Options

Tier 17 Base Released

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
Tier 17 Base has been released with a new twist. I am still at Level 150, so I am going to have to run missions to upgrade again.

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    New campaign out tomorrow, Jolly Roger. I am still Level 150 as well. New opponents 10.69M bases, really tough, but some vaults as highs as 217K.

Scorpion, my player health is at 10,132,805. Is that a jump from 16?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    New campaign out tomorrow, Jolly Roger. I am still Level 150 as well. New opponents 10.69M bases, really tough, but some vaults as highs as 217K.

Scorpion, my player health is at 10,132,805. Is that a jump from 16?

NOPE !!! In fact, it's identical to the fully upgraded TIER 16 ... identical. Tougher opponents, player health ZERO increase ... the blood bath begins ... I hate being right ... time to open up another column of weapons upgrades I guess SMH
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    NOPE !!! In fact, it's identical to the fully upgraded TIER 16 ... identical. Tougher opponents, player health ZERO increase ... the blood bath begins ... I hate being right ... time to open up another column of weapons upgrades I guess SMH

The Aphrodite at 60%, 15.83M is OK, but the Karma at 60%, 18.25M, is going to require some Medkits.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts

Player health will be going up. With each player level we advance, we will get an increase in health. Until one of us goes from 150 to 151, we won't know how much of an increase.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Player health will be going up. With each player level we advance, we will get an increase in health. Until one of us goes from 150 to 151, we won't know how much of an increase.

Correct but I'm calculating a max increase of only 2% ... that's not enough. I'll know better when I can see the TIER 17 BASE up close.
  • Options
    The Aphrodite at 60%, 15.83M is OK, but the Karma at 60%, 18.25M, is going to require some Medkits.

Yes Sir ... plenty of medkits are back on the menu I'm afraid ... Imagine for a moment, fighting those battles with 16.5 weapons and no medkits? Sort of reminds me of ...
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'm hearing my swan song playing, one vacation last month put me late for finishing Tier 16 (5/8 finished) and an old tesla, another vacation later next week, and I will be put out to pasture. Where'd I put my cane?
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I'm hearing my swan song playing, one vacation last month put me late for finishing Tier 16 (5/8 finished) and an old tesla, another vacation later next week, and I will be put out to pasture. Where'd I put my cane?

Another vacation is perfect ... when you return hopefully this mess will be completely sorted out and we'll know what the future holds. Try to keep your base updated; weapons are less important at this stage. You can always grab a better weapon down the road but once you fall behind on base upgrades ...
    ... well, poke him with a fork, I think he's done.
  • Options
    Two new disclosures from HANDLES (1) the iPad 2 is inadequate to play this game (no s--- Sherlock) (2) GLU is finally addressing connectivity issues which may delay the release of CLAN WARS ... OK I'll accept that and puts GLU roughly 3 months behind from issue to resolution.

Strangest part is that lost connectivity no longer appears to be an issue SMH
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Two new disclosures from HANDLES (1) the iPad 2 is inadequate to play this game (no s--- Sherlock) (2) GLU is finally addressing connectivity issues which may delay the release of CLAN WARS ... OK I'll accept that and puts GLU roughly 3 months behind from issue to resolution.

Strangest part is that lost connectivity no longer appears to be an issue SMH

To be fair, the player that was having the issue on their iPad2 didn't know.
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »
    To be fair, the player that was having the issue on their iPad2 didn't know.

They probably didn't know, as would anyone else I don't think, since I do not recall reading any system requirements published anywhere that states what hardware the game requires to run properly.
  • Options
    On Google Play TIER 17 came down @ 04:00 PM EST.

Here is the calculated PLAYER HEALTH component:

TIER 16 (max): 10.132.805
    TIER 17 (max): 10,163,469

TIER 17 increase has a positive difference of only 30,664 over TIER 16; the effective percentage increase over TIER 16 is a paltry .30262% ... that's 3 tenths of 1% ... really nothing, so player health will not increase at all, even when the base is fully upgraded. Even if player level were to increase to 160, the effective increase in health would be no more than another 1% and that's being extremely liberal.

This the smallest health increase from a TIER UPGRADE on record by a factor of 20x.

The opponents will get tougher, no doubt ...

If you're hearing bells, the bells are tolling for thee ... I hate being the bearer of bad news, but the truth lies in the numbers.

