Handles: question about battle log

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
Ever since the game came back on from it being down the other day, everytime my defense loses, it now just shows up in my battle log as a picture of some yellow roundish thing with a '0' next 2 it. My whole battle log is like that now (even the losses b4 the game went down)..it doesnt show me how many diamonds were stolen. Why is that?
Prev1

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I think you're referring to tokens won during a clan war, and with a zero, you didn't get any from that win?

Clan wars, you don't win diamonds, and don't use energy, you are doing this for the clan.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    I think you're referring to tokens won during a clan war, and with a zero, you didn't get any from that win?

Clan wars, you don't win diamonds, and don't use energy, you are doing this for the clan.

No, i am not in a clan; therefore dont participate in clan wars or anything clan related. I am talking about when i am offline and i am attacked and my defense loses...the amt of diamonds i lost doesnt show up anymore, it just shows up as what i described above, and as i said, all previous losses of the same kind, now show the same thing.
    Handles, can u pls let me know why this is happening now? It wud b nice 2 know how many diamonds r being stolen from me.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Quick question: when you win a battle, does it show the diamonds that were won?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Quick question: when you win a battle, does it show the diamonds that were won?

Yes it does.
  • RikpcRikpc Registered Users 3 Posts
    have notice the same. Also I do not have the revenge button anymore but I can only challenge
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Device played on:
    OS Version:
    In game name:

Please provide a screen shot of the issue.
    Handles wrote: »
    Device played on:
    OS Version:
    In game name:

Please provide a screen shot of the issue.

Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android 5.0
    arnman
    I took a screen shot but have no idea how 2 post it here. Can u pls advise how 2 do that?
    arnman wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android 5.0
    arnman
    I took a screen shot but have no idea how 2 post it here. Can u pls advise how 2 do that?

FYI There are known issues with CKS and Android 5.0 as well as Samsung devices. I would recommend that you try upgrading to Android 6.0 if you can.

As far as the screen shot: Android standard is VOLUME DOWN + POWER together. On Samsung I believe it's some combination of VOLUME + HOME; either way the SS should be stored in your photo gallery.

Next you will need a publically accessible cloud storage like Google Drive or DropBox. Upload you images there and then you will need the URL to the image itself ...
    (i.e. http://someservices.com/images/screenshot.png).

Also make sure the URL can be accessed WITHOUT you having to logon that way FORUM readers can actually see the image. After you've done that, you will need to EMBED the URL into the post using advanced editing. We'll help you with that when you're ready.
    FYI There are known issues with CKS and Android 5.0 as well as Samsung devices. I would recommend that you try upgrading to Android 6.0 if you can.

As far as the screen shot: Android standard is VOLUME DOWN + POWER together. On Samsung I believe it's some combination of VOLUME + HOME; either way the SS should be stored in your photo gallery.

Next you will need a publically accessible cloud storage like Google Drive or DropBox. Upload you images there and then you will need the URL to the image itself ...
    (i.e. http://someservices.com/images/screenshot.png).

Also make sure the URL can be accessed WITHOUT you having to logon that way FORUM readers can actually see the image. After you've done that, you will need to EMBED the URL into the post using advanced editing. We'll help you with that when you're ready.

Ok scorpion, i downloaded it 2 google drive and this is the URL. So now how do i get the image in here?

Screenshot_2015-12-12-14-57-41.png
    Well that's the file name of the image. The example I gave is the URL you would need.

What you need to do now is place the URL text between the forum tags as follows (omit the "X" of course when doing so):

[imgX]http://drive.google.com/Screenshot_2015-12-12-14-57-41.png[/imgX]

I am sure the URL I used in this example is incorrect, you need to determine that on your own. The best test is to open the URL in your computer's browser. If successful, the image should appear.
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android 5.0
    arnman

An easy way is to go to http://tinypic.com/ and upload your pic there.

Change the size to message board and press transfer.
    Then you get to a page where you can grab the code you need to post the pic here

sgtz08.jpg
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    bys wrote: »
    An easy way is to go to http://tinypic.com/ and upload your pic there.

Change the size to message board and press transfer.
    Then you get to a page where you can grab the code you need to post the pic here

sgtz08.jpg

I didn't even think of using "tinypic.com" ... good one. Question about tinypic though: are there any limitations on length of time your files can remain there AND are there any limits on total space allocated for you by them?
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    I didn't even think of using "tinypic.com" ... good one. Question about tinypic though: are there any limitations on length of time your files can remain there AND are there any limits on total space allocated for you by them?

