finally arrived.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    The exact same thing happened to me - I thought GLU had fixed that issue.

We got a new "Posh Killers" campaign, and bases now have a Tier 15 upgrade box.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    That's the whole purpose ... to get rid of the cheap parts so as to get to the 410K parts (bring them to the front). There aren't that many 92K parts, so the average cost per fuse should be about 70K right?

70,000 (cost per fuse) x 5 (fuses per page) x 300 (pages) = 105,000,000 DIAMONDS.

Let me ask you something ... are all your cheap parts up front? Maybe that's where we're missin each other. I can't imagine you need to scroll 300 pages to get to a 64k part?

I had 480 pages of drone parts. Yes all of the cheap parts are up front. 125, 1,000, 8,000 and 51K power modules are all that I show for at least the 1st 100 pages.

The "good" news is that I was to upgrade my drone Rocket Launcher from a Level 2 69K to a Level 4 80K for only 790,000 diamonds. I was also able to burn thru 5 pages of drone parts in the process.
    concerned wrote: »
    I had 480 pages of drone parts. Yes all of the cheap parts are up front. 125, 1,000, 8,000 and 51K power modules are all that I show for at least the 1st 100 pages.

The "good" news is that I was to upgrade my drone Rocket Launcher from a Level 2 69K to a Level 4 80K for only 790,000 diamonds. I was also able to burn thru 5 pages of drone parts in the process.

That's great and what I was expecting.

*** SMILES ***
    CURRENT STATS:
    DRONE: 215K (Power) - 115/150 (Level) - 124/1115 (XP) - 1,433,600 (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (131K), RL (123K), HR (131K), SG (131K)
    FUSES:. 13 x TIER 13 (XP-32); 32 x TIER 13 (XP-26); 30 x TIER 6 (XP-18); 6 x TIER 12 (XP-20)
    PARTS: 386P (11,580)
    BASE: 2.5M

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 14.5 SPEAR ELITE; 16.5 COUGAR (in-reserve - acquired 09/25)
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23); 15.5 MANTA (in-reserve - acquired 09/25)
    ASSAULT: 15.5 MORLOCK (acquired 09/25); 40% upgraded
    HEAVY: 17.5 KARMA (acquired 09/25); 20% upgraded

The KARMA is an absolute beast at 20% of power; it literally dispatches SENTRIES and JUGGS in a few seconds. I DO NOT care for the sights however; just to large but it is more accurate than most HEAVY WEAPONS. I'll be putting this baby through the ringer to see what it's capable of. It's an ugly weapon ... at scale I would estimate that it's 5 feet long and weighs 100 lbs.; obviously only a video game warrior could run around the battle field lugging this monster.

I'm seeing nothing but TIER 15 opponents with an average vault of 70K; pretty much the same as TIER 14 when it was released. I'm also seeing more LONG battles than SHORTS and the BLACK HOLE is holding it's own; a single full charge no longer takes out a JUGG unless it's a head shot; this is the rule by the way, if you can take out a max'd out JUGG with a head shot, then the weapon is still effective and does not need upgrading.

All drone development has bee suspended forr a week, as is usually the case following a new TIER release and quite frankly LITTLE ME is jealous and doesn't want to play. He'll come around.

CURRENT STATS:

The KARMA is an absolute beast at 20% of power; it literally dispatches SENTRIES and JUGGS in a few seconds. I DO NOT care for the sights however; just to large but it is more accurate than most HEAVY WEAPONS. I'll be putting this baby through the ringer to see what it's capable of. It's an ugly weapon ... at scale I would estimate that it's 5 feet long and weighs 100 lbs.; obviously only a video game warrior could run around the battle field lugging this monster.

I'm seeing nothing but TIER 15 opponents with an average vault of 70K; pretty much the same as TIER 14 when it was released. I'm also seeing more LONG battles than SHORTS and the BLACK HOLE is holding it's own; a single full charge no longer takes out a JUGG unless it's a head shot; this is the rule by the way, if you can take out a max'd out JUGG with a head shot, then the weapon is still effective and does not need upgrading.

All drone development has bee suspended forr a week, as is usually the case following a new TIER release and quite frankly LITTLE ME is jealous and doesn't want to play. He'll come around.

I take it that the Karma has iron sights not optics, is that true? If it is not too much trouble could you post a sight picture screen shot? I hate the iron sight heavies!
    I take it that the Karma has iron sights not optics, is that true? If it is not too much trouble could you post a sight picture screen shot? I hate the iron sight heavies!

Sure ... as soon as I fight another SHORT, I'll post an image ... it's more of an anti-aircraft weapon meant for heavy bombers than it is for people ... there isn't enough left of the enemy to use a mop ... overkill at it's worst; my last HEAVY weapon for 2015.
    karma_heavy.png

This battle took just 60 seconds, including the screen shot; I really wasn't racing the clock either

You'll notice the aim is just off center; that wasn't a mistake. The weapon has a 1 second delay as it powers up not dissimilar to how the TESLA charges up but faster. so I've determined that a kill shot requires off center right aim when the target is about to move right and just below the target to compensate for recoil ... tactics ... tactics ... This is far better than previous HEAVIES.
    Based on your advice as well as the positive comments from my clan, I held my nose and bought in twice. I took it on a spin right out of the box and it is a great gun, but I really, really, REALLY hate the iron sights. Sadly once Glu picks a gun for a level, while they will offer numerous variations over the next few weeks, they will all feature the same clunky sight.

The lag time on this gun is noticeable but not bad. Much less than on some earlier Heavies.
    Based on your advice as well as the positive comments from my clan, I held my nose and bought in twice. I took it on a spin right out of the box and it is a great gun, but I really, really, REALLY hate the iron sights. Sadly once Glu picks a gun for a level, while they will offer numerous variations over the next few weeks, they will all feature the same clunky sight.

The lag time on this gun is noticeable but not bad. Much less than on some earlier Heavies.

I hate these sights also ... one of my earlier wishlist items (when I was a naive lad and thought GLU might grant my wish) was to be able to change the sights between the guns we owned.

You won't be sorry either for unless GLU starts tampering with opponent health going forward, you won't need another HEAVY for quite some time.

I feel honored to be a member of an elite team of advisers such as your clan. Thanks.

ENJOY !!!
    Out of curiosity, to confirm BRAD's initial observation, I went through my battle log and every single battle since I opened TIER 15 has been against a GLU generated bot with no drone. Using the GLU logic incorporated into the match making system, this would indicate that there are no opponents available for me to fight.

On Google Android, this would seem to be impossible, yet most of the leaderboard players have NOT upgraded to TIER 15. Now if that's the trend throughout the Global Field then we may have stumbled upon a threshold that even the most belligerent of those amongst us cannot or will not cross. This is particularly noteworthy, because most of these leaders have 16.5 and 17.5 rated weapons.

My theory, until proven otherwise, is that for some reason GLU has adopted a new approach with this latest update. We will ALWAYS be fighting against bots going forward; these bots will have max'd out TIER 15 DEFENSES so I encourage anyone with 15.5 weapons or greater, to FULLY UPGRADE your weapon ASAP. If you're considering a new weapon, please keep this in mind.

It's simply easier to generate an opponent than it is to match you up against another player of equal capability; if true this would appear to be a departure from GLU's methodology. In the very least, the game is in a transition phase.