Options

CKS HQ: Clan Wars requests/suggestions

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    W

I am sorry to say that is is worse than you thought, Scorpion. Below I have posted a response from some "idiot" named GLUAdmin, on what to do if your game is crashing. I have included the link to the page. It is an old post, granted. But come on, where is some common sense?

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?589-My-game-is-CRASHING-what-do-I-do

vqk709.jpg

At the bottom of the page, this expert states that if you have tried his fixes, and you are still having problems, then put your device into Airplane Mode and try launching the game.

What did he just say?????

Airplane mode toggles off your wifi, so that your iPad, iPhone, or whatever can be used while on an airplane.

So......

Let me see if I have this straight, this so called GLU expert wants me to disable my wifi and then launch my game that REQUIRES an Internet connection to load.

Are you kidding me. I almost hurt myself falling out of my chair and ROFLMFAO.

LMAO ... I'll take a look at this article, but I do have one question ... can you play games on an iPOD ???
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    LMAO ... I'll take a look at this article, but I do have one question ... can you play games on an iPOD ???

I could not, my eyes are now getting bad enough, that I am thinking about picking up one of those 5x magnification mirrors so that I shave in the morning, lol. But still, how can you do anything but listen to music, on an iPod.

But seriously, all of the game developers claim that you can play their games on an iPod. I just checked and GLU claims that this version of CKS will run on an iPod Touch. For the life of me, I just can not see how it would be possible.

What would be interesting would be your take on the next section of that post. It deals with to do if you are having the same problems on your android.
  • Options
    I could not, my eyes are now getting bad enough, that I am thinking about picking up one of those 5x magnification mirrors so that I shave in the morning, lol. But still, how can you do anything but listen to music, on an iPod.

But seriously, all of the game developers claim that you can play their games on an iPod. I just checked and GLU claims that this version of CKS will run on an iPod Touch. For the life of me, I just can not see how it would be possible.

What would be interesting would be your take on the next section of that post. It deals with to do if you are having the same problems on your android.

I just read through the article and "airplane mode" is total nonsense, for the obvious reasons.

With regards to performance on Android, he was pretty much accurate. Since CKS (I suspect other GLU games as well) is a resource hog, anything that would provide the "hog" with more resources can help. Developers of Android apps have a tendency (which I don't agree with) to have processes always running in the background. The main reason is for using "Location Services" to provide a customized experience for anything from maps to weather to Facebook.

My feeling is that I'll turn it on when I need to use that feature. Unfortunately, many Android users much like iOS users, are not aware that these background processes are even running, let alone how to turn them off. I also have a rather simple philosophy regarding location services ... I don't want ANYONE "tracking" my movements, most of all a foreign developer LOL it's bad enough that the USA knows everything about you.

Now where his "tip" goes astray is that by using the "force close" method, you're not accomplishing much. Most of these processes will automatically (eventually) restart when unexpectedly terminated. The proper way is to disable the process from starting at all, which 99% of the time is during device startup.

For "normal demand" for resources by apps, none of this is required since their relative footprint on any system resource is small. Playing video games changes the rules obviously since games such as CKS will use most, if not all, of available system memory and the more you give it the more it will eat.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    As the first post-upgrade CW moves into its last day, I wanted to share some thoughts. The matching algorithm has remained entirely predictable. You will be matched against the Clan closest to you in Trophies won. The Trophy value is still a mystery, all of our later round matches, both offensive and defensive, have been in the neighborhood of 690 to 720, with the exception of one massive 861 Trophy loss to Antikingdom.

The top 5 leaderboard clans are all Level 5 or higher, though there a several Level 3 Clans lower on the Leaderboard. (The ship has clearly sailed for Level 1 and 2 Clans) The pace of Clan Base upgrades is increasing, there are now 2 Level 7 Clans, 3 Level 6 Clans and at least 13 Level 5 Clans on IOS platform.

All of the Clans at the top of the Leaderboard have at least 18 members. Smaller clans are at a clear disadvantage.

The allocation of Trophies and the effect of higher Map levels remains unclear to me, but all of our later round opponents are using higher map levels.

