Options

Handles, can you have someone explain why accounts get lost?

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
First off, I'm in the Amazon group, since I'm pretty sure that affects what options are available.

Since release of the FaceBook update, some members of my clan, ComeGetSome, have lost access to their accounts. By talking about the issue in global chat, I've verified that we're not alone in this experience, so I'm trying to figure out why the problem persists.

Our most recent casualty was a member named RiskyBeret. Her kindle died and would no longer charge, so she sent it to Amazon and they replaced it. She was unable to reload her account, so contacted Customer Support, but was told she'd have to start over again. Her new account's name is RiskyB.

When I go to the home screen > social button > all-time leaderboard tab > and search for riskyberet, I see that some account data exists. I can see her level, vp, primary and secondary guns (and their powers), drone and base. I don't see her drone components or gold, but why can't customer support at least transfer those stats and items to her new account?

It doesn't make sense to me that they can't provide any help to her. Additionally, I thought that gamecircle and logging into FaceBook was supposed to provide backup and restore capability; am I incorrect about that?

This is one of the biggest issues I have with CK:S; it's free to play, but many people invest not only a lot of time in building up a player, but real money to buy gold to advance faster. To be told that you have nothing after that investment is fundamentally unjust.

If it's possible to backup/restore accounts or port them to new devices, please tell us what we need to do to protect our accounts.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    First let me say that I am truly sorry players are losing their game progress data and told to start over. If it happened to me I can safely say I would walk away from the game entirely.

Based on posts from other players, this isn't an Amazon exclusive issue. Players across all platforms suffer this type of loss and from what I know about how the game works internally, the loss is clearly on the GLU servers. What triggers this to happen is a mystery.

I really wish I could offer some sort of help in this regard, but I am at a complete loss.

Sorry ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I heard on clan chat that someone is working on her issue now; I don't know if it's Glu or Amazon, but she should know one way or another within a couple days.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Riskey said on Facebook that she is getting a response from Glu's Customer Care that they are looking into transferring her account . Then in Clan Chat she said she'd find out in 3 (now 2) days.

I would think it is an Amazon issue since Kindle is backed up by Amazon's Game Center, but since the programming is all GLU, we will see.