Options

PVP Event - Choosing Players - major issue 10x your base power

Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
This started yesterday - and I can't get it to pick same lev / tier as i am at 7 -
Just upgraded from maxed out tier 6.

I sent emergency mail to GLU, but no response to alter it to work.
This is really causing pain with the great team I'm in, it's just insane to do this to them.
Not being able to play.

So GLU, JUMP ON THIS -
I NEED 1,000,000 dia's back in my vault to keep this nonsense going.

I keep getting way out whack power level players -
The Telsa was working fine - then I upgraded a couple times,
Theres no way to downgrade the weapon - or remove the weapon from secondary.

But coming back today - it started giving me tier 6 players for about 5 or 6, then flipped out of whack with 540K weapons.

Keep in mind - I'm sitting here with 1240 dia fee for picking a player anywhere near my level.
So the vault has been cleaned out several times with this issue.

Let this be a lesson, when upgrading base, and it takes 5 hrs for those blocks to finish,
Do not upgrade weapons at the same time. Let the base always lead the weapons in power & health.

Here's some screenshots - 640x views
In this posted view - you can see the vault at about 56k -
It soon gets wiped out with each hit selecting player.

21690288625_db65c2f59d_o.png

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/605/21690288625_db65c2f59d_o.png https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/581/21066294934_6c7a3b48b5_o.png
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/631/21698169341_70c02cde3b_o.png
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/656/21066283564_274880a295_o.png
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/735/21067982493_95303e37e7_o.png
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5752/21066283014_e44143cf83_o.png

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    This started yesterday - and I can't get it to pick same lev / tier as i am at 7.

I keep getting way out whack power level players -
    The Telsa was working fine - then I upgraded a couple times,
    Theres no way to downgrade the weapon - or remove the weapon from secondary.

But coming back today - it started giving me tier 6 players for about 5 or 6, then flipped out of whack with 540K weapons.

Keep in mind - I'm sitting here with 1240 dia fee for picking a player anywhere near my level.
    So the vault has been cleaned out several times with this issue.

Let this be a lesson, when upgrading base, and it takes 5 hrs for those blocks to finish,
    Do not upgrade weapons at the same time. Let the base always lead the weapons in power & health.

Here's some screenshots - 640x views

21690288625_db65c2f59d_o.png

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/605/21690288625_db65c2f59d_o.png https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/581/21066294934_6c7a3b48b5_o.png
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/631/21698169341_70c02cde3b_o.png
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/656/21066283564_274880a295_o.png
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/735/21067982493_95303e37e7_o.png
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5752/21066283014_e44143cf83_o.png

Unfortunately it's not an issue but rather the way the game was designed. A new region was released today (new TIER is soon to follow). Your getting these opponents because opponents at your present level are becoming rare and harder to find and skipping battles has been a part of the game from the beginning.

You must keep up ... at TIER 7, PvP is meant to be a "hook and lure" to get you to upgrade your base and weapons ... it was never meant to last.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    I'll put in on this see if it gains any traction on the forum. I too am getting excessively higher opponents, which started right after I did one upgrade to a secondary weapon. Not one level upgrade, one part upgrade (I think it was rate of fire).

I'm not opposed to a challenge, but survival is getting tough.

Currently starting tier 11 and getting tier 14 players.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    I'll put in on this see if it gains any traction on the forum. I too am getting excessively higher opponents, which started right after I did one upgrade to a secondary weapon. Not one level upgrade, one part upgrade (I think it was rate of fire).

I'm not opposed to a challenge, but survival is getting tough.

Currently starting tier 11 and getting tier 14 players.

Huggles

Strange ... I'm starting to see a "sync" in our replies. There is a mathematical reason for this. ANY new weapon that is not 60% upgraded is actually not as effective as a lower rated weapon that is fully upgraded, but the higher RATING kicks in and draws stronger opponents even though the weapon doesn't have the "rated" power yet, make sense?

A minimum of 60% (3 columns) is required just for parity. To WIN requires a fully equipped weapon OR some serious battle tactics.
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Strange ... I'm starting to see a "sync" in our replies. There is a mathematical reason for this. ANY new weapon that is not 60% upgraded is actually not as effective as a lower rated weapon tat is fully upgraded, but the higher RATING kicks in and draws stronger opponents even though weapon doesn't have the "rated" power yet, make sense?

A minimum of 60% (3 columns) is required just for parity. To WIN requires a fully equipped weapon.

I should have added that this started two days ago as I related in a different post. The weapon I did a first upgrade on was a 13.0 heavy. That is under my 13.5 assault that was drawing me 13.0 opponents. I shrug.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Interesting Concept Scorpion -

Back all along, even with low lev 5. Weapons at the start of tier 6,

Anytime in PVP, out of 300 plays, I maybe got 6 players at my level.

