Handles: 'Banned Player' issue is back in PVP!

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
Handles, the issue with getting matched up with banned players in PVP started again sometime Fri between mid afternoon and around 10pm (EST). Can u pls have ur dev team look in2 this again and fix it? TY.

Comments

• HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Will have this looked into.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Will have this looked into.

Handles, any update on this, it still isnt fixed?
    Handles, can u pls give an updt on this, it is getting worse? I am also still curious how and why people get banned, can u explain?
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Curious ... what are the ill effects of battling against a "banned" player? Are you losing diamonds or energy?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Curious ... what are the ill effects of battling against a "banned" player? Are you losing diamonds or energy?

U cant battle against a banned player, u have 2 search for a new match; so when u get matched up with 5, 10, 15 banned players in a row, u start wasting a lot of diamonds.
    Update: The team has investigated this issue and will be implementing a fix soon.
    Handles wrote: »
    Update: The team has investigated this issue and will be implementing a fix soon.

Ok, TY. Just as an fyi, as of right now, it still hasn't been fixed.
    Handles, any ETA on when this is going 2 b fixed, it has been 2 weeks now?
    I was not given a hard date for a fix. Expect one in the next week to two weeks.
    Handles, this is way out of hand now and I am really getting ticked off. Every time I play PVP, I am spending 10-15k diamonds bc of these stinkin banned players, and I keep seeing the same players over and over again. Since this issue started a few wks ago, i have literally wasted hundreds of thousands of diamonds. Why is it that the first time this problem started, it was fixed (for a couple dys anyway) within 2 dys, but this time it is taking wks?
    Update: I am told that the fix should be coming soon in December.
  • mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    speaking of banned players - i think i've found a user who is cheating, possibly? GUESTA8A1DFB38 -- spends gold on battles for a weapon they already have in the BRONZE league (low ball league so he's not noticed?) or maybe he's just trying to **** a bunch of players off by staying in 1st, even though he already has the equivalent prized weapon.
    He's not cheating, he just likes playing ... problem is he's not very bright LMAO
  • mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    yeah - i see that - or has a lot of money to burn - and **** everyone else off in the process - oh i noticed that the 50 gold is at 200 pts not 100 anymore -- dang
    mcjpayd wrote: »
    speaking of banned players - i think i've found a user who is cheating, possibly? GUESTA8A1DFB38 -- spends gold on battles for a weapon they already have in the BRONZE league (low ball league so he's not noticed?) or maybe he's just trying to **** a bunch of players off by staying in 1st, even though he already has the equivalent prized weapon.

I'm on Google Play (Silver League) and noticed a "Guest" account doing the same thing (sitting in first).

I cannot believe GLU is forcing BRONZE LEAGUE players to register 200 VP for 50 GOLD. If you could register 100 victories a day, you would be in the GOLD LEAGUE. I suppose they're trying to get you to step up to the majors.

SILVER LEAGUE is still 100 VP for 100 GOLD and I think the GOLD LEAGUE is still 200 VP for 200 GOLD, so come on up.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Reviving a growing problem that's now continually effecting Amazon players;

There are three banned players that come up for selection very often.

JAZ, EDDIE and BIT.

While I applaud GLU for porting these accounts over to their new devices with new names,
    WHY DOESN'T GLU DELETE THE OLD ACCOUNT?

They did this when RISKYBERET was transferred to a new device as RISKYB, so it has been done.
    And on global chat, JAZROX has stated she has submitted several tickets to get her JAZ account deleted. BITAGAIN is actively back in no.1 all time, so obviously the same with him.

This has become a BANNED PLAYER TAX, and even though Handles said it was being worked on, fixed, and looked into,

IT STILL HASN'T BEEN FIXED! Come on GLU, how hard can it be to delete 3 accounts that are dead?
    I surmise that this problem on Amazon is due to there being so few players that these "banned" players continually reappear during Global and League Events.

