Handles: Is The Experience Bar Broken, Now?

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
Handles,

I have been playing missions all morning and the experience bar does not seem to be moving. What happened? Did the programmers forget to extend the cap limit or do we have to wait until the new region is released in 12 hours, 27 minutes?
Prev134

Comments

• PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I think it's tied to the campaign release, but I'm just guessing.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I have to plead ignorance on this one, I don't even know what the "Experience Bar" is. Can someone enlighten me? Are you referring to the Level indicator, because I am assuming that that is currently maxxed out at 150 pending the opening of the Jolly Roger campaign?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    It's the meter below the Level. Once you fill it up, you move up to the next level and the meter drops back to the left. Not only do you get 5 Gold, you get a very big boost in health at each digit the level rises.

Right now, it seems the meter is stuck. I believe this is the fix that allowed these perks to return, rather than a sudden jump in health that we've seen for many regions before this past region. It will move when the region is released.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    It's the meter below the Level. Once you fill it up, you move up to the next level and the meter drops back to the left. Not only do you get 5 Gold, you get a very big boost in health at each digit the level rises.

Right now, it seems the meter is stuck. I believe this is the fix that allowed these perks to return, rather than a sudden jump in health that we've seen for many regions before this past region. It will move when the region is released.

I hope you're right because I haven't seen a level up in months. The boost would certainly be welcomed.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    Like I said, I've done CKS twice now, MIRN is almost identical, and is identical in this regard. Trust me!

Think it was Kill Club that it stopped for all of us. They did something with the last region they released that I thought everyone was getting these screens again. I posted the above screen shot the end of October, the other levels in the 140's where identical except the level number.
    Like I said, I've done CKS twice now, MIRN is almost identical, and is identical in this regard. Trust me!

Think it was Kill Club that it stopped for all of us. They did something with the last region they released that I thought everyone was getting these screens again. I posted the above screen shot the end of October, the other levels in the 140's where identical except the level number.

I concur ... I believe it was KILL CLUB when level ups stopped for me.

So far, 1 INTEL SDCARD collected and 2 campaign missions completed; still stuck at LEVEL 150. It's been so long that I cannot remember; when does the PLAYER LEVEL start to increase? Is it when an INTEL is collected OR when you complete the associated campaign missions (contracts)?

So if I'm understanding you correctly, the sudden doubling of health going from TIER 15 to 16 was due to this issue (starting TIER 16 at Level 150 instead of 140); this makes sense. So the only remaining issue(s) is (was) receiving the level up GOLD? I sort of accepted not receiving the GOLD as a permanent glitch.

On the related issue of player health, prior to TIER 16, sharp increases in health only occurred at ODD numbered TIERS, with EVEN numbered TIERS having negligible increases; that changed with TIER 16 obviously (could be related to this fix, in some way).

I am really taking an educated guess here, but I do not see any large increases in health at TIER 17. If you could locate previous "Level Up" screens, you might be able to confirm this for me (us).
    So, did you download the new region? (Already forgot the name, and I still have a couple intel cards left on the previous one.)

I don't think it will move or more likely level jump for you until that is activated. And yes, last night I did another Intel card and should have seen the meter move a little, but nothing. I'm sure it's tied with that region "R---" something with the train picture on it?
    So, did you download the new region? (Already forgot the name, and I still have a couple intel cards left on the previous one.)

I don't think it will move or more likely level jump for you until that is activated. And yes, last night I did another Intel card and should have seen the meter move a little, but nothing. I'm sure it's tied with that region "R---" something with the train picture on it?

Yes I started playing the latest region this AM; "JOLLY ROGER" ... funny name, but no more so than others I guess LOL.

One (1) INTEL SDCARD collected, two (2) contracts closed thus far and the Level hasn't changed as yet; quite frankly, it's been so long since I saw a level jump that I am not sure when it occurs.

There is also an outside chance that level 150 may not increase at all. Think about it, no new weapons only clones of weapons and events ... could be a pause before CKS 4.0.0 but since GLU never tells us what they're doing, who knows?
    It used to be you'd get a level jump around a full play of 1 intel card missions, about 8 missions in all, so the meter should be moving at least 1/8th jumps. Thne there's the contract missions and the diamond missions that I don't think Glu put into their calculations of overfilling your total mission history, and hence the jumps when new regions come out.

But, I concur, it must be a programing slip and no longer logged to missions completed. Time for another content update! The meter did change from being maxed out at 150 to now being minimized out there with just a tiny sliver showing. But you could be correct. They did mention about focusing on connection errors and not Clan Wars, maybe they through a wrench into the progression gears temporarily.

