Tier 26 Out on IOS

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
Tier 26 is out on IOS only two weeks after Tier 25. Vault running 8.75M. New Campaign, Razorblade IV, out in 7 hours.
Prev1

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    What the Hell ?? LMAO A new TIER after only 2 Global Events ... Hmmm ... I wonder what this will mean for Thursday's VIP Event? There goes the neighborhood ... :cool:

I was also wondering why the vaults were running "large" ... it never occurred to me that a new TIER might be coming ... SMH

Another GLUTON mistake? One can only hope ... JEEZ ... OR maybe this is The End?

Tell me SIR BRAD ... what are the upgrade costs like?

Here's what I think ... CKS 5.0 was the shortest release build ever and this shortened cycle is meant to END the prior life of CKS in preparation for the NEW (and IMPROVED) life of CKS ... Ooh Rah

That "premature" 26.5 TESLA was a deliberate "leak" LMAO

Not that it's important but I also noticed that the full VIP up to 7,000 GOLD became visible earlier.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    TIER 26 has arrived on Google Play @ about 10-11 PM EST.

I now formally retract any optimism I may have expressed earlier for the cost of base upgrades has more than doubled ... practically overnight. So unless raided vaults reach as high as 12M-14M diamonds, this is a losing proposition even for the most "hearty" of players.

Very disappointing indeed; the only salvation would be a new release of CKS that would somehow justify this hefty tax. If you don't have 26.5 rated weapons @ 100% power, this is going to be an especially hard pill to swallow.

I have confirmed that vaults are running 8.75M but that will not be enough unfortunately ...
    ... let's see how high and how fast the vault sizes rise.

Screenshot_20160713-010826.png?psid=1

Get those stats increased, as well as your 26.0 SNIPER max'd out ASAP.

There is some relief however ... GRANADES and ROCKETS are lethal again.

RAZORBLADE IV will be available in 3.5 hours.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Played 8 pvp's this morning, and didn't notice the new release! Here I thought finishing the 4th column of the 26 Sniper was the reason for my jump from 6 to 8M payouts.

At least primaries are almost fully upgraded. This is pretty depressing, and with only one other in my two clans finished with Tier 25, I could see players give up on base upgrades, and possibly the game. The writing is now clearly on the wall.

MIRN also released their Tier bump yesterday, so all of a sudden, I have 30 levels to manage, with the global starting tomorrow.

I'm not a happy camper!
    Good Morning Agents,

The steady 8.75M diamond raided vault size persists, even after the TIER 26 Stats were unlocked. This might indicate that TIER 26 is only a "stepping stone" to something even greater ... the question is what?

More importantly ... how long will TIER 26 be around before we need to do this all over ... yet again?

It's exhibiting all of the symptoms of when CKS 5.0 was released.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough eh? :cool:
  • ThianrenThianren Registered Users 77 Posts
    The tokens pay out during clan wars are getting less now…
    Thianren wrote: »

I've noticed the same ... after weeks of solid progress, CKS appears to be reverting back to it's "roots".
    Screenshot_20160715-090607.png?psid=1

Raided vault payouts are now where they should be and although I have yet to see 10.0M+, I expect to see these in short order; all 26.x weapons (25.5 TESLA) have been at maximum power.

So that's one problem resolved from a whole "laundry list" of others ... To quote a long gone colleague ... "One Bite At A Time". :cool: R.I.P. BYS.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Thianren wrote: »

Tokens are 1/2 what they were before.
  • ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    From a business perspective. Glu wouldn't want players to have free rewards no more.

If you do a clan jumper and didn't miss all of the clan war one can easily earn 100k coins easily which of cause can be spin for energy etc etc.

With the payout cut into half it is utterly useless to do a clan jump. Even the empty hex now gaves you nil coins.

Players will be cornered to draw up gold ingots and shazammm more returns for glu

Cks monthly returns according to one of the statistics websites received an approximately 100K USD.

Where as Contract Killer received 300K monthly returns per average.

Do the math the rest will just fall in.

Zeus signing off.
    Well it took awhile, but I finally reached Level 250; not that it was necessary since Level 243 was more than enough. :cool:

I really do hate closing contracts ... I have 5 contracts still open in VIGORE IV plus The BOSS, I haven't touched any of the TRIAL Missions (drone development is dead at the moment).

I haven't even bothered to download RAZORBLADE IV.

