Clan Wars

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Quick question, I assume you were sent to the Apple Store for the download once the servers came back up?

Asking because the reason I picked the handle try_again was during the rollout of 2.0. The servers kept sending me to Amazon App store for the download they didn't have. Thought I'd get a jump on the update and downloaded it from Google Play who did have it. Boy, was that a learning situation! Two weeks later, CC told me how to get my account back.

So with two sets of servers to update at the same time, can they do it as fast as they did for iOS? Hmm...
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    OK so we're at 10 hours of maintenance. CKS 4.0 is not as yet available on Google Play.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    I am back on-line! But, I would not recommend others to do it until the server maintenance directs you to do so!

First 3 PVP were high payouts for me, and everything is smooth so far.
    Good to know ... 12 hours and counting, I am gonna check now.

NOPE 12.5 hours of maintenance.

So how does the server maintenance tell you to go online without you trying to go online?
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Good to know ... 12 hours and counting, I am gonna check now.

NOPE 12.5 hours of maintenance.

So how does the server maintenance tell you to go online without you trying to go online?

On IOS, you have to just keep checking the App Store for the update and keep banging the restart button.

IOS just had another Server Maintenance but it lasted only 10 minutes. Back up now.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    On IOS, you have to just keep checking the App Store for the update and keep banging the restart button.

IOS just had another Server Maintenance but it lasted only 10 minutes. Back up now.

OK so here's where I am ... the server maintenance notification isn't there anymore, now just connection errors which is to be expected since I'm still using the old app. The Google Play Store still has the old version so it must still be working on something ... who knows what.

14 hours so far ... funny thing is at this rate I might pick up weapons parts with only 26 VP.

FINALLY JEEZ

All systems check out @ 09:37 PM EST ... RANK #2 with 28 VP ... I'm hitting the sack
    I was checking the Amazon App Store web page on a computer, and when it changed from 3.1.1 to 4.0 (about 6:30pm est), tried the CKS restart, but still said server maintenance, so went to tablet Amazon app, and the only option was to open the old app.

So, I uninstalled the app, and re-installed the 4.0 version. Somewhat riskey.

On Jr's tablet, I took the safer route. Amazon App, goto menu (3 dots), My Apps, Updates Tab, hit refresh, then the CKS app should show up. This is all moot by now, Amazon App needs some time to auto refresh and show a notice that CKS needs to be updated by usual methods. I just wanted to get on ASAP.
    So, not being able to play the battle today, can you give some general (unclassified) strategy to Clan Wars?

I see the home page of Clan - the button to donate diamonds and cash, what does that accomplish?

How should one set up their base map to protect the leader and officers?

Is there a clan drone that can be upgraded with the players provided parts, and what's involved?

The cryptic pic Handles gave for a guide is if nothing else than a teaser. There's gotta be a reason I'm still playing this game, if Clan Global Events are now gone?
    try_again wrote: »
    So, not being able to play the battle today, can you give some general (unclassified) strategy to Clan Wars?

I see the home page of Clan - the button to donate diamonds and cash, what does that accomplish?

How should one set up their base map to protect the leader and officers?

Is there a clan drone that can be upgraded with the players provided parts, and what's involved?

The cryptic pic Handles gave for a guide is if nothing else than a teaser. There's gotta be a reason I'm still playing this game, if Clan Global Events are now gone?

First, contributing game $, tokens, Diamonds or drone parts upgrades your Clan defenses. Just to the left of the Clan Upgrades button, you will see your Clan Level and a meter showing progress towards the next level.

Theoretically, you protect the Clan leader and officers buy putting them in the center, but I don't think this helps.

No clan drone right now, since clan wars are against individual clan members.

And, as of now, it is unclear but Clan Globals may be gone.
    Thanks, Bradr.

So, there's two parts of Clan Wars, offense and defense.

From what I can blindly piece so far, when you battle, you have no idea of who in the Base Map (forgive me on terms, all from memory) you are attacking. You attack the bot that's given to you (coresponding with his weapons/drone power), in some kind of matched order. I'd assume the winner is the clan that does it with the least number of losses, which for now would probably be zero for a while. And each win gives that victor a trophy to protect? Did you or clan get awarded anything the next day and told which clan you battled or where attacked with?

