Clan Wars

Comments

• DentaylorDentaylor Registered Users 41 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Are you the Clan Leader? Only the CL can modify the CW schedule or equip a new map.

Of course I am the leader of Antikingdom. (AT 7th)
    On IOS there is no good tactics just a sort of luck. Some clans get attacked by fewer than others. From the start our clan got attacked 7 times. There are clans on the top who were attacked less. (E.g. Softmachine only 2 times) That's really unfair, huge mistake from Glu.
    Glu should fix the random opponent generator system.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Dentaylor wrote: »
    Glu should fix the random opponent generator system.

Have you figured out what advantage if any comes from Level upgrades or new maps?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Have you figured out what advantage if any comes from Level upgrades or new maps?

Was hoping you'd have an answer by now, but trying to get 2000 of a certain part will take a lot of spins on the map box.

On the Map bases shown in the top yellow selection in Store, there are some clan bases with up to 24 hexagons. Guess some of those will be bot spaces?

And will we ever know what the level upgrades do? I see at level 5 more clan maps will open up. But not knowing what the attacker sees, or how many pieces of equipment he might have to use to defeat you, I'd guess not for a very long time. As usual we will be in the dark about this mess.

And to Dentaylor - one of my groups is still untouched by other clans, and is still in the lead by over 800 pts (trophies). Go figure. Still 1 day 7 hours remaining.
    The one clan that I know that had multiple map ugrades went back to the basic Canis layout because they saw no benefit and were exposing more high value players on the larger map. As far as Level upgrades, the very brief description of Clan Wars battles by Glu says that the contests are based on player power ratings and makes no mention of Clan levels at all. I wish they would just tell us how it works. Would that be so hard?

Bradr,

Sorry not yet.
    try_again wrote: »
    Was hoping you'd have an answer by now, but trying to get 2000 of a certain part will take a lot of spins on the map box.

On the Map bases shown in the top yellow selection in Store, there are some clan bases with up to 24 hexagons. Guess some of those will be bot spaces?

And will we ever know what the level upgrades do? I see at level 5 more clan maps will open up. But not knowing what the attacker sees, or how many pieces of equipment he might have to use to defeat you, I'd guess not for a very long time. As usual we will be in the dark about this mess.

And to Dentaylor - one of my groups is still untouched by other clans, and is still in the lead by over 800 pts (trophies). Go figure. Still 1 day 7 hours remaining.

Try again,

Since my post we have suffered another one, exactly the 8th attack. No chance to end up on a good position.
    Try again,

Since my post we have suffered another one, exactly the 8th attack. No chance to end up on a good position.

This system makes no sense to me. How does TopKorea get 5305 Trophies, when we have put in perfect attacks and very modest losses on defense and find ourselves at 3447?
    This system makes no sense to me. How does TopKorea get 5305 Trophies, when we have put in perfect attacks and very modest losses on defense and find ourselves at 3447?

I bet Topkorea hasn't even had an attack on them.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I won't speculate on the Russians strategy, but the correct strategy is to keep High Value Members off the map. Maybe you are high value. (You have always been High Value to me)

I was curious as to why the RUSSIANS (My Clan) are ranked #1 and I noticed that all the TOP PLAYERS, including #1 and #3 ALL TIME are all placed on the map, I don't know which strategy is the correct one. Place your top assassins ON the map OR your weakest. Cleary placing the best on the map is working for the RUSSIANS.

This includes the CLAN LEADER and five (5) OFFICERS. Now I am definitely no expert on CLAN WARS, but I am adept at recognizing patterns and results (cause and effect) and consider this noteworthy.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I was curious as to why the RUSSIANS (My Clan) are ranked #1 and I noticed that all the TOP PLAYERS, including #1 and #3 ALL TIME are all placed on the map, I don't know which strategy is the correct one. Place your top assassins ON the map OR your weakest. Cleary placing the best on the map is working for the RUSSIANS.

This includes the CLAN LEADER and five (5) OFFICERS. Now I am definitely no expert on CLAN WARS, but I am adept at recognizing patterns and results (cause and effect) and consider this noteworthy.

Two factors on map placement: First, Glu has said that CL and Officers are higher value targets, so in theory they should not be on the map and second, trophies lost increases if you are holding lots of Trophies, just like have a full Vault, though Glu hasn't said what percentage, so Player on the map should be low in Trophies.

Theoretically, having your strongest players on the map should be the best strategy, but we all know that this is not a game of defense. This is particularly true in Clan Wars, where a Clan can attack the same player multiple times until they defeat him.

