Options

Why are some opponents bullet proof?

Anthrax1Anthrax1 Registered Users 1 Posts
While playing pvp I can't kill some of the opponents and end up running out of time. Even opponents who are lower than me. I can shoot them over and over but nothing happens?

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Anthrax1 wrote: »
    While playing pvp I can't kill some of the opponents and end up running out of time. Even opponents who are lower than me. I can shoot them over and over but nothing happens?

Here are some answers from a previous forum post that asked pretty much the same question.
    Why am I unable to damage the primary target in pvp? The only way I can win is to use rocket. My rifle nor my assault gun damages the primary target. The other targets I can eliminate.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    All things being equal, I would agree that the JUGG would be the hardest of all to kill. But when things are not balanced (not all things being equal) some interesting gaming experiences can arise.

The game is really all about numbers; weapons ratings, power ratings, player health, attack power, defense power. The first experience most players encounter in PvP is an inability to win consistently and defeat opponents before either the clock runs out or the player health is depleted.

So let's start with the easiest to explain; grenades and rockets. The power associated with these add-on weapons is directly linked to the opponent's (any opponent) defense power and WILL kill any opponent regardless of defense tier or YOUR weapons strength and can kill multiple opponents if they are in close proximity upon detonation. This is one of the few constants in CKS, but as you've noticed, these come at a price.

Attack Power vs Player Health: this is the most difficult to nail down because of the variables involved. I'll try to explain using LONG range weapons and battles. Your long range weapons are SNIPERS and TESLAS and for arguments sake we'll assume that both of these weapons are fully equipped (advertised rated power) and are going up against a seemingly equal opponent.

The first thing you need to understand is how much damage a single shot can cause. First off when you use a SNIPER rifle we're talking about ONE SHOT, ONE KILL ... hopefully. In theory, if your SNIPER's attack power exceeds your OPPONENTS player health (which is extremely rare, approaching improbable), you will be able to kill your opponent with a single head shot, a body shot has half the effective power than that of a head shot, so always aim for the head.

The TESLA weapon has a unique component named MAX CHARGES, which can be upgraded to a maximum of 10 (as in this example). Think of a single CHARGE as a single SNIPER ROUND, so if I charge my TESLA to the maximum before firing, it's the equivalent of firing 10 simultaneous SNIPER rounds into someone's head ... they're dead. Why people use TESLAS in battle is because of the "perceived" effective power of the weapon ... it's an illusion. What the TESLA does bring to the table is SPEED and in PvP the clock is what you're really competing against; some will explain that the clock is the ONLY thing you're really competing against. The TESLA also has the unique ability of being able to shoot through most obstacles where an opponent might be hiding, whereas the SNIPER requires a clear shot. The TESLA is THE WEAPON of choice for LONG RANGE PvP battles.

Finally, the single most important thing to remember about weapons is their RATING versus their POWER. The "rating" is the highest weighted variable when it comes to locating an opponent; a 12.5 rated weapon should mostly attract TIER 12 defenses, but there's a catch. Not all 12.5 weapons are created equal and not all tier 12 defenses are created equal ... these weapons can, and MUST, be upgraded. A 12.5 weapon is not a 12.5 weapon until it's fully equipped, in fact a 12.5 weapon is only an 11.5 weapon when it's 60% equipped (that's three columns of updates). Unequipped, a 12.5 weapon is effectively a 10.5 weapon that is fully equipped ... GLU TRAP LURE #1 ... you cannot win vs a BASE DEFENSE that is 2 full ratings higher than your weapon(s).

Put another way, in order to defeat a TIER 12 BASE, without an upgraded weapon, you would need a 14.5 rated weapon. but if you have a 14.5 rated weapon, you'll attract TIER 14 defenses and rarely see a TIER 12 BASE ... GLU TRAP LURE #2.

Starting to get the picture? Experienced players refer to this phenomenon as the "Weapons Upgrade Treadmill" ... you'll be marginally successful at best.

So how do you escape from this endless cycle? BUY and SPEND GOLD ... you are now officially "trapped".

You've just received the benefit of the first 2-3 months of my gaming experience in a single forum post; I suggest you exploit it to the fullest.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Anthrax1 wrote: »

If you go back and look at your battle log, you will see that there are a lot of high level players with lower level bases. I have encountered many level 150 players at tier 7 or 8 bases. As the game uses their base/weapon numbers to pair you up with, those players can throw curves into the metrics.

A rocket or grenade is the only answer until you are strong enough to survive having a level 10 weapon.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I am playing on the IOS platform and my battle log does not let me look at the players right now. I sure hope that they fix it and clan chat real soon.