I suppose I should at least finish out VIGORE IV, kill the BOSS and donate the CASH to my CLAN ...
    ... yeah yeah yeah, I'll get to it one of these days. :)

*** SMILES ***

OK More importantly ... nobody is home at The GLU Factory these days, so assuming that the VIP Event issue remains unresolved, here is what I've envisaged as a worst case scenario.

Let's assume that the current VIP Event is "bust"; next week is a null VIP Event week anyway.

That would suggest that the legacy TIER 25 stupor will expire 2-weeks from yesterday and automatically move on to TIER 26 Class VIP Events and if there is anything left to the VIPs, that will also mark, what my man BRAD refers to as, the "Sweet Spot" VIP. It's a reach, I know, but it IS a logical conclusion.

The bottom line is that we would have missed a SNIPER and TESLA, both of which were lame weapons to begin with; we will need to FIGHT (for a change) to get those diamonds.

I know many have grown fat and lazy of late, but hey ... "Hard Work Builds Character" or so my father used to tell me (repeatedly); I think he was just as sadistic as GLU. LOL

If you've already acquired 26.5 rated weapons ... No Harm, No Foul.

Now I'm hesitant to suggest this, but it is a distinct possibility ...
    ... 2-weeks from yesterday could also bring TIER 27 down upon us ... PLEASE ... don't shoot :) You'll be able to (one day) reminisce of how you once played through 3 TIERS in a single month ...
    ... and SURVIVED it by acquiring 20,000,000,000 Diamonds (give OR take).

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Na na na na. Na na na na. Hey heyeh, good bye!

Choice thoughts sent to GLU, not fit for the kind people of this forum.
    Maybe there are changes coming ahead I have yet to give up on glu faith.

Whose gonna faith faith faith.
    George Micheal.
    I just wanted to remind some of us from where we came and by comparison, this latest bout with adversity is really child's play ...
    ... but the cumulative effect of periodic disappointments does takes it's toll, I won't dispute that.

Here are just a couple of posts from days past ... and while wading through the multitudinous problems, issues, glitches, missed events, lost weapons, et al, it struck me ...

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?135732-Gut-Check-Time-My-Friends-and-Fellow-Warriors&highlight=scorpion

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?131502-Adversity-Frustration-and-Winning&highlight=scorpion

Here's another great post from one of the resident experts. LMAO

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?137163-Weapons-Power-Ratings-True-OR-False&highlight=weapons+rating

C'est Le Vie. :cool:
    New Record High Vault Take: 10.41M Diamonds (There's still hope TRY_AGAIN). :cool:

Screenshot_20160716-091826.png?psid=1\

I'm expecting the vaults to rise even further; I am no longer "seeking" out 10.0M+ vaults, they are so plentiful that I may raise the baseline to 10.0M Diamonds.

Not quite there yet though ... 9.5M is a more realistic baseline.

UPDATE: New Record High Vault Take: 10.44M Diamonds; vaults continue to rise and although it cannot negate the "shock" of only 2-weeks between TIERs, it certainly makes it's easier to swallow.
    If anyone is interested, I was able to finally contact Customer Care regarding the TIER 26 release coming only 2-weeks following TIER 25. I also inquired about the subpar VIP Event that is currently underway.

The customary we'll pass it on to the developers was the response.

Considering it's Saturday Night on the East Coast, I'm not very optimistic about any timely remedy but I did want to mention it.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    I don't have a clue what Glu will do, of course, but let me share with you what I hope Glu is doing:

As you know, the GLobal/new Tier/SuperVIP ccyles have been linked quite closely and have been released more or less at the same time every four weeks. This meant that at the first of the cycle, you were faced with having to upgrade your base and your new weapons at the same time and often meant that you were faced with new tougher opponents in PVP using the last generation of weapons.

I am hoping that by inserting a two week Base upgrade into the cycle, Glu has offset the release of the new weapons and the new Tier by two weeks. This would allow you to upgrade weapons for two weeks before the release of a new Tier. This would spread the demand of upgrades more evenly throughout the month and would facilitate upgrading weapons before a new Tier was released.

Assuming that the next Super is in two weeks, you would have two weeks to get your weapons up to speed for the new Tier opponents.

If this Is what Glu is doing, I think it would be a great development. It would certainly work better for me.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I don't have a clue what Glu will do, of course, but let me share with you what I hope Glu is doing:

As you know, the GLobal/new Tier/SuperVIP ccyles have been linked quite closely and have been released more or less at the same time every four weeks. This meant that at the first of the cycle, you were faced with having to upgrade your base and your new weapons at the same time and often meant that you were faced with new tougher opponents in PVP using the last generation of weapons.

