Handles: Siver League SNIPER Parts Not Awarded After Update

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
Handles,

I just finished in 6th place in today's Silver League. I should have been awarded 12 CASSOWARY SNIPER parts. So far, I did not receive the 6th place finish confirmation screen or the 12 SNIPER parts. How many other players had the same problem?
Prev1

Comments

• andrewhtfandrewhtf Registered Users 8 Posts
    me too. won 2nd place in silver but nothing received.

in global chat there are others who said the same.

sent a message via Customer Care in the game, yet to receive any reply too.
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    Handles,

I just finished in 6th place in today's Silver League. I should have been awarded 12 CASSOWARY SNIPER parts. So far, I did not receive the 6th place finish confirmation screen or the 12 SNIPER parts. How many other players had the same problem?

I don't know anyone that got their parts... At least it seems consistent...
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I can see that the new bugs are starting to surface. We're scheduled to get the update in 16 minutes; I'm NOT looking forward to it. It's time for target practice.

GLU is batting 1.000 when it comes to troublesome upgrades, lack of "old" bug fixes and creating more "new" bugs and in THAT regard, they are extremely consistent.

I haven't seen a new release yet that works, yet we chomp at the bit to get them.

We ARE a bunch of sick puppies, that much is certain.

With any foresight at all, GLU would delay "pushing" upgrades for the masses until they work out these annoying bugs.

2 minutes and counting ...
    1 minute ...
    It's time ...
    +1 minute and SL Day #3 is still active ...
    +5 minutes ... no update ... I'll keep you posted.

SERVER MAINTENANCE has started @ 06:30 AM EST

C'est La Vie ... I'll see you on the other side my friends.

*** SMH ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    Handles,

Not sure what the server maintenance (that just took place) was meant to fix. At least not the missing parts... They are still missing
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    bys wrote: »
    Not sure what the server maintenance (that just took place) was meant to fix. At least not the missing parts... They are still missing

Do you mean to say it's over (the 2nd time) already? Now that gives me a warm and fuzzy.

Could have been a quick fix for something they already knew about. They won't even know about the missing parts for at least another 3-4 hours or so; hang in there.

This is what I hate about new releases; it takes weeks of trial and error to get it to a point that's stable and they haven't really "fixed" anything (persistent bugs) at all in the process. Makes you wonder eh?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Yeah, maybe just a reoccuring bug - I didn't get any final parts for my 16.5x Tesla (Chronas?). This was on 2 acccounts, neither got the last day that both needed to craft the weapon. But with their server hammering, more likely their doing.

Response from GLU was to read the faq - so helpful. Sent them a screenshot of the 45 parts earned, guess I need to send them the screenshot at 3am of my standing in the final day? - Being fecicious, no way I'm getting up at 3am!
    YEP we've all been screwed out of weapons parts either directly or by cancelling events outright, all due to a "new release" or supposed bug fixes. In all cases the parts were casualties or collateral damage of the upgrading process and were never recovered.

Maybe we'll get lucky this time around. I Presently have 40 parts for a weapon I don't need and would like to complete DAY #3 for TOOBAD's sake. I had 26 VP before the SERVER MAINTENANCE kicked in.

The original TOOBAD strategy was immune to such GLU miscues however. TRS on the other hand requires a "predictable and reliable" event schedule, which up until today was going pretty well.

I guess it was only a matter of time.
  • R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    Me too, first day I was on 10th place yesterday on 1 10 minutes before end, I want it second or third place, and I don't have screen shoots, so most likely I won't get the parts. But I hope that tomorrow be a VIP that way I can get a the rest of parts for the stallion..if available.
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    Me too, first day I was on 10th place yesterday on 1 10 minutes before end, I want it second or third place, and I don't have screen shoots, so most likely I won't get the parts. But I hope that tomorrow be a VIP that way I can get a the rest of parts for the stallion..if available.

You'll be able to complete the STALLION with no problem. GLU appears to have designated it the featured VIP SNIPER weapon, so that means it could be up there for months; at least until TIER 18.

The problem is with CKS 4.0, will these upcoming events start / complete without a hitch (glitch)?
  • andrewhtfandrewhtf Registered Users 8 Posts
    Oh i guess i'll just consider this a goner. Rather than spending gold to buy turns to compete for places, it is more worthwhile to buy off a weapon outright.
    andrewhtf wrote: »
    Oh i guess i'll just consider this a goner. Rather than spending gold to buy turns to compete for places, it is more worthwhile to buy off a weapon outright.

There are times when it's easier to buy these weapons, especially SNIPER rifles. Periodically there will be sales where you can grab one for in game cash. The thing to remember is that you'll need a SNIPER equal to the prevailing TIER to be able to progress through all campaign contracts WITHOUT needing to upgrade the weapon.

