Possible IOS Update

2Next

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Update on the IOS upgrade: While a few players are still having freeze ups and restarts, most are reporting improved video and less trouble over all, other than a New Content Update I have had no restarts today.

As a side note, I believe that the opponents are easier after the upgrade. This may simply be a function of improved video, but several players have observed easier play since the upgrade.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Good analysis and reporting. Smoother video and less dropped frames would definitely result in a target that is actually in your sights as opposed to moving away resulting in an "easier" kill. When you think about it, killing during choppy video is like shooting at a moving target during a severe thunderstorm ... when the weather calms down, the enemies die ... Ooh Rah.

Approaching 9 hours of maintenance.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the revenge button is missing? I understand that for most of you it is unimportant, but at the lower levels it provides a PvP match at no cost, is usually easy to win and if you plan it right you get a maximum vault.

At least I'm not out any tokens because I don't have any, but I'll be tracking the diamonds over the next few days.

I also question what this update means to the clanless players...

Yes the revenge button was lost, but it will be put back.
  • mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    Free energy for watching the video is not being delivered again too on IOS
    Clan chat is back on IOS and it doesn't cost 5 Gold.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Since when did chat cost anything? Was that one of the earlier bugs?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Since when did chat cost anything? Was that one of the earlier bugs?

Yes the upgrade began to charge 5 Gold for Clan chat and as you can imagine, there were some negative repercussions to that. They then withdrew the 5 Gold charge, but clan chat ceased to work completely. Now it appears to be fixed. In short more of the same from Glu.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    So that was Handles's reply as to clan chat fixed, wow. Guess thanks go to iOS for doing some shake out.
    try_again wrote: »
    So that was Handles's reply as to clan chat fixed, wow. Guess thanks go to iOS for doing some shake out.

Clan chat is now fixed, free, and the messages stay up permanently.