"New Amazing Update"

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
As of 3 AM PDT, IOS server is down, apparently for the long awaited new version.

xfqphj.jpg

Not just an update, but a "New Amazing Update". Makes me kind of afraid.
Prev134

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I KNEW IT !!!!!!

Finally ... don't wanna get my expectations to high, but this is EXACTLY what we've been waiting for ... I can feel it in my bones.

I await your report SIR BRAD. :cool:

"NEW" and "AMAZING" is quite a description given the source ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Maybe "IMPROVED", too? One can only hope.

Speaking of the old days, wish Handles was around to help add/confuse the explanation!
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Given the frustrating history of CKS Updates and new Versions. I will settle for a "NOT TOO MUCH WORSE THAN THE OLD VERSION" update.
    Come on Bro, surely you would like to see a "working" CLAN WARS? Pretty much everything else is fine (relatively speaking) ...

YEP ... a working CW, then an upgrade cost moratorium would keep us here and happy. :)
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Come on Bro, surely you would like to see a "working" CLAN WARS? Pretty much everything else is fine (relatively speaking) ...

YEP ... a working CW, then an upgrade cost moratorium would keep us here and happy. :)

A CW fix is the acid test for this one. I have at least 10 replies to my 16 CCs, which date back weeks or months, complaining about CW matchups and cheating. Each of those replies has promised a "fix" with the upgrade.

Ironically, other than the perpetually broken CW, my game has been running perfectly. Video is flawless, not a single streak ending restart or resync in months.

If one were wildly enthusiastic about Glu's commitment to CKS, one could hope for some value added to the game: new features, new Drone weapons, new PVP scenarios, etc., but I am not in the wildly (or even mildly) enthusiastic camp.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    A CW fix is the acid test for this one. I have at least 10 replies to my 16 CCs, which date back weeks or months, complaining about CW matchups and cheating. Each of those replies has promised a "fix" with the upgrade.

Ironically, other than the perpetually broken CW, my game has been running perfectly. Video is flawless, not a single streak ending restart or resync in months.

If one were wildly enthusiastic about Glu's commitment to CKS, one could hope for some value added to the game: new features, new Drone weapons, new PVP scenarios, etc., but I am not in the wildly (or even mildly) enthusiastic camp.

Wild Enthusiasm is NOT a part of our DNA, yet the GLUTONS did say, "NEW AMAZING ..."
    ... now the rub lies in "Amazing". They have never even hinted at "Amazing" in the past, so let's hope that actually means something. :cool:
    Well it's been close to 9 hours, so whatever it is ... it is H-U-G-E ... LOL
  • SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    Maybe we will finally be able to shoot our own annoying Drones
    Slummer wrote: »
    Maybe we will finally be able to shoot our own annoying Drones

That's funny :) The first chance I get, I blast the evil version of LITTLE ME ... I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem downing the drone .. but if you've got a clear shot at the drone, you can take out the "spook" as well and simply end the battle ... no?

If your weapons aren't up to the task, toss a grenade and take 'em both out. **SMILES**

Yo BRAD ... what's happening over there?
    IOS up an running. Massive new stuff. report Later. 10 New Drone levels
    New update ready on iOS.

Briefly:
    - New Characters
    - New Tower Mode Challenge
    - New Clan and Individual PlayerPerks
    - New Trap System for Clan Wars
    - Home Screen Layout

Oh yes, and after playing 3 PvP's - "Welcome Back Choppy/Frame Rate" Play !!
    New update ready on iOS.

Briefly:
    - New Characters
    - New Tower Mode Challenge
    - New Clan and Individual PlayerPerks
    - New Trap System for Clan Wars
    - Home Screen Layout

Oh yes, and after playing 3 PvP's - "Welcome Back Choppy/Frame Rate" Play !!

OK TOWER MODE? ... TRAP SYSTEM ??? More details PLEASE !!!

You guys are killing me ... :)
    Sorry,

Haven't delved far enough in yet.

But we do have the Choppy play back.
    Sorry,

Haven't delved far enough in yet.

But we do have the Choppy play back.

OK Gotcha ... the dropped video frames may be only a temporary glitch; new releases tend to do that, one way or the other. Give it a few to see if it settles down.

Keep us informed with regards to the "new" and "amazing" features :cool:
    Allow me to clarify.

The items I previously listed were for the iOS App Store re: the update.

But, to expand there are new characters that you can choose from. You have the original Sniper, a new female Sniper named Milla, and several others that you have to accumulate parts to utilize (assuming like collecting weapon parts).