The Base Map will be suplemented with Map Pieces, a Clan Drone at some point. Wonder if the Leader will be able to schedule on his terms, and what Clan he battles with?

Ok, I give up, just too many variables and I need to play to understand Sounds like there are tokens which probably are a waste of time to buy non-fucntional window dressing.

Bottom line, have you fought a second season yet, or does it stay at the midnight time you first had. Guess your scratching your head almost as much as we are.

At least the donate diamonds to increase base level makes some sense. Probably won't help most players just fighting to keep up with the Glu diamond mill (looking into a mirror now.)
    I have two accounts, and have been in two battles. The first one started out and began immediately with 3 restarts and only got a glimpse of a clan map. By the time I recovered, it was over. It was a Tier 2 set of bases and about 3 players in it. Very disappointing, then when I went to PvP, it crashed after selecting a target, and lost my win streak. Same Clan and PvP restart happened on both accounts.

Second shot, was paired up with a base that was 2x above my weapons and 3x above my tier. Had to use 2 med kits, but got 3 kills.

I'm not real happy with the clan matchups, they seem to be random, and pitting 3 man clans at Tier 2 with 18 man clans at Tier 16-17 doesn't give very fair results to the better team.

Then for the players that are lower level tier/weapons trying to attack players way out of their leagues doesn't quite seem fair either. I saw 2 hexes lost after I had won the 3. Should have checked latter, don't know if others could re-compete with those or not and defeated them?

Trying to figure out strategy of this game between payouts, defense strength upgrades (and what they provide), is not very easy to accomplish. Not happy with this trial and error from GLU with only a cryptic picture posted by Handles to explain what's going on.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I have two accounts, and have been in two battles. The first one started out and began immediately with 3 restarts and only got a glimpse of a clan map. By the time I recovered, it was over. It was a Tier 2 set of bases and about 3 players in it. Very disappointing, then when I went to PvP, it crashed after selecting a target, and lost my win streak. Same Clan and PvP restart happened on both accounts.

Second shot, was paired up with a base that was 2x above my weapons and 3x above my tier. Had to use 2 med kits, but got 3 kills.

I'm not real happy with the clan matchups, they seem to be random, and pitting 3 man clans at Tier 2 with 18 man clans at Tier 16-17 doesn't give very fair results to the better team.

Then for the players that are lower level tier/weapons trying to attack players way out of their leagues doesn't quite seem fair either. I saw 2 hexes lost after I had won the 3. Should have checked latter, don't know if others could re-compete with those or not and defeated them?

Trying to figure out strategy of this game between payouts, defense strength upgrades (and what they provide), is not very easy to accomplish. Not happy with this trial and error from GLU with only a cryptic picture posted by Handles to explain what's going on.

Yes it is definitely random and the is no rhyme or reason behind it. My clan was paired against a 1 person clan. One battle and the war was over.
    While I don't claim to be an expert on Clan Wars I have figured a few things out. Each clan gets two Clan wars a day, and the assignments of Clans to be attacked is at random. You may be randomly assigned to be attacked by other clans as well. You get points by defeating Clans and lose points by being defeated. You can get maximum points even if the other clan only has a few defenders. You get the most points by killing the clan leader, fewer for officers and even less for members.

Here is the Elites Clan War Log, we are currently ranked #8 on the IOS Platform:

2hgh4lw.jpg

As you can see you get increasing points for each successive battle, but then, so do your opponents, and you can lose more points when defeated as well.

I have more if you are interested.
    I've seen many single person clan attacks. One Clan has had 2 Clan Defenses, the other Clan has had no defenses played against them. Go figure.

It's obvious that there are a lot of very low powered clans out there, we had 1 clan with 4 tier 1 players attack us and win all the trophies. This is a clan with mostly Tier 17 players on the map. So there's some really fishy stuff going on.

If Glu wanted any parity they'd have some kind of tie in with the all time clan leaders, rather than totally random.

And yes, absolutely I'm interested!

