Odd number of VP

ToogreysToogreys Registered Users 36 Posts
Just wondering. I noticed lately that there were some players in the silver league contests that have an odd number of victory points. If you receive 2 points for each win how is this even possible?

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Simple answer: You get 2 points for every PVP win, but lose 1 point for every defensive loss. That means odd numbers are pretty common.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    I was wondering this same thing, bc I just noticed 4 the 1st time in the 11 months that I have ben playing this, that I have an odd # VP, but I knew that I hadnt lost an attack in quite a while (based on what bradr just mentioned) so it didnt make sense. So i went and looked at my play log and c that it is showing I lost an attack just 15 mins ago, which was a minute or 2 b4 I actually started playing PVP, so now I ask, how is it possible that I lost an attack when I wasnt even playing yet? It has actually been 5 dys since I lost an actual attack.
    arnman wrote: »
    I was wondering this same thing, bc I just noticed 4 the 1st time in the 11 months that I have ben playing this, that I have an odd # VP, but I knew that I hadnt lost an attack in quite a while (based on what bradr just mentioned) so it didnt make sense. So i went and looked at my play log and c that it is showing I lost an attack just 15 mins ago, which was a minute or 2 b4 I actually started playing PVP, so now I ask, how is it possible that I lost an attack when I wasnt even playing yet? It has actually been 5 dys since I lost an actual attack.

Losing an attack doesn't lose points, it is being attacked while off line or losing a challenge that loses point.
  • ToogreysToogreys Registered Users 36 Posts
    I have been playing for over a year and until just recently (last couple weeks) did I notice other players with odd numbered VP's. I didn't realize you could loose VP by losing a battle. Never noticed points missing from my score.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Losing an attack doesn't lose points, it is being attacked while off line or losing a challenge that loses point.

Ok, I misunderstood, but that still doesnt make sense as I havent been attacked since the new league event started, and I started the morning out with an even # VP, up until I went 2 play at lunch...
    Have you looked to see if you were challenged?
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Have you looked to see if you were challenged?

I just chkd my challenge log and i was only challenged once, but that was 7 dys ago. What actually doesnt make sense now is that my defense did lose a couple hrs ago, but i still have an odd # VP.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I just chkd my challenge log and i was only challenged once, but that was 7 dys ago. What actually doesnt make sense now is that my defense did lose a couple hrs ago, but i still have an odd # VP.

Did you loose any PvP battles? It could be awarding/subtracting a single point for a LOSS.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Did you loose any PvP battles? It could be awarding/subtracting a single point for a LOSS.

No, however, if u look at my 1st post above, right b4 I started playing ystrdy at lunch, it showed I lost an attack (but wasnt playing yet) which mayb u know the answer to...how is that possible?
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    No, however, if u look at my 1st post above, right b4 I started playing ystrdy at lunch, it showed I lost an attack (but wasnt playing yet) which mayb u know the answer to...how is that possible?

Got me ... how someone could start off losing a battle unless it was due to a RESTART, but that doesn't make sense either.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Got me ... how someone could start off losing a battle unless it was due to a RESTART, but that doesn't make sense either.

The strange thing about it too, is that it didnt use up any energy, bc when I started playing just a minute or 2 aftr this 'strange loss', i still had 3 energy.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    fkadfq.png

When checking your battle log, if you have lost a defensive battle, you will see that you have lost a point, as can be seen above.

I think the reason that we are noticing more players with an odd point total in League play is because it has become a tactic that more and more players are resorting to because of GLU misguided change to League play. Because nobody wants to finish 1st any more, the battle is now for 2nd place.

Having an odd number of points gives a player a huge advantage on the scoreboard. Think about it, usually we see the leader with say 86 points. Then we see 4-6 players with 84 points, because they do not want the top prize. When you have an odd number, then you can battle until you have 85 points, and now you are all alone in 2nd place.

Therefore, it behooves a player to intentional go offline in the hopes that they will be attacked and will suffer a defensive loss. Instead of the occasional player with an odd score, I am starting to see 3, 4, 5 or more players having the odd score in the leagues that I have been competing in.

How ever, following the TOO BAD strategy of not trying to win any weapon in league makes the league scoreboard and the point total a moot point.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I am changing my opinion as to how one ends up with an odd league point total. In the last 2 league days, I have ended up with an odd point total in both events. Both times the odd number was the results of me losing a battle, but it did take a little bit of time until my total ended up showing as an odd number. Since I had not lost a defensive battle, the odd number could not have been a result.