Handles: Is The Experience Bar Broken, Now?

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    And there is 1 more upgrade level left for me, so with another 1.04M health, my health will be just north of 20M. It will be double health from Tier 16's 10.1M health.

And, yes, 20M health is making all of the difference in the world. When I was at Level 150's 10M health, I was having all of the same problems that Brad has been reporting. I was having to use 1-2 med kits and 2-3 grenades per short range battle. Then, there was still the sudden death problems. I starting to wonder if CKS's battle algorithm has something in it, that goes like this:

IF PLAYERS HEALTH is =< BOTS HEALTH
    THEN INCREASE AGENTS CHANCES OF HEAD SHOTS

The sudden death problem just does not make any sense, it can't be from a Drone rocket, because they just don't hit that hard. It can't be from a Rocket Elite, because there is usually 1 maybe 2 of them and they usually do not fire at the same time.

But then, this is big reason that I skip short range battles against RL players. They just hit too hard, IMO, probably twice as hard as a bot opponent.

I usually do not discriminate between LONG and SHORT battles. My only criteria is how large the vault payout and with TIER 17 that's 200K minimum and I've seen up to 340K.

That said, I am a big fan of grenades; I prefer taking out 2-3-4 enemies with one grenade than slugging it out with each one of them and risk using a medkit. This approach also shortens the battles dramatically and eliminates the chances of losing and breaking a streak. The milestone GOLD is perfect for paying for equipment such as grenades. I've also been known to throw a knife or two.

***SMILES***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    bradr752 wrote: »
    18 of the 20 players in my clan are stuck at 150. I am still stuck and am still getting killed suddenly every 10 PVPs. I have had over 40 losses so far this global. Normally I would lose 2 or 3.

My longest streak is 34, but my average streak is only 10 this Global.

Are all of your clan members using 18.5 weapons? Being stuck at 150 is a problem, agreed ... NOT being able to win battles is a show stopper, I would think. There must be a common element here.

This has all the symptoms of an "imbalance" in the matching algorithm when is comes to 18.5s, which might explain the month long delay of the debut of these weapons. Strangely enough, everything goes back to normal at TIER 18. Could this be more GLU tampering in an attempt to promote the Global Events?

With the cost of VIP (Super) Events these days, they've sold me and won't need to beat me over the head with it.
  • DentaylorDentaylor Registered Users 41 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Bradr, I see the same results for me very soon. I've noticed the health meter moving much faster after Jolly Roger came out. I thought I'd be safe since I just downloaded it yesterday, but, it's definitely not moving anytime soon, and when the next tesla comes out. I will not be able to survive using it if leveling up is not fixed quickly.

The fact that 90% of Elites have been very negatively affected by this problem does not bode well for the survival of the game. A blanket onslaught of complaining customers that are asking for individual repair of their game will mean disaster, no doubt.

I don't think other players understand the seriousness of this problem, yet.

I understand because I am having the same problem and no answer from customer care at all.
    Bradr, I see the same results for me very soon. I've noticed the health meter moving much faster after Jolly Roger came out. I thought I'd be safe since I just downloaded it yesterday, but, it's definitely not moving anytime soon, and when the next tesla comes out. I will not be able to survive using it if leveling up is not fixed quickly.

The fact that 90% of Elites have been very negatively affected by this problem does not bode well for the survival of the game. A blanket onslaught of complaining customers that are asking for individual repair of their game will mean disaster, no doubt.

I don't think other players understand the seriousness of this problem, yet.

I really don't see these two issues being related though. The level up glitch is a problem no doubt, but for someone like BRAD not being able to get a decent streak going, that's pretty **** alarming.

There have been numerous occasions where player health increase was negligible, (every other region actually) so that is not to blame for not winning battles. TIER 17 in general was going to be a difficult nut to crack, but not for veteran players like BRAD.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Well it only took over 3 1/2 days for Customer Care to finally send a response. My last ticket sent was in Nov. 19th at 5:00AM. I just received this response from Customer Care.