I have tried each variations and luckily against the same opponent clan CFD25. My experiance was that the number of lost trophies not depend on how strong is the clan on the tiles. First I put the weakest members and no CL on and lost 339 trophies, right after that I put the strongest squad with CL on and lost 339 trophies again. I think it's simply random how many trophies you loose and win.
    I have tried each variations and luckily against the same opponent clan CFD25. My experiance was that the number of lost trophies not depend on how strong is the clan on the tiles. First I put the weakest members and no CL on and lost 339 trophies, right after that I put the strongest squad with CL on and lost 339 trophies again. I think it's simply random how many trophies you loose and win.

So based on what you observed, there's no advantage one way or the other. Now I am totally confused. Does anything about Clan Wars make any sense?
    So based on what you observed, there's no advantage one way or the other. Now I am totally confused. Does anything about Clan Wars make any sense?

To be honest I still can't get the point of this clan war thing. It's too random and it seems there are lucky and unlucky clans as far as the opponents are concerned. The whole clan war is just like the lottery.

While the short answer to your question is: No it doesn't make any sense at all, I do have some ideas about avoiding big losses in Clan Wars. Glu says that you should arrange players strategically on the map, we all know that is BS, at least at the first map level. While Glu says that Clan leaders and officers are higher value targets, they don't say how much more valuable. My experience is that the difference in player value is not an important factor.

Powerful defenses do make a difference, particularly against weak clans. My clans is currently winning 15% of our defenses, even though I can't understand how, since clans can attack a player multiple times until they win.

The most important factor in losing a large number of tokens is the stash of Tokens that the players on the map have. Leaving a large number of Tokens with map defenders is like leaving the game with a full vault, You will give your attackers a lot of your hard earned tokens.

The solution: have clan members, particularly those defending on the map, contribute ALL tokens to the Clan Upgrade kitty or spin on Map box 1. Use 'em, don't lose 'em!
    While the short answer to your question is: No it doesn't make any sense at all, I do have some ideas about avoiding big losses in Clan Wars. Glu says that you should arrange players strategically on the map, we all know that is BS, at least at the first map level. While Glu says that Clan leaders and officers are higher value targets, they don't say how much more valuable. My experience is that the difference in player value is not an important factor.

Powerful defenses do make a difference, particularly against weak clans. My clans is currently winning 15% of our defenses, even though I can't understand how, since clans can attack a player multiple times until they win.

The most important factor in losing a large number of tokens is the stash of Tokens that the players on the map have. Leaving a large number of Tokens with map defenders is like leaving the game with a full vault, You will give your attackers a lot of your hard earned tokens.

The solution: have clan members, particularly those defending on the map, contribute ALL tokens to the Clan Upgrade kitty or spin on Map box 1. Use 'em, don't lose 'em!

Agree with Bradr one thing is sure that you must use all the tokens you win to clan upgrade and spinning map parts.
    Agree with Bradr one thing is sure that you must use all the tokens you win to clan upgrade and spinning map parts.

Do you have a sense of whether all unspent tokens or just the tokens of players on the map are at risk? I guess it really doesn't matter because there is no reason to save them up, but I am just curious.
    Do you have a sense of whether all unspent tokens or just the tokens of players on the map are at risk? I guess it really doesn't matter because there is no reason to save them up, but I am just curious.

Bradr,

Good question. When I was on map and attacked some of my tokens were taken. Since I have been off the map my victorious opponents couldn't get tokens from me. Therefore I think just the players on the map are at risk.
    Season #1 of Clan Wars has ended and I can at least answer the questions related to Clan War prizes. Elites Clan finished 6th, which entitled us to 7 map pieces. We received 7 pieces to the final map the Charcharodon for each of the 12 players on the map for a total of 84 Charcharodon pieces. This illustrates at least one advantage of moving to higher level maps, more members on the map, more map pieces won.

Addendum: We now have 156 Charcharodon parts, so I don't have a clue how we got them.
    I don't know if this is unique to Google Play. It makes no sense to me at all and the only reason I took notice is because anyone who works in IT knows 1,440 is the number of minutes in a day. It's like one of those things you never think about ... you just know it.

Now it also appears to be the number of trophies that my Clan has acquired. But not just MY Clan, every Clan on Google Play has 1,440 TROPHIES ... how can this be? If correct, what's the point in even listing it?

PERPLEXED
    I don't know if this is unique to Google Play. It makes no sense to me at all and the only reason I took notice is because anyone who works in IT knows 1,440 is the number of minutes in a day. It's like one of those things you never think about ... you just know it.

Now it also appears to be the number of trophies that my Clan has acquired. But not just MY Clan, every Clan on Google Play has 1,440 TROPHIES ... how can this be? If correct, what's the point in even listing it?

PERPLEXED

I can answer the 1440 question, but most of the rest of Clan wars scoring is a mystery to me. Clan War Season #2 began with every Clan given 1000 Trophies, War #1 paid a max of 200 Trophies, War #2 paid 240 Trophies. The clans at 1440 have won 2 wars and lost none.