Good Luck and Be Careful !!!
  • Options
    Something very odd is going on with this Tier upgrade. I have unlocked Tier 17 and the upgrade cost of the first level of upgrade is 8.38m for Base Economy, which is to be expected, but the upgrade cost for Guard, Sentry and Player health is 6.02M which is different than the previous levels, in that the first upgrade to those elements would normally be in excess of the previous vault size.
  • Options
    Something very odd is going on with this Tier upgrade. I have unlocked Tier 17 and the upgrade cost of the first level of upgrade is 8.38m for Base Economy, which is to be expected, but the upgrade cost for Guard, Sentry and Player health is 6.02M which is different than the previous levels, in that the first upgrade to those elements would normally be in excess of the previous vault size.

Yeah I noticed that myself. Better grab the upgrade for the GUARD/SENTRY LEVEL before it changes. That's my plan as soon as my vault is full.

Just upgraded SENTRY LEVEL ... I'll know the cost of the next upgrade in about 3 hours so we can see if this pattern persists. Proceeds to 6.8M then 10.26M.
  • Options
    I completed the first upgrade of Base Economy, and the size of my vault increased to 9M, completed first two campaigns, Level still 150, but bar is moving.
  • Options
    I completed the first upgrade of Base Economy, and the size of my vault increased to 9M, completed first two campaigns, Level still 150.

It appears that TIER 17 BASE upgrades are similar to the 17.5 Weapons upgrades in the fact that once you get to the 3rd column of upgrades the cost jumps from 6.8M to 10.26M just above the corresponding vault size, so the BASE ECONOMY will need to be fully upgraded to proceed. This also hold true with regards to 4th column upgrades of the 17.5 weapons; the cost is 9.81M per upgrade and only a fully upgraded BASE ECONOMY will generate enough diamonds to get there.

I know you need drone weapons parts and the best way to get them is via PvP.

At 10M a pop, upgrades are cheaper to pay with GOLD, on average 350 GOLD for weapons ... this is problematic to some extent and is purely a player choice at this point. It is infinitely faster obviously. BASE UPGRADES appear to be ok for now, use DIAMONDS.

Now the REAL problem is for players who haven't acquired and gradually upgraded 17.5 weapons as yet. Obviously 17.5 weapons are required to proceed in the game. We concluded that 60% of power was required to maintain superiority at TIER 16, so they will need to get at least that far to be competitive and have a fighting chance.

So the BIG question for low budget players ... how do I upgrade weapons and base without blowing my budget and going broke? The obvious alternative is to stop at TIER 16 and play it out as far as it goes OR make the painful decision to increase the gaming budget since seemingly overnight (literally) they are now a full TIER behind and we're just getting started.

How do we stop the bleeding? I'm trying to construct a plan for these players ... TOOBAD RELOADED.
  • Options
    Completed Jolly Roger campaign, no Gold, no Health bump, no interest at all. Still at level 150
  • Options
    Completed Jolly Roger campaign, no Gold, no Health bump, no interest at all. Still at level 150

YEP ... I never like being the bearer of bad news and I try to provide some degree of hope, even if the calculations state none logically exists. GLU is the great unknown, so there was always the possibility that they might do something "right" by the players; history however proves otherwise.
  • Options
    OK so I'm in the preliminary design phase for defining the parameters of TOOBAD RELOADED. This is going to be a group effort since I need to set some baseline parameters that the free to low-budget player can comfortably live with.

I NEED YOUR INPUT PLEASE ...

Here's the starting baseline on some simple, basic assumptions.

(1) Player must be at TIER 16 and at least 50% upgraded.

(2) Player can (is willing to) play at least 8-10 hours a day; the more the better.

(3) 1,400 GOLD can be acquired via Global and League Milestones per month. Global would require 4,000 AP, so 1,200 GOLD might be more realistic. If you can do 4,000 AP, let me know.

(4) 40 MILLION DIAMONDS can be acquired each month. 4 x 2,500 AP would be required in the Globals; 10,000 AP per month is required. Any more derived from League Play, I would consider a buffer/bonus.

(5) A fully upgraded 16.5 TESLA will also be required.

(6) Player must be a SILVER LEAGUE qualifier on a regular basis.

The above is a baseline starting point and if these cannot be met then I'll see you in the next life.

**SMILES**

Now what I need from you is other reliable FREE sources of GOLD that you can attain on a regular monthly basis, as well as your average AP total in a Global.