2r42250.png

I already knew that my problem was fixed about 2 1/2 days ago. Just gives us an idea of how much Customer Care must be overwhelmed by this issue.
    Well I can definitely confirm that the experience bar is progressing ... at about the rate that fingernails grow SMH
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    After a very depressing Global, finished #22, with 62 losses and used 58 Medkits, I went to bad at Level 150, very discouraged. I work up this morning to discover that I had magically been bumped up to Level 160. My Player Health went from 10M to 20M. Play is totally different at 20M. I should have taken the weekend off.

I had put in 8 customer care tickets, one every day through the game and one every day at the Glu website.
  • TurkeyBoyTurkeyBoy Registered Users 19 Posts
    Since the Jolly Roger I been playing opponents at lever 156 to 158 I'm stuck at 150, I play Jolly Roger half way now still on 150, I sent in an ticket no word yet.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I completed the entire first level of Jolly Roger, along with most of Riflemen, at level 150 and my level bar remains well below half - I'd estimate about 1/6th of full. I submitted a Customer Support call on Friday, and got a response today that my report had been submitted to the developers for investigation.

I'm in the Amazon group, and have yet to see any players on global chat listed at over level 150, so this may have been fixed on other groups, but I don't think the fix ever made it to Amazon.

I'm holding off playing any more Jolly Roger, because if the level 150 -> 151 glitch gets fixed eventually, I'll need some way to earn XP for levels 151 -> 160. In the interim, I'm playing the Riflemen open contracts to earn cash so that I can upgrade my 16.5x primary guns for whenever I do start playing Jolly Roger.

Also, I stopped playing the global event for a few hours yesterday to drop out of the top 30 so that I don't get bumped up in PvP match difficulty by a 17.5x gun before I can advance in level. I'll get parts in league play, and will hold off crafting guns higher than 16.5x until I'm level 160.
    I completed the entire first level of Jolly Roger, along with most of Riflemen, at level 150 and my level bar remains well below half - I'd estimate about 1/6th of full. I submitted a Customer Support call on Friday, and got a response today that my report had been submitted to the developers for investigation.

I'm in the Amazon group, and have yet to see any players on global chat listed at over level 150, so this may have been fixed on other groups, but I don't think the fix ever made it to Amazon.

I'm holding off playing any more Jolly Roger, because if the level 150 -> 151 glitch gets fixed eventually, I'll need some way to earn XP for levels 151 -> 160. In the interim, I'm playing the Riflemen open contracts to earn cash so that I can upgrade my 16.5x primary guns for whenever I do start playing Jolly Roger.

Also, I stopped playing the global event for a few hours yesterday to drop out of the top 30 so that I don't get bumped up in PvP match difficulty by a 17.5x gun before I can advance in level. I'll get parts in league play, and will hold off crafting guns higher than 16.5x until I'm level 160.

No harm ... it was a horrible gun anyway ** SMILES ** Next Global's ASSAULT; now that's a weapon and practically free to upgrade.
    I just got a memo from Glu informing me that they had manually moved me from Level 150 to level 151. I then had enough accumulated XP to advance to Level 160 immediately. I received 50 Gold, 4 for each level of advance. My problem is solved but it required several complaints to Glu to get it done. Many others are in the same situation and, sadly, will have to file multiple complaints to get it fixed.

BTW my game is running well, and at 20M Personal Health, I am pretty well bulletproof. My opponents are all 11.75 Base, 2.95 Drone Bots with mirrored armament.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I just got a memo from Glu informing me that they had manually moved me from Level 150 to level 151. I then had enough accumulated XP to advance to Level 160 immediately. I received 50 Gold, 4 for each level of advance. My problem is solved but it required several complaints to Glu to get it done. Many others are in the same situation and, sadly, will have to file multiple complaints to get it fixed.

BTW my game is running well, and at 20M Personal Health, I am pretty well bulletproof. My opponents are all 11.75 Base, 2.95 Drone Bots with mirrored armament.

Happy to hear everything is running well, but hey you paid for it right? I still can't figure out why I'm not being dispatched to the happy hunting ground ... still perplexed about this health thingy and still not convinced they have fixed the sudden death syndrome.
    I just received a message from Customer Care stating that the dev team has formulated a fix (actually a script) and will run the script designed to give all the missing experience points to all level 150 players in a couple of days.

Just in time for the ASSAULT GLOBAL so hold on to your seats boys and girls.

Don't all rejoice at the same time now LOL
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I just received a message from Customer Care stating that the dev team has formulated a fix (actually a script) and will run the script designed to give all the missing experience points to all level 150 players in a couple of days.