New results are posted only after the completion of the round, which means posting occurs after 1 Hour and 59 Minutes, though scores are updated during the round.
    I can answer the 1440 question, but most of the rest of Clan wars scoring is a mystery to me. Clan War Season #2 began with every Clan given 1000 Trophies, War #1 paid a max of 200 Trophies, War #2 paid 240 Trophies. The clans at 1440 have won 2 wars and lost none.

New results are posted only after the completion of the round, which means posting occurs after 1 Hour and 59 Minutes, though scores are updated during the round.

Well that explains that I suppose ... you start off with 1,000 and get 440 for winning; OK. So if every Clan has 1,440 TROPHIES that would imply that everybody won 2 wars and lost none. You know I've got to ask LMFAO

What's the point?
    Had a very interesting round of attacks. The one clan I was in attacked the other clan I was in, and at the same time was being attacked by the other clan!

So, folks, we diverted global anilation, if senior fought junior at the same time junior attacked senior, they would have created negative matter which would have caused a black hole that would collapse this game in on itself!

What I may (emphasizing maybe not) have learned from this, is one of the clans had no officers assigned to the map, the other had all 6 officers assigned. Yet, both were victors of the same amount of trophies.

The game remains a mystery. We found that opening up level 3 gives us access to mystery clan box II, which is nearly a duplicate of mystery clan box I, but a couple new map pieces.

It seems futile to have 2 hours on the attack clock, when all can be accomplished in 5 minutes. Only very large disaparities in clan power levels would cause one to loose an attack, and the lost cell as long as it's cleaned up by someone else doesn't count against any loss of trophies.

And finally, there will be no meaningful interpretation of who the best clan is with this idiotic system, at least for the near timeline. Looks like the field is reset each week, so, it's a complete toss of the coin. At least tokens can pay for some equipment.
    There are only 3 peasants (including myself) on the map. The remaining maps hexes are occupied by Officers and El Exigente.

Screenshot_2015-12-18-09-44-02.png?psid=1
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    My clan has opted to go the other route. Every body on the map is a non officer, since officers and the clan leader is worth more.

One thing that I don't like, about the Clan Match up system, is the wars that I have been able to make, we seem to be matched up against weaker clans.
    concerned wrote: »
    My clan has opted to go the other route. Every body on the map is a non officer, since officers and the clan leader is worth more.

One thing that I don't like, about the Clan Match up system, is the wars that I have been able to make, we seem to be matched up against weaker clans.

This is an issue that I hope you can help me resolve. Our data suggests that the Clan Leader is a high value target, but that officers may actually be less valuable than members. If you come to any conclusions on this let me know, because I am hopelessly confused.

The other issue worth exploring is whether holding on to Tokens increases value as a target.
    From the statement above that I made about both clans getting the same amount of trophies, I guess we have differing opinions. Part of the confusion is few people record the trophies won per attacker during wars, and concentrate more on the tokens shown in the battle log, me included.

But what I said means to me that your clan trophy amount is a combination of the 1000 you start with, your wins less your losses, and depending on the clan rank and age of the current event (I think it's like Jeopardy, a progressively increasing pot), determines the Clan value being presented for an attack. Then a percentage of the total is divvied out by ranks.

As example, say 30% of total for leader, 20% of total for officer and 10% for members.

The whole problem to me, is how exactly is that total arrived at, and how are matchups made? And the latter there I see as totally random, and hence the coin flip - as well as if you get an attack on your clan or not.
    try_again wrote: »
    From the statement above that I made about both clans getting the same amount of trophies, I guess we have differing opinions. Part of the confusion is few people record the trophies won per attacker during wars, and concentrate more on the tokens shown in the battle log, me included.

But what I said means to me that your clan trophy amount is a combination of the 1000 you start with, your wins less your losses, and depending on the clan rank and age of the current event (I think it's like Jeopardy, a progressively increasing pot), determines the Clan value being presented for an attack. Then a percentage of the total is divvied out by ranks.

As example, say 30% of total for leader, 20% of total for officer and 10% for members.

The whole problem to me, is how exactly is that total arrived at, and how are matchups made? And the latter there I see as totally random, and hence the coin flip - as well as if you get an attack on your clan or not.

Well TRY_AGAIN, you have convinced me of one thing, CLAN WARS is not worth my effort or my time :)
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Well TRY_AGAIN, you have convinced me of one thing, CLAN WARS is not worth my effort or my time :)

Too say that Clan Wars are nothing worth time or effort is an understatement. Check out the last war that my clan had the pleasure of fighting.

It was against a 1 man clan.

fyia0h.jpg

Then to make matters even better, he was a level 27 player with a Tier 4 base.

2l8w2ys.jpg

faq9lk.jpg

This Clan War Fiasco is just unbelievable.