Server maintance

bo9o9bo9o9 Registered Users 1 Posts
What is time will take maintance server

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bo9o9 wrote: »
    What is time will take maintance server

Anywhere from a couple of days, this is my guess ... to a few hours.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    And if this is the update, I think the game will need an update from the store you originally got the program from before you can get back to play.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Please post when the game comes comes back up for you. That way the rest of us will know if we need to try getting an update download to join the party. I'll let y'all know if it comes up for me before another Amazon player posts.

Also, try_again, do you know if anybody's posting on the clan page -- I'm not seeing anything recent?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Please post when the game comes comes back up for you. That way the rest of us will know if we need to try getting an update download to join the party. I'll let y'all know if it comes up for me before another Amazon player posts.

Also, try_again, do you know if anybody's posting on the clan page -- I'm not seeing anything recent?

Clan chat went down on IOS over the weekend and is not restored yet. Messages disappear after a few minutes.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Android is back up but be aware that you may need to manually trigger the update from Google Play or the Amazon Store. I have posted the entire experience here:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?179279-10-01-Heavy-Global/page7
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Amazon update was up when I checked 3 hours ago. So far, things are running. Bots are as Bradr has said - they match your drone power, and until taken out make play lag more. Initial PVP's had higher payouts, but I think he also said this goes back to what it was before the update.

I don't experience any performance/optimization increase that helped/hurt the iOS guys. The targeting is just as sticky as before, if not more so.

I also suggest to uncheck the first box that comes up after the vault opens, so you don't get the Facebook nag screen. Or should I call it the "GLU advertise me so I [CEO] can make more money" screen.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Amazon update was up when I checked 3 hours ago. So far, things are running. Bots are as Bradr has said - they match your drone power, and until taken out make play lag more. Initial PVP's had higher payouts, but I think he also said this goes back to what it was before the update.

I don't experience any performance/optimization increase that helped/hurt the iOS guys. The targeting is just as sticky as before, if not more so.

I also suggest to uncheck the first box that comes up after the vault opens, so you don't get the Facebook nag screen. Or should I call it the "GLU advertise me so I [CEO] can make more money" screen.

Uncheck the FB box for sure. Vaults are still high on IOS. I don't take anything under 92-93 K and average 97-98 K. The bots not only match Drone power, they match Drone weapon power. I upgraded rocket for a shorter cycle time, the Bot has a shorter Rocket cycle time.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Clan chat went down on IOS over the weekend and is not restored yet. Messages disappear after a few minutes.

Actually, we're in the same clan (ComeGetSome in the Amazon group), which has a FaceBook group, but I'm not seeing anything posted within the last couple weeks. I'm unsure whether that means I'm looking in the wrong place, or if nobody has had anything to say.

Also, I haven't been able to get a manual game update from Amazon, so i'm still getting the server maintenance message.
  • Options
    Actually, we're in the same clan (ComeGetSome in the Amazon group), which has a FaceBook group, but I'm not seeing anything posted within the last couple weeks. I'm unsure whether that means I'm looking in the wrong place, or if nobody has had anything to say.

Also, I haven't been able to get a manual game update from Amazon, so i'm still getting the server maintenance message.

Sorry Python for not posting earlier. There are two CGS FaceBook groups, the one you've seen is just for general viewers. The one that is password protected is our main area added to at least once a day. BUT, I wouldn't dare give GLU my access password to anything (Amazon payment is the one unfortunate exception), so it will stay unused with the red exclamation. Besides, making this active will require the Facebook services (and separate App?) to be using much needed resources that the game needs exclusively.

As to the update, hope you got it by now. I'd shutdown CGS, and do the refresh button in Amazon Store three posts up if not.
  • Options

I just fired up my Kindle to check the Amazon platform. I am getting the Server Maintenance notice as well.
  • Options
    I've repeated the process of:
    Stop CK:S on my Kindle.
    Go to the Amazon CK:S page, and tell it to deliver the game to my Kindle HDX.
    Go to Settings, and tap the "Sync and Check For New Items" setting.
    My Kindle starts downloading two other games that I updated last night, but not CK:S.
    Restart CK:S in hopes that it'll go out to Amazon for an update.

Thus far, no joy - I remain locked out of play.
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with Kindle's process to it's manufacturer, Amazon. Would think it should be smoother. I originally downloaded the Amazon Store app to get any games from them directly. The Nexus is obviously tied to Google, but has the Google Play app installed out of the box.

So, (similar to Google Play on Internet), you have to push all apps to it? My steps where to pull it on the device itself. Not even sure if the Amazon internet site shows the game being a new version yet? If so, it's saying you already have the app, so it's done. I do it as described going to the updates tab.

Obviously, I'm talking blind here, but there is a CK:S update, ver 3.1.1. The full app might be the original 3.0.1, but I don't know what's happening here.

If anyone with a Kindle has updated, give us a hand here!
  • Options
    I found my clan's active FB group.

I'm still scared of doing a device uninstall and hoping that GameCircle will restore my profile (as my clan leader suggested). However, I was preparing to do so when I decided to try another full Kindle shutdown/restart first. When I started the game up after, a message displayed that a required update was available, and it's downloading now.

What a pain - I'm going to be way behind trying to get enough parts to complete the 15.5x Heavy Gun, but at least I think I'm about to get back in now.
  • Options
    I was just able to download version 3.1.1 from the app store and it loaded, no problem. I did a search for CKS, clicked on download and I was up an running. Should work for you too.
  • Options
    I found my clan's active FB group.

I'm still scared of doing a device uninstall and hoping that GameCircle will restore my profile (as my clan leader suggested). However, I was preparing to do so when I decided to try another full Kindle shutdown/restart first. When I started the game up after, a message displayed that a required update was available, and it's downloading now.

What a pain - I'm going to be way behind trying to get enough parts to complete the 15.5x Heavy Gun, but at least I think I'm about to get back in now.

Great news! I'd not take the chance either. I know you can uninstall just the app and leave the data unchecked, but it's a scary scenario.

And, you'll be ahead of me by the time I get home! I always have to play catch up on work days, so 5 parts is all I can get sometimes with luck. The leagues are fuller than in the past. Good luck.
  • Options
    I haven't seen a place to uncheck data. The only thing I've seen is just "Remove from device", then I download from the cloud. I did that with a couple other games yesterday, "Mage and Minions", which updated seamlessly, and then "Fairy Kingdom". I was reluctant to uninstall FK because I've spent a bit on in-app purchases (less than CK:S though) and have over a year of play invested in it, but I've been getting an "Update Available" nag screen for weeks now, and trying to get Amazon to deliver it to my Kindle wasn't doing the update.

The FK update wasn't as smooth. It started me out from scratch; i did the tutorial screen, then got a pop-up that it found my old character saved data, and which character did I want to use, so it ended up well, but there were some very tense minutes.

As we've discussed in-clan, if I get dumped back to the beginning and lose all the progress I've made since 12/2014, I will not restart CK:S.