HANDLES: IOS Missing League Qualification MILESTONES and League Event

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
HANDLES: This past weekend's Global did not have any League Event milestones posted. Please refer to the screenshot in this thread:
http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?198138-12-10-Global/page8

Consequently (subsequently), IOS players are currently not participating in the League Event that kicked off today.

Please look into this ASAP.

We realize that the League Awards system is being looked at. but I wanted to be clear that the League Event itself appears to be down or inaccessible.

Please advise.

Thanks !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Handles, in the last week, Glu has apparently abandoned Clan Globals, screwed up the League play Weapons parts awards and completely screwed up the IOS League Milestones this past weekend. In the place of all these abandoned elements, which had been central to the game, they have created an incomprehensible and uninteresting Clan Wars element, which has no fan base at all that I can find. Is there a plan for the future of CKS? If there such a plan, I would love to know what it might involve and if there is no such plan, that would be nice to know that too.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    BRAD ... while I understand your frustrations, you must remember that the Sun does NOT rise and set with IOS. The future of CKS isn't tied to Apple devices alone and this is what bothers me the most about Applezoids; they can't seem to focus on anything aside from themselves. I wouldn't call it selfishness, maybe it's more of an individualized exaggerated sense of importance.

Whatever the psychological reasons for this, the Google Play platform has been functioning fine (thanks for asking) and with over 50,000 active players the game won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Whatever GLU's future plans are for CKS, you can rest assured that those decisions will not be based on a desire to satisfy Apple users exclusively.

You must look at the BIG picture, something most of you guys on IOS refuse to do; hell most of the time you can't get past your own experiences. While I empathize with your issues, the majority of players are NOT experiencing what you are personally.

I can take a 10,000 foot view of any situation and state "we" have massive problems or the game is unstable, although I am unaffected by these issues personally per se, but that's who I am and my profession has trained me to think along those lines.

I don't appreciate the higher drone fusing costs, I haven't a clue how Clan Wars works and I also had to endure the "Lunatic Asylum" for the better part of three months, but even that seemed to bother you more than it did me.

Only arrogance would motivate someone to ponder that if I can't play, the game must (should) be dead; I know for I've been there.

Sorry Bro ... but it's the truth.

TOOBAD :)
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    This is just so inappropriate in so many ways, I'm a bit shocked and surprised.
    IOS has a Silver League on day 2. Too late to craft a weapon, but at least I will get 100 Gold Milestones, day 2 and 3.
    I hope iOS doen't suffer the new problem that Amazon has acquired, and it is working like Google Play is!

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?198354-Handles!-Parts-Not-Being-Issued-In-League-Events-on-Amazon!
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    BRAD ... while I understand your frustrations, you must remember that the Sun does NOT rise and set with IOS. The future of CKS isn't tied to Apple devices alone and this is what bothers me the most about Applezoids; they can't seem to focus on anything aside from themselves. I wouldn't call it selfishness, maybe it's more of an individualized exaggerated sense of importance.

Whatever the psychological reasons for this, the Google Play platform has been functioning fine (thanks for asking) and with over 50,000 active players the game won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Whatever GLU's future plans are for CKS, you can rest assured that those decisions will not be based on a desire to satisfy Apple users exclusively.

You must look at the BIG picture, something most of you guys on IOS refuse to do; hell most of the time you can't get past your own experiences. While I empathize with your issues, the majority of players are NOT experiencing what you are personally.

I can take a 10,000 foot view of any situation and state "we" have massive problems or the game is unstable, although I am unaffected by these issues personally per se, but that's who I am and my profession has trained me to think along those lines.

I don't appreciate the higher drone fusing costs, I haven't a clue how Clan Wars works and I also had to endure the "Lunatic Asylum" for the better part of three months, but even that seemed to bother you more than it did me.

Only arrogance would motivate someone to ponder that if I can't play, the game must (should) be dead; I know for I've been there.

Sorry Bro ... but it's the truth.

TOOBAD :)

All of the complaints that I list are common to all platforms, with the exception of this week's League fiasco, and my post was directed to all of the problems on all of the platforms. As I see it we are all in this together and the problems with the future of the game affect us all IOS, Android and Amazon.

I was very supportive at your justifiable anger over problems with Android League play and was more than a little stunned when you not only didn't reciprocate that concern, but instead went on to attack IOS players saying we were arrogant.

