Coming Soon... Clan Wars 1.0

HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
Attention!

The upcoming Clan War system, a fusion of classic board games and Contract Killer: Sniper gameplay, brings some new exciting PvP content to the game. Here is some of the new content you can expect to see!

• Clans of up to 20 players can engage in small skirmishes across a wide variety of complex maps.
  • Clan Leaders can now position clan members in strategic tactical positions prior to the start of any Clan Wars
  • Invest Clan XP, Cash, Diamonds and Drone Parts to level up the Clan Base!
  • Build your Clan Base Level to unlock new battle maps!
  • Clan Wars run for a few hours at a time, so you can get in and get out!
  • New Clan Wars skill-based currency, use it to purchase spins on for the Skin Mystery Box!
  • Win trophies by successfully vanquishing your foes to ascend your Clan to the top of the Clan Leaderboard.
  • Smaller Clans will need to recruit additional members in order to be successful in Clan Wars!

All this and more...

_CKS_ClanWar_coming_soon_zpsyzomgdmg.png

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    WOW ... I think my socks have been knocked off !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    WOW ... I think my socks have been knocked off !!!

This must mean that Glu has solved all the old problems and are ready to create some new ones. LOL
    bradr752 wrote: »
    This must mean that Glu has solved all the old problems and are ready to create some new ones. LOL

Yeah how about that, but the description almost leads me to envisage sort of "blood sport" "team arena" type scenario ... but will it all work as intended WITHOUT introducing a plethora of new game glitches and bugs?
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Yeah now about that, but the description almost leads me to envisage sort of "blood sport" "team arena" type scenario ... but will it all work as intended WITHOUT introducing a plethora of new game glitches and bugs?

To be honest, I am not at all excited about this announcement or new development. Many of the other games that I have played in the past went to this type of format and while it is fun and interesting for awhile, the game will very soon stop being a game and will be come a "Full Time Job".

Clan Leaders will require mandatory attendance at around the clock battles, mandatory gold purchases, as well as mandatory scoring levels. If you can't keep up, then you are booted from the clan. Everything will be predicated on how much money you are willing and able to spend. In the final analysis, Clan War are good for one thing and one thing only, a cash cow for GLU. Just my 2 cents, or make that 1 1/2 cents

Most likely, GLU will start having the weapons and drone parts that we will need and want as "Clan War" prizes. The weapons and drone parts that will be available from normal game play, just will not cut it.
    concerned wrote: »
    To be honest, I am not at all excited about this announcement or new development. Many of the other games that I have played in the past went to this type of format and while it is fun and interesting for awhile, the game will very soon stop being a game and will be come a "Full Time Job".

Clan Leaders will require mandatory attendance at around the clock battles, mandatory gold purchases, as well as mandatory scoring levels. If you can't keep up, then you are booted from the clan. Everything will be predicated on how much money you are willing and able to spend. In the final analysis, Clan War are good for one thing and one thing only, a cash cow for GLU. Just my 2 cents, or make that 1 1/2 cents

Most likely, GLU will start having the weapons and drone parts that we will need and want as "Clan War" prizes. The weapons and drone parts that will be available from normal game play, just will not cut it.

So how do we get around this? Form a clan with no rules or expectations? Surely there must be a way to wage war for fun?

I hear you load and clear, I cannot conjure up a drone fuse to save my development. They're only available in League Events (these are pitifully small XP) and campaign mission replays (which is like torture). You can't even buy fuses OR upgrade the support drone with $$$ and I'm not going to spin (throwing money away at that point).

Sorry ... got a little off topic; just blowing off some steam.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    The idea of deadliest clan intrigues me, but I worry like the usual global events have become, this will be based on gold expenditure, not abilities.

The current clone challenges other than bragging rights are for winning drone parts. Like most other prizes, these have become meaningless outdated perks.

