Options

Upgrade device

chefdavechefdave Registered Users 13 Posts
I'm upgrading my phone and have been told that cks will not transfer over. Whats the trick to loading the game onto the new phone so I don't lose my "investment ". Thanks

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Knowing what kind of device along with the CKS platform you're playing on would be required. There are many posts that address this issue.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Knowing what kind of device along with the CKS platform you're playing on would be required. There are many posts that address this issue.

Thanks for that, I am upgrading from an android samsung s4 to a droid turbo. Posted this becauae I haven't seen the answer, perhaps it's just my poor research ability. A full backup to icloud then down load to the new phone is the procedure? I would really hate to lose the game so I want to be sure. Thanks all...
  • Options
    chefdave wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I am upgrading from an android samsung s4 to a droid turbo. Posted this becauae I haven't seen the answer, perhaps it's just my poor research ability. A full backup to icloud then down load to the new phone is the procedure? I would really hate to lose the game so I want to be sure. Thanks all...

A full backup may not work. Are you using Google Play or Amazon version of the game?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    A full backup may not work. Are you using Google Play or Amazon version of the game?

I am using google play
  • Options
    chefdave wrote: »
    I am using google play

If you use the same Google Play account on the new device, you should be able to recover your gameplay data once you start the game. There is one caveat ... it may not work because you're moving from a Samsung S4 to a Droid Turbo, but it's worth the try.

Samsung uses a "customized" version of Android in order to support some of those Samsung proprietary features and I am not sure about the Droid Turbo or whether the two are compatible.

Another concern is the version of Android on the two devices' for example moving from 4.4.x to 6.x.x may not work, but again it's worth trying since it can't hurt anything. Same here with backups.

For future reference, Google Nexus, LG and HTC are all compatible and support transferring app data between them since they all use the base Google Android OS without customizations. You can even "sync" apps and data between them using nothing more than wireless.

Let me know how you make out ...