You don't login there so no limits on total space. If pic is too big tinypic shrinks it during upload.
    The pics are saved 90 days after it has last been watched. So if no one looks at the pic for 90 days it could be deleted.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    This is a known issue and there is a fix coming soon for it.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I just ran into this same issue on IOS. Here is the screen shot.

2m43mlh.jpg
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Another logging issue, but regarding the clan wars Home > Social > Clan War Log. When another clan attacks our base, but fails to win any trophies, the log's trophies column indicates that they had won all the trophies up for grabs in that engagement rather than 0/#. For instance, I'm in the Amazon group clan ComeGetSome, and all of our Season 1 (orange) attacked lines are:

Crashers: 240/240
    Bravest: 218/231
    Emirklan: 225/225
    Cubandoctor: 310/310
    4e20: 248/248
    Fighters1: 286/286
    Turkestan: 330/330
    Alatyr: 264/264

We started with: 1000 trophies
    We won engagements for: 200 + 192 + 187 + 180 + 216 + 258 + 199 + 238 + 229 + 274 + 211 = 2384 trophies
    And our final score was: 3166 trophies

Our actual losses were:
    [starting trophies] + [trophies won] - [final score] = [trophies lost]
    1000 + 2384 - 3166 = 218

Therefore, we only lost the 218 trophies to Bravest, and our attacked Clan War Log entries should be:
    Crashers: 0/240
    Bravest: 218/231
    Emirklan: 0/225
    Cubandoctor: 0/310
    4e20: 0/248
    Fighters1: 0/286
    Turkestan: 0/330
    Alatyr: 0/264
    bys wrote: »
    You don't login there so no limits on total space. If pic is too big tinypic shrinks it during upload.
    The pics are saved 90 days after it has last been watched. So if no one looks at the pic for 90 days it could be deleted.

An update came thru google play the other nite that i had 2 download and the issue is now corrected...ty Handles.
    TY Scorpion and Bys 4 trying 2 help me figure out how 2 post a screenshot. I must say, the process is crazy confusing and involved. Since the url i was providing u (or thot i was providing u) wasnt even correct, i wasnt even able 2 get past that point...i had no idea how 2 get the url. I will admit tho, technical operation of electronics/computers is all Greek 2 me...so confusing! Thankfully i dont need 2 worry about it now.
    TY Scorpion and Bys 4 trying 2 help me figure out how 2 post a screenshot. I must say, the process is crazy confusing and involved. Since the url i was providing u (or thot i was providing u) wasnt even correct, i wasnt even able 2 get past that point...i had no idea how 2 get the url. I will admit tho, technical operation of electronics/computers is all Greek 2 me...so confusing! Thankfully i dont need 2 worry about it now.

The simplest way to put it (for future reference), since we all like to post screen shots of game play (not just issues) is that if you can view the image in your browser, copy the URL from there usually an address bar of sorts. It should always begin with http OR https ... just copy everything on that line. That's your URL.
    I noticed this morning, shortly after a Clan War "icon" had turned "orange", that my battle log showed a loss of -63 tokens. What's peculiar is that the next scheduled event is roughly 5 hours from now @ 2:00 PM EST. So there are two more confusing elements to this Clan Wars feature.

(1) I kind of surmised that once that icon changed color that a war was underway. Obviously that is NOT the case.

(2) How can I lose tokens when a war is not in progress?

(3) Could my BASE have been attacked? I doubt it ... I think it's more likely that Clan Wars is simply running AMOK and posting values somewhere/somehow that it shouldn't be.

Good Grief ... SMH
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I noticed this morning, shortly after a Clan War "icon" had turned "orange", that my battle log showed a loss of -63 tokens. What's peculiar is that the next scheduled event is roughly 5 hours from now @ 2:00 PM EST. So there are two more confusing elements to this Clan Wars feature.

(1) I kind of surmised that once that icon changed color that a war was underway. Obviously that is NOT the case.

(2) How can I lose tokens when a war is not in progress?

(3) Could my BASE have been attacked? I doubt it ... I think it's more likely that Clan Wars is simply running AMOK and posting values somewhere/somehow that it shouldn't be.

