Drone Weapons Upgrade

2Next

Comments

• Stork007Stork007 Registered Users 91 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Level 99 is 65K, Level 100 is 69K. Keep at it!

Bradr what is the best..,im already on level 99 @ 65k drone power..i will upgrade the 4 weapons or the drone power..?
    As my observation right now the 4weapon attached on my drone if i upgrade them together its useless if i reach the 92k drone power. i will attached again the 92k weapon so that i will reach the 369k...so could explain what is the best for..?
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Stork007 wrote: »
    Bradr what is the best..,im already on level 99 @ 65k drone power..i will upgrade the 4 weapons or the drone power..?
    As my observation right now the 4weapon attached on my drone if i upgrade them together its useless if i reach the 92k drone power. i will attached again the 92k weapon so that i will reach the 369k...so could explain what is the best for..?

If you have the 92K weapons in your inventory, I would definitely upgrade the Drone and at Level 106 (98K) move to those weapons. Upgrade the Drone one level to Level 107 (105K) and then upgrade those weapons one level to 99 K and then go back to work on the Drone.

A little complicated but max cost effective. Glu has made the first Weaoon upgrade very cheap so it make sense to take advantage of it. So my rule for Drone and Drone upgrade is pretty simple: Upgrade the Drone until you can change to more powerful Weapons. Then upgrade the Drone one level to allow all Weapons to be upgraded one level. Then go back to work on upgrading the Drone.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Good Morning Gents ...

I'd add one other footnote to BRAD's advice ... don't bother with upgrading HEALING and SHEILDS past 74K for awhile. They really will not enhance your battle experience in any way and are just as expensive as the offensive weapons.

Better to spend your diamonds on the weapons that will register kills.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Stork007Stork007 Registered Users 91 Posts
    If you have the 92K weapons in your inventory, I would definitely upgrade the Drone and at Level 106 (98K) move to those weapons. Upgrade the Drone one level to Level 107 (105K) and then upgrade those weapons one level to 99 K and then go back to work on the Drone.

A little complicated but max cost effective. Glu has made the first Weaoon upgrade very cheap so it make sense to take advantage of it. So my rule for Drone and Drone upgrade is pretty simple: Upgrade the Drone until you can change to more powerful Weapons. Then upgrade the Drone one level to allow all Weapons to be upgraded one level. Then go back to work on upgrading the Drone.

Thanks to both of u..,i will upgrade my drone power 1st bfr i goto drone weapon power coz i have a 92k drone weapon on my inventory...
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Good Morning Gents ...

I'd add one other footnote to BRAD's advice ... don't bother with upgrading HEALING and SHEILDS past 74K for awhile. They really will not enhance your battle experience in any way and are just as expensive as the offensive weapons.

Better to spend your diamonds on the weapons that will register kills.
    Having abandoned this Drone weapons upgrade experiment because of a Glu glitch that stole Diamonds and did not upgrade the weapons, I went to plan B which was upgrade the Drone itself. As I have noted elsewhere, I am now at Level 121, 410 K and have changed up to the 410 K accessories. This was clearly the more efficient approach and I believe that it is a mistake to waste Diamonds and XP on weapons upgrades. Concentrate instead on getting your Drone to the next available change of Weapons.

When I hit 510 K, I will re-examine the issue of weapons upgrades, if Glu will let me.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Having abandoned this Drone weapons upgrade experiment because of a Glu glitch that stole Diamonds and did not upgrade the weapons, I went to plan B which was upgrade the Drone itself. As I have noted elsewhere, I am now at Level 121, 410 K and have changed up to the 410 K accessories. This was clearly the more efficient approach and I believe that it is a mistake to waste Diamonds and XP on weapons upgrades. Concentrate instead on getting your Drone to the next available change of Weapons.

When I hit 510 K, I will re-examine the issue of weapons upgrades, if Glu will let me.

The hell you say? The issue persists eh ... when you said you were at 410K I figured you used 410K weapons parts ... what did I miss?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The hell you say? The issue persists eh ... when you said you were at 410K I figured you used 410K weapons parts ... what did I miss?

I wasn't clear. I strapped on 410K weapons ASAP. I traded in 92 K weapons which I had upgraded to 99 K. I am not using them any more I would love to sell them to you at a real reasonable price.
    I am resurrecting this old thread to update my thoughts on Drone Weapons upgrade. We have actually discussed this quite a bit in other threads, but I wanted to update that information in this thread to make it more accessible.

First a brief recap: When the current Drone system was implemented the Drone Weapons upgrade system was "broken" in that it did not work at all. It was impossibe to upgrade Drone weapons at all for several weeks.

