Server Maintainence

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
Well boys and girls, I happened to wake up in the middle of sleep and discovered this:

e61y76.png

As is typical with GLU, it is so nice when they give us advance warning. LOL

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Another IOS exclusive (thus far) I presume, but one would ask maintenance for (of) what? Oh I know, they need to reset the system clock :) several hours eh?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Must be the update to the retraction to the update for drones?

One more Alpha/non tested tweak for the guinea pigs - iOS! Man, you guys are SO lucky!
  • Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
    Thanks try again. Don't need another chain drive though. LOL. I didn't see any change after the update on IOS
    So, Amazon and I assume Google are getting this update today 27 January.

Did anyone figure out what changed, added, deleted...? Maybe they added new bot names!

I guess it could be a change on Glu's end with actual "Server Maintenance".
    Good Morning,

Yeah we have Server Maintenance on Google as well. Whatever they're maintaining is cool since finally the game appears to have been pretty much stable for a few months now, so I won't knock 'em. But there is one thing I would like from them ...

... how about some WAR PAINT, for my rapidly aging, weapon? LMAO I've been running around killing bad guys, using a flat white weapon with olive green sights, for over a week now :)

Hopefully I can get in a few before I head off to work.
    06:22 AM EST and SERVER MAINTENANCE has concluded. :) I don't know how, but I have 37 weapons parts for the SHEOL. I wasn't paying attention, since I never wanted the weapon ... just cruising along, oh well ... such is life.

If acquired ... JEEZ, this would be my 4th dating back to 09/23 and the KARMA ... 17.5, 18.5, 19.5 and counting. Every month like clock work one of these "chains" are added to my inventory & never used ...
    ... what a waste but it goes to show just how many HEAVY weapons are being offered each cycle; I've also grabbed a couple with optical sights. I even have a couple with the same rating and this is all in the last 3 months ... come on, enough already !!!

*** SMH *** SMILES ***

I was curious so here's a quick list (owned) and I'm sure there were several that I never competed for, as well as many a clone. Twice is a coincidence, thrice is a pattern.

17.5 KARMA (iron) ... used (for about a week)
    17.5 BLOBFISH (optics) ... used
    17.5 JAHANNAM (iron) ... never used
    18.5 TUONELA (iron) ... never used
    18.5 SPANISH BOOT (optics) ... used (current HEAVY)

I also remember BRAD stating, after acquiring the KARMA, that "this was the start of a string of chain driven weapons that would be offered"; didn't think much of it at the time :(
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I have 41 Sheol parts and am going to attempt a top 10 finish in Silver League today to pick up 10 more. I have the 19.5 Admiral, fully upgraded to 80.48M, which I love, so I am not looking for a replacement, but I do want to "test drive" the latest flat-top, chain driven, iron sighted Gatling offering, just to make sure that the weapon is the same POS as it's predecessors.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I have 41 Sheol parts and am going to attempt a top 10 finish in Silver League today to pick up 10 more. I have the 19.5 Admiral, fully upgraded to 80.48M, which I love, so I am not looking for a replacement, but I do want to "test drive" the latest flat-top, chain driven, iron sighted Gatling offering, just to make sure that the weapon is the same POS as it's predecessors.

LMAO and for a little perspective, the 14.5 SEIGE TOWER (my beloved) was the weapon du jour until we acquired the 17.5 KARMA. That's right 14.5 !!!
    Jahannam was the only 17.5 I had, so got use to the iron back then. Judas Cradle 18.5 was more accurate with the optics, and upgraded quickly until clan kept talking about the Spanish Boot 18.5 which was unreal for a week. Didn't try the Tuonela 18.5 but just once to remember the chain drive, but now full time on the Sheol 19.5 which I kinda like 40% upgraded.

Junior could go for the Amenti 19.5 58.98/90.31M tonight, but I've got 2 different clan members that would like it too, and do I really want to get ONE MORE of these lead pumps? I mean, really?

The next tesla will be my time to spend gold, so the answer is simple... Can we get back to some normal schedule please?
    try_again wrote: »
    Jahannam was the only 17.5 I had, so got use to the iron back then. Judas Cradle 18.5 was more accurate with the optics, and upgraded quickly until clan kept talking about the Spanish Boot 18.5 which was unreal for a week. Didn't try the Tuonela 18.5 but just once to remember the chain drive, but now full time on the Sheol 19.5 which I kinda like 40% upgraded.

Junior could go for the Amenti 19.5 58.98/90.31M tonight, but I've got 2 different clan members that would like it too, and do I really want to get ONE MORE of these lead pumps? I mean, really?

The next tesla will be my time to spend gold, so the answer is simple... Can we get back to some normal schedule please?

So you like the SHEOL ... do you find it easier to operate than the JAHANNAM OR are you just getting use to using the chain drives? I kinda of thought of them all being more or less the same with the only difference being the power rating.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    So you like the SHOEL ... do you find it easier to operate than the JAHANNAM OR are you just getting use to using the chain drives? I kinda of thought of them all being more or less the same with the only difference being the power rating.

If I use a little more thumb pressure, the sites stay fairly steady. The delay doesn't seem too bad, and the fire rate is better than the optic guns.

Come to think of it, I haven't had some of the slow frame rate issues that I had for a while. Still get a crash if I don't clear cache every 6-12 pvps,so I guess I'm cruising again.