I did find where to change attack times. As to the Clan Map, their are some players with arrows that my boss thinks is the attack direction, but it seems like the attacking players can choose randomly, so all very mystic to me.
    I have watched several attacks and the proceed randomly from the outside. I have not figured out the arrows, but they clearly relate to the map position not the player. I see no tactical or strategic importance to placement of players on the map at least at the current, Canis, map level.

The appropriate defensive tactic is to get your lowest value targets (read members) onto the map, and higher value targets, officers and Clan leader off the map. Elites actually demoted several officers to make them lower value target. As a practical matter you are not going to win these defenses very often, so don't worry about getting strong players onto the map.
    With a maximum of 12 battles per Clan War, you really only need to field 4 player for 5 minutes twice a day, so offense is no problem. Defense is taken care of in my last post.

This brings us to Level upgrade and Clan maps which I am working on now and will create a new thread to discuss.

All in all, I must say, Clan Wars is a real disappointment so far.
    With a maximum of 12 battles per Clan War, you really only need to field 4 player for 5 minutes twice a day, so offense is no problem. Defense is taken care of in my last post.

This brings us to Level upgrade and Clan maps which I am working on now and will create a new thread to discuss.

All in all, I must say, Clan Wars is a real disappointment so far.

I have to agree with your assessment. Clan Wars are a real disappointment to me also.

I can help to believe that GLU will be making major changes to what we know now as Clan Wars. Right now, Clan Wars are not generating any income for GLU, so why are they running them?
    Pretty happy with the random nature of Clan Wars right now, Senior's Clan is in 3rd place, and Junior's Clan is in 1st place.

I now see that in the battle log from the home page, you can check the trophies from the people you attack in clan wars. The Clan War Log, obviously is shown above, and is # of trophies won/ Total #.
    And finally, the number of tokens one has won from Clan attacks shows up when you go to the Store and one of the Clan buttons, at the top right.

Not sure what the best use of the tokens is yet, if we should save them to get a bigger pot for later, or spend them on the Clan Map Box 1. And speaking of map parts, getting only 1% of a clan map will take some work before we get to craft and use that map. Anyone done that yet and can report what that map piece does, like give you one more defense hexagon?
    Pretty happy with the random nature of Clan Wars right now, Senior's Clan is in 3rd place, and Junior's Clan is in 1st place.

I now see that in the battle log from the home page, you can check the trophies from the people you attack in clan wars. The Clan War Log, obviously is shown above, and is # of trophies won/ Total #.
    And finally, the number of tokens one has won from Clan attacks shows up when you go to the Store and one of the Clan buttons, at the top right.

Not sure what the best use of the tokens is yet, if we should save them to get a bigger pot for later, or spend them on the Clan Map Box 1. And speaking of map parts, getting only 1% of a clan map will take some work before we get to craft and use that map. Anyone done that yet and can report what that map piece does, like give you one more defense hexagon?

Your hunch about Clan Map Box 1 is correct. Spin to win map parts using Tokens. This is much quicker than winning them in CLan Seasons. Elites just jumped on this strategy late in the day yesterday and our Cygnum map is 25% complete in only 12 Hours of members using tokens to spin. If you don't spin with them contribute them to the Clan kitty to Level up.

Right now there is no way to tell whether it is more advantageous to work on Clan Maps or Clan Level upgrades. Elites is pursuing both while we figure it out.
    So far I have not found anything worthwhile about this whole Clan War fiasco. With the current schedule for my clan, one battle is at 2AM my time, when I am seldom up. The other battle is at 2PM in the afternoon. Since the battles last less than 5 mins, I have not been able to take part in very many of them.

Then, the whole prize structure, to me, is worthless. just my opinion, but then with it, I still need $3.00 to by a cup of coffee at McDonalds.
    concerned wrote: »
    So far I have not found anything worthwhile about this whole Clan War fiasco. With the current schedule for my clan, one battle is at 2AM my time, when I am seldom up. The other battle is at 2PM in the afternoon. Since the battles last less than 5 mins, I have not been able to take part in very many of them.

Then, the whole prize structure, to me, is worthless. just my opinion, but then with it, I still need $3.00 to by a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

Your Clan leader can modify the Clan Wars schedule. The prizes are worthless, but see my earlier post on using Tokens to Spin for map parts.
    From DAY #1 of Clan Wars, the RUSSIANS had me on the map (that didn't last long) and I have missed every Clan War (battle) since. What GLU needs is a countdown clock on the status bar, similar to the time remaining clock for PvP and VIP events, otherwise I'll never be on time.

