CKS HQ: Clan Wars requests/suggestions

13Next

Comments

• concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    There is currently a major problem with Clan Wars. Clans have been able to empty the C**** map and give away almost no points. Right now on IOS, Fujiyama, and most of the Chinese and Russian clans have empty maps. This makes Clan Wars a total joke. I have written several complaints to Glu and they have promised a fix, but so far nothing.

Total joke is putting it mildly. I, too, have written complaints to CC, so far all I have to show for it is their typical auto responses.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Greetings Gents,

So let me see if I'm following this latest CW interchange ... the CW "map" was empty and the war itself ended BEFORE it could be populated with enemy clan members? ... later on you attack the CCCP clan (assuming the map became populated somehow), you attack and win 23 trophies; they attack you back and win 463 trophies?

It seems to me the problem (aside from CW itself being a classic mess), is that you have 20x more trophies to lose than your opponent does. Assuming these were trophies won from earlier battles, then there should be a better way of protecting your trophies, something similar to a diamonds vault. It won't guarantee the trophies won't be "raided" to some extent, but it should lessen the take, correct?

I think you guys just like confusing the hell out of me ... I give up :(

*** SMH ***

As best as I can figure, you have it more or less. I was in the clan war tab when the clan war started. As soon as we were matched against CCCP, a fellow clan member tablet that was a little faster than mine must have already attacked whatever had showed up. The war only lasted seconds.

In the meantime, the CCCP clan leader must have been populating their map after our war ended, and then was matched against us. Since our map was populated, and we are one of the higher value clans, we lose 463 trophies.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    As best as I can figure, you have it more or less. I was in the clan war tab when the clan war started. As soon as we were matched against CCCP, a fellow clan member tablet that was a little faster than mine must have already attacked whatever had showed up. The war only lasted seconds.

In the meantime, the CCCP clan leader must have been populating their map after our war ended, and then was matched against us. Since our map was populated, and we are one of the higher value clans, we lose 463 trophies.

I've run into something similar on several occasions, usually when "I'm On Time" for a CW battle. When I come back a little later, then the map is fully populated. I doubt if it's the device's speed or otherwise, just a matter of timing between your device and the GLU servers ... I know ... don't ask ME :)

Then again, it could be the opposing clan exploiting a game glitch ...
    ... when in Rome ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    So that we are clear, Clans are exploiting a "loophole" in CKS software that allowed clans to take all their players off the map. They still have a full clan, but an empty map. This means that when you attack them you win instantly, but you get only 20 or 30 trophies. This may or may not constitute cheating, but it is certainly unfair. I figured out how it was done and reported the loophole to Glu, and it may have been closed by now, but it still leaves a number of clans with no players on the map, so they never lose more than a few points.

My clan, Elites, decided that we would not exploit the "loophole", so we have 20 members on the Gorilla map, so all you guys on IOS, feel free to give us your best shot!
    So that we are clear, Clans are exploiting a "loophole" in CKS software that allowed clans to take all their players off the map. They still have a full clan, but an empty map. This means that when you attack them you win instantly, but you get only 20 or 30 trophies. This may or may not constitute cheating, but it is certainly unfair. I figured out how it was done and reported the loophole to Glu, and it may have been closed by now, but it still leaves a number of clans with no players on the map, so they never lose more than a few points.

My clan, Elites, decided that we would not exploit the "loophole", so we have 20 members on the Gorilla map, so all you guys on IOS, feel free to give us your best shot!

The situation I had experienced was a map that was "slow to populate", so to speak. I've never seen a completely empty map though. Just curious, how do you attack a hex with no opponent on it? When I tap a blank hex, nothing happens. Maybe an attack is only possible when the map is completely blank?

Who shows up in the battle log when this happens? Nobody?

I think I understand what is happening now, is it that once the CW battle begins, a shrewd opponent has figured out how to remove members from the map? ... thus leaving a "ghost" behind??? The battle has started, so the battle is running on your device ... too late to get any updates until the battle is over. Meanwhile the opponent has effectively updated the server, so when you defeat an opponent and it's time to collect the trophies ... nobody is home ... JEEZ

I think this conversation is over my head given my limited understanding of CW in general.