I am hoping that by inserting a two week Base upgrade into the cycle, Glu has offset the release of the new weapons and the new Tier by two weeks. This would allow you to upgrade weapons for two weeks before the release of a new Tier. This would spread the demand of upgrades more evenly throughout the month and would facilitate upgrading weapons before a new Tier was released.

Assuming that the next Super is in two weeks, you would have two weeks to get your weapons up to speed for the new Tier opponents.

If this Is what Glu is doing, I think it would be a great development. It would certainly work better for me.

Interesting POV but it would have been nice had GLU initiated the weapons upgrade BEFORE they decided to release a new TIER that costs 7 billion diamonds to upgrade, right?

We can try to spin this in a positive light, but the fact remains they released TIER 26 only 2 weeks following TIER 25.

If we ignore that fact, and if we look ahead to TIER 27, and if they put VIP 28.5 weapons up for grab in 10 days, then Ooh Rah ... SUPER OOH RAH !!!

But that's a helluva lot of "ifs" Brother ... an altruistic GLU? We can only hope :)
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Interesting POV but it would have been nice had GLU initiated the weapons upgrade BEFORE they decided to release a new TIER that costs 7 billion diamonds to upgrade, right?

We can try to spin this in a positive light, but the fact remains they released TIER 26 only 2 weeks following TIER 25.

If you ignore that fact, and if you look ahead to TIER 27, and if they put 28.5 weapons up for grab in 10 days, then Ooh Rah ... SUPER OOH RAH !!!

But that's a helluva lot of "ifs" Brother ... an altruistic GLU?

We will all have to wait two weeks to see what Glu does. Boy, do I hope that we don't get "Alpha MKII" in two weeks!
    We will all have to wait two weeks to see what Glu does. Boy, do I hope that we don't get "Alpha MKII" in two weeks!

You know I've been giving this some thought as well. What if this early TIER 26 was due to the fact that TIER 26 was the final TIER and GLU figured why delay, let's just give it to them now. I mean we've already re-played VIGORE and RAZORBLADE four times and I've killed Jacob Harkin so many times, I've lost count.

We also know they stopped writing storylines quite awhile back.

Nah ... Let's go with ALPHA MKII :)
    Good Morning Agents ...

One of The SCORPION "Rules of Engagement" is a relatively simple one:

Once is a hiccup
    2 times is a coincidence
    3 times and we now have a pattern that can result in a predictable outcome.

There is no such thing as a random occurrence :cool:

Screenshot_20160718-074209.png?psid=1

There appears to be the 27.5 ANTLION MKII ASSAULT - 11.41B-16.78B - available in today's impromptu VIP Event @ 7,000 GOLD. The 27.0 HERCULES MKII HEAVY - 10.07B-18.09B - is also available for 5,750 GOLD.

This is the 2nd "impromptu" Monday morning VIP Event in as many weeks ... coincidence?

A pattern is starting to emerge, but we're not there yet ...

(1) Might as well show them the full lineup of the VIP because other than the TOP prize, the rest is rubbish.

(2) There is no effective difference between let's say a 26.5 weapon and a 27.0 weapon with regards to opponents and/or raided vault size at TIER 26. At TIER 27, both weapons are on the downslide towards obsolescence.

(3) VIP weapon parts are only available at 4,000 and 4,500 GOLD.

(4) The VIP weapon at 3,500 GOLD will be featured in a Global Event within days, if not hours.

(5) There probably will never be a "Sweet Spot" VIP Event, at the start of each cycle, ever again.

What all of this means is that the Global is being promoted as the primary means for obtaining "state of the art" weapons unless you're willing to spend 2-3 times as much currency via VIP events spread across "multiple" VIP events.

It also suggests that using the VIP method will take 2-3 times as long to acquire your weapons AND that they will have an effective lifetime that is 1/2 of what it once was (should be).

The "Sweet Spot" offered at least 2 weapons rated 1 level above the prevailing tier; 2x 27.5s if you will. The "Sweet Spot" also offered 1 x weapon @ the prevailing tier, a 26.5 and another slightly better weapon as parts, say 27.0.

Collectively these weapons guaranteed undisputed battle strength for at least 60 days.

This now appears to have changed ... from now on you will only get 1 x 27.5 weapon and the weapon via parts will take three VIP events (across a minimum of 2 weeks) as opposed to only one single event, which means you will need to spend ...
    ... 18,000+ GOLD today to acquire what cost 7,000 GOLD yesterday.