Just in time for the ASSAULT GLOBAL so hold on to your seats boys and girls.

Don't all rejoice at the same time now LOL

I got the same notification; I'm waiting...
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Started to wonder since originally I got a message to be prepared for some time to pass before it was fixed, and they added the same message to me a day later.

And, wow, it's a SPECIAL script, not just your run of the mill scripts. I feel so much more optimistic, now!
    Started to wonder since originally I got a message to be prepared for some time to pass before it was fixed, and they added the same message to me a day later.

And, wow, it's a SPECIAL script, not just your run of the mill scripts. I feel so much more optimistic, now!

LMFAO ... yeah it's a special script and it's going to make us all feel warm and fuzzy all over ... SMH
    Wait and see that all you can do my question is are we going to get the gold too or like other time just the level up
    TurkeyBoy wrote: »
    Wait and see that all you can do my question is are we going to get the gold too or like other time just the level up
    Bradr752 wrote above that he received the 50 gold. It remains to be seen if this script done to all level 150 players works the same.
    Bradr752 wrote above that he received the 50 gold. It remains to be seen if this script done to all level 150 players works the same.

I got 50 Gold 5 for each level and I assume that the script will do the same for others. Even if the script doesn't give 5 Gold for the move to 151, you should still get 45 Gold for the remaining levels. With Glu it is impossible to predict.
    I hope they run the script before the global but knowing them they wait till the global and run it to make some of us lose the streak
    I hope they run the script before the global but knowing them they wait till the global and run it to make some of us lose the streak

I think you should apply for GLU management!

Worse still ... it could result in a delay or interruption of the Global. My hope is that this script is run today.
    Over the past 4 week the only time I have lost was because of the game itself
    Here it is 3 day of global still no fix for the level bar
    Here it is 3 day of global still no fix for the level bar

It's coming but what ever you do, stop closing contracts. When you do get the script, you want to have as many open contracts as possible.
    16 out of 20 Elites clan members are now out of Level 150 jail. Roughly 3/4 of IOS players have had their meters fixed.
    That means it could be a week or two befor Amazon get it if it that slow for apple
  • RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Here is a new twist on your level issue: I recently transitioned up levels with a couple of skips. First one took me from 79-91, second jumped me from 100-131. Unfortunately I didn't get to collect the health or gold bonuses but perhaps the health bonus did occur as I am surviving PvP better.

Now if I could avoid the level 150 opponents it would be better as my 7.5 weapons barely scratch them.
    Huggles, Raylina
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Here is a new twist on your level issue: I recently transitioned up levels with a couple of skips. First one took me from 79-91, second jumped me from 100-131. Unfortunately I didn't get to collect the health or gold bonuses but perhaps the health bonus did occur as I am surviving PvP better.

Now if I could avoid the level 150 opponents it would be better as my 7.5 weapons barely scratch them.

Glad to see you still here, I thought we may have lost you. Yes, you probably received the health boost when you upgraded to another tier; check the PLAYER HEALTH component of your base.

So having to start from scratch saved you from this latest GLU fiasco; there's always a positive side for anything. Now's a good time to make up some ground since many will be stuck in the mud for a couple of weeks.

*** SMILES ***
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    RaylinaD wrote: »

Here is a recap for you as to health per level. I had the same jump from 79-91 as you did, but from there since I maxed level 100 out, each time new level was released, I found myself at the maximum again, immediately. Of course, that was until this latest fiasco.

Any way for me, this is how my player health progressed:

Base 17 released, I am still at level 150.
    Player health is at 10.1M and increase by 1.04M per level, increased to 20M at level 160.

Base 16 released, level jumps to 150
    Player health increases to 10.1M

Base 15 released, level jumps to 140
    Player Health increases to 5.099M

Base 14 released, level jumps to 130
    Player health increases to 2.58M

Base 13 released, level jumps to 120
    Player health increase to 1.34M

This is a far as I have, since I have been tracking. The bulk of the player health increases were a result of the level increasing. Upgrading the Base Player Health was only increasing health by 20-25K, per base level increase.

Since you are at atleast level 130, your player health should be around 2.58M, definitely not high enough for level 150 opponents.