Options

Are Game Servers Down?

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
Right now I am unable to connect to either the CKS or the MIRN game servers. I keep getting the "Typical check your Internet Connection with error codes 101000, 116000, or 101001."

Now since I am posting here on the forum, obviously there is nothing wrong with my Internet connection. So the game server is not responding to my tablet.

As an added note, it took an hour of trying before I was able to connect to the game servers. In the mean time, everything else was working just fine, just was unable to connet to the game.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Hey CONCERNED are you ok now? I noticed a "hiccup" late last night; the servers recovered on their own and I haven't seen any connection errors since. These are ALWAYS a GLU server problem; why they have a message asking you to check your Internet Connection escapes me.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Hey CONCERNED are you ok now? I noticed a "hiccup" late last night; the servers recovered on their own and I haven't seen any connection errors since. These are ALWAYS a GLU server problem; why they have a message asking you to check your Internet Connection escapes me.

I think what the programmers did was created the check your internet connections as a default error message that our tablets will display whenever their servers are having a problem (it is easier to shift the blame to the players than to take responsibility for your own pour programming.

Reminds me of some of my problems that I would face at work. you know how it goes, you have a connection (Network) problem and the security team blames the network team, the network team blames the telco vendor and the telco vendor blames the network team. Nobody is willing to accept responsibility.

Also, in hindsight, (not knowing how GLU is setup), it could have been a problem with the login servers, but who knows.