When Glu finally "fixed" the weapons upgrade proceedure, they implemented a very cumbersome system which involved fusing Drone weapons parts chosen from pages of parts "won" in PVP, listed in chronological order of the date received. As you played you accumulated more and more pages which clogged up gameplay and slowed page load times. In addition, many players, including me, suffered from a "Glu glitch" which restarted the game whenever you attempted to upgrade weapons.

I started this thread in an attempt to answer the question of whether it was more cost efficient to upgrade Drone weapons as you went along, or to concentrate on upgrading the Drone and simply change to higher weapons as Drone power level increased.

I chose the second course, largely because of the problems cited above that frustrated my attempts to upgrade Drone weapons, but I believe, in retrospect, that it was the best way to proceed.

My Drone is currently at Level 148, 2.36M. My Drone Accessories are 740K base power, now upgraded to Level 5 of 20, with a power of 970 K. I know that this is not the average rig for this game, and I am hoping that others will contribute their thoughts on setups at other levels.

More to come...
    The cost in Diamonds to upgrade weapons is substantial: Upgrading for me to get from Drone Weapons power of 910K (Level 4/10) to Level 5 is 4.859M XP. The cost of getting to Level 6 will be 6.692M XP. While players have "won" the parts, the costs to fuse those parts is substantial.

While I have upgraded all 4 Accessories to Level 5, I now am going to employ a strategy that, I think, will strike most players as odd: I intend to fully upgrade the Healing Ray first, before turning my attention to the other Attachments, I will proceed next the the Shield Generator, then the Machine Gun and last, the Rocket launcher. I do that because in the current game with 17.5, 12M to 15 M weapons, additional firepower has minimum importance. Player Health and Shield protection appear to me to be the most important contribution of the Drone, and I intend to upgrade those assets first.
  • Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    GREAT THREAD on a COMPLEX PROCESS.

Thanks,
    You guys did a Great Job.
    Had I discovered this thread early on, I might have added screenshot images, of which I have many.
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    GREAT THREAD on a COMPLEX PROCESS.

Thanks,
    You guys did a Great Job.
    Had I discovered this thread early on, I might have added screenshot images, of which I have many.

Great! I am looking forward to your input.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I am resurrecting this old thread to update my thoughts on Drone Weapons upgrade. First a brief recap: When the current Drone system was implemented the Drone Weapons upgrade system was "broken" in that it did not work at all. It was impossibe to upgrade Drone weapons at all for several weeks.

When Glu finally "fixed" the weapons upgrade procedure, they implemented a very cumbersome system which involved fusing Drone weapons parts chosen from pages of parts "won" in PVP, listed in chronological order of the date received. As you played you accumulated more and more pages which clogged up gameplay and slowed page load times. In addition, many players, including me, suffered from a "Glu glitch" which restarted the game whenever you attempted to upgrade weapons.

I started this thread in an attempt to answer the question of whether it was more cost efficient to upgrade Drone weapons as you went along, or to concentrate on upgrading the Drone and simply change to higher weapons as Drone power level increased.

I chose the second course, largely because of the problems cited above that frustrated my attempts to upgrade Drone weapons, but I believe, in retrospect, that it was the best way to proceed.

My Drone is currently at Level 148, 2.36M. My Drone Accessories are 740K base power, now upgraded to Level 5 of 20, with a power of 970 K. I know that this is not the average rig for this game, and I am hoping that others will contribute their thoughts on setups at other levels.

More to come...

My Drone is currently level 103, 80K. After reading thru the give and take between you and amsoft, I decided to chose the first course. For each of the accessories' upgrade, I was able to "burn" thru 7 to 10 pages of low level parts. Hopefully, by the time that I reach the 410K level, all of my low level parts will be gone and I will not be facing the part's glut that you have been facing. Right now I have "only" 460 pages of parts.

I have upgraded the Rocket Launcher and the Machine Gun to level 4, 80K and I am currently working on the Healing Ray and the Shield Generator.

Right now the cost for the accessory upgrades is very modest. For approximately, 700K, I can upgrade an accessory from level 2 to level 4. Al my currently level of an average vault size of 55K to 60K and the 40K of generated diamonds per hours, it takes a little over 3 hours to generate the 700K. My cost for a 51K module is right around 7,000 diamond.

