Possible IOS Update

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
From the Handles post, (See Clan Wars Update thread), it would appear that this is not the long awaited "upgrade", but simply the Clan Wars content, which Handles had told us previously would be delayed until after the release of the upgrade itself. I guess we will see tomorrow.
Prev1

Comments

• bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    From the Handles post, (See Clan Wars Update thread), it would appear that this is not the long awaited "upgrade", but simply the Clan Wars content, which Handles had told us previously would be delayed until after the release of the upgrade itself. I guess we will see tomorrow.

At least customer service are saying that the issues will be fixed with the release...

2cfty1c.jpg
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts

Another example of GLU's "circular reasoning" I suppose *** SMILES *** Who's on first?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    IOS has had "Server maintenance" as scheduled beginning at 3 AM PST.
    IOS has had "Server maintenance" as scheduled beginning at 3 AM PST.

Let us know when the maintenance has completed please. GLU is learning ... off hours maintenance, what a concept **SMILES** So we're looking at 6 AM - 12 Noon EST, not bad at all.

If it's the Clan Wars update, we may not know much about it for another two days.
    The iTunes App store is still listing Version 3.1.1 as the current version.
    The iTunes App store is still listing Version 3.1.1 as the current version.

That's OK since that's not what they're updating right?
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    That's OK since that's not what they're updating right?

It is certainly an indication that this is not a global "fix", but simply the latest iteration of the fundamental Glu principle of tacking new features onto a broken game.

This seems to be a total reversal of Handle's 11/17 Post, reposted here:

"Attention Agents!

The team wanted to update you all about reported performance and connectivity issues that some of you have been experiencing. We have been thoroughly investigating these issues to make sure we find the causes and create suitable fixes for them.

Since we are making these fixes a priority to create a better quality of gameplay and overall experience, this may cause a delay in the Clan Wars update.

We thank you for you patience in these matters and we hope to bring you the best game play experience we can!"
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    It sure would be great if it also included the network fixes promised! Holding my breath...
    try_again wrote: »
    It sure would be great if it also included the network fixes promised! Holding my breath...

Breathe man breathe ...
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Breathe man breathe ...

Turning blue... starting to get dizzy...

Oh wait, this is for iOS - then Google, I'll be lucky to see it next week, or ever. Long gasp.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I received a Customer Care response, last night, to a ticket that I send in complaining about the missing movement arrows, again, in the SR battle. The response was "The dev team says to wait a few days and CKS 4.0 will be out."
    CKS 4.0.0 is now available in the App store for downloading, but we still can not log into the game (10:45 AM PST).
    OK Gents ... it's been 12 hours, how are we doing? Longest maintenance cycle ever; something has gone wrong. Uh oh.
    OK Gents ... it's been 12 hours, how are we doing? Longest maintenance cycle ever; something has gone wrong. Uh oh.

No matter how low my expectations for Glu are, they still always manage to underwhelm me.
    No matter how low my expectations for Glu are, they still always manage to underwhelm me.

After almost a year of the GLU Factory and it's missteps, I've learned to expect ZERO from them ... absolutely nothing. That way I can never be disappointed.

There is one thing I'm disappointed about ... 100 GOLD MILESTONE that I'm going to be robbed of.

*** SMILES ***

Hang in there.
    IOS now back up. Drone weapons pages has been fixed. More later.
    What was wrong with drone weapons pages?
    Here are some features of the upgrade: Drone weapons pages have been fixed, all identical parts are combined into a single icon. You can customize your appearance, you can change your name (20 gold) No new region no new Drone levels, no new tier. A clan season will begin tonight at midnight, more on that later. A clan war log has been created. The store adds Clan maps and unique items (spins). Existing Clan ranks have been maintained, but the Clan tab adds Clan base, Clan war and Season tabs. Other than being able to change names, the PVP tab is identical. No changes to campaign tab.
    Here are some features of the upgrade: Drone weapons pages have been fixed, all identical parts are combined into a single icon. You can customize your appearance, you can change your name (20 gold) No new region no new Drone levels, no new tier. A clan season will begin tonight at midnight, more on that later. A clan war log has been created. The store adds Clan maps and unique items (spins). Existing Clan ranks have been maintained, but the Clan tab adds Clan base, Clan war and Season tabs. Other than being able to change names, the PVP tab is identical. No changes to campaign tab.

Finally after 7 months, they have collapsed like drone weapons parts ... there are miracles. With 10,000 parts, that ALONE is worth the price of admission. Does that also include denomination (i.e. 410K, 510K, 740K) in addition to type RL, MG, SG, HR?

Ooh Rah !!!

I'm fine with the name SCORPION, but can I now add a photo? That was a request I submitted back in March LOL
    Here is what the Drone Weapon upgrade page looks like now.

inu928.jpg

The great thing is that it now loads immediately
    For those who want a named change It costs 20 Gold.

r0wfoo.jpg
    Finally after 7 months, they have collapsed like drone weapons parts ... there are miracles. With 10,000 parts, that ALONE is worth the price of admission. Does that also include denomination (i.e. 410K, 510K, 740K) in addition to type RL, MG, SG, HR?

Ooh Rah !!!

I'm fine with the name SCORPION, but can I now add a photo? That was a request I submitted back in March LOL

I may become TOOBAD
    F-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c
    Now some serious bugs: numerous resyncs, restarts, unable to access other players profiles, profiles in the clan not right, very unstable.
    The hell you say?
    The hell you say?

I was shocked as well.
    Now some serious bugs: numerous resyncs, restarts, unable to access other players profiles, profiles in the clan not right, very unstable.

Only played with it for a little over an hour, but my initial take was PVP seemed to have a bit less lag than before the update. The targeting appeared to be a little more smooth, not perfect mind you, but better. I am currently using an iPad Mini 3 that was starting to have a video drag that was becoming unacceptable.

So far, no connection errors have been experienced.

Still trying to figure out the new clan donation system, but my first thought is it is rather expensive. More when I get back home. Currently teaching a Network+ class.
  • RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts

Has anyone noticed that the revenge button is missing? I understand that for most of you it is unimportant, but at the lower levels it provides a PvP match at no cost, is usually easy to win and if you plan it right you get a maximum vault.

At least I'm not out any tokens because I don't have any, but I'll be tracking the diamonds over the next few days.

I also question what this update means to the clanless players...
    Huggles, Raylina
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the revenge button is missing? I understand that for most of you it is unimportant, but at the lower levels it provides a PvP match at no cost, is usually easy to win and if you plan it right you get a maximum vault.

At least I'm not out any tokens because I don't have any, but I'll be tracking the diamonds over the next few days.

I also question what this update means to the clanless players...

What are the tokens to which you are referring?

In short (for the most part) if you don't belong to a CLAN then the update doesn't mean much.
  • RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    What are the tokens to which you are referring?

In short (for the most part) if you don't belong to a CLAN then the update doesn't mean much.

I've figured out that the tokens are only for the clans.
    Huggles, Raylina