Once we've compiled "THE LIST", I can start number crunching and develop a plan that will enable you to continue game play past TIER 17. It won't be easy, but it is possible. If you have no intentions of continuing, I'd like to know that as well.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Sounds fun.
    1. Tier 16 63% done.
    2. Calculating weekdays, 7 hours, weekends 17 hours/day. So, 69 hours, almost 10 hours average.
    3. Hopefully playing Amazon, I'm exempt from having to use gold. I'm around 3800 AP during global.
    4. Never added it up, and right now I'm at a deficit since of no. 5. avg is roughly 100k/pvp.
    5. Got 40 parts for Cronos, had the parts earned the last day of leagues, and then not awarded anything the next day. Still using 14.5x Nebula 63% upgraded against (don't laugh) 2.07m bases.
    6. Always. Side note, with the -13 ap I got during the cease fire, everyone had 1 day of silver (fighting like h--- for the top prize), then 2 days of bronze. yet no one played 1 pvp during global. Very strange!

I have a stockpile of 1000 gold earned since day one, was 1400 at one time, but throw some during clan challenges. Use to be able to get some from free gold (Sears, Cars.com, Walmart), but that seems dried up now. Amazon has NO watch game videos for gold. Like I say, Amazon is still a free to play group for now. I plan on bagging the next 17.5x tesla.

I'm close to reaching your minimum. If I was Google or iOS, probably not a candidate, but I'm not too concerned, yet. There will be some set backs the end of this month and next month too, so it will be touch and go with my busy calendar.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Sounds fun.
    1. Tier 16 63% done.
    2. Calculating weekdays, 7 hours, weekends 17 hours/day. So, 69 hours, almost 10 hours average.
    3. Hopefully playing Amazon, I'm exempt from having to use gold. I'm around 3800 AP during global.
    4. Never added it up, and right now I'm at a deficit since of no. 5. avg is roughly 100k/pvp.
    5. Got 40 parts for Cronos, had the parts earned the last day of leagues, and then not awarded anything the next day. Still using 14.5x Nebula 63% upgraded against (don't laugh) 2.07m bases.
    6. Always. Side note, with the -13 ap I got during the cease fire, everyone had 1 day of silver (fighting like h--- for the top prize), then 2 days of bronze. yet no one played 1 pvp during global. Very strange!

I have a stockpile of 1000 gold earned since day one, was 1400 at one time, but throw some during clan challenges. Use to be able to get some from free gold (Sears, Cars.com, Walmart), but that seems dried up now. Amazon has NO watch game videos for gold. Like I say, Amazon is still a free to play group for now. I plan on bagging the next 17.5x tesla.

I'm close to reaching your minimum. If I was Google or iOS, probably not a candidate, but I'm not too concerned, yet. There will be some set backs the end of this month and next month too, so it will be touch and go with my busy calendar.

That's a great start and you're not in such a bad place as it might seem. The 17.5 TESLA should be a top priority. Winning guns on Amazon is relatively easy, but the major concern at this point is fully upgrading these weapons which has become quite expensive at TIER 17; 60% minimum for a 17.5 to be at parity on TIER 17.

The TOOBAD RELOADED strategy's primary objective will be to minimize the cost and provide a measurable schedule that will result in an upgraded weapon before it becomes obsolete. The good news is that at TIER 17 the effective lifetime of these new class of weapons is longer; 60 days at least and you'll be able to squeeze some more out of a TESLA (the reason for this requirement). So the effective upgrade cycle can be staggered at 2 month increments; for example a 17.5 TESLA or HEAVY would take you to TIER 19 (if we're still playing) before you would need to plan for another upgrade.

To minimize the cost of the upgrades, you would concentrate on a single weapon each month (TESLA or HEAVY) and alternate between the two. I'm still in the "crunching" phase, but I think I can get this to work for free OR at a bare minimum cost. By concentrating only on a single weapon, this will make limited diamond resources available for the base upgrades. Drone upgrades would be of secondary concern and can only be accomplished by manipulating one or more of the baseline variables to increase diamond production; usually more PvP battles OR by spending GOLD on some of the upgrades (this is where the FREE 1,400 GOLD per month comes in).

With the increased cost of VIP Event participation, this strategy will be as important to myself as it would be for anyone else. The TOOBAD 60 PLAN's effectiveness is in decline (built around VIP events); TOOBAD RELOADED will be it's successor (less dependent on VIP and focused more on upgrades).

I should mention that the TOOBAD RELOADED strategy's Achilles heel is a predictable, reliable Global Event schedule, something that the original TOOBAD strategy had eliminated as a concern.

The game is evolving and so is TOOBAD.