What one does with the Tokens that ones wins remains a mystery as well, though Glu is still offering that lovely Santa Suit.

One final note: Under the old matching system, I had felt that it was possible to build a clan with high defensive potential to win defensive contests. While Elites held one Level 2 clan to zero Trophies in an early round, we have not won a defensive battle since, even though one of our front line members has a maxxed out Base with a 48.1M Drone with 48M weapons all round. A defensive strategy may well still work at lower levels, but for clans on the Leaderboard, it is not much help.
  • Options
    IOS App Developers probably went to the same school, as the Android Developers. What I really like, is I have downloaded a calculator app for my iPad 2. Since I am too "cheap" to pay to remove to ads, I am constantly bombarded with requests to turn on location services and also to install the Google app.

Enough already, all I want is a calculator. I am not interested in any of the ads, but like I said, I am to cheap to pay to remove them.
  • Options
    IOS App Developers probably went to the same school, as the Android Developers. What I really like, is I have downloaded a calculator app for my iPad 2. Since I am too "cheap" to pay to remove to ads, I am constantly bombarded with requests to turn on location services and also to install the Google app.

Enough already, all I want is a calculator. I am not interested in any of the ads, but like I said, I am to cheap to pay to remove them.

Yes I forgot to mention those "ads" which are customized based it part on your location. Between Google and Facebook they've got the entire Solar System mapped out and know where just about every human is as well. Be careful with that adware since there is more at risk than catching a virus these days.

There are Android apps that remove ads from other apps but could break the offending app in the process, so it's hit and miss ... try to find one for iOS.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    As the first post-upgrade CW moves into its last day, I wanted to share some thoughts. The matching algorithm has remained entirely predictable. You will be matched against the Clan closest to you in Trophies won. The Trophy value is still a mystery, all of our later round matches, both offensive and defensive, have been in the neighborhood of 690 to 720, with the exception of one massive 861 Trophy loss to Antikingdom.

The top 5 leaderboard clans are all Level 5 or higher, though there a several Level 3 Clans lower on the Leaderboard. (The ship has clearly sailed for Level 1 and 2 Clans) The pace of Clan Base upgrades is increasing, there are now 2 Level 7 Clans, 3 Level 6 Clans and at least 13 Level 5 Clans on IOS platform.

All of the Clans at the top of the Leaderboard have at least 18 members. Smaller clans are at a clear disadvantage.

The allocation of Trophies and the effect of higher Map levels remains unclear to me, but all of our later round opponents are using higher map levels.

What one does with the Tokens that ones wins remains a mystery as well, though Glu is still offering that lovely Santa Suit.

One final note: Under the old matching system, I had felt that it was possible to build a clan with high defensive potential to win defensive contests. While Elites held one Level 2 clan to zero Trophies in an early round, we have not won a defensive battle since, even though one of our front line members has a maxxed out Base with a 48.1M Drone with 48M weapons all round. A defensive strategy may well still work at lower levels, but for clans on the Leaderboard, it is not much help.

I am still learning but the concepts of TROPHIES and TOKENS and how they can be used is starting to get under my skin. Here are a couple of suggestions:

TROPHIES: since these are related more to a clan's success, let's see something that can benefit the entire clan like weapons parts for each clan member.

TOKENS: this one is easy. Treat tokens as you would diamonds. Use them to upgrade anything you wish. This has two benefits as I see it. (1) it takes the edge off using PvP battles to win diamonds which are essentially used for upgrades exclusively. (2) It won't hurt GLU at all since the lost PvP battles will be made up via Clan Wars battles, might even exceed PvP in some instances ...
    ...under certain circumstances ...

... YEAH I like that one TOKENS = DIAMONDS ... that's the ticket, using a weighted cost structure since one would win many more diamonds than tokens
    ... OR revamp the award system to use a single currency
    ... OR provide some built in conversion rate @ 1-10 ... 1 TOKEN = 10 DIAMONDS (or something similar).