On the Tab S Pro, I've looked before for the heck of it after running CKS steady for several days, and there was 48MB in cache! Seems to me, that's sloppy programming? If I don't clear out the Nexus at around 6-10MB, it's sure to crash.
    Is it me or have the free energies disappeared? I don't remember seeing one since the Global. You know the daily free energy videos ... as a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I think the videos in general have vanished.

I just couldn't resist, so I did some experimenting.

The "DOUBLE CASH" videos are still playing, but all of the others such as videos for free GRENADES, MEDKITS, KNIVES, ROCKETS and 1 FREE ENERGY have ceased on Google Play.

What can I tell you, I notice the minutia ... it's a curse, believe me.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Is it me or have the free energies disappeared? I don't remember seeing one since the Global. You know the daily free energy videos ... as a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I think the videos in general have vanished.

I just couldn't resist, so I did some experimenting.

The "DOUBLE CASH" videos are still playing, but all of the others such as videos for free GRENADES, MEDKITS, KNIVES, ROCKETS and 1 FREE ENERGY have ceased on Google Play.

What can I tell you, I notice the minutia ... it's a curse, believe me.

IOS is still offering occasional free energy and Medkits. Double Cash is still the same. I am still suffering from the glitch that forces a reboot after a free Gold video. In short nothing is being given away on IOS.
    And Amazon has NEVER offered any videos for freebies from day 1. There use to be some videos and websites in the Free Gold part of the gold menu, but those advertisers have long ago disappeared.

But with the store token miscellaneous box, you can get items for free. So there is a possibility that has worked for me.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    IOS is still offering occasional free energy and Medkits. Double Cash is still the same. I am still suffering from the glitch that forces a reboot after a free Gold video. In short nothing is being given away on IOS.

I am also suffering with having to reboot after every gold video. Complained to Customer Care about the problem and received a response back that "It takes time to isolate and repair issues like this and to be aware that after it is repaired that it is not uncommon for the problem to resurface, so I need to have patience, while the Dev Team is working on the issue."

BTW, I did check in the mirror and I still don't see "Stupid" written across my forehead. LOL
    concerned wrote: »
    I am also suffering with having to reboot after every gold video. Complained to Customer Care about the problem and received a response back that "It takes time to isolate and repair issues like this and to be aware that after it is repaired that it is not uncommon for the problem to resurface, so I need to have patience, while the Dev Team is working on the issue."

BTW, I did check in the mirror and I still don't see "Stupid" written across my forehead. LOL

When you guys refer to "reboot", I assume you really mean restart the game right? I can't imagine why a video would cause your "device" to need a reboot unless it's locking up memory somehow.

What's been an annoyance for me, and it seems like forever since I complained to GLU, is that the game restarts following any of those popup ads (about prizes) that run during Global Events. It happens every time I change from playing PvP to upgrading the drone ... an ad pops up. I've worked around it by trying to do drone upgrades mostly during league events.

Once in drone upgrade mode, it stops and everything is fine. But if I go to the store and return to drone upgrades, the game restarts ... so on and so on.

What's really "stupid" about these ads is that is advertising the weapon being offered in the Global, like we need a popup ad to figure that out ...

That response you received from GLU is ridiculous ... and typical.

*** SMH ***
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    When you guys refer to "reboot", I assume you really mean restart the game right? I can't imagine why a video would cause your "device" to need a reboot unless it's locking up memory somehow.

What's been an annoyance for me, and it seems like forever since I complained to GLU, is that the game restarts following any of those popup ads (about prizes) that run during Global Events. It happens every time I change from playing PvP to upgrading the drone ... an ad pops up. I've worked around it by trying to do drone upgrades mostly during league events.

Once in drone upgrade mode, it stops and everything is fine. But if I go to the store and return to drone upgrades, the game restarts ... so on and so on.

What's really "stupid" about these ads is that is advertising the weapon being offered in the Global, like we need a popup ad to figure that out ...

That response you received from GLU is ridiculous ... and typical.

*** SMH ***

Probably restart would be the correct term. We have to manually close the app and then restart CKS.

What is happening is we watch the Gold video, as normal, and when it is done, the screen that says you won 1 gold pops up. However, when you press the Next button, to claim the gold bar and to clear that screen, you can press the next button until the cows come home, and the screen never clears. I can see that the button is pressing, but it just does not work.

So the app has to be closed and then restarted. When the app restarts, the gold award screen is still there, but now the next button works and I can collect my bar of gold. This routine happens constantly after every gold video is watched.

Now we both now, that this should be an easy fix for a competent Dev Team, but this is GLU that we are talking about.
  • Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
    Server maintenance on ios this morning.
    Server Maintenance on Google Play (yep ... again) started @ 07:20 AM EST.

Still maintaining 3 hours later (10:18 AM EST) ... it must be a goodie and I Wonder if I'll get a new paint job for my URSA? :)
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Amazon's down too; my clan has been screwed out of a 9AM clan war match -- we were in first place, but won't finish well unless they keep the server offline for 24 hours so that everyone's season is impacted equally.
    Amazon's down too; my clan has been screwed out of a 9AM clan war match -- we were in first place, but won't finish well unless they keep the server offline for 24 hours so that everyone's season is impacted equally.

Google Play is back up as of 11:52 AM EST; about 4.5 hours of "maintenance" so that should be the max for Amazon ... sorry Buddy :(