Options

Clan Wars

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
I am starting a new thread hoping that players will post information about how Clan Wars works, because I don't have a clue right now.
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I am starting a new thread hoping that players will post information about how Clan Wars works, because I don't have a clue right now.

I question how this change will effect the clanless players.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »

Great question Raylina.
  • Options
    Here are the few things I know so far: The upgraded Clan tab has five sub-tabs: Overview and Members, which are the same as before, Clan Base, Clan War and Season tabs.

The Clan Base contains a roster of clan members plus a base map which includes 12 hexagonal icons of Clan members. These members defend the clan aganst attack. Their is an "Edit Clan Base: button which allows you to reconfigure the arrangement and membership of that array. Opponents score clan points by taking out your array. The Clan Leader and Officers are higher value targets.

I currently have no info on Clan Wars or Seasons, but the first Season starts tonight at midnight PST on IOS.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts

Make your device run slower for starters. LOL

I would think that if you don't belong to a CLAN then CKS 4.0 (CLAN WARS) doesn't mean much to you. There will be an increased demand on available system resources during CLAN/GLOBAL Events however, along with a host of newly created bugs (customized for Raylina Darkstone).

**SMILES**

When I **gulp** receive the update, I'll be able to quantify the increased resource requirement demanded of our devices.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    andrewhtfandrewhtf Registered Users 8 Posts

i'd like to know too, since my clan name is CLANLESS.

trolololol
  • Options
    It's 06:27 AM EST and the update (using GLU's published schedule) is long overdue.

With all the new bugs that have been introduced, it would be prudent to postpone this dance, but this is GLU we're talking about.

TRS is still active and on track for 3 straight Global/League successes; if anyone is interested.

No Such Luck ... SERVER MAINTENANCE has started @ 06:30 AM EST

C'est La Vie

*** SMH ***
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Prudence? You want prudence?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE PRUDENCE! (from A Few Good Men).

Amazon is also now off the clock waiting too for more bugs to pile on the bug pile.
  • Options
    Funny ... anyways, see you on the other side my friend.
  • Options
    IOS has server maintenance AGAIN this morning
  • Options
    IOS has server maintenance AGAIN this morning

Well at least they're trying man ... never ceases to amaze how God awful these guys are at new releases. Even if the code were complete linguini, you'd think they would know how to work around it by now ... JEEZ
  • Options
    IOS servers up and running. The skinny on Clan Wars is that it looks to be pretty lame, no surprise there. Clan "Season #1" lasts 6 days, Individual "Clan Wars" last 1:59 and a schedule is posted in advance for today and tomorrow. You attack the first opponent you get and then work your way through. Contests are pretty easy so far, since Clan Bases are weak. I do not believe you can pick which Clan you attack. I have my first Clan war coming in 26 minutes, so I will update after that.

So far, I am not impressed.
  • Options
    IOS servers up and running. The skinny on Clan Wars is that it looks to be pretty lame, no surprise there. Clan "Season #1" lasts 6 days, Individual "Clan Wars" last 1:59 and a schedule is posted in advance for today and tomorrow. You attack the first opponent you get and then work your way through. Contests are pretty easy so far, since Clan Bases are weak. I do not believe you can pick which Clan you attack. I have my first Clan war coming in 26 minutes, so I will update after that.

So far, I am not impressed.

Yeah alright ... so what's the reward? and please don't tell me after all the new bugs they've introduced, that the rewards are meager. Tell me there's drone parts, 1M diamonds, GOLD, anything in the pot at the end of the rainbow?

One thing I was wondering is if all Clan Members are following the same exact map?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Yeah alright ... so what's the reward? and please don't tell me after all the new bugs they've introduced, that the rewards are meager. Tell me there's drone parts, 1M diamonds, GOLD, anything in the pot at the end of the rainbow?

Scorpion, you are doing it for the Glory. And for hokey Clan Tokens which you can use to get special Clan upgrades. No diamonds, no gold, no XP modules, no Drone weapons. Sorry.
  • Options
    Scorpion, you are doing it for the Glory. And for hokey Clan Tokens which you can use to get special Clan upgrades. No diamonds, no gold, no XP modules, no Drone weapons. Sorry.

Glory sucks wind ... Bah Humbug.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    All right, I survived the first Clan war. You are only allowed only three battles, and it doesn't use any energy credits. You win VP and Clan coins. The battles are very easy and the Clan may well be a bot clan. The schedule of upcoming Clan wars is as "Clan War Schedule" in the Clan overview tab and the post times are UTC (GMT).
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    All right, I survived the first Clan war. You are only allowed only three battles, and it doesn't use any energy credits. You win VP and Clan coins. The battles are very easy and the Clan may well be a bot clan. The schedule of upcoming Clan wars is as "Clan War Schedule" in the Clan overview tab and the post times are UTC (GMT).

So what happens? The clan leader picks a time, in my case, I see current time 02:38PM and the box in front of 10:00Pm to 11:59PM is filled in in yellow. Does that mean that my clan is scheduled to battle in that 2 hour window?
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    So what happens? The clan leader picks a time, in my case, I see current time 02:38PM and the box in front of 10:00Pm to 11:59PM is filled in in yellow. Does that mean that my clan is scheduled to battle in that 2 hour window?