Maybe TOKENS having some derived value based on vault capacity (or DIAMOND production) of the Clan Member's base tier. This would result in better exchange rates for higher tiers.

Come on GLU ... put some thought into this please :)
  • Options
    I am still learning but the concepts of TROPHIES and TOKENS and how they can be used is starting to get under my skin. Here are a couple of suggestions:

TROPHIES: since these are related more to a clan's success, let's see something that can benefit the entire clan like weapons parts for each clan member.

TOKENS: this one is easy. Treat tokens as you would diamonds. Use them to upgrade anything you wish. This has two benefits as I see it. (1) it takes the edge off using PvP battles to win diamonds which are essentially used for upgrades exclusively. (2) It won't hurt GLU at all since the lost PvP battles will be made up via Clan Wars battles, might even exceed PvP in some instances ...
    ...under certain circumstances ...

... YEAH I like that one TOKENS = DIAMONDS ... that's the ticket, using a weighted cost structure since one would win many more diamonds than tokens
    ... OR revamp the award system to use a single currency
    ... OR provide some built in conversion rate.

Sadly Glu ended the Tokens upgrade program on IOS some time ago. On IOS, the only thing that Tokens can be used for is for spins to win "Unique Items", like the Santa Suit.

Trophies appear to be nothing more than a label on the Clan Wars Season score and seem to disappear afterward.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Sadly Glu ended the Tokens upgrade program on IOS some time ago. On IOS, the only thing that Tokens can be used for is for spins to win "Unique Items", like the Santa Suit.

Trophies appear to be nothing more than a label on the Clan Wars Season score and seem to disappear afterward.

Aw Shucks !!! *grin* Seems like GLU has discontinued, taken away, ended more features than they have introduced. On Android, at least I can still add to my knife collection ***SMILES***

If the GLUTONS gave this any thought, they would have used the "Santa Suit" as a seasonal HaHa and NOT the usual.

I had a girlfriend in college who would always tell me "If you had a brain you would be dangerous". She passed away a number of years ago, but I still remember that phrase. :)
  • Options
    Aw Shucks !!! *grin* Seems like GLU has discontinued, taken away, ended more features than they have introduced. On Android, at least I can still add to my knife collection ***SMILES***

If the GLUTONS gave this any thought, they would have used the "Santa Suit" as a seasonal HaHa and NOT the usual.

I had a girlfriend in college who would always tell me "If you had a brain you would be dangerous". She passed away a number of years ago, but I still remember that phrase. :)

Mine used to say to me, "When God passed out brains, you must have thought he said pains, and you said that you did not want any.
  • Options

I am holding out for the Easter Bunny costume, but so far, nothing.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Comegetsome came from behind and won another one. We're now 6 out of 11 seasons in 1st place.

Defensive attacks still seem without any intended algorithm. 2 of our last defenses where for 0/200 by "bot clans" - when clan name is clicked, it says "Clan does not exist".
  • Options
    OK I've been at it for awhile now and although the concept of Clan Wars is interesting, it has a single (monumental) flaw that I personally will find difficult to get past.

It is hard enough for me to muster up enough motivation to fight PvP these days and the juices only get flowing when there's a weapon I need up for grabs. The useless tokens and vanishing trophies has me stymied.

The TOP CLANS are always on top, so the leaderboard is quite meaningless since the Clan's Members are also on the PvP leaderboard ... a complete idiot can figure out who's going to win these wars most of the time. AND THAT is the biggest problem ... win WHAT?

There are absolutely no meaningful rewards; not even parts for that ridiculous drone.

It's different and in a game that is boring me to tears with endlessly repeating tasks and battle scenarios, the change is welcomed.

This will not keep my interest very long however ... I need some sort of carrot to even start the engines.

Now this I cannot understand at all. Clan Wars clearly has the potential to be something quite interesting, but without prizes it's just another dumb and (eventually) boring feature. What GLU needs is a team member with an imagination.

They could start off (until they design something better) by allowing us to use the tokens any way we wish ... as I said, it's (only) a start. :) If only I could trade in a thousand knives for a drone level.