I was thankful that Handles at least threw us that small meatless bone of info. I'm sure he's kept in the dark as much as we are.
    Completed Jolly Roger, boring, Weapons missions only enough for one Base upgrade, no Gold, no increase in Player Health, still at Level 150. Bar now at maybe 40%.
    If it got to 100%, it would just raise the Level to 151, still 9 to go! You've confirmed that the meter is not programed correctly.

Very sad to hear that the diamond missions will be of little benefit.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Completed Jolly Roger, boring, Weapons missions only enough for one Base upgrade, no Gold, no increase in Player Health, still at Level 150. Bar now at maybe 40%.

I was hoping for the best ... but the result is what was expected (calculated); whether it's broken OR not is speculative. The results ARE the results. Thanks for being a trooper BRAD and to remind you, upgrades paid using diamonds are becoming problematic; again I hate to be the bad news bearer but it's clear GOLD is now the standard.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    I was wondering about the level bar as well not moving...glad 2 know its not just happening 2 me.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    I was wondering about the level bar as well not moving...glad 2 know its not just happening 2 me.

As soon as I posted this question here in the forum, I also sent in a Costomer Care ticket, asking the same question.

Their first response was "We need to know specifically what is happening in your game and send in screen shots.

After sending in screen shots, I just received a Customer Care response of:

"We received a response from the dev team and was told that it takes more effort to level-up on this latest update that is why the level bar looks like it is not working."

I have sent a reply back asking foe how much experience is now required to level from 150 to 151. I will,let everyone know their response.
    concerned wrote: »
    As soon as I posted this question here in the forum, I also sent in a Costomer Care ticket, asking the same question.

Their first response was "We need to know specifically what is happening in your game and send in screen shots.

After sending in screen shots, I just received a Customer Care response of:

"We received a response from the dev team and was told that it takes more effort to level-up on this latest update that is why the level bar looks like it is not working."

I have sent a reply back asking foe how much experience is now required to level from 150 to 151. I will,let everyone know their response.

Not a surprising response at all ... by the time they fix it, we'll be at TIER 18 and it won't make a difference; bottom line is no additional player health at TIER 17 and no level up GOLD. The trick is determining when confronted with BS and when there is a "intentional" program bug. That's TOOBAD.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Update on the issue:

In the last region level up was to fast so content didn't last as long as expected. So some changes were made to make the level up process slower and more on the norm side. However, obviously, there was an issue in which the level up process from 150 to 151 had some big issues causing players to not be able to level up. This issue has since been fixed by having the first mission in the new region to provide a larger amount of XP.

However those who have already passed the first mission in the new region will need to contact Customer Care to help get your issue resolved. Very sorry about this.
    Handles wrote: »
    Update on the issue:

In the last region level up was to fast so content didn't last as long as expected. So some changes were made to make the level up process slower and more on the norm side. However, obviously, there was an issue in which the level up process from 150 to 151 had some big issues causing players to not be able to level up. This issue has since been fixed by having the first mission in the new region to provide a larger amount of XP.

However those who have already passed the first mission in the new region will need to contact Customer Care to help get your issue resolved. Very sorry about this.

Just to confirm that I understand this issue. The XP award for the first mission was so small that it did NOT trigger the "LEVEL UP" from 150 to 151 thus stalling the entire LEVEL UP process; is this correct?

Furthermore, if left alone will this correct itself OR will we be stuck at LEVEL 150 forever unless we contact Customer Care?

C.I.P. (Concerned)
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    No, there was an issue with the level up between 150 and 151 itself. The mission xp change is to counter that issue, as 151 to 152 and beyond are normal level progression.

I'm told that you have to contact Customer Care to resolve the issue if you have already cleared the first mission in the new region.
    No, there was an issue with the level up between 150 and 151 itself. The mission xp change is to counter that issue, as 151 to 152 and beyond are normal level progression.

I'm told that you have to contact Customer Care to resolve the issue if you have already cleared the first mission in the new region.

Thanks HANDLES ... I just submitted a ticket to Customer Care.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    Update on the issue:

R u saying also, that in order 2 get 2 level 151, u have 2 1st complete the 1st mission in the new region? If thats the case, i am months away from being able 2 level up as i am still stuck on the region b4 Riflemen, as in order 2 complete the last 2 pcs of intel, i have 2 move up 2 the next tier to allow my vault 2 hold more diamonds. It used 2 b that u cud get thru a whole region w/o having 2 upgrade ur base 2 the nxt tier...not so anymore.

I can report that the issue has been fixed and since I have been in contact with customer care, the fixed whatever the problem was. Get on the mission, guys. The player health jump from 150 to 151 was over 1 million. I am now at 11.7M health.