For example, a 17.0 SNIPER @ TIER 17 or 18.0 SNIPER @ TIER 18. So depending on where you are, look for the appropriate weapon.

Definitely stay away from the "Wheel of Fortune" ... this is a last resort and only for the truly desperate.
  • ddd33ddd33 Registered Users 35 Posts
    was fighting to stay in top ten for silver parts right up until 2am . As I finish last battle it said I had taken 6th but haven't seen if I got parts because I didn't hit ok as I wasn't ready to start next days contest. Wanted to sleep. Hopefully I got the parts and hopefully there is a contest today since I still need 8 to finish gun. Server still down 11:19 am central time.
    ddd33 wrote: »
    was fighting to stay in top ten for silver parts right up until 2am . As I finish last battle it said I had taken 6th but haven't seen if I got parts because I didn't hit ok as I wasn't ready to start next days contest. Wanted to sleep. Hopefully I got the parts and hopefully there is a contest today since I still need 8 to finish gun. Server still down 11:19 am central time.

I'm sure the parts are in your "craft" repository. Going forward hitting the OK button is fine; nobody is holding a gun to your head making you start the next contest ***SMILES***

The problem here is related to today's event ... will you get the parts after you complete the interrupted league event.

In your case, I think you're GOLDEN because you never actually started the event (thank your sleepiness for that).

LOL
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Handles,

Got an update:

The parts were awarded there was just no message because of the update. The parts were just placed in your inventories.
    Handles wrote: »
    Got an update:

The parts were awarded there was just no message because of the update. The parts were just placed in your inventories.

This is not correct. I should have 40 parts but it still only says 30.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Got an update:

The same with me, I should have 42 parts and I only show 30.

Thank you for trying to help us with this issue.
  • RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    The same with me, I should have 42 parts and I only show 30.

Thank you for trying to help us with this issue.

I must also voice agreement. I figured that I should have finished around 12th in my league which would have awarded me 3 grenades. Not in the inventory.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I know this is going to sound harsh, but the League system has been broken for months now. Nobody has won a weapon that they could use in 6 months. Glu is arrogantly indifferent to awarding parts every week. If your plan is to win parts in league play, you will be frustrated over and over again. No reason to post complaints if Glu screwed you out of parts to craft a weapon, of course they did. Build a strategy that doesn't require Glu to do what they promised, and don't bother to post if they don't, we already know that. I have a long list of weapons that Glu screwed me out of. None of them will win me a PVP. Let's move on.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound harsh, but the League system has been broken for months now. Nobody has won a weapon that they could use in 6 months. Glu is arrogantly indifferent to awarding parts every week. If your plan is to win parts in league play, you will be frustrated over and over again. No reason to post complaints if Glu screwed you out of parts to craft a weapon, of course they did. Build a strategy that doesn't require Glu to do what they promised, and don't bother to post if they don't, we already know that. I have a long list of weapons that Glu screwed me out of. None of them will win me a PVP. Let's move on.

Or you don't bother to post when you have nothing to add to the subject. Move on bradr.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    Have a little compassion Brother Brad.

Although the strategy we developed back in July was no secret to anyone, the vast majority of the 100,000 registered players in CKS compete for "parts of a weapon", this is the straw that breaks the backs of these players. Unless GLU can demonstrate (and I mean soon, like YESTERDAY) that the lost parts were a one time occurrence (collateral damage, if you will, from the 4.0 upgrade) and that it will NEVER happen again, then what's the point of playing at all and effectively wasting 96 hours of your life?

This is how these players feel and many, for good reason, are not going to spend hundreds (even thousands) of dollars to work around a feature that should either be fixed OR eliminated.

While I agree with you in principal, we must realize that we are in the minority. Empathy goes a long way in this regard. I've invested an entire month of MY time to developing the TOOBAD RELOADED strategy ... something that I will personally never use on a regular basis. Why? Because I can and because it's the right thing to do.

Let us not lose sight of why this forum exists. While bragging "see what I did" is human nature, most players come here for help in resolving problems that GLU has created, directly and/or deliberately.

The best we can offer is the benefit of our experience. Anything less would be insensitive and selfish.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the gap between Global acquired weapons and VIP acquired weapons is shrinking. From 2-3 notches above defensive tier to only a single level.
    Heard last night from 2 clansman (ooh, that sounds bad?) that they LOST their earned 50 parts ready to be crafted sniper!