Where are their creative thinkers? I mean they're in the "video game" business right?

Another thought, that I have been tossing around for a few months now, is that CKS (in all it's glory) is designed for new players and NOT for veteran players. You see it in everything from game features to progress milestones to sale items in The Store.

The incentives for players who are current do not exist; in fact, if you closely examine the latest round of upgrades, GLU is trying to tell us that we have collectively overstayed our welcome and to remain is going to cost us dearly.

How rude .....

*** SMH ***
  • Options
    Scorpion, I agree with all of your points about Clan Wars, Glu needs to create meaningful rewards for winning Trophies and Tokens, they need to make CW more engaging than just a few minutes a day 6 days a week and they need to create a broader mechanism for using excess parts for needed upgrades. However, the fact that the same clans win every week may be a good thing, since it shows that the CW competition is something more than just stochastic.

On IOS, week after week, totally unheard of Level 2 and 3 clans would magically appear at the top of the Leaderboard, for no explicable reason. This was frustrating for Clans that had worked hard at personal defenses, Clan Base upgrades and acquiring higher map levels. For the first time this CW, excellence was rewarded in CW on IOS, the strongest teams worked their way to the top, and they results were far from predictable, I sweated out my clans #2 finish (our best ever) until after the last CW.

If CW rewards excellence and if commitment to the Clan's goals are rewarded, CW will flourish. If it continues not to offer meaningful goals and rewards, it will not. And I will say this yet again: If Glu would explain why better maps and Clan Base upgrades are to a clan's advantage, they would make it much easier to make the commitment to the hard work required to do those upgrades. So far they have left us in the dark, with little or no motivation to play (and pay) for those upgrades.
  • Options
    I hear you loud and clear Brother. When I stated the leaderboard was meaningless, I didn't mean devoid of effort but rather what being on the leaderboard represents. ALL Leaderboard members work their tails off, no doubting that. What we need are better prizes; in this case ANY (meaningful) prizes would be welcomed.

The potential is clearly there ... the basic constructs are strangely missing. I have not passed my final judgment and am quite willing to give the GLUTONS another release to see if we're going in the right direction.

I also remember that when we were "current" many months back, there was always something in The Store that could "enhance" our gaming experiences and I could, most of the time, purchase something using CASH or GOLD. Now I can't even remember when I last purchased anything from The Store. I sort of remember a HEAVY weapon late last summer ... that's it. I once LOVED tossing grenades; that's dead and GLU has effectively removed a feature that I personally liked.
  • Options
    I hear you loud and clear Brother. When I stated the leaderboard was meaningless, I didn't mean devoid of effort but rather what being on the leaderboard represents. ALL Leaderboard members work their tails off, no doubting that. What we need are better prizes; in this case ANY (meaningful) prizes would be welcomed.

The potential is clearly there ... the basic constructs are strangely missing. I have not passed my final judgment and am quite willing to give the GLUTONS another release to see if we're going in the right direction.

One of the missing elements is scoring for a Clan wars season. Yesterday's CW is gone and only a handful of players remember who won or even care. They have a CW "Season" why not season scores?
  • Options
    Here is an update on the status of Clan Wars (CW): Last week was a disaster. For some reason, the algo which had been fixed the week before was somehow broken again. Elites got matched over and over against one member, low value clans and in one case we got matched against a non-existent clan and got zero Trophies. The week before Elites had finished #2, last week we limped in to a #53 finish. I got a couple of notes from Glu promising to "re-fix" it, but the CW ended in chaos.

The CW is operating much better this week, with matches in the later rounds being based on total Trophies.

Two things still need to be fixed: First, they need to eliminate multiple chances to win a particular battle. Either you win a contest and get the Trophies or you lose and go away empty handed. This game already favors the attacker heavily without allowing multiple chances to get the job done.

Second, the early rounds need to be matched better. Since everybody starts with 1000 Trophies, matches are essentially random. They need to at least match large Clans against other large Clans.

I am back to developing some enthusiasm over CW after a frustrating CW Season last week.
  • Options
    OK here is my final observation until GLU releases another CLAN WARS upgrade ...
    (hopefully, sooner rather than later).