And if the clan wars interfere with global events, at least on Amazon league, they are doomed from the start if AP is not included in both. Amazon play is almost the only true weapon competing league left, where many still have a chance, percentage wise.
    I agree totally. There are two issues in play the way I see it (1) it's becoming increasingly difficult to compete completely for free , if not impossible. The Amazon weapon prize structure, a long time haven for those on a limited budget, is no longer a bargain because of the ever increasing costs of upgrades (2) the weapons prizes, in fact the prize structure in general just plain s.u.c.k.s ... it's so out of sync with the realities of game play it boggles the mind.
    try_again wrote: »
    The idea of deadliest clan intrigues me, but I worry like the usual global events have become, this will be based on gold expenditure, not abilities.

The current clone challenges other than bragging rights are for winning drone parts. Like most other prizes, these have become meaningless outdated perks.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. In the games that I have played, whenever "Clan Wars" have been introduced, they quickly become he who can spend the most gold is the winner. Then, typically, one clan of big spenders ends up winner clan war after clan war.

The other problem that I see is, What kind prizes can be offered to the winning clans. Players like Brad do not need any more fuses. If weapons were to be offered, there are only so many that could be available. Not to mention if, say, a 18.0 or 19.0 weapon is offered, then "lower level" players can not use them and would not want to win them. There is enough of a problem with the weapons that are currently available where as a player ends up with too strong of a weapon and can't compete in PVP.

Are they going to offer gold as a prize? Let's spend massive amounts of gold just to win gold. Are they going to offered diamonds for winning?

I just can't really figure this one out.
    I agree totally. There are two issues in play the way I see it (1) it's becoming increasingly difficult to compete completely for free , if not impossible. The Amazon weapon prize structure, a long time haven for those on a limited budget, is no longer a bargain because of the ever increasing costs of upgrades (2) the weapons prizes, in fact the prize structure in general just plain s.u.c.k.s ... it's so out of sync with the realities of game play it boggles the mind.

This is pretty much, in a nut shell, what our current state of affair is and then once "Clan Wars" are in full force, playing for free will definitely be impossible. What I have seen in other games is the winning clan is made up of nothing but players who are willing to spend 15 to 20K of gold per War. In fact, in one game that I was playing, the top clan was requiring a minimum of 5 max "gold" buy ins, if you want to be a member.
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Attention!

The upcoming Clan War system, a fusion of classic board games and Contract Killer: Sniper gameplay, brings some new exciting PvP content to the game. Here is some of the new content you can expect to see!

• Clans of up to 20 players can engage in small skirmishes across a wide variety of complex maps.
    • Clan Leaders can now position clan members in strategic tactical positions prior to the start of any Clan Wars
    • Invest Clan XP, Cash, Diamonds and Drone Parts to level up the Clan Base!
    • Build your Clan Base Level to unlock new battle maps!
    • Clan Wars run for a few hours at a time, so you can get in and get out!
    • New Clan Wars skill-based currency, use it to purchase spins on for the Skin Mystery Box!
    • Win trophies by successfully vanquishing your foes to ascend your Clan to the top of the Clan Leaderboard.
    • Smaller Clans will need to recruit additional members in order to be successful in Clan Wars!

All this and more...

EN_CKS_ClanWarTeaser_zps68kygmuf.jpg

Is Clan Wars a new game or is it to be included in CKS?
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    My understanding is that Clan Wars is an integral component of CKS 4.0.0 (upcoming). It also appears to be a completely new "system" building upon the Clan Event.
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    My understanding is that Clan Wars is an integral component of CKS 4.0.0 (upcoming). It also appears to be a completely new "system" building upon the Clan Event.

I think it's a bit unclear "Clan War system, a fusion of classic board games and Contract Killer"
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    I think it's a bit unclear "Clan War system, a fusion of classic board games and Contract Killer"

"The upcoming Clan War system, a fusion of classic board games and Contract Killer: Sniper gameplay, brings some new exciting PvP content to the game."

It says it's a system and new content, typically infers that it is part of something and not standalone.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    "The upcoming Clan War system, a fusion of classic board games and Contract Killer: Sniper gameplay, brings some new exciting PvP content to the game."

It says it's a system and new content, typically infers that it is part of something and not standalone.