On your Home Screen there is an Tower icon below the Facebook icon, as well as in Campaign there is a Red icon of a Tower, that is stated to be endless mode. It states: "See how many floors of scum you can clear out before the clock or a bulllet stops you. Get Bonus points for combos and headshots, and earn exclusive prizes."

On your Home Screen there is a new section "Clan War Traps". The description is: " Collect Traps to power up your defenses in clan wars. Every time your hex is attacked in a clan war, the enemy may trigger one or more of your traps ad make his lie hell. There are four trap types, each with diffrent effects. Enemies can chip away at your traps. If your enemy's attack fails, one of the traps that triggered will be disabled until the start of the next clan war."

Hope this clarifies a little.
    There is so much that is new with this update, it is hard to know where to start, but let me start with the best new feature:

There is something called "Tyrell Tower" in Campaigns. $10 for early access $100 for early access with a full suite of 4 24.5 Weapons. This is run and gun up a high rise building with each floor tougher than the last. You can do it free once every hour or pay Gold to start from higher levels that you have previously completed. It has beautiful video and gets very challenging. It has its own scoreboard. Expect to use a lot of Medkits on the higher levels. Super Fun.

10 more Drone levels which will take the Drone to 385M. No new Drone weapons so far.

Lots of new CW maps to spin for and a whole new system of clan levels. There are a new class of Clan Defenses called "Clan War Traps" that you can win which short war times, destroy attacker health, disable the opponents Drone and damage your Opponent.

Also new to CW is that there are player upgrades that protect adjoining hexes on the CW map.

Vaults are huge 2.8-3.0M and the collection vault is expanded to 8.2M, vault max is 153.57 M.

No League play today. CW Season appears to have started over with Elites Trophies back at 1000.

Lots more later.
    The "TYRELL TOWER" intrigues me ... sounds like I would have a ball with that one LMAO

Vaults have increased by more than 50% ... I like that one also (if costs stay flat).

Clan Wars sounds like a really nice improvement (if it works).

So all in all, I'd say this was a really nice improvement ... I guess we're back on the hook! :cool:

When you say EARLY ACCESS ...
    ... I guess that means the "TOWER" won't be generally available until TIER 24?

Also, the full suite of 24.5 weapons ... are these the player's to use in ALL types of battles OR are these to be used exclusively when climbing the TOWER?

Questions ... questions ... I suppose I should just wait until we get the update :) but I can't help myself.
    The Splash screen says that the next PVP event will be next Tuesday. Maybe the end of Globals?
    The Tyrell Tower is worth some additional information. While it is listed under the Campaign tab, it is not a campaign. The Tower Hex appears on all campaigns and is characterized quite accurately by Glu as "Endless Mode". It can be played for free every hour, but you can pay Gold to play more often. While free play requires you to start on the first floor every time, you can pay Gold to start at higher levels that you have reached in prior attempts. There is a countdown timer at the left of the Home screen which tracks how much time remains until you next shot at the Tower.

It is very challenging and at Floors above Floor 30 the opponents are very tough and there are a lot of them. In addition, there is a very challenging time constraint which doesn't allow you time to hide much. The round ends when you either die or time out.

There are really good rewards for high scores including Diamond, game $, and the new CW Traps.

On several attempts I have been unable to get past Floor 41 even with the use of 3 Medkits.
    The Splash screen says that the next PVP event will be next Tuesday. Maybe the end of Globals?

Oh Boy ... I am really going to miss Global Events :)

More likely that the next PvP Event will coincide with TIER 24 and, of course ...
    ... MEMORIAL DAY :)

The TOWER may be exactly what I need to get the old juices flowing ... give me more info please as you get it.

Thanks Sir Brad.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Oh Boy ... I am really going to miss Global Events :)

More likely that the next PvP Event will coincide with TIER 24 and, of course ...
    ... MEMORIAL DAY :)

The TOWER may be exactly what I need to get the old juices flowing ... give me more info please as you get it.

Thanks Sir Brad.

I am now convinced the there will be a Global as scheduled this week. Who knows what a League event that is scheduled to start on Tuesday will look like.
    When you first open the Torrence Tower campaign, you will get an offer to acquire 4 24.5 Weapons for $99. If you don't already have 24.5s, particularly a 24.5 Heavy, consider buying in to this. The Tower above Floor 40 as a real challenge for my 2.58B maxxed out Scythe MKII. The Tower uses only Short weapons and you will need as much power as you can get your hands on.
    Screenshot_20160524-052742.png?psid=1

Not that it's important, but I believe one would need to be pretty old to be "comming" instead of "coming" :) Then again I haven't had coffee yet ...