There's no need is rehashing the lack of a meaningful award structure; that's pretty much consistent across CKS anyways.

Let's talk battles ...

After one solid month of CW participation and probably roughly 100-150 CW battles, it has become painfully obvious that the battles themselves are ridiculously easy; far less difficult that PvP battles. I have no idea why this is the case.

You would need to be blindfolded and have your hands (thumbs) handcuffed behind your back in order to lose a battle.

All of that said, with everyone winning battles, the top players/clans are still being penalized by not being able to collect the number of trophies reflective of their efforts. On the other hand, I have collected thousands of knives and grenades and even though I love throwing grenades, I'll never use all of these. With all of the medkits available, anyone who finds themselves losing any type of battle, should probably switch games; Subway Surfers may be more to their liking.

I handed over my tablet to my 5 year old nephew while his was charging and let him fight CW. Within seconds he said the game was broken ... this is a 5 year old. When I asked him why, he said the game ended before he could shoot anyone.

Straight from the mouths of babes.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    With regard to the win without fighting, if a clan sets up their map with one of the opening hexes empty (the ones with arrows), when that hex is attacked, it is an instant win with no VP, but usually 280 or a bit less tokens and I think no trophies (forget that part).
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    With regard to the win without fighting, if a clan sets up their map with one of the opening hexes empty (the ones with arrows), when that hex is attacked, it is an instant win with no VP, but usually 280 or a bit less tokens and I think no trophies (forget that part).

Thanks ... I was wondering about those, so now I have another question why would a CLAN set up a map that way?

My nephew was complaining about the drone in this case. He took a shot and before he could line up his next target, the drone had cleared the place out. Even the campaign contracts put up more of a fight.

This is one aspect that I really do not understand. They give you 3 battles and they're over in seconds.

I think we should have a contest for the fastest "spook kill".

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    It might work against small clans, or groups with few active members during war times. But with 3 attacks per person, that's a stretch. So, the first 4 shots are wasted, that much less to complete a full victory.

And I noticed trophies are awarded for vacant hexes.
  • Options
    I will like to see the battle match algorithm fixed. It is a little ridiculous that out of our last 6 battles, my clan has been attacked 4 times.

1zwc9w8.jpg

Of the three battles where the opponents were not able to defeat us, they only had 5 or 6 members. Does GLU really think that having our 18 man Clan fight against Clans with 1, 2, 5 or 6 member Clans is something that is enjoyable?

The sad part is by being matched against both Clans that have no hope to defeat us, as well as fighting Clans, where the war is over in seconds, we can't even score enough points to make it into the top 30.

Also, not that it really matters, but why has the GLU Brain Trust decided that we need 8 minutes to complete Clan War battles, when we only get 5 minutes to fight a PVP battle?
  • Options
    I will like to see the battle match algorithm fixed. It is a little ridiculous that out of our last 6 battles, my clan has been attacked 4 times.

Of the three battles where the opponents were not able to defeat us, they only had 5 or 6 members. Does GLU really think that having our 18 man Clan fight against Clans with 1, 2, 5 or 6 member Clans is something that is enjoyable?

The sad part is by being matched against both Clans that have no hope to defeat us, as well as fighting Clans, where the war is over in seconds, we can't even score enough points to make it into the top 30.

Out of curiosity, I went back to the battle log. There appears to be 1 CLAN DEFENSE for every 5 CLAN ATTACKS, on average. It also appears that the small member CLANS lose pretty much all of the time (this probably explains why my CW battles are so easy).

Shouldn't DEFENSES and ATTACKS be along the lines of 50/50 ?

I would agree that the match-maker needs to be improved. I'm no expert, but maybe minimum requirements to participate in Clan Wars might help ??? At least a minimum number of clan members.

Is there any such thing as a Clan War bot? Maybe GLU could fill in the gaps by using bots?
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, I went back to the battle log. There appears to be 1 CLAN DEFENSE for every 5 CLAN ATTACKS, on average. It also appears that the small member CLANS lose pretty much all of the time (this probably explains why my CW battles are so easy).