For some perspective, on average how often would you say you actually face these opponents on any given event day? Personally I might skip anywhere from 20-40 opponents a day for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't describe it as a tax though ... just part of the game.

Now if you seeing these banned players every 15 minutes, then I'd say you have a real problem.
    My thoughts are that GLU puts a weight factor on how many times a player is chosen so that you don't get overwhelmed with attacks and loss of diamonds. With that in mind, you will pick a banned player because they have a higher probably of rising to the top of unchosen players to be displayed.

I have these players presented to me about once an hour, and sometimes all 3 show up almost in succession. It's not uncommon to have to hit the "Find New Target" button 20 times or more to select a minimum payout of 275K diamonds. This is especially true during heavy hours 6-10 AM and 5-10 PM when the most players are on reaping the highest banks out there.

It would be awesome if I could just set up a minimum acceptable payout, and hit the button once, and be charged up to 20K diamonds for the selection.

Which leads me to the secondary problem of selection time. Certain older players can take up to 60 seconds (measured) to fill out their stats page when selected! The banned players seem to take about 10 seconds to select. So, the process can really slow down the pace of play.
    I agree that hitting FIND NEW TARGET 20 times to get a decent payout is ridiculous. I noticed that HANDLES' first promise for a fix was back in November (December delivery for a fix) and then we know HANDLES left in mid-December.

Never know how much you miss someone until they're gone ... nothing positive has happened since his departure; I mean GLU has never been top notch when it comes to communication.

I'll open up a ticket as well to see if that helps any; I see banned players sporadically but not at the rate you're describing.
  • SCARECROWSCARECROW Registered Users 44 Posts
    This is the same problem I am having and the very same 3 players I keep getting in my PVP battles.I hope glu will do something as its getting costly to keep hitting new battle and keep paying more out to get past these banned players to find a legit fight.
  • Harry7040Harry7040 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Yep.............me too !!! Has been like this for months and months and Glu dont seem that bothered. Why are all these players ( and there are many ) banned anyway ???
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Harry7040 wrote: »
    Yep.............me too !!! Has been like this for months and months and Glu dont seem that bothered. Why are all these players ( and there are many ) banned anyway ???

It has been reported by Brad that when a number of players were having issues with their accounts after the CKS 4.0.0 update, GLU's brilliant Dev Team disabled their old accounts and copied all of their game stats into a new account so that they were able to play again.

But in GLU's infinite wisdom, instead of marking the old accounts "disabled" or even just getting rid of them, they marked the accounts as 'banned", go figure.

I do remember Brad posting in a different thread, back when 4.0.0 was released that over half of his Elites Clan members were unable to log inti the game and this went on for several weeks. It was a wide spread problem that affected a lot of player, across all game platforms.

I personally keep getting matched against the old accounts of several of the top 10 All Time Leaders on a regular basis. At Tier Base 16, 17, and 19, while it is annoying to draw banned players, the vaults that we do win, more than make up for any diamond we lose having to hit the find a new player button.

But I agree with you, the banned player should not be coming up as a target. But this is GLU that we are talking about.
    There is one player I've seen way too many times starting back the end of Nov/early Dec who complained to GLU to please delete her banned player.

Apparently they honored her request, but deleted her new account too! She's now limping along at tier 1, 102 power, yikes! Heavy spender, too, always in top 10 global.
  • SCARECROWSCARECROW Registered Users 44 Posts
    Well since my last post it seems to be a little better for at the moment all have been good players coming up.I might be shooting myself in the foot making this post but I did want to say it was better for now and I hope it stays that way.
    SCARECROW wrote: »
    Well since my last post it seems to be a little better for at the moment all have been good players coming up.I might be shooting myself in the foot making this post but I did want to say it was better for now and I hope it stays that way.

I think your right! With my post yesterday, it didn't occur to me that the usual players clogging the selection haven't shown up. Now, if they could just make it a bit shorter selection list. I don't mind 15K + to find the selection, it's just the repetition of hitting find next over and over, and sometimes passing over a payout you didn't mean to because the beat started to stick.