Good Morning Agents !!!
    When you first open the Torrence Tower campaign, you will get an offer to acquire 4 24.5 Weapons for $99. If you don't already have 24.5s, particularly a 24.5 Heavy, consider buying in to this. The Tower above Floor 40 as a real challenge for my 2.58B maxxed out Scythe MKII. The Tower uses only Short weapons and you will need as much power as you can get your hands on.

A couple questions, Brad. 1st, not knowing too much about early bird deals, I assume this is a directed purchase, you can't use saved up gold to buy in. It sounds like an excellent deal, but, I've got a vacation this week to an island, and money will be going to the grand kids new furnishings. Besides, next week starts the new round of 24.5's, and why change my cheap donkey ways of play now? (other than the reduced payouts.)

And my second question is, are tokens and more importantly the Mystery Chest (with free energy) still available? The thought hit me this morning, and I was spinning the wheel as fast as I could, Sr. with 245K, and Jr. with 155K of tokens. Had to get to work, so only finished about 90 spins, and tons of tokens still on the table, but will they disappear?

Scorpion, thanks for the update. Got my 10 pvp's in, so Silver is still in play, only need 3 parts each.
    Since I haven't received the update as yet, this is only speculation. It could be that the "TOWER" weapons are similar to those acquired during VIP Events. If that is the case, then 25.5s will become available next week.

Either way, TRY_AGAIN, it would definitely be better to wait until next week when TIER 24 is released.

"Early Access" has never been a personal favorite (choice) of mine either. :)

Is that name Tyrell or Torrence?
    ... I think a better name for that feature would have been the SIEGE TOWER ... eh BRAD?

LOL

Now that I'm wide awake ... BRAD have costs risen for those 10 new drone levels?
    The Tyrell Tower is worth some additional information. While it is listed under the Campaign tab, it is not a campaign. The Tower Hex appears on all campaigns and is characterized quite accurately by Glu as "Endless Mode". It can be played for free every hour, but you can pay Gold to play more often. While free play requires you to start on the first floor every time, you can pay Gold to start at higher levels that you have reached in prior attempts. There is a countdown timer at the left of the Home screen which tracks how much time remains until you next shot at the Tower.

It is very challenging and at Floors above Floor 30 the opponents are very tough and there are a lot of them. In addition, there is a very challenging time constraint which doesn't allow you time to hide much. The round ends when you either die or time out.

There are really good rewards for high scores including Diamond, game $, and the new CW Traps.

On several attempts I have been unable to get past Floor 41 even with the use of 3 Medkits.

You know BRAD, this could very well be the alternative to PvP that I've been looking for. If it shapes up to be what I expect it to be, then NO MORE boring, repetitive, PvP scenarios for me Bro.

I'll use the TOWER to complete my drone ... YEAH ... Do you get AP/VP fighting in the TOWER?

and that leads me to yet another question ... how do we win parts?

OK ENOUGH already ... I'm bombarding you with all these questions as if you had nothing else better to do than answer them ... My BAD. :(
    Scorpion, don't jump the gun! We're still competing for 23.5x weapons!, next week will be 24.5x. You VIP guys always think ahead, lol. Remember, I'm a Global/Silver event competitor.

Oh, and Brad, one more question added to the above. Have you won any "New, and Amazing" prizes playing Tyrell? I guess those would be the traps? I'll wait till its out to find out about the Clan Level system.
    LMAO ... it's in my nature I guess to look down the road but seriously, if $99 gets you 24.5s today, it could very well get you 25.5s next week. Until I've worked out the new schedules, my advice is to take it slow ... Speed Kills :)

The devil is in the details ... do you spend $99 for the weapons alone OR do you spend $220 for the weapons and a boat load of PvP energies plus? Either way, the timing couldn't be better since my "fighting" weapons are all from 04/07 and due for some upgrades.

Of course, one must get ahold of the "New and Amazing" first !!
    Some "New" prizes but nothing too "Amazing" Prize Structure for Tyrell involves Diamods game $, XP modules, 1 map part, 1 32 M MG and CW Trap parts. Most are given every time you play, others, marked with a check box, only the first time through.
    The new version OF CKS just showed up on GOOGLE PLAY ... I didn't get any notification however; please check manually.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!