Options

PVP Matchup colors

MarineroVAMarineroVA Registered Users 3 Posts
I tried to post this to Kuro but her inbox is full....

I'm at level 25, and since I've been playing I've been trying to understand the colors used in the PVP challenges. When you get a match-up, each player's strength is displayed numerically, and the player information may appear in white, blue, green, yellow, or red. Do you have any idea what these colors represent? It almost seems random, and not connected to the level of either player (my color changes each match). Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Like a stop light. Dark Green, at or below your tier base. Light Green, a bit above your tier level. Yellow, (warning) possible win above your tier level. Red, stop, you could easily die attacking him.
  • Options
    MarineroVAMarineroVA Registered Users 3 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Like a stop light. Dark Green, at or below your tier base. Light Green, a bit above your tier level. Yellow, (warning) possible win above your tier level. Red, stop, you could easily die attacking him.

Thanks, that's an interesting way to look at it, but...what about white? Also, that applies to my opponent's colors, but how about mine? I've seen cases where the colors are the same but the levels are pretty far apart. What I have seen consistently is the folks that have a value over 1000 are always red, but other than that....

Also, I have lots of problems with opponents over 800, but I've beaten some over 1100. Encouraging, but odd!

Thanks again,
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Just look at your weapon power, and their base power. White is between green and yellow.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    MarineroVA wrote: »
    Thanks, that's an interesting way to look at it, but...what about white? Also, that applies to my opponent's colors, but how about mine? I've seen cases where the colors are the same but the levels are pretty far apart. What I have seen consistently is the folks that have a value over 1000 are always red, but other than that....

Also, I have lots of problems with opponents over 800, but I've beaten some over 1100. Encouraging, but odd!

Thanks again,

The problem with base ratings is you don't know what your opponent has actually upgraded. For example, the opponent could have upgraded his SENTRIES and GUARDS (offense) or the BASE ECONOMY and PLAYER HEALTH (defense), causing your to have problems beating them. Also consider the drone power.

Another thing to note is HOW you're losing. Are your weapons having little or no effect OR are you losing because your health is draining too quickly? Your own base has an effect on your health depending on he level of PLAYER HEALTH that You have upgraded.

The trick is to find a balance between offensive power and health.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    In my opinion, the Drone power is really insignificant.

It shouldn't be part of the match up system -
    I feel it gives you unfair choices of levels too high to start with,
    If you modded your drone up.

You might get your cage window rocked in long range by drone rockets,
    but attack by group of 1.5 mil weapon power, will be very difficult if you pick a red player by mistake.
    You might want a stockpile of rockets handy.

One direct shot at any level drone to 21K is easily taken out.
    Pretty hard to be taken out by drone.

Not Getting past the JUGGER pairs effectively, will end the event very quickly,
    if health is near 1/3 level, and a lot of lead flying.

Cheers
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    In my opinion, the Drone power is really insignificant.

It shouldn't be part of the match up system -
    I feel it gives you unfair choices of levels too high to start with,
    If you modded your drone up.

You might get your cage window rocked in long range by drone rockets,
    but attack by group of 1.5 mil weapon power, will be very difficult if you pick a red player by mistake.
    You might want a stockpile of rockets handy.

One direct shot at any level drone to 21K is easily taken out.
    Pretty hard to be taken out by drone.

Not Getting past the JUGGER pairs effectively, will end the event very quickly,
    if health is near 1/3 level, and a lot of lead flying.

Cheers

Yes right now the Drone power is really insignificant. Who knows what a fully upgraded Drone is capable of.

Also, I think that we need to stop thinking about the Drones as a defensive weapon. In my opinion, the Drone is purely an offensive weapon.

The "problem" with the Drone in CKS has to do with when it was release. I am currently playing MIRN along side of CKS and I can tell you that the MIRN Drone is valuable weapon. The difference is that in MIRN we were able to begin the Drone upgrade at the same time that we started playing.

We have been trying to play catch up with the Drone development in CKS.

Right now in MIRN, I have a fully upgraded Drone and my player is level 42 of 50 (max).

The Drone Rocket Launcher will 1 shot most Sniper Elites and Rocket Elites (at most it will only take 2 hits). The Rocket Launcher's cool down is 12.9 seconds or almost 5 rockets a minute. 1 rocket and 1 burst from the Drone's Machine Gun will take down everything except a sentry or a juggernaut.

The Machine Gun will take at most 2 rounds for Sniper Elites and Rocket Elites. The Machine Gun's cool down is 8.6 seconds or almost 8 rounds a minute.

The Healing Ray heals me for 9% of my health every 23 seconds.

All of this makes a dramatic difference in the way battles are fought, I am able to concentrate on Sentries and Juggernauts, without have to worry about the other troops. Also, during the MIRN campaign missions, if I wanted to, I could simply just let my Drone fight the battle and I could just simply watch.

In CKS, for most of us Drones are still at a level that they do not do much for us, compared to our stats. The other problem with the Drones, of course, is the lag that they produce during the battles.

My question to Brad and to Amsoft would be at your levels, how much damage and how much healing are your Drones capable of at the levels that you have currently upgraded to?

The real killer here is the cost for everything that has to do with upgrading the drone. I think that GLU feels that the Drone is their "cash cow" for those that want to have an upgraded Drone.