At tier 6' I always had high weapon power tier 7 & 8 players.
    Always a challenge, but it was ok, although a loss of win streak a few times.

I screen shot the very few that were my level, mainly to verify I did get them.
    Good to see ya Captain.
    Feel free to share with PVP members.

I just feel bad, being the stick in the spokes for the team.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Interesting Concept Scorpion -

Back all along, even with low lev 5. Weapons at the start of tier 6,

Anytime in PVP, out of 300 plays, I maybe got 6 players at my level.

At tier 6' I always had high weapon power tier 7 & 8 players.
    Always a challenge, but it was ok, although a loss of win streak a few times.

I screen shot the very few that were my level, mainly to verify I did get them.
    Good to see ya Captain.
    Feel free to share with PVP members.

I just feel bad, being the stick in the spokes for the team.
    Cheers.

Don't think of yourself as a "stick" ... TEAM MEMBER will suffice ** SMILES **
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Neo, I struggled at tier 5-8, too. But no where near a base of 10 times over weapon power or more! Usually 2x to 5x and after 4 to 5 spins found one close. This makes no sense to me, something else must be happening, although I'd never discount it being a GLU manufactured software bug.

Did you by chance win a weapon in global or league play that you have unequipped? Even a weapon you may have crafted?
  • Options
    I've tried everything - weapons won in VIP,

I've removed all weapons to lowest level

removed all weapons back to basic on the drone

Then switched back to all high weapons & drone parts -

Nothing makes any difference - i still have to fight against 540k weapons & bases 2 levels more minimum.

I can play regions in campaign just fine with any setup -

and now 60% into Kill Club.

GLU contacted me with reply yesterday - i sent them here to this thread, still no reply.

At this point - i now have to tell Team Leader
    to find another member within the hr, being there's only two days left in this PVP.

I've spent piles of diamonds to 'Find Target' & if cleaned out one more time of vault,
    I won't be able to play anyway.

Some suggest going back and doing revenge to get diamonds -
    I have less than handful of revenge - to maybe net 50K of diamonds total.
    Almost not worth it.

No idea what's left to try or do.
    If GLU gave me 5 mil Dia"s - I'd have to think twice if that's worth it.

It would be bad enough doing this Bs Solo, but now drag a team down with it, is just not cool in anyway.

I've screen shot the players I won or lost with - that have more out of balance weapon to base power than I ever had.
    Then have no problems.
    I have those screen shots ready as well to post.

Thanks"

As for Crafted - all I have is some random parts won - but never applied - but did spend 300 gold on spins to get 5 more parts,
    which turned out a great investment -

Spinning for stuff - might as well go to Vegas - and spin away -
    "Here's my new M5, take good care of it, it's not 4 wheel drive after all for snow.

In A different Sniper Game - 'Kill Shot' - doing their solo type events - they dictate which level weapons to use.
    Which makes more sense - GLU's process of choosing player on assumed weapon power is nowhere near effective.
    The result is 90% off by huge levels in both directions.

I have screen shot the players that were almost level in power - now that was fun - you had a fair chance.
    But now - if you don't use 100% rocket grenades in every step - you'll never make a mark on their forehead even with 80K weapon power.
  • Options
    I've tried everything - weapons won in VIP,

I've removed all weapons to lowest level

removed all weapons back to basic on the drone

Then switched back to all high weapons & drone parts -

Nothing makes any difference - i still have to fight against 540k weapons & bases 2 levels more minimum.

I can play regions in campaign just fine with any setup -

and now 60% into Kill Club.

GLU contacted me with reply yesterday - i sent them here to this thread, still no reply.

At this point - i now have to tell Team Leader
    to find another member within the hr, being there's only two days left in this PVP.

I've spent piles of diamonds to 'Find Target' & if cleaned out one more time of vault,
    I won't be able to play anyway.

Some suggest going back and doing revenge to get diamonds -
    I have less than handful of revenge - to maybe net 50K of diamonds total.
    Almost not worth it.

No idea what's left to try or do.
    If GLU gave me 5 mil Dia"s - I'd have to think twice if that's worth it.

It would be bad enough doing this Bs Solo, but now drag a team down with it, is just not cool in anyway.

I've screen shot the players I won or lost with - that have more out of balance weapon to base power than I ever had.
    Then have no problems.
    I have those screen shots ready as well to post.

Thanks"

As for Crafted - all I have is some random parts won - but never applied - but did spend 300 gold on spins to get 5 more parts,
    which turned out a great investment -

Spinning for stuff - might as well go to Vegas - and spin away -
    "Here's my new M5, take good care of it, it's not 4 wheel drive after all for snow.