Shouldn't DEFENSES and ATTACKS be along the lines of 50/50 ?

I would agree that the match-maker needs to be improved. I'm no expert, but maybe minimum requirements to participate in Clan Wars might help ??? At least a minimum number of clan members.

Is there any such thing as a Clan War bot? Maybe GLU could fill in the gaps by using bots?

I am almost certain that they do indeed have Clan War Bots. There have been several times that I have gone back and tried to check clans that we have attacked, only to get a message that clan does not exist. What else can it be but a bot?

But this is GLU that we are talking about.
  • Options
    Good Morning ...

Here's another CW battle scenario that I was wondering if someone could clarify.

I happened upon a CW just as it was starting and the enemy map was small and simple but had only 4 hexes occupied; all were being attacked by my fellow clan members.

I didn't think much about it but thought it strange that the map itself was relatively so small. I went back to PvP and fought 3 quickies and came back to CW a few minutes later only to find that the map had changed, was larger and had a dozen or so hexes occupied.

I fought my customary 3 CW battles (won, of course :)) and returned to the Global.

What do you make of this? Some possibilities:

(1) the map was still loading when I first visited
    (2) the map was changed by the opponent during the CW
    (3) more players were added to the map AFTER the CW started

Ever perplexed by Clan Wars :(
  • Options
    Good Morning ...

Here's another CW battle scenario that I was wondering if someone could clarify.

I happened upon a CW just as it was starting and the enemy map was small and simple but had only 4 hexes occupied; all were being attacked by my fellow clan members.

I didn't think much about it but thought it strange that the map itself was relatively so small. I went back to PvP and fought 3 quickies and came back to CW a few minutes later only to find that the map had changed, was larger and had a dozen or so hexes occupied.

I fought my customary 3 CW battles (won, of course :)) and returned to the Global.

What do make of this? Some possibilities:

(1) the map was still loading when I first visited
    (2) the map was changed by the opponent during the CW
    (3) more players were added to the map AFTER the CW started

Ever perplexed by Clan Wars :(

I have seen the same thing. The only thing that I think of is maybe it is this map.

seat6o.jpg

The 4 square map shows up first, then the big map shows. But who knows.
  • Options
    Now here is the Clan War to end all Clan Wars. I defy anybody to top this latest screw up by GLU. LOL

The war was over before it even started.

2i3h1h.jpg

We won 23/23 Trophies. Meanwhile, I was attacked and lost 34 trophies, at the same time.
  • Options
    Just when I think that I have seen everything, here we go again.

We attack CCCP for 23/23 trophies.

Meanwhile, during the exact same Clan War period, CCCP attacks us and wins 463/463 trophies.

2m7x7a0.jpg

Now, can anyone top this? SMH
  • Options
    There is currently a major problem with Clan Wars. Clans have been able to empty the C**** map and give away almost no points. Right now on IOS, Fujiyama, and most of the Chinese and Russian clans have empty maps. This makes Clan Wars a total joke. I have written several complaints to Glu and they have promised a fix, but so far nothing.
  • Options
    Just when I think that I have seen everything, here we go again.

We attack CCCP for 23/23 trophies.

Meanwhile, during the exact same Clan War period, CCCP attacks us and wins 463/463 trophies.

Now, can anyone top this? SMH

Greetings Gents,

So let me see if I'm following this latest CW interchange ... the CW "map" was empty and the war itself ended BEFORE it could be populated with enemy clan members? ... later on you attack the CCCP clan (assuming the map became populated somehow), you attack and win 23 trophies; they attack you back and win 463 trophies?

It seems to me the problem (aside from CW itself being a classic mess), is that you have 20x more trophies to lose than your opponent does. Assuming these were trophies won from earlier battles, then there should be a better way of protecting your trophies, something similar to a diamonds vault. It won't guarantee the trophies won't be "raided" to some extent, but it should lessen the take, correct?

I think you guys just like confusing the hell out of me ... I give up :(

*** SMH ***