I have tried to contribute to this forum selflessly and have felt like I made at least a small contribution to the game for all players on all platforms. Now you, a person that I respect, use terms like selfishness and say that I have an "exaggerated sense of importance."

I have counted you as a friend and felt that you respected me as well and your response to my post came a real shock. I had no idea that you felt the way you obviously do.

Maybe I have just been with this forum for too long. The last things this forum needs are my arrogance and selfishnss. C U later.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    It sounds to me, that we all have reached a point of extreme frustration here. We all need to take a step back and take some deep breaths and laugh a little.

After all of the problems that we have been documenting and reporting to GLU, here is our laugh for the day.

255ltow.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but do they really want me to rate the game right now? SHM AND LOL
    bradr752 wrote: »
    All of the complaints that I list are common to all platforms, with the exception of this week's League fiasco, and my post was directed to all of the problems on all of the platforms. As I see it we are all in this together and the problems with the future of the game affect us all IOS, Android and Amazon.

I was very supportive at your justifiable anger over problems with Android League play and was more than a little stunned when you not only didn't reciprocate that concern, but instead went on to attack IOS players saying we were arrogant.

I have tried to contribute to this forum selflessly and have felt like I made at least a small contribution to the game for all players on all platforms. Now you, a person that I respect, use terms like selfishness and say that I have an "exaggerated sense of importance."

I have counted you as a friend and felt that you respected me as well and your response to my post came a real shock. I had no idea that you felt the way you obviously do.

Maybe I have just been with this forum for too long. The last things this forum needs are my arrogance and selfishnss. C U later.

You're missing the point and you seem to forget, I started this thread for HANDLES so don't tell me anything about reciprocity; you continue to miss the point, as usual. When CKS 4.0 was about to be released, what was the title of your thread?

This mentality is so hard wired into you that you don't realize it.

It was never meant to be an attack, but your response demonstrates how correct my observations are regarding the IOS mentality.

What else would you have a friend do? Blow sunshine up your rear ... IOS players aren't arrogant, you are, but you all share the same attitude and as I stated it is NOT selfishness.

Just as obviously, you can't handle the truth ... I guess I misjudged you as well. Your plan is to take your bat and ball and go home, I see. SMH
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    League is up and running today. Sorry for the delay all.
    I just received a another response from Customer Care. This one basically assured me that the Dev Team is working on a fix for the missing weapon parts from league play and that I should not worry, because I have not lost any of them. When I return home, I will post a screen shot of the response.

Then for some unknown reason, Customer Care closed the ticket out. Since I do not like the idea and I don't think that the ticket should have been closed, I am going to submit a new ticket. When and if I receive my missing parts, then they can close the ticket. Also, I certainly hope that they fix the problem and give me my missing CASSOWARY Sniper parts, in the very near future, before the CASSOWARY becomes out dated.

Later tonight, I will find out how strong of a SNIPER Rifle is need for the long range missions. Maybe the CASSOWARY will not be strong enough to complete all of the Intel Missions.
    concerned wrote: »
    I just received a another response from Customer Care. This one basically assured me that the Dev Team is working on a fix for the missing weapon parts from league play and that I should not worry, because I have not lost any of them. When I return home, I will post a screen shot of the response.

Then for some unknown reason, Customer Care closed the ticket out. Since I do not like the idea and I don't think that the ticket should have been closed, I am going to submit a new ticket. When and if I receive my missing parts, then they can close the ticket. Also, I certainly hope that they fix the problem and give me my missing CASSOWARY Sniper parts, in the very near future, before the CASSOWARY becomes out dated.

Later tonight, I will find out how strong of a SNIPER Rifle is need for the long range missions. Maybe the CASSOWARY will not be strong enough to complete all of the Intel Missions.

Did you receive your parts? To answer your question, a 17.5 SNIPER will NOT be able to complete the new region. The whole number versions of these weapon DO have a single purpose and that is to complete a region without the need for upgrades.

So you will need an 18.0 SNIPER. Easy to remember ... we're at TIER 18 ... and so forth and so on.
    No, I have not received any parts as of yet.

Here is my latest response from customer care.

2my8dic.jpg

Like I said I do not like the idea that customer Care considers this ticket closed, so I submitted a new ticket.
    Likewise, the problem still exists for Amazon. Sounds slightly different though, this is a current problem, concerened's is a previous problem?