You will know immediately if you have been fixed by customer care because the bar will be moving normally again.
    I can report that the issue has been fixed and since I have been in contact with customer care, the fixed whatever the problem was. Get on the mission, guys. The player health jump from 150 to 151 was over 1 million. I am now at 11.7M health.

You will know immediately if you have been fixed by customer care because the bar will be moving normally again.

Great News ... please continue to monitor health increases throughout the levels. When exactly did the jump occur? Immediately following completion of the first set of missions (INTEL SDCARD #1)??

I have received an acknowledgment, from Customer Care, of the issue and that the development team was informed just a short while ago.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I'd like to clarify, should the level jump to 151 occur with the first mission of "Jolly Roger" or on the first "boss mission" where intel is located? I fought the first mission this morning and only received 755 xp -- my level bar is still way low on level 150.

I'm in the Amazon group, playing on a 7-inch Kindle HDX, if that matters.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Great News ... please continue to monitor health increases throughout the levels. When exactly did the jump occur? Immediately following completion of the first set of missions (INTEL SDCARD #1)??

I have received an acknowledgment, from Customer Care, of the issue and that the development team was informed just a short while ago.

I had to complete several mission before I leveled to 151. To be honest, I did not immediately notice that the experience bar was fill at a normal rate until it was at 90%.

Then there was another glitch, the next level jump was to 153 . Now I am at level 154 ready to go to 155. Player Heath at level 154 is 13,802,821.

It is taking around 8 Jolly Roger mission or a little over 6,000 experience points for me to level.
    Right now, I am doing missions in a lower region, The Unchosen, and after 12 mission I am poised to level again.

Also, the level up is paying 5 gold, again.

As far as customer care and the dev team, they have know about this problem days ago. On Nov. 18th at 23:13, I have a message from customer Care tell me hat the dev team informed them that more effort was required to level up.

On Nov. 19th, at 5:06, I sent a ticket in asking exactly how experience was required to level from 150 to 151.

On Nov. 19th at 23:16, I received a response that the information will be passed on to the dev team.

At level 155, player health is 14,851,397.
    I had to complete several mission before I leveled to 151. To be honest, I did not immediately notice that the experience bar was fill at a normal rate until it was at 90%.

Then there was another glitch, the next level jump was to 153 . Now I am at level 154 ready to go to 155. Player Heath at level 154 is 13,802,821.

It is taking around 8 Jolly Roger mission or a little over 6,000 experience points for me to level.
    Right now, I am doing missions in a lower region, The Unchosen, and after 12 mission I am poised to level again.

Also, the level up is paying 5 gold, again.

As far as customer care and the dev team, they have know about this problem days ago. On Nov. 18th at 23:13, I have a message from customer Care tell me hat the dev team informed them that more effort was required to level up.

On Nov. 19th, at 5:06, I sent a ticket in asking exactly how experience was required to level from 150 to 151.

On Nov. 19th at 23:16, I received a response that the information will be passed on to the dev team.

At level 155, player health is 14,851,397.

OK that's good; at least we know they're working on it. I'm now wondering if the fix is being done on a case by case basis since we're now being asked to contact Customer Care individually. Can you imagine what will happen if every registered player submitted a ticket?
    OK that's good; at least we know they're working on it. I'm now wondering if the fix is being done on a case by case basis since we're now being asked to contact Customer Care individually. Can you imagine what will happen if every registered player submitted a ticket?

Just glad I am not customer care right now, lol. They are not being paid enough to handle a problem like this.

Also, they have another glitch during the level up screens. The brain trust added a Facebook notification post page that you have leveled up. The only problem is they forgot to add button to cancel out of the screen, as well as, to post it to your Facebook page.

I have been exiting and restarting CKS. Not a big deal to me since I routinely restart the app, anyway.

Player Heath at level 156 is 15,899,973. It is increasing at a rate of 1.04M per level. Level 155 to 156 required around 7,800 experience.

When I get downstairs to a computer I can start posting screen shots.
    As of now I am at 150 and meter not moving. Lots of sudden kills. Have I mentioned that I am not happy about the state of this game?
    As of now I am at 150 and meter not moving. Lots of sudden kills. Have I mentioned that I am not happy about the state of this game?

I kind of got that you're not happy ... did you confirm if the problem PvP battles are "bot" related? I think the acquisition of the 18.5s may have caused the problem.
    I kind of got that you're not happy ... did you confirm if the problem PvP battles are "bot" related? I think the acquisition of the 18.5s may have caused the problem.

I think you are right, but all my opponents are bots, I have only seen 1 real opponent this Global.
    I think you are right, but all my opponents are bots, I have only seen 1 real opponent this Global.

The 18.5 trigger in the "bot" generation process may have caused the system to run off the rails (a MAJOR bug) Have you tried going back to the 17.5s?