As the drone increases in levels and cost, maybe I might change to the second course.
    The point that Scorpion has made about the reuseability of parts is a critical one, but here is my question: What XP does a heavily upgraded 64K weapon carry? It may be that that weapon at 369K has fewer XP than a single 410K part that has an XP value of 34k or a 510 with an XP value of 85K. I didn't have many upgraded parts to pick from as I went through the pages, but I found a couple of 55Ks (upgraded from 51) and a 99K (upgraded from 92K) and they had limited increase in XP over the 51s and 92s. (I should have paid more attention to this)

Can anybody give me a handle on how much XP increases with upgrade?
    The point that Scorpion has made about the reuseability of parts is a critical one, but here is my question: What XP does a heavily upgraded 64K weapon carry? It may be that that weapon at 369K has fewer XP than a single 410K part that has an XP value of 34k or a 510 with an XP value of 85K. I didn't have many upgraded parts to pick from as I went through the pages, but I found a couple of 55Ks (upgraded from 51) and a 99K (upgraded from 92K) and they had limited increase in XP over the 51s and 92s. (I should have paid more attention to this)

Can anybody give me a handle on how much XP increases with upgrade?

Here is the requested info for all of the low level parts:

64,000 10,700XP
    51,000 4,300XP
    8,000 1,330XP
    1,000 165XP
    125 21XP

Typically, the 64K part will cost you about 1.5 times more to use that the 51K part for 2.5 time the experience. Right now for me, I spend around 7,000 diamonds to fuse a 51K part.
    If you run onto any used, upgraded parts, note the XP and post so we can compare. My suspicion is that these upgrade parts are not worth much more than the values you post, but having "wiped" my pages, I have no access to used parts, so I am depending on you guys.
    If you run onto any used, upgraded parts, note the XP and post so we can compare. My suspicion is that these upgrade parts are not worth much more than the values you post, but having "wiped" my pages, I have no access to used parts, so I am depending on you guys.

OK, will do. By the way, if you happen to remember, right now I am upgrading 64K weapon parts. What is the next available weapon part that I will be able to change to when the Drone is upgraded?
    concerned wrote: »
    OK, will do. By the way, if you happen to remember, right now I am upgrading 64K weapon parts. What is the next available weapon part that I will be able to change to when the Drone is upgraded?

There are 92K weapons out there, but they are very rare. As far as I know they were only available as prizes in Clan Globals, though at least the Machine gun has been available as a Super VIP premium. Beyond the rare 92 K weapons the next level is 410 K which is Drone Level 121. This is a long way. Check your inventory when you reach Level 106, you may have a 92K or two, but otherwise you are stuck with the 64K weapons until Level 121.
    There are 92K weapons out there, but they are very rare. As far as I know they were only available as prizes in Clan Globals, though at least the Machine gun has been available as a Super VIP premium. Beyond the rare 92 K weapons the next level is 410 K which is Drone Level 121. This is a long way. Check your inventory when you reach Level 106, you may have a 92K or two, but otherwise you are stuck with the 64K weapons until Level 121.

I will give an update when I reach Level 106. If I remember right, this past regular VIP gave us either a Drone weapon or a part. I think it was for the Shield Generator. But as is usually from GLU, they did not think that we needed to know what is was. I believe that it was awarded as part of the level before the MANTA.
    Well, they made a dramatic change to the cost of upgrading drone weapons. When I checked this morning, I discovered the following:

Level 2/15 weapon upgrade

125 part now cost 210 diamonds to fuse. Used to cost 3,297.
    1,000 part now costs 223 diamonds to fuse. Used to cost 3,412.
    8,000 part now costs 331 diamonds to fuse. Used to cost 4,344.
    51K part now costs 608 diamonds to fuse. Used to cost 6,720.
    64K part now costs 1,203 diamonds to fuse.

The amount of experience need has also been reduced.
    Level 2 upgrade now takes 142,000XP. Used to take 158,400.
    Level 4 upgrade now takes 449,600XP. Used to take 499,600.

Unfortunately, they did not lower the cost of the drone upgrade itself. At level 103, the cost is still 4362 diamonds per XP.
    As an update, I was able to upgrade my Healing Ray from Level 2 to level 4 for 47.45K in diamonds. For this upgrade, I used only 125, 1,000, and 8,000 power parts. It probably took around 20-22 fuses of 8 parts to complete the upgrade.

The upgrade from Level 3 to Level 4, using only 64K parts, cost 33.37K in diamonds. It took only 3 1/4 fuse to complete the upgrade.

I started with 466 pages of parts. After upgrade my Healing Ray, from Level 2 to Level 4 and my Shield Generator from Level 2 to Level 3, I am not done to 457 pages of parts.

Also, while going through my pages looking for 64K parts, I discovered that I have 1 Level 5 10.9K part that has 57,256XP. Again, just as with the Level 4 part, I have no idea where it came from.