Options

CK:S Clan Wars Season #1 Rewards Issue FIXED

CKS HQCKS HQ Registered Users 5 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am the new Community Manager taking over for Handles.

For my first post, I wanted to let everyone know that a new small update is available on the App Store now. This update addresses League Rewards, Season Rewards, and other bug fixes (Revenge button is back :cool:).

-CKS HQ

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Welcome ...

I don't know how much of a "turnover" you received from HANDLES, but a good place to start going forward is what/where/who to monitor on this forum to get a "feel" for how CKS is functioning and the issues that players experience, would be the thread starters and posters who might offer more than just complaints.

IOS: CONCERNED, BRADR752, BYS
    ANDROID: TRY_AGAIN (Amazon), SCORPION (Google Play)

What is the best way to get your attention? Do you prefer PMs or forum threads addressed to you?

Good Luck !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I can confirm that the update didn't address my problem of not receiving parts for the Crawfish on Monday and Tuesday that would have made that weapon ready to craft. And a ticket to Customer Care gave a similar response:

"We will fix the league event rewards issue for Amazon players today. Now all users with such issues shall get Clan wars season rewards (with pop-up) and league event rewards (without pop-up, so all prizes will be silently added to your inventory). We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you."

Interesting the League Events prize awards will no longer have pop-ups, we'll have to check the Craft tab to see what we won.
  • Options
    Good Morning TRY_AGAIN ...

It may be that the retro-parts will appear in your craft repository "silently". Parts won normally should still receive the notification banner.

This is what CONCERNED has reported; he won the parts and never received them (at the conclusion of the event) OR a notification. When he checked the following morning, the parts had been delivered.
  • Options
    On Sunday, I finished rank 36, and have 35 parts for the Crawfish
    On Monday, I had a 1st place finish, so should have 17 parts for the Berberis but don't
    On Tuesday, I had a 2nd place finish, so should have had 16 parts awarded for the Crawfish, none awarded
    On Wednesday, I had a 4th place finish, and it now shows I have 47 parts for the Crawfish.

No parts show for the Berberis, and 47 show for the Crawfish.

I purposely held back on Wednesday, because I was 24 VP ahead of the 3rd place runner, and didn't want the 1st place prize I was sitting on, but there was a run while I slept. Got neither. Tuesday was the unawarded problem for me.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    On Sunday, I finished rank 36, and have 35 parts for the Crawfish
    On Monday, I had a 1st place finish, so should have 17 parts for the Berberis but don't
    On Tuesday, I had a 2nd place finish, so should have had 16 parts awarded for the Crawfish, none awarded
    On Wednesday, I had a 4th place finish, and it now shows I have 47 parts for the Crawfish.

No parts show for the Berberis, and 47 show for the Crawfish.

I purposely held back on Wednesday, because I was 24 VP ahead of the 3rd place runner, and didn't want the 1st place prize I was sitting on, but there was a run while I slept. Got neither. Tuesday was the unawarded problem for me.

No matter how I cut this, I cannot get to 47 PARTS ... the DB is screwed up that's what's causing YOUR particular problem.

Monday is a non starter since you don't want the weapon.

Tuesday you should have had 50 parts (no 16 part award available, I assume this is a typo) and it should have been over.

Wednesday you won an additional 15 parts; OK. If the weapon had been "in craft", the game would have ignored these, but it didn't. Neither did you receive them. So here's what I think is going on.

It may be trying to deliver the parts, but when it does it cannot complete delivery because it would put you at 65 PARTS which is impossible. It's a complete failure and someone needs to look into your DB record and edit it; a developer I suppose.

I have no idea what the hell the 47 PARTS is all about. But since there was a complete failure. anything is possible.
  • Options
    4-6 place finish is 12 parts.
  • Options
    4-6 place finish is 12 parts.

So maybe they delivered the parts in reverse order. Either way, the same problem occurs. It cannot deliver the parts because it would push you over 50 parts which is impossible. Another interesting question, did Amazon get the update on Tuesday or Wednesday?

The upgrade hit Google on Wednesday ... if the same for Amazon, then Tuesday's lost parts may be more related to the raided parts issue rather than the not awarded parts issue.

Who knows ... it's a cluster frack for sure !!! :) Boycott anyone?