In A different Sniper Game - 'Kill Shot' - doing their solo type events - they dictate which level weapons to use.
    Which makes more sense - GLU's process of choosing player on assumed weapon power is nowhere near effective.
    The result is 90% off by huge levels in both directions.

I have screen shot the players that were almost level in power - now that was fun - you had a fair chance.
    But now - if you don't use 100% rocket grenades in every step - you'll never make a mark on their forehead even with 80K weapon power.

So, there's your problem. Not sure specifically what weapons and power you won in VIP, or what you have crafted having 50 parts, but the fact that there are some higher powered weapons in your store ready to equip, those are what GLU is matching you up with in base strength, not what you have equipped.

It's a VERY unfair situation, and many fall into this GLU created trap door of defeat.

Scorpion and I wish we could set up a sticky with the subject of acquiring high powered weapons before your health number (combination of base tier and campaign level) can be protected by the weapon power. I constantly see players in the top 30 on Amazon (much easier than Google Play or iOS) that are jumping at the chance to score a high powered weapon.

If you could do enough campaigns to get you level ups, there's a better boost in health from those compared to increasing you Tier health numbers, but if you can't get diamonds, it will be very difficult.
  • Options
    Those Views from 2 days ago showing my level of 73 - just changed to 131.

I see what you mean with acquired vs equipped.
    That is a pretty dorked up process,
    and I read where they changed this factor to weapon power, and that's fine,
    just do it right.

As to VIP - they throw weapons in your lap,
    and those probably are the ones that messed this all up to begin with.

It was all going just find, till I placed 6th in a PVP the other day -
    and they threw 2 weapons at me at different gold purchases.

Still - it's required to hit 'Find Target' repeatedly -
    and at 1200 dia's a hit,
    it's now risky of wiping out your vault,
    if you just made major upgrades of 85K for one block of weapon upgrade, and vault is on empty.

In the meantime my base increased slightly - Tier 7 / 7520 power.
    But Still they throw 540k weapon power at me from tier base 10 - 12.
    Such insanity, and there's no way your weapon is any more effective than a slingshot w/loaded banana.

So if i don't have rocket for last 30 seconds of battle,
    where my 73K weapon is not making a mark on their forehead,
    I'm all done.

I've amped up the drone as well to 6 lev weapons - he's 6500 power.
    So finding target - you'll see opponents drone powers of 20K, paired up with 540k guns, and so out of whack...

Cheers,
    Thanks'
  • Options
    I'll need some time to digest all of this (I've been away for awhile and need some serious coffee) but TRY_AGAIN is the expert in this regard; his advice will be GOLDEN ... my head hurts.
  • Options
    Morning Scorpion - i was updating the post in stages, so you maybe got in during edit - lol.
  • Options
    Neo, Level 131 will help a lot. See if you can get it to 140 and it may even things a bit more.

Ultimately you need Tier strength equal or greater than your weapon power to be in the safe balanced zone. I'd ignore the drone for the time being, it's a diamond hog that won't help you for a long time.

It may help to state what your most powerful weapons are to get more specific - Scorpion is the master at analyzing this game by the numbers.

This will be a long road to overcome if you're up to it, best of luck!
  • Options
    Im on Mikesboys team - can view my stats there -

AS Always - Thanks
  • Options
    IN THE LAST 2 DAYS-

Level Increased to 140 - along with Weapon and Base upgrades.
    Base now is about 85% at Tier 7 / 9600 power.

We'll see how this goes for a couple days - with mainly 10.0 & 10.5 weapons.

All of the last two days, extreme level players were selected by system for the first 4/5 find target hits, where 6th was more inline.

For example - i have 67k weapons being put up against players with 540K - 1.5mil weapon power, and bases to 12.
    Mine drone is 6.5K up against 21K, which really doesn't matter.
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    Just after the Global event ended yesterday and the league event started, I'm having the same issue as the OP. Except reversed. I have a 276 k base and used to be matched with bots and players up to 59.6 k diamonds… now I'm lucky if I break 10 k on pvp matches. Also, I'm no longer being matched up with bots at all. I don't know if this was due to the changeover from global to league or after I purchased the berzerker elite in the store. This seems inconsequential since most of the time when you purchase a higher power weapon you get matched with higher power opponents. Go figure.
  • Options
    twoloszyn wrote: »
    Just after the Global event ended yesterday and the league event started, I'm having the same issue as the OP. Except reversed. I have a 276 k base and used to be matched with bots and players up to 59.6 k diamonds… now I'm lucky if I break 10 k on pvp matches. Also, I'm no longer being matched up with bots at all. I don't know if this was due to the changeover from global to league or after I purchased the berzerker elite in the store. This seems inconsequential since most of the time when you purchase a higher power weapon you get matched with higher power opponents. Go figure.

