Options

Introduction and already with questions

•K4L1••K4L1• Registered Users 9 Posts
Hello fellow addicts.

I just joined the forum, looking forward to learning from the veterans.
I did noticed there were a LOT of threads with really good insight into the game.

But if veterans and noobies would not mind sharing some wisdom... I wanted to know what you consider to be the best strategy for upgrades.
It appears that in the long run gold is better than diamonds for upgrades (better return for your investment, maybe?) But I was wondering if, in your experience, that was the case.
...Also, what should be my priorities when it comes to upgrades as I advance. Base/drone/weapons?

Like I said, I am juuuust starting out. It's the first mobile game I have played of this type that requires a bit more logic and strategy than just "boom, headshot!"

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Welcome !!!

Not knowing what level you're currently playing, I'll simply offer some general guidelines and will advise you further when you provide more details regarding your game setup.

CKS is a fairly complex game in the beginning for there are many moving parts to get acquainted with. DO NOT venture into PvP immediately until you're completely comfortable with how the game components interact ... that could be a costly experience.

(1) It's always best to spend GOLD on ENERGY and use that energy to fight PvP BATTLES, then use diamonds for upgrades.

(2) ALWAYS upgrade your weapons first for that is how you'll acquire more diamonds for other upgrades.

(3) ALWAYS complete you campaign contracts to raise your PLAYER HEALTH LEVEL to equal OR exceed the TIER Level of the opponents you're attracting. This will improve your survivability in battle.

What's critical is to maintain a balance between BASE, WEAPONS and PLAYER HEALTH. If your weapons are to strong you will draw opponents that you'll find difficult to defeat in PvP.

These are impartial and general rules to follow ... there are always exceptions and many variations.

Good Luck !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Well, I've certainly read your input before in different topics around this forum. So let me start by saying a humble 'thank you' for reading and responding to this, and whatever other guidance you may provide.
    So yes, thank you!

My stats are slowly improving, but I will say, (at the risk of sounding sycophantic), that whatever improvement my stats have seen in the last few days, have been in part trying to apply what I've read around here.
    Then again, it's hard to apply it directly to my gameplay, as I am just starting, and the conversations I've read are clearly geared to the advanced players. So it's more of a reinterpretation. And maybe not a very successful one, so far.

Here's where I'm at so far:
    Playing for about two, maybe three weeks. So yeah, I'm looking for guidance after flying blind for a bit.
    VP 158
    Base Power: 2,220
    Drone Power: 1,280
    PRIMARIES:
    Recently acquired Sniper: Lance @ 2,752 power
    Recently acquired Assault: Scorpion @ 5,568

SECONDARIES:
    Heavy: Scythe @ 5,064
    and, a now-obsolete Tesla: Firefly @ 768
    Not sure if that's enough information. I don't even know how to keep track of "tiers" on anything!:(

I have done a few PvPs already. I could not have made it this far without them. However, I noticed that my last 3 or 4 were indeed a very costly move. Not money-wise, just difficult to finish. Been attacked a few times and managed to defend and survive, maybe 50% of the time.
    I'm not sure how effectively I've spent gold. Diamonds, I think, have been spent relatively well. I think, I really don't know.

I am coming from a different game altogether. Same basic money-grabbing traps, but definitely a lot simpler to play. So keeping all these new numbers in mind is proving to be a good wake-up call for me. I would obviously prefer to keep playing, but smarter.
    –I understand spending money is pretty much inevitable, but I also want to develop my skills, as I can't just throw money at the problem.

So... yeah. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    OK ... so at your level I would advise you definitely avoid spending any real CASH until you know exactly what you're getting yourself into ... that said, it may come to pass that in order to get enough PvP battles to satisfy your needs you will eventually need to spend something. Start slow and work your way up to something that is comfortable and affordable.

The two most important variables for determining a budget are amount of time available for playing this game and the cost of upgrades to your weapons, defense base and drone (in that order).

You neglected to specify what "Level" you are at currently? How many campaign regions you've completed and your player health level ... this is extremely important.

Your base is at 2,220 ... it's been quite some time :) but I'm guessing TIER 2-3. If so, your SNIPER Rifle is spot on and you'll need a better TESLA (you already know that) for Long Range battle "offensive" success. For Short Range PvP battles, your weapons appear to be rated higher than your player level, so I really need that piece of info to be sure.

Winning PvP battles are simple really: having enough firepower to kill your opponent AND having a health level high enough to survive an attack. If the clock begins to wind down, then most likely your weapons aren't strong enough. If you're dying in battles relatively quickly, then you health is too low.

Keep in mind that the stronger your weapons, the stronger your opponents will be.

Keeping game components "in balance" is the key to success.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    You're right!, I skipped my level and health.
    –I am Level 37
    –Base is Echo- Tier 5
    –The only "Health" reading I see is under base upgrades. If that's the right index, I am currently at 8,696
    –I'm currently negotiating through the Europe campaign. (HAHAHAHAAA!!...****!, I'm thinking how ancient this must feel to you!).

In regards to PvP I should clarify that I have found my attacks to be successful. Killing streaks upwards of 26. I know, it's not much at all! but like I said, I stumbled through the last couple, and it really threw me off my game.
    It's my defense when attacked that has put me close to a 50/50, most I've endured, but enough losses to question my upgrades.
    I really don't have a LOT of time to play. Maybe about 2 hours a day. Not much more than that.

I think my current Tesla essentially allowed me to "cruise" all the way here, and I suddenly found myself stuck.There IS an immediate, better Tesla. It's a weapon that maxes out at 2,160, but I'm not a fan of going rifle-to-next rifle, as the upgrades become a huge drain on game finances.
    Unfortunately, after this next Tesla, there seems to be only one "craft" series. You know, those made up of found parts. Of which I have none!

–I hear ya' on the weapons calling stronger opponents. Yes, indeed!

Trying to gauge how often to upgrade the drone