Options

CKS HQ: I've stopped receiving League Event gun parts in the Amazon group

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
I've put in a customer support call (on 12/29) for this issue, but have yet to receive any status update or resolution.

I finished top-90 for the previous to last global event, and received 35 parts for the Tuonela heavy gun. Then, in the subsequent 3 days of silver league play, I finished 3rd, 3rd and 2nd, but so received no parts, so have been unable to craft my Tuonela heavy gun.

I also finished top-90 in the last global event and received 35 parts for the Pony sniper rifle. Yesterday, I finished 2nd in silver league play, but once again received no parts, so am unable to craft it.

I suspect that this may be related to a second account that I created, also named PythonDjango, in the Apple group. Both PythonDjango accounts are associated with my Facebook account.

Apple events end one hour earlier than Amazon's, and if I'm correct, the Apple PythonDjango account receives league event parts, then an hour later, when the Amazon PythonDjango should receive parts, the process that awards parts mistakenly determines that they've already been awarded because my Apple account received parts.

Once again, if correct, I don't know if this is only because I have two accounts associated with the same Facebook account, or if it's because the accounts on both platforms have the same username. If the issue is that two accounts shouldn't be associated with a facebook account, I don't know how to disconnect them once they've been connected. Besides, I'm reluctant to change any configurations that I might try (like my Apple username) while (I hope) the issue is being investigated. I'm a programmer by trade, so know the importance of being able to replicate behaviors when troubleshooting.

Please forward this issue to the developers; the longer this issue persists without resolution, the farther I'm falling behind being able to craft and upgrade guns that other players are receiving.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Aside from parts being an ongoing Amazon problem, did you actually receive the parts on IOS?

I do not believe that Facebook plays any role in parts being awarded. I also do not believe that parts awards are centrally distributed; what happens on IOS does not affect Amazon in any way and visa versa.

There is one thing you can do to get rid of the account associated with your IOS device though. Do a fresh install using a different account. The new account will then be associated with the device and the old account should be deleted.

From what I can tell, if you change the account the old one is deleted but there is no way to delete an account outright.

Customer Service and the GLU ADMIN have been MIA for weeks and it's anyone's guess what that means; abandoned the game entirely OR feverishly working on a new release?

My gut tells me we've been abandoned. SMH
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Yes, I've been receiving League Event parts on my iPhone (though in much smaller quantities).

I'd guess that there are at least 10 times as many players in the Apple group, so it's a whole lot more competitive than Amazon.
  • Options
    There is a sure fire way to test out your theory ... next Global do not compete on IOS, consequently no parts can be awarded. If your theory is correct, you should then receive the parts on Amazon, if NOT then it's another (or existing) bug.

I believe that TRY_AGAIN mentioned that the parts glitch doesn't happen all the time and doesn't affect everyone.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I have another player who hasn't received weapons parts for the Pony sniper, nor last week for the Tuonela heavy gun;

DARKSIDEDEATH
    Kindle HD
    ver 4.1.1

Yes, he said CC told him to install the latest release, which he found last night. I don't see on the Amazon App anything other than 4.0.1, but maybe they have this just for certain Kindles? And others in the Bravest clan with Kindles also say their latest version is 4.0.1. However, this update did not get him the parts he was due this morning.
  • Options
    I considered stopping IOS play, but I've rather enjoyed building a viable player in a very competitive environment using cash guns and free equipment from map spins. I tried a while back, but I was playing on an iPad 2, and that was before league gold milestones and clan tokens for spins. Maybe finishing outside of top 20 in today's league play will test the issue...

I'm not sure if my issue is the same as those who reported they aren't receiving any parts, because I'm getting parts from the Global Events, but not from League Events.

Part of what's been very frustrating is that contrary to what a lot of people have said about GLU's customer support, they've mostly been pretty responsive to my requests. Asking that drone parts be deleted didn't work out so well, but at least they've generally responded quickly.

I attributed the difference as that I make an effort to be respectful and fully describe the behavior I'm reporting as why they got back to me more quickly than someone who throws a verbal temper tantrum. That hasn't been the case this time, so maybe I just got lucky before, although in fairness, it's been a holiday season for customer service too.
  • Options
    I'd agree to cut them some slack around X-mas, but it's 01/05. In the past they've been responsive, even if slow. The last few weeks since HANDLES left, we haven't heard a peep out of them.