Handles, do we have an ETA for Clan wars?
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    I do not have a heard date for this yet. As previous mentioned it was delayed due to needed bug fixes.
  • ThunderhawkThunderhawk Registered Users 16 Posts
    It was posted somewhere about clan jumpers. They should be locked in whatever clan they are in at beginning of season... then can not clan jump... if they can not win in their own why should they be able to go to a diffrent clan.. or go to 5 diffrent clans a day to get coins then go back to their original clan... it is pathetic that they cant make it in their own.. second it was also posted that at least 4 members had to be in a clan in order to participate in clan wars. There is a 3 man clan on leaderbaord... is glu working with them as favorite... with only 3 people there is no way they can be on leaderboard....
  • ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    It was posted somewhere about clan jumpers. They should be locked in whatever clan they are in at beginning of season... then can not clan jump... if they can not win in their own why should they be able to go to a diffrent clan.. or go to 5 diffrent clans a day to get coins then go back to their original clan... it is pathetic that they cant make it in their own.. second it was also posted that at least 4 members had to be in a clan in order to participate in clan wars. There is a 3 man clan on leaderbaord... is glu working with them as favorite... with only 3 people there is no way they can be on leaderboard....

The 3 man clan members is only temporary. If you check it back they will be more than 4 person in order for them to start a clan War . Its always full / maximum number of members during and prior to clan war .
    Zeusisme wrote: »
    The 3 man clan members is only temporary. If you check it back they will be more than 4 person in order for them to start a clan War . Its always full / maximum number of members during and prior to clan war .

That's not exactly true (BTW I was the poster). Currently there is absolutely nothing to prevent anyone from leaving a clan AFTER the season starts. In fact, anyone with enough devices could conceivably create a 4-man clan and after the season starts, have 3 of the 4 leave the clan.

The motivation is simple ... free tokens with hardly any effort at all and, most importantly, NOTHING to lose.
  • ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    Seems like Scorpion wish came true. With lower pay out on the looting of clans there are suddenly few jumpers if any.

It's deem not worth to clan jump for sure. Was that to solution ? Or the calamity ?
    More like you complain about one thing, and they fix another ... that has an indirect effect on what you were complaining about in the first place :)

A player complains that there are too many enemy rockets and grenades and it's making his life miserable. He decides to join the party but he needs more tokens and starts jumping around.

I cut the tokens award in half to limit equipment purchases and see what happens?

It's a fine balancing act and the GLUTONS method of "error correction" is to tinker for they know not what they are dealing with.

If it wasn't so disappointing, it would be hilarious :)
  • ThunderhawkThunderhawk Registered Users 16 Posts
    More like you complain about one thing, and they fix another ... that has an indirect effect on what you were complaining about in the first place :)

A player complains that there are too many enemy rockets and grenades and it's making his life miserable. He decides to join the party but he needs more tokens and starts jumping around.

I cut the tokens award in half to limit equipment purchases and see what happens?

It's a fine balancing act and the GLUTONS method of "error correction" is to tinker for they know not what they are dealing with.

If it wasn't so disappointing, it would be hilarious :)

Any ideas of the error code 203103.. when trying to fight in wars.. that massage pops up not allowing for all targets to be hit?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Thunderhawk, Glu has never released an error code list, and what they mean. It's probably a connection problem on their end.

Now, for my bug of the event in Clan Wars, the un-completable opponents. In my clan, we attacked two different clans each with one of the hexes that would cause a restart when attacked. You could get info on this player ok, but as soon as you hit the attack button, the game would restart. These were both 12 hex (beginners) maps. One of them, the effected hex was the leader, in another game, it was a member. It was fun to see each attacker then post, "I've attacked him 4 times, and it restarts each time!"

Like lemmings jumping off a cliff, you couldn't help but to try one more time to defeat that one last green hex!

Quite a few in global chat mentioned the same phenomena.
  • YOSAGIYOJIMBOYOSAGIYOJIMBO Registered Users 4 Posts
    My clan has had the same problem, in the current and previous season of clan wars. What I noticed today, as was stated before, is the problem seems to be in the 12-man maps and in all three of the occurrences, the problem cell has been A2...the others were either B1 or C1. Last season it was one cell (A2), this season it has been 2 cells (A2 and B1 or C1) forcing the resynch/restart error.