That is right. At the appointed time the Clan war tab will provide opponents. Each clan member gets 3 battles until they have won the war. Our Clan hit the 200 point win mark in 5 minutes. that is the end of the battle.

You can find the schedule for a couple of days in the overview window. I don't think that the Clan can pick the times, I think Glu does that.
  • Options
    The remaining question is a big one: Has Clan wars replaced the Clan Global competition? The current Clan "Season" goes for 6 days, so it would make sense to abandon the Clan Global, but since when does anything about this game make sense?
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    So, how does Glu make money on this? I guess you can buy Clan Tokens?

So 5 minutes, and done...somehow, I'm not satisfied now? Was it good for you? (sorry ignore my sophmoric humor.)

I guess the difficulty, length will increase. 200 clan points / 3 battles per hour/ 20 clan players. How are the battle points calculated?
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    So, how does Glu make money on this? I guess you can buy Clan Tokens?

So 5 minutes, and done...somehow, I'm not satisfied now? Was it good for you? (sorry ignore my sophmoric humor.)

I guess the difficulty, length will increase. 200 clan points / 3 battles per hour/ 20 clan players. How are the battle points calculated?

Battle points are calculated on wins, but beating Clan officers and the Clan Leader carry more points than beating Clan members.
  • Options
    The remaining question is a big one: Has Clan wars replaced the Clan Global competition? The current Clan "Season" goes for 6 days, so it would make sense to abandon the Clan Global, but since when does anything about this game make sense?

Well, since the Clan Global competion is tracked in the PVP tab, I would assume that it could still run as normal. But, then we all know what assume means.
  • Options
    Well, since the Clan Global competion is tracked in the PVP tab, I would assume that it could still run as normal. But, then we all know what assume means.

Clan Globals have been a huge money maker for Glu, since it is Clan competition that drives the high scores. I have to think that they will not give that up.
  • Options
    Clan Globals have been a huge money maker for Glu, since it is Clan competition that drives the high scores. I have to think that they will not give that up.

The last two Globals #1 AT (ORLIK) and #3 AT (MARAT) have been absent and the RUSSIANS are suffering without replacements ... maybe it's time to defect to CHINA.

But I want to give Clan Wars a spin even if we don't have a leader right now.

Just about 4.5 hours and the Google Play servers are still "maintaining".

LMAO
  • Options
    There is at least one more element of Clan Wars to be sorted out: The Clan prizes for Ranking in the Season consists of "Map Parts." I have no idea what the map is for or how it fits into gameplay, but First Clan get 50 Parts down to Ranks 301 to 100,000 who receive 1 Map part. I assume that this will become clear later.
  • Options
    Maybe since the map consists of inter-connected hexagons, with strategic Clan Members placed atop, you need the completed map to locate and assassinate those key Clan Members (opponents)? These would most likely be the toughest battles.

Just guessing since I haven't even eyeballed the d.a.m.n thing yet **SMILES**

More than 5 hours into maintenance, should be back up soon ...

OK a full 6 hours of maintenance and not back up yet ...
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Make your device run slower for starters. LOL

I would think that if you don't belong to a CLAN then CKS 4.0 (CLAN WARS) doesn't mean much to you. There will be an increased demand on available system resources during CLAN/GLOBAL Events however, along with a host of newly created bugs (customized for Raylina Darkstone).

**SMILES**

When I **gulp** receive the update, I'll be able to quantify the increased resource requirement demanded of our devices.

I'm honored that I rate such noteworthy attention. However many of the new updates and fixes will get to happen without me as I am taking a sabbatical for a few weeks over these holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year at all.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Maybe since the map consists of inter-connected hexagons, with strategic Clan Members placed atop, you need the completed map to locate and assassinate those key Clan Members (opponents)? These would most likely be the toughest battles.

Just guessing since I haven't even eyeballed the d.a.m.n thing yet **SMILES**

More than 5 hours into maintenance, should be back up soon ...

OK a full 6 hours of maintenance and not back up yet ...

For IOS yesterday, the maintenance started at 2:00AM, and at around 10:00AM, Handles posted that it was completed. However, it was around 1PM, before I was able to log in. 11 hours of downtime.
  • Options
    There is at least one more element of Clan Wars to be sorted out: The Clan prizes for Ranking in the Season consists of "Map Parts." I have no idea what the map is for or how it fits into gameplay, but First Clan get 50 Parts down to Ranks 301 to 100,000 who receive 1 Map part. I assume that this will become clear later.

Right now my clan is in 92nd place with 1200 tokens. Rank #13 has 1200 tokens, so for the first war, so far everybody is bunched up.
  • Options
    For IOS yesterday, the maintenance started at 2:00AM, and at around 10:00AM, Handles posted that it was completed. However, it was around 1PM, before I was able to log in. 11 hours of downtime.

Thanks ... so I'm looking at 6 PM EST at the earliest; another 5-6 hours at least ... JEEZ LOUISE ... it is what it is and I should be back home by then. All I can do is grab the remaining parts (hopefully I'll actually collect) and grab some fuses; the GOLD MILESTONE is lost at this point.
  • Options
    Thanks ... so I'm looking at 6 PM EST at the earliest; another 5-6 hours at least ... JEEZ LOUISE ... it is what it is.

Could be. But maybe what ever the problem was for the last 3 hours or so, were isolated to the IOS servers. Nah, you probably won't be that lucky, lol