This is quite true but keep in mind that anytime you do something that changes the "balance of power", you can expect a change in the nature of battles you will be presented with. Nothing remains the same for long. Some good, some not so good, but all in all over time these usually favor the player, even though at times it may appear to be the contrary.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    IN THE LAST 2 DAYS-

All of the last two days, extreme level players were selected by system for the first 4/5 find target hits, where 6th was more inline.

For example - i have 67k weapons being put up against players with 540K - 1.5mil weapon power, and bases to 12.

One thing that I have not noticed in all of your posts, what are the stats of your strongest available weapons?

The opponents that you will draw will always be based on the level of the strongest weapon owned (weapons that have not been crafted do not count).

It does not matter what weapon is equipped, your strongest weapon is all that matters.

For short range missions, it will be based on the stronger of your Assault/Heavy and long range missions will be based on your Sniper/Tesla.

Your base Tier level compared to the level of the opponents base Tier level will determine the winning vault size.

For example, yesterday my highest long range weapon was my TESLA QUAZAR ELITE (x14.5 2.19M damage) and I have just started my Tier 15 Base upgrade (1.74M Base Power).

I was routinely drawing max Tier 14 opponents with a vault size of 65K diamonds. Just before the VIP ended I bought the MANTA. Now my long range battles are drawing Tier 15 opponents with an average vault size of 55K.

As far as short range battles, I have a BATTERING RAM ELITE HEAVY (x14.5 1.84M damage) and I am still drawing maxed out Tier 14 Bases with 65K to 85K vaults.

So as you can see, everything works into the equation, the strength of your strongest weapon as well as your base Tier level. At your base Tier 7, any weapon stronger that probably a x8.5 is probably causing you all of your grief. Until your base is within 1 level of your strongest weapon, you will be in a world of hurt. Your base level has nothing to do with deciding what opponent will be drawn, but your health will determine your survivability. Right now at level 140 with a Tier 15 base, I have 5.09M health. What is your current health?

Just for the record, a lot of us have been there, done that, so hang in there.
  • Options
    IN THE LAST 2 DAYS-

Your weapons are rated at 10.x so its quite normal to see tier 10,11,12 as opponents although the 12s should be minimal. At tier 7 you're about 2 x TIERS to light for consistent winnable battles without spending diamonds to find another opponent ... keep on plugging away, it will get better with each new tier and try to avoid any new weapon until you reach tier 9 AND do not exceed 11.5 rating on weapon or you'll be right back where you started.
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    It seems to have been temporary. Back to normal :)
  • Options
    twoloszyn wrote: »
    It seems to have been temporary. Back to normal :)

It is a known temporary glitch that happens when you buy a new better weapon. It happens to me every time. Next time it happens, check the base Tier level that you are being match against. You will find that you are being matched against bases 3 or 4 levels below you. It takes between 6 and 20 PVP matches for thing to get back to normal.
  • Options
    GLU IS UNDERGOING MAJOR SERVER UPDATE THIS MORNING.

It would be nice if it resolves some of this nonsense.
    Many were having issues with PVP events of server hang, as I was also picking players.
  • Options
    GLU IS UNDERGOING MAJOR SERVER UPDATE THIS MORNING.

It would be nice if it resolves some of this nonsense.
    Many were having issues with PVP events of server hang, as I was also picking players.

Yes, hopefully they are actually fixing a problem. For most of the day, while trying to find a battle that was worth fighting, I was receiving the following error:

wjb2vo.png

Fortunately, by just hitting "retry", usually after only one try, the screen would reset and would load a potential battle. But the whole experience was a huge pain in the a**. I would have wait 10 or 15 sec and watch the circle target wheel spin and then this screen would appear.

Since hitting the "retry" button would finally load a potential battle, so much for a network error (which I knew that it wasn't).

Wonderful programming GLU, just give us a generic error message blaming the users equipment or connection.
  • Options
    HEY SCORPION -

If I could ask a Fav'
    if you bump into Mike from Mikesboys
    Tell him I'm not able to get new game update to load.
    It was a Great Team Darnit - Guess I was Lucky.
    JAWZ' might be a good connection as well, he's usually on Global.

Cheers
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Your weapons are rated at 10.x so its quite normal to see tier 10,11,12
    Thanks Scorpion-
    I just maxed out tier 7 yesterday finally.
    Now, can I get back is the Question. Lol, 400 Gold sitting there.

UPDATE 8PM - Still Can't Get In. Pretty Strange.
    Tried on phone Android - it doesn't have official signin other than email-
    So now you begin day 1, as if you never existed.
    GLU WAS NOTIFIED.

I was just breaking in my new Telsa -
    21848083101_c2ab25f80c_o.png