Good Grief ... SMH

The 2 PM to 3:59 PM GMT Clan wars are going on at the time of your post. Your Clan is, indeed, under attack.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The 2 PM to 3:59 PM GMT Clan wars are going on at the time of your post. Your Clan is, indeed, under attack.

I don't think so. When I tap on CLAN it clearly states that THE WAR IS OVER. WAIT FOR THE NEXT along with a countdown clock that now reads 2:50 HOURS and counting down.

Nice try though ... and the plot thickens ... besides it's not 2PM LMAO
    I don't think so. When I tap on CLAN it clearly states that THE WAR IS OVER. WAIT FOR THE NEXT along with a countdown clock that now reads 2:50 HOURS and counting down.

Nice try though ... and the plot thickens ... besides it's not 2PM LMAO

One of the things that is missing from Clan Wars is any indication of an attack in progress. The only way you know it is that you see you have lost Trophies.

Check the Clan Wars log after 2 hours and you should see who attacked and what the result was. This is not posted until the Countdown Timer ends.
    Here's another little tidbit that occurred to me. In the past I would keep missing my CLAN WARS and I assumed it was because I was otherwise occupied and careless. Now that I've actually looked into this problem, I have discovered battles in progress that shouldn't, notifications that state the war is over wait for the next, and the countdown clock at less that 3 hours to next battle, when the schedule says the next battle is in 4 hours.

No wonder ... How the hell is someone supposed to be on time for a date when the system clock is off by at least an hour? Doesn't THIS sound familiar ??? This particular countdown timer clearly states 2:00 HOURS until NEXT war, and the schedule states 3 HOURS ... What ???

When developing applications (that work), the devil is in the details. If the developers can't get the clock's time correct OR anything else that relates to "time" like events kicking off at a specific time ...
    ... HOW THE HELL can they write code that works ??? This explains it all in microcosm.

SMH >>> SMH x 5,000
    OK the 2 PM war started at 1 PM. What's even more remarkable is that the next "scheduled" war is at 6 PM (just over 4 hours from now) but the "Clan War Is Over Wait Until Next" message is there stating that the next war is in 19 hours ... what the hell, this thing is all over the place.
    OK the 2 PM war started at 1 PM. What's even more remarkable is that the next "scheduled" war is at 6 PM (just over 4 hours from now) but the "Clan War Is Over Wait Until Next" message is there stating that the next war is in 19 hours ... what the hell, this thing is all over the place.

Clan war times are UTC. UTC time at the time of your post was 6:51 PM. We are now doing the 6PM Clan War. The 2 PM War will be in 19 hours at 2 PM Sunday UTC. Reset your watch to GMT and it will all become clear.

Elites are also on the 2 PM 6PM scheduie which is 6 AM and 10 AM PST.
    Clan war times are UTC. UTC time at the time of your post was 6:51 PM. We are now doing the 6PM Clan War. The 2 PM War will be in 19 hours at 2 PM Sunday UTC. Reset your watch to GMT and it will all become clear.

Elites are also on the 2 PM 6PM scheduie which is 6 AM and 10 AM PST.

Now that makes it all clear LOL maybe I should hop a flight to Greenwich, England while I'm at it ...
    Now that makes it all clear LOL maybe I should hop a flight to Greenwich, England while I'm at it ...

We used to call it Greenwich Mean Time back in the day, now it is UTC, Universal Time Coordinate, but I prefer to think of it as Casablanca time.
    We used to call it Greenwich Mean Time back in the day, now it is UTC, Universal Time Coordinate, but I prefer to think of it as Casablanca time.

We could also call it North Pole time since all of these lines intersect there anyway, then everyone would truly be on the same time LMAO and the Global would last for 2 years.

I do not mind time zones at all; there's not an IT Pro alive who hasn't had to deal with them throughout their entire career, BUT would it be too much to fracking ask that the Schedule Start Time and the Clan War Clock at least be in the same d.a.m.n TZ?

Why should someone look at the schedule and convert the time to another zone? No other clock in the game functions that way. Subtract an hour here, add 19 there ... Get Real.

This is GLU we're talking about. Put another way, if I attempted to roll out some software and informed the users that they would need to convert the time they see on the screen to Zulu Time, do you know what kind of looks I would get? If I really wanted to p.i.s.s them off, I could go to a 24 hour clock and Julian calendar.

Now I'm am no huge fan of Clans or Clan Wars, but I'm trying my best to give it a shot, but this is just poor design from the ground up and there's no other way to describe it.

SMH x infinity