Ill be re-posting the Amazon thread.
    On IOS, I finished last nights Silver League, that they finally started 1 day late. The weapon parts award is still broken. I finished either 3rd or 4th and there was no pop up acknowledging the finish and no HEAVY PARTS were awarded.

Sent in another ticket about this latest issue.

I did however, receive the 100 gold for the last milestone, so that part of league play is working.
    On IOS, I finished last nights Silver League, that they finally started 1 day late. The weapon parts award is still broken. I finished either 3rd or 4th and there was no pop up acknowledging the finish and no HEAVY PARTS were awarded.

Sent in another ticket about this latest issue.

I did however, receive the 100 gold for the last milestone, so that part of league play is working.

If I remember, there was a banner from GLU stating "THE LEAGUE AWARDS SYSTEM IS FUBAR ..." or something along those lines, is that still displaying?
    No, I have not seen that banner in about a day now. What I am getting now is a banner asking me to rate the game so that they can continue developing updates. They really can't expect players to give a good rating with all off the mounting problems of late.

Looks like they have something else fubared here also. Here is the splash screen.

2utn29c.jpg

I have received this screen 3 times now.
    No, I have not seen that banner in about a day now. What I am getting now is a banner asking me to rate the game so that they can continue developing updates. They really can't expect players to give a good rating with all off the mounting problems of late.

Looks like they have something else fubared here also.

Anyone who has ever bothered to rate CKS has given it 1 star; to me it's NOT worth the trouble.

The missing banner, along with the closed ticket, would indicate to me that they believe the issue is (was) fixed. Good thing you submitted another ticket; this may be a different problem with the same results.
    Anyone who has ever bothered to rate CKS has given it 1 star; to me it's NOT worth the trouble.

The missing banner, along with the closed ticket, would indicate to me that they believe the issue is (was) fixed. Good thing you submitted another ticket; this may be a different problem with the same results.

I received a quick response to my latest ticket. There is supposed to be CKS 4.0.1 ready to be released, as soon as Apple approves it.

2z5mbet.jpg

I guess they must be getting tired of me and all my tickets, as well as everyone else. They gave me a "one time gift of 300 gold" to go away and quit bothering them and closed the ticket again. LOL
    Well boys and girls, it looks like they are starting to award the missing weapon parts. I just received my missing CASSOWARY SNIPER parts.

I also have received my missing CRAWFISH HEAVY parts from last nights league.
    Well boys and girls, it looks like they are starting to award the missing weapon parts. I just received my missing CASSOWARY SNIPER parts.

I also have received my missing CRAWFISH HEAVY parts from last nights league.

Well alrighty then ... so your square on everything right?
    Well alrighty then ... so your square on everything right?

Yes, I am good now. And with the CASSOWARY, I can now finish the boss in Jolly Roger.

But, I need a top 20 finish in today's league to get that last three RAWFISH HEAVY parts that I need. Everything being equal, are you taking any bets as to whether the awarding problem has been fixed?
    Yes, I am good now. And with the CASSOWARY, I can now finish the boss in Jolly Roger.

But, I need a top 20 finish in today's league to get that last three RAWFISH HEAVY parts that I need. Everything being equal, are you taking any bets as to whether the awarding problem has been fixed?

Yeah it's fixed and you'll be able to get a restful night's sleep as well; RANK #20 on DAY #3 is a gimme. Just run it up to 100 GOLD MILESTONE and call it; the parts will be there waiting for you in the morning, I would think.
    Yeah it's fixed and you'll be able to get a restful night's sleep as well; RANK #20 on DAY #3 is a gimme. Just run it up to 100 GOLD MILESTONE and call it; the parts will be there waiting for you in the morning, I would think.

You called this one right again. No parts awarded when the league ended, but they were there in the morning.

Also, as an FYI, so far IOS still has not received the 4.0.1 update that I am aware of. The game is still reporting itself as 4.0.0 and so is the App Store
    You called this one right again. No parts awarded when the league ended, but they were there in the morning.

Also, as an FYI, so far IOS still has not received the 4.0.1 update that I am aware of. The game is still reporting itself as 4.0.0 and so is the App Store

Brad says Apple has it but it hasn't been approved / reviewed as yet; I guess it's coming soon.
    Brad says Apple has it but it hasn't been approved / reviewed as yet; I guess it's coming soon.

That is what we are being told by Customer Care.