*** SMILES ***
    From DAY #1 of Clan Wars, the RUSSIANS had me on the map (that didn't last long) and I have missed every Clan War (battle) since. What GLU needs is a countdown clock on the status bar, similar to the time remaining clock for PvP and VIP events, otherwise I'll never be on time.

*** SMILES ***

I won't speculate on the Russians strategy, but the correct strategy is to keep High Value Members off the map. Maybe you are high value. (You have always been High Value to me)
    I won't speculate on the Russians strategy, but the correct strategy is to keep High Value Members off the map. Maybe you are high value. (You have always been High Value to me)

Well clearly they didn't think so or I would not have been there on DAY #1 LMAO OR maybe they were learning (yeah right) and realized no, no we can't do that !!! Get him off of the map ...

I can say this ... I haven't been there since so maybe you're right. **SMILES**
    We have been attacked by a "non-existent" clan twice now (different names.) When you go to the Clan Wars Log, and click on that defense attack, it comes up with that message. All others show the whole clan. So, my question, are these Clan Bots?

And the inequity widens between my two clans, one getting 4 attacks, the other none so far. Are we supposed to feel victorious about winning a game with no parity in matchups, clan sizes, and number of attacks?

My higher A-T rated clan has attacked clans with 2, 1, 3, 1, 1 and 20 (obviously only 12 on map) members. And our scores are all over the place with 100% wins from 180 to 258 trophies.

My lower A-T rated clan has attacked clans with 5, 20, 9, 1, 20, 20 members. And our scores are increasing from 147 up to 461.

The Clan Map -1 spins come in very handy giving map parts, but lots of med packs, grenades, rocket launchers and knives. It's nice to get a load of freebies for a change! I now have a couple months worth of equipment for free for both my players.

There is a countdown clock on the clan tab, and it does change to red during the active time, but if you don't get there quick, you won't get any action. Came in late on on 2 hours ago, and only picked up one attack, but gave me about 1200 tokens. Many (including senior) complain of restarts as soon as the battle map appears. And many never get to participate in the attack. Some are now holding back to spread the experience.

Bradr, I still don't know if I concur about putting in low level map players, do you know for a fact that lower tier players give you less trophies? Glu has dropped a real load of smoke on us here and turned out the lights. I think points are rising, but it would be nice to be able to quantify this mess of a scoring system.
  • DentaylorDentaylor Registered Users 41 Posts
    Your Clan leader can modify the Clan Wars schedule. The prizes are worthless, but see my earlier post on using Tokens to Spin for map parts.

To modify the clan war schedule doesn't work. I've always got freezed when I gave it a try.
    Dentaylor wrote: »
    To modify the clan war schedule doesn't work. I've always got freezed when I gave it a try.

Are you the Clan Leader? Only the CL can modify the CW schedule or equip a new map.
    Are you the Clan Leader? Only the CL can modify the CW schedule or equip a new map.

Our Clan Leader was able to change one battle time, but since then is crashing when he tries it. And this is the only time he crashes.

We got another 1-man clan of Tier/Level 1. Rose back to our 3 place position, but way out of range to move up today.

I thought with clan wars we'd have the chance to challenge a clan of our choosing, and both clans could battle each other to the last man standing. Very disappointing.
    Seems to me it was better to compete in the Clan Global and collect drone parts whilst chatting with your fellow Clan Members.

What is the point of all of this complex, resource gobbling, non-rewarding Clan War stuff anyway?
    Seems to me it was better to compete in the Clan Global and collect drone parts whilst chatting with your fellow Clan Members.

What is the point of all of this complex, resource gobbling, non-rewarding Clan War stuff anyway?

What do you mean, scorpion, what's the point of they clan war? I am shocked, don't you want to look like Santa Clause????? LOL.

I would say, that GLU must have a bunch of 12 year old in charge of the dev team, but that would be demeaning to 12 years olds. The 12 year olds that I know are a lot smarter than that and they would have NEVER come up with such a dumb idea, as this current clan war fiasco.