Options

Pvp

KOG MAWKOG MAW Registered Users 1 Posts
How does the pvp pairing system works.

I am a lv72. when playing pvp I an being paired with players way above my level ( lv 120 and higher). I have an alligator sniper 11K and Scarab 11K we have the same or slightly different attack power/base/droid but due to the level difference it is impossible to kill them even if u fight for the entire 5 mins. is there a way i can get paired with players around my level. It is very unfair since u loose battle and gain no league VP so u cant climb the ladder.:mad::mad::mad:

Please help

TY

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    KOG MAW wrote: »
    How does the pvp pairing system works.

I am a lv72. when playing pvp I an being paired with players way above my level ( lv 120 and higher). I have an alligator sniper 11K and Scarab 11K we have the same or slightly different attack power/base/droid but due to the level difference it is impossible to kill them even if u fight for the entire 5 mins. is there a way i can get paired with players around my level. It is very unfair since u loose battle and gain no league VP so u cant climb the ladder.:mad::mad::mad:

Please help

TY
    Handles wrote: »

It should still be giving you some one as close as it can to your weapon power, mind you it based off weapons owned not specifically the weapons you currently have equipped.

Here is a quote from Handles a Forum Admin that should be addressing your issue.

Your opponent is based on your strongest weapon power that you own and not your level. All that your level does is to give you a certain amount of health. You need to make sure that your Base Tier is as close to your weapon tier, as you possibly can. Remember to take into account all weapons that are owned.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    Here is a quote from Handles a Forum Admin that should be addressing your issue.

Your opponent is based on your strongest weapon power that you own and not your level. All that your level does is to give you a certain amount of health. You need to make sure that your Base Tier is as close to your weapon tier, as you possibly can. Remember to take into account all weapons that are owned.

Keeping weapons and base in sync is as basic to this game as anything else, yet everybody falls into this trap ... I don't get it.

A word for those that love to just jump in and start playing PvP. CKS is a complex game with many moving parts. If you don't understand exactly how each part works, then PvP is not for you ... yet.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I think I have a formula for the max weapons you can have before you run into trouble: Weapons can be no higher than 2.5 levels above Base ranking. What do you think? This may not hold true at much lower levels but it seems to work at higher levels.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Well it's the health component that's killing these guys. We're always using weapons that are up to 2.5 higher in rating than the bases we face. The difference is we have upgraded our bases so that we can take a hit.

Actually, hypothetically, a player would experience far more success with an up-to-date defense tier using sling shots than NOT upgrading the base at all and using the strongest weapons available. The reason is simple ... the weaker opponents he would attract using 5.0 weapons, for example, would be slaughtered since the opponents cannot kill him. Weapons power is an illusion, defense power is where it get's funky.

I've got a feeling that many of these types of players might be 2-3 tiers behind their highest rated weapon and that is disastrous.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Well it's the health component that's killing these guys. We're always using weapons that are up to 2.5 higher in rating than the bases we face. The difference is we have upgraded our bases so that we can take a hit.

Actually, hypothetically, a player would experience far more success with an up-to-date defense tier using sling shots than NOT upgrading the base at all and using the strongest weapons available. The reason is simple ... the weaker opponents he would attract using 5.0 weapons, for example, would be slaughtered since the opponents cannot kill him. Weapons power is an illusion, defense power is where it get's funky.

I've got a feeling that many of these types of players might be 2-3 tiers behind their highest rated weapon and that is disastrous.

Having been listening to the gurus, I can attest to their truth. My current weapons are 5.5 assault and sniper half upgraded. My base is 5.2, first level upgrades in four categories. My drone is level 41 with 1K parts. And I am level 51.

All that to say that I am pursuing a balanced build up this time around. It will take me longer to reach my original level of play, but I can count on winning most of my PvP matches (except for the red opponents) and my drone is a benefit rather than a money pit. Of the red opponents, I am successful about 20% of the time.

Keeping the four legs of the game in balance is really helping.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Having been listening to the gurus, I can attest to their truth. My current weapons are 5.5 assault and sniper half upgraded. My base is 5.2, first level upgrades in four categories. My drone is level 41 with 1K parts. And I am level 51.

All that to say that I am pursuing a balanced build up this time around. It will take me longer to reach my original level of play, but I can count on winning most of my PvP matches (except for the red opponents) and my drone is a benefit rather than a money pit. Of the red opponents, I am successful about 20% of the time.

Keeping the four legs of the game in balance is really helping.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you just skip the red opponents, especially in Global?
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, why don't you just skip the red opponents, especially in Global?

I've gone five trades to avoid a red opponent and still get one. One can quickly run out of diamonds at lower levels. I've also found a good trade off that I mention in "Tactics 101".

I also don't chase the points in Globals. I collect diamonds for building and live with the results. Grin!
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    I've gone five trades to avoid a red opponent and still get one. One can quickly run out of diamonds at lower levels. I've also found a good trade off that I mention in "Tactics 101".

I also don't chase the points in Globals. I collect diamonds for building and live with the results. Grin!

Excellent. I can definitely agree with your line of thinking here, diamonds and not points!!

What is the beginning cost for PVP at your level and how big is your average vault?

Inquiring minds won't to know, LOL.
  • Options
    Excellent. I can definitely agree with your line of thinking here, diamonds and not points!!

What is the beginning cost for PVP at your level and how big is your average vault?

Inquiring minds won't to know, LOL.

Starting cost is 125 and average vault is 1800. I find it less expensive to take a loss rather than chase a low level opponent.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Starting cost is 125 and average vault is 1800. I find it less expensive to take a loss rather than chase a low level opponent.

Definitely, I can see where the starting cost of 125 causes a huge problem. it does not take many skips and you are playing for nothing or negative diamonds.