A truly disturbing turn of events since only a moron would pay those kind of prices for weapons that can easily be acquired for a fraction of the price via Global Events. You also need to consider that it will take two (2) maybe three (3) VIP events to acquire the "basic" weapons that you'll need.

So far, it's only a coincidence ...
    ... once more and it qualifies as a pattern; at which time I shall make a bold and unprecedented request.

*** SMH ***
    Scorpion, you are right on with this one. I wish you weren't, but I am afraid you are.

It looks like the cost of playing CKS with state of the art weapons using VIP Buy-ins just went from $200/month to $900/month.
    Up the ante ... Well more like cornering the consumer to spend more and more ..

With all these spending we expect glu to buck up as well and gave us more stuff to explore. How come you charge more but nothing new in store ?

Sounds like iPhone 7 line up Oppssss lol !
    They have to hire a new guy to figure out the next base name. He's burning the midnight oil, fretting with the coming deadline.

Maybe they could begin listing base names from a list of schedule II narcotics, Amphetamine, Codamine, Demoral, Ecstacy, ...

Anti-psychotics would be another good listing.

Then, there's those poor boys in the gun design and paint shop who have just plain run out of desirable looking offerings; and lets not forget the geometric data setters who like to throw pitfalls into weapon/base power and cost/payouts values.

Come on, Scopion! These are hard (hardly?) working poor people! And the Kardashians have long ago run through all their drama antics and appeal.
    Scorpion, you are right on with this one. I wish you weren't, but I am afraid you are.

It looks like the cost of playing CKS with state of the art weapons using VIP Buy-ins just went from $200/month to $900/month.

The biggest concern (difference), should anyone be foolish enough to "buy in", would be that once you've collected all of your "required" weapons you might have 1 week (tops) before the next TIER and/or need to do it all over again.

You would obviously need to forget about upgrades for not even Sir Brad could keep that pace up ...
    ... now that I think about it, maybe you could :cool:

I do seem to remember a strategy you were "toying" with that lasted all of 2 minutes ...
    ... it was to treat VIP weapons as "throwaways" ... that might have been one of the most prophetic statements you ever made; not what you intended I'm sure, but prophetic none the less.

Of course we were in the "heat" of drone upgrades at the time, so guess what? :)

What GLU has effectively done is convert the VIP Events into Global Events with the TOP Prize being a single weapon from a (near) future Global Event, guaranteed delivery for 7,000 GOLD.

Here's another scenario to ponder ... what if the new drone weapons are ONLY available via VIP @ 5,000 GOLD? I suppose everything would simply wither on the vine and die, should that come to pass.

Nobody appreciates our veterans anymore ... shame; High Vault Take is now: 10.45M Diamonds.
    The now apparently deceased "Sweet Spot" Super has served us well for a long time and I will miss it. RIP. However, from the limited sample of the last two VIPs, buying in to two VIPs will give 4 excellent weapons. The Maelstrom MK II Tesla from the last VIP is very nice and I am reliably informed that the current 5750 Heavy is very strong. Admittedly this doubles the expense, but I do not see any reason that one would need more than two buy ins to run state of the art offense. The top primaries are very nice as well
    Well 2 x buy ins is the straw that breaks the camel's back ... 14,000 GOLD every 2-3 weeks is way beyond my comfort level. You're talking to a player who spent 7,000 GOLD every 60 Days. :)

I suppose old habits never die. Make no mistake about it, it's become a habit ... I've heard electric shock therapy works wonders. :cool: all we need to do is "hot wire" your tablet.

I guess I'll throw in the towel because you guys will never stop spending ... very disappointed.

Good Luck !!!
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Well 2 x buy ins is the straw that breaks the camel's back ... 14,000 GOLD every 2-3 weeks is way beyond my comfort level. You're talking to a player who spent 7,000 GOLD every 60 Days. :)

I suppose old habits never die. Make no mistake about it, it's become a habit ... I've heard electric shock therapy works wonders. :cool: all we need to do is "hot wire" your tablet.

I guess I'll throw in the towel because you guys will never stop spending ... very disappointed.

Good Luck !!!

I am with you. The combination of shortened Tier upgrade cycles and the elimination of the Sweet Spot make the game more expensive. However, CW competition and playing the Tower are essentially free. For the modest budget or no budget player, CKS offers more opportunities for inexpensive play than ever.

You are right, for the player concerned about cost, it is high time to get off the upgrade merry-go-round, but that doesn't mean you have to leave the game.
    I am with you. The combination of shortened Tier upgrade cycles and the elimination of the Sweet Spot make the game more expensive. However, CW competition and playing the Tower are essentially free. For the modest budget or no budget player, CKS offers more opportunities for inexpensive play than ever.

