Options

Device Crash...11 days no Glu response

Gohuge88Gohuge88 Registered Users 13 Posts
My android device crashed almost 2 weeks ago and I have submitted 2 different tickets to Glu....1 through the game only to be met with an auto response....2nd via email and also with an auto response. I'm a 230 player with 3 billion power guns and am not going to start over after all the time and money I've spent on this profile. Another of my clanmates is also having the same issue. My profile is clearly visible when you look at my clan so it didn't disappear. Does Glu customer care actually exist or do they just say tough luck when you have a problem? Right now I feel like they are saying thanks for all the money....sorry!! Can we contact Google for any kind of help??

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Gohuge88 wrote: »
    My android device crashed almost 2 weeks ago and I have submitted 2 different tickets to Glu....1 through the game only to be met with an auto response....2nd via email and also with an auto response. I'm a 230 player with 3 billion power guns and am not going to start over after all the time and money I've spent on this profile. Another of my clanmates is also having the same issue. My profile is clearly visible when you look at my clan so it didn't disappear. Does Glu customer care actually exist or do they just say tough luck when you have a problem? Right now I feel like they are saying thanks for all the money....sorry!! Can we contact Google for any kind of help??

Good Morning,

When you state that the device crashed, does this mean you've replaced the device with another device? OR are you attempting to recover that "crashed" device?

Either way, you should be able to recover your profile (gaming data) even without GLU's help provided you've been using Google Play's App Sync feature, you haven't started over again and destroyed your original game data and you're actually using an identical (replacement) Google device.

If you're using a device from a manufacturer with a proprietary (customized) version of Android, such as Samsung, Dell or Kindle then you may still be able to get things up and running again but it get's a little "unconventional", to say the least.

Either way, GLU has everything stored on their servers so the game data should be intact AND they do have a way to migrate your gaming data to the new device.

Contacting Google will get you nowhere unless it's a Google device, it's still under warrantee and you can demonstrate that the crash was do their device malfunctioning. At that point they will ask you to perform a factory reset which will wipe your device anyway.

I always ask, do you have any recent device backups?

I also remember reading somewhere on this site, that you need to setup a "new" gamer tag on the "new" device and play to the point where you've qualified for PvP (that part is nonsense, but it may get both games to the point where the migration can be performed). Once that is done, I believe you submit a ticket with the "old" and "new" gamertags and GLU will migrate the data.

I found that post but it appears it was intended for China servers, but it should work anyway. It requires screenshots of player profile data though.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?207814-Notice-for-CKS-players-in-China
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    My device crashed and was replaced free of charge by LG as a manufacturer problem. I want my old profile put on this phone. It's not rocket science and every other app or game that didn't automatically reinstall with my data or progress through Google Play was taken care of within 24 hours (thank you Crane*****...a company that cares about its customers). I can't even get a **** reply from these dirtbags. One of my clanmates just got his old data put on his new device today by calling Google. That's my next step...calling right now. What's funny is this has been up almost 18 hrs and nobody from Glu has responded...they just don't care!!
  • Options
    Btw....thank you for all your advice and help, but I've done or exhausted all of those other options...Google is the only option I haven't tried. My clanmate did today and is already back up and going.
  • Options
    ALRIGHT !!! you're a smart one for purchasing an LG. You can do this yourself. Have you tried simply reinstalling the game using the same email account, password? Once it logs you in CKS should prompt you for your profile name (gamer tag). Once it validates it, all of your game progress should be restored.

You can add your old account via device settings, then accounts. There are a few settings to look at regarding using Google's servers for backups and restores ... post a screen shot, if you can.

One more question, were (are) you using Google Play's App Sync? The reason I ask is that Google Play will periodically take snapshots of your app (game) data and will restore it for you automatically. Also try to get the new device fully up to date with app upgrades, particularly the version of Android.

Let me know ... I think we can get this done AND please tell me you haven't started a fresh game :( If so, get rid of it immediately.

I await your reply ...
  • Options
    I did everything that you recommended and none of it worked....from the day I got the new phone.

I did start a new game so I could get in contact with my clanmates for help. Today I contacted Google and they said I had done everything right and even tried pulling it up through Facebook but the only thing it did was offer to let my invite friends. I'm so frustrated right now I don't know what else to do.

Google sent Glu a feedback request to handle this, but doesn't mean they will. My clanmate with the exact same problem had his restored today after 3 weeks of waiting so I guess at this point all I can do is hope Glu cares about customers and hope for the best. I appreciate your help very much though...thanks.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    So, are the two accounts with the same handle (member name)? I assume not.

You will have to submit another ticket through in-game method on your new device. Tell them you want your account transferred. Take screen shots before hand of your old stats showing Level and weapons, and your present stats and include those in the ticket.

It may take a few days to a week after the auto response, but don't let them close the ticket, check daily and kindly ask Customer Care for updates to the case. Good luck, and report back!

Maybe Scorpion would suggest deleting this game, and trying to go back to the other handle? But, not sure how you can delete this account completely, and sounds risky.
  • Options
    Hey There TRY_AGAIN ... I might suggest deleting, but only if you haven't really made any progress and triggered an auto backup. It seems that awhile back GLU moved from a "soft" identifier to the device's internal identifier code in an attempt to make the entire network more secure ... I can't fault that logic since whatever they did, the "Lunatic Asylum" disappeared overnight.

However, it makes recovering your game data on another device almost impossible since it has a different id code. CKS CAN recover however but ONLY if you haven't actually played (opened) the game and started tinkering with it ... that's the gotcha !!!

How do you submit a ticket without reinstalling the game and creating a new profile? When you do that, you just shot yourself in the head .. so to speak. Now that device is "locked" to the new profile and only the GLU Gods can save you ... if they would just answer your prayers. :)

A great solution would be really simple ... a web page that allows you to transfer your profile by "unlocking it". It's secure in the sense that only your forum user/pswd can access your gamer profile. It would require some minimal design, but it's really not that complicated.

Only at the GLU Factory.
  • Options
    ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    Imagine it will be tougher to move across platform say from iOS to android sight.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    So, are the two accounts with the same handle (member name)? I assume not.

You will have to submit another ticket through in-game method on your new device. Tell them you want your account transferred. Take screen shots before hand of your old stats showing Level and weapons, and your present stats and include those in the ticket.

It may take a few days to a week after the auto response, but don't let them close the ticket, check daily and kindly ask Customer Care for updates to the case. Good luck, and report back!

Maybe Scorpion would suggest deleting this game, and trying to go back to the other handle? But, not sure how you can delete this account completely, and sounds risky.
    Yes I have done all of that and it has been 14 days since I got the auto response through the game customer care...nothing.
  • Options
    Gohuge88 wrote: »
    Yes I have done all of that and it has been 14 days since I got the auto response through the game customer care...nothing.

If you haven't followed up after a couple days, the ticket is closed out. It seems that CC often just dumps your response with no action. TRY AGAIN, and follow up! After the auto response, if you don't here the next day that your case has been sent to the dev team, do it again, be persistent, and polite!
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    If you haven't followed up after a couple days, the ticket is closed out. It seems that CC often just dumps your response with no action. TRY AGAIN, and follow up! After the auto response, if you don't here the next day that your case has been sent to the dev team, do it again, be persistent, and polite!
    I have submitted about 5 tickets and followed up after every auto response in every way imaginable and get no response to any....I have a thread going on their own forum about their poor customer service and that doesn't even raise an eyebrow!
  • Options
    I've know at least 6 people who have had their accounts transferred on the Amazon platform. Perhaps the Google platform doesn't bother and thinks Google backs it up, so they don't have to worry about it?