BTW I'm totally giving up on Clan Wars ... these geniuses can't even get the clock's time correct, that's why I keep missing the battles. I'm never going to sit in the CLAN area waiting for a battle to kick off (rather allow me to attack, I guess) ... I'm really not that interested since there are no more awards, but I figured I'd give it the good old college try ... NO JOY.
  • Options
    As soon as you reach the 50 parts point, the weapon is Ready to Craft, and any won over that is discarded by the system. Many a time I have the weapon ready to craft on Monday, then receive more parts the following 2 days, but it's still 50 parts showing on the craft page.

And yes, the old method o Global Clan was much more interesting and without mystery. The one who could put up the most VP per Global, take the top place Done Parts prize. There was something to put some gold into... and have true bragging rights.
  • Options
    As soon as you reach the 50 parts point, the weapon is Ready to Craft, and any won over that is discarded by the system. Many a time I have the weapon ready to craft on Monday, then receive more parts the following 2 days, but it's still 50 parts showing on the craft page.

And yes, the old method o Global Clan was much more interesting and without mystery. The one who could put up the most VP per Global, take the top place Done Parts prize. There was something to put some gold into... and have true bragging rights.

YEP it's trying to silently deliver more parts than the craft store can hold, so it chokes ... no dialog, no confirmation it simply will not deliver anything. Someone over there obviously has to manually intervene ... the auto pilot is broken, so to speak.

I just found out from BRAD that CLAN WARS times are in GMT. Now I don't know if that was published anywhere, but why? They must have thrown that thing together at the last second.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    YEP it's trying to silently deliver more parts than the craft store can hold, so it chokes ... no dialog, no confirmation it simply will not deliver anything. Someone over there obviously has to manually intervene ... the auto pilot is broken, so to speak.

I just found out from BRAD that CLAN WARS times are in GMT. Now I don't know if that was published anywhere, but why? They must have thrown that thing together at the last second.

You aren't getting it! This is the way it's always worked. Get 35 parts, then 16 parts, the weapon is ready to craft with 50. Next day, get another 12 or 16 parts, the weapon is still ready to craft, the parts just spill over to the null bank. This is how I have acquired about 20 weapons sitting in my Craft tab since I started PVP.

The only problem is GLU did not deliver my part this time on Monday for the Berberis - shows up as 0 parts, or Tuesday, Crawfish for 16 parts that would have netted me the ready to craft on the weapon. Then Wednesday did give me the 12 parts the next day without pop-up that totaled 47.

The ONLY thing that was broken, was the usual next day morning pop-up (before 4.0.1) saying I had won the parts, and then the counter counting from 35 to 50, not 51, because it's full and ready to craft. Simple?

No wonder I can't get the parts from Customer Care, if I can't explain it to you? Guess I need an interpreter?

Yes, I heard Brad say that when the wars started (he said UTC at that time as I recall), and it made sense to me.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?198099-Clan-Wars&p=418798&viewfull=1#post418798
  • Options
    Dude I get it. I've received more excess parts than most believe me. I'm just trying to work out a scenario where you might not receive your parts. See that "silently" delivered is what's troubling because it sounds like a delivery, rather an update to a database field with invalid data causing a failure.

You would never see it on your tablet.
  • Options
    I'm just upset with myself I can't be clear, and not understanding now the silent part, which is what customer care said it would be from now on, aka "no pop-up"
  • Options
    I'm just upset with myself I can't be clear, and not understanding now the silent part, which is what customer care said it would be from now on, aka "no pop-up"

Don't be upset with yourself, you're perfectly clear. At times I tend to "debug" applications online with a player (thinking like a developer) in an attempt to help the player understand the technical issues so they can communicate the same to the developers. Customer Care is useless in this regard.

It's really my mistake because I know you're not interested in the "why or how", you just want your parts delivered.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    CKS HQCKS HQ Registered Users 5 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Welcome ...

I don't know how much of a "turnover" you received from HANDLES, but a good place to start going forward is what/where/who to monitor on this forum to get a "feel" for how CKS is functioning and the issues that players experience, would be the thread starters and posters who might offer more than just complaints.

IOS: CONCERNED, BRADR752, BYS
    ANDROID: TRY_AGAIN (Amazon), SCORPION (Google Play)

What is the best way to get your attention? Do you prefer PMs or forum threads addressed to you?

Good Luck !!!

I'd prefer forum posts addressed to me! Thanks for the warm welcome.