You are right, for the player concerned about cost, it is high time to get off the upgrade merry-go-round, but that doesn't mean you have to leave the game.

Everything you say is correct except you can't win at CW, the TOWER is only as good as the strongest HEAVY, and the cost of weapons has well exceeded the most expensive aspect of this game ... the useless DEFENSE BASE. To be candid, I would rather play roulette than throw my money away; at least in roulette I have even odds chance at winning :)

But I'm NOT disappointed with you Sir Brad. The ELITES and those of that class were the last possible chance we had at restoring order to the Universe; without your support it would be an exercise in futility.

I could even see spending 7,000 GOLD on a weapon 2-3 levels above the prevailing tier, but for a Global Event weapon, I just can't justify it especially when you can't lose no matter what weapons you use.
    In the end CKS is entertainment and costs to play must be justified by the enjoyment you get by playing the game, not by the virtual assets (Weapons, drone and Base) that you acquire. At the rate of 3200 Gold for $100 buy-in, a PVP battle costs 21 cents. Assuming that you play at a moderate pace, say 50 PVPs per hour, an hour of entertainment costs roughly $10. While this is not cheap entertainment, it is certainly cheaper than say, sky diving lessons or drinking single malt Scotch.

For me an hour of CKS shoot 'em up is worth $10, forget the Base, the Drone or the Weapons that you "own" virtually.

If you find something that is more fun and costs less than $10, I would love to try it out, meantime, I am having fun blasting away with my new 27.0 Tesla.
    If you find something that is more fun and costs less than $10, I would love to try it out, meantime, I am having fun blasting away with my new 27.0 Tesla.

$10/hr eh? so we're talking at least $100 / day (or more). Come hang out with me for the weekend and I'll show you a time you'll NEVER forget; guaranteed to keep a smile on your face for weeks to come :cool:

You're missing the point and you've nailed it at the same time.

It's not the cost of the weapon that's the entire problem (although these prices are ridiculous), it's the fact that the weapon, ANY weapon will accomplish the same thing since it's impossible to lose a single battle. You talk 50 battles an hour as if you're some sort of robot, have nothing else going on during your day or in your life and have a "pocket roll" that would choke a horse.

Listen ... The most entertaining aspect of ANYTHING is not knowing the outcome ahead of time. How many would sky dive if you knew you could NEVER hit the ground, even gambling would get pretty stale if you could never lose for the adrenalin rush is absent. You go to a ballgame to be entertained, but if you knew what the home team's score was before you left the house, would you really go?

Even those who frequent Broadway do so in the hopes of seeing a stellar performance that has NEVER been witnessed before, not because they love the storyline.

You see Brad winning OR losing in CKS no longer has any meaning at all and THAT is the root of the problem. You win 1 battle and you lose, you win a thousand battles and you lose. Your group wins 10,000 battles and you lose.

Even with all this repetition CKS would be tolerable ... but GLU keeps giving you less and less and asking you to spend more and more and if you consider that experience entertaining, then you really need some sort of therapy Bro ... seriously but maybe CKS is your brand of therapy ...
    ... it's impossible for me to know because I don't know you or what you've experienced in life.

How about pushing GLU into giving you more for spending more? That's the way it should be. Duh ... what a concept ... getting more for spending more. In MY world that's what being a high roller is all about.

That said, the shoot 'em up aspects of CKS, I find very entertaining, and will continue to shoot the place to pieces until I lose interest in doing so. The problem is I can accomplish that part by spending absolutely nothing at all. If I score 50 wins in an hour it's because I choose to do so not because of some misguided notion that I need to perform upgrades or induce a chubby. If I do decide that I need a better weapon, I can fight for that achievement ... that's what it's all about and not paying whatever price GLU sets because GLU says that's the price.

The ONLY reason GLU can ask these ridiculous prices is because you'll pay these ridiculous prices, so I can't fault GLU because they're in it to turn a profit.

Just because you CAN pay the price, doesn't necessarily mean you should. Man the writing is on the wall, all you need do is look up and read; you've got a bullseye painted on your back in the shape of a dollar sign and don't even realize it ... what's worse, you don't even care.

The way I see it ... if you stop paying the price, the price will either drop OR GLU will offer more to entice you to "buy in" ... it really is that simple. But first ... you MUST stop; easier said than done, apparently.

Just a final point ... do you really think a 27.0 TESLA provides more "entertainment" than a 26.5 or a 25.5 TESLA? Think about that one and you'll "get my drift". :)