Poorly written code, actually code developed with absolutely no thought given to the feature. Makes you wonder what it was GLU was trying to achieve when it released CW? It's been what, 4 or 5 months or so ... I don't know ... very strange indeed.

BTW do you have a detailed breakdown for drone levels 191-210?
    Lvl Power XP
    191 51.5M 1865
    192 55.1M 1875
    193 59M 1880
    194 63.1M 1890
    195 67.6M 1900
    196 72.4M 1910
    197 77.5M 1915
    198 82.9M 1925
    199 88.8M 1940
    200 95.1M 1950
    201 101.8M 1960
    202 109M 1975
    203 116.8M 1985
    204 125M 2000
    205 133.9M 2015
    206 143.4M 2030
    207 153.6M 2045
    208 164.5M 2065
    209 176.2M 2080
    210 188.7M
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The situation I had experienced was a map that was "slow to populate", so to speak. I've never seen a completely empty map though. Just curious, how do you attack a hex with no opponent on it? When I tap a blank hex, nothing happens. Maybe an attack is only possible when the map is completely blank?

Who shows up in the battle log when this happens? Nobody?

I think I understand what is happening now, is it that once the CW battle begins, a shrewd opponent has figured out how to remove members from the map? ... thus leaving a "ghost" behind??? The battle has started, so the battle is running on your device ... too late to get any updates until the battle is over. Meanwhile the opponent has effectively updated the server, so when you defeat an opponent and it's time to collect the trophies ... nobody is home ... JEEZ

I think this conversation is over my head given my limited understanding of CW in general.

Poorly written code, actually code developed with absolutely no thought given to the feature. Makes you wonder what it was GLU was trying to achieve when it released CW? It's been what, 4 or 5 months or so ... I don't know ... very strange indeed.

BTW do you have a detailed breakdown for drone levels 191-210?

What you see is empty map, notice that the CW is over and that you have won 30 Trophies. I will post a screen shot of the next one I get.
    What you see is empty map, notice that the CW is over and that you have won 30 Trophies. I will post a screen shot of the next one I get.

Here it is. The war was over in a matter of seconds. I took the screen shot a little more that 3 minutes after the battle ended.

2i3h1h.jpg

We won 23/23 Trophies, as you can see. None of the hexes are populated.
    I have seen that CCCP map a couple of times myself, also identical maps from Ruspro, Hanoi and Fujiyama. Depressing!
    I have seen that CCCP map a couple of times myself, also identical maps from Ruspro, Hanoi and Fujiyama. Depressing!

Well, then I guess I should consider myself lucky. This is the first and only time that I have seen it.
    OK Let's shift gears a little. I propose we start listing what "we the players" feel is completely useless, in the hope that GLU will take it to heart and finally do something about it. The usual "there's a fix coming" to placate the masses isn't good enough ... it's been nearly 1/2 year since this feature was introduced and I for one would like to experience a workable (playable) Clan Wars before I retire.

So to get us started, I submit the following exhibit.

Screenshot_20160424-101153.png?psid=1

To put the above in context, I have only half heartedly been playing Clan Wars for 1-2 months and the above is what I have to show for it. I've also donated hundreds of "map parts", maybe a thousand or more (who knows, I've stopped counting).

I'm sure the veterans have accumulated many more useless items ... this is my inventory. The number of items is only part of the story; aside from an occasional well placed grenade thrown at a drone to break up the repetitive nature of battles, I do not use any of these supplemental equipment items for obvious reasons ... they have no use in battle.

From my POV, it all starts with prizes ... no prizes, no motivation and with no motivation to play, well ...

On Google Play we're losing "old" players faster than we're attracting "new" players and meaningful prizes is the primary reason. Don't get me wrong, the game itself is stable, enjoyable and those players that have been around for awhile know we've come a long way from the days of broken streaks, spontaneous restarts, dropped video frames, etc.

Communication was never a GLU strong point, but in this case, an announcement regarding the future direction of CKS, would be welcomed.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I mention one problem, why would any new player be interested in this game now?

It may be true that in Google or iOS, it is very difficult to win a weapon by parts and even harder to get it outright - top 30. But no player will be able to use anything of recent power until they're at least 3 tiers below the current weapon status and have almost the highest level attainable. So, where is that incentive?

A new player can only buy guns with in-game cash, or pay using gold.