Speaking of this, Jr. forgot to check his CASSOWARY to see if it got pilfered. First thing after work...
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I was in the IOS Gold League playing for the Sawfish 17.5 Heavy, 14.75M/22.5M. I finished 8th on Monday and received 10 Parts, finished 4th on Tuesday, should have received 12 Parts, but got zero, finished 7th on Wednesday, should have got 12 Parts, received zero. Total earned: 34 parts Total received: 10 Parts.

Oh well.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I was in the IOS Gold League playing for the Sawfish 17.5 Heavy, 14.75M/22.5M. I finished 8th on Monday and received 10 Parts, finished 4th on Tuesday, should have received 12 Parts, but got zero, finished 7th on Wednesday, should have got 12 Parts, received zero. Total earned: 34 parts Total received: 10 Parts.

Oh well.

Clearly, this is NOT a one-time occurrence and has been happening with each LEAGUE EVENT since the upgrade, so now the pattern begins to emerge. How bad is this problem? We'll know by the conclusion of this Global Event.

My advice to these players, is to compete if you must, but beware you may not receive your parts. Therefore using $$$ is completely OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I feel another LARGER boycott coming ...
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Clearly, this is NOT a one-time occurrence and has been happening with each LEAGUE EVENT since the upgrade, so now the pattern begins to emerge. How bad is this problem? We'll know by the conclusion of this Global Event.

My advice to these players, is to compete if you must, but beware you may not receive your parts. Therefore using $$$ is completely OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I feel another LARGER boycott coming ...

Or, as you've suggested, a mass exodus. When a player sees 50 parts ready to be crafted one day, and the next, it's no longer able to craft, plus restarts, and more broken streakes in the making, the thief has stolen the reason to play the game.
    I have been unable to find out if I got my parts and still don't know. I have been trying to get back into the game since 5am yesterday and got the server update opening until about 9:30pm last night. Needing 8 parts (or so I think based on finishes) I wanted to get back on as soon as possible to see if I could win ten more to finish gun. However, I am still trying to get in as of right now. I finally got a screen that said an upgrade was required to continue in cks but then I keep getting a play store page that says check your connection and try again. I have been trying since last night at two different locations. I have wifi, the internet works on the tablet but no matter how many times i shut off tablet or wifi and try again I get the same thing.
    ddd33 wrote: »
    I have been unable to find out if I got my parts and still don't know. I have been trying to get back into the game since 5am yesterday and got the server update opening until about 9:30pm last night. Needing 8 parts (or so I think based on finishes) I wanted to get back on as soon as possible to see if I could win ten more to finish gun. However, I am still trying to get in as of right now. I finally got a screen that said an upgrade was required to continue in cks but then I keep getting a play store page that says check your connection and try again. I have been trying since last night at two different locations. I have wifi, the internet works on the tablet but no matter how many times i shut off tablet or wifi and try again I get the same thing.

Assuming you're Google Play, you need to go to http://play.google.com and search for Contract Killer: Sniper and update the app manually; there are times the automatic update fails for some reason.

Any link that GLU might provide is not reliable.
    I just wanted to mention, for the benefit of those who aren't aware of the history of new releases, that not receiving weapons parts when these upgrades occur, is NOT a new phenomenon.

Usually GLU would outright cancel an Event (Global OR League), more often without prior notice. The ultimate result is the same, you're left without enough parts to complete the weapon. I guess they have learned from those experiences. Why should we cancel the EVENT(s) and lose those $$$ even though we know that we can't reward our customers for their efforts?

When I first learned that an updated release was on it's way, My advice was to turn your device OFF and observe for a day or two.

Of course this would be drastic advice to consider under most circumstances, but this is the culture that GLU has spawned.

The latest spin on this problem has the fingerprint of "any event in which parts would have been awarded BEFORE the release of CKS 4.0, will result in those parts being denied afterwards". To further aggravate the situation, there have been instances where entire inventories of parts for a particular weapon just mysteriously disappeared.

GLU ... It's bad enough when you fail to reward players with prizes YOU promised, but when you start to "raid" players' inventories of existing parts ... enough said.

I suppose I've never fully recovered from the BASTET fiasco *** SMILES *** Memorial Day Weekend; the timeframe that the current drone was also introduced. SMH
    All I can say to Glu is fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

I got their ticket, now. "Read the faq."
    Thanks amsoft you have been a help for me again. I'm at least in to bad I lost yesterday. That is the fourth weapon I have not finished because of server issue that cost me Wednesdays contest. Oh well I have never spent a penny on the game so at least I am not out any real money just a crud load of my time. 26000+pv and counting not bad for free play. Quick question, did the free health and energies stop coming to everyone recently or just me. Haven't seen one in awhile.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    This is not correct. I should have 40 parts but it still only says 30.

I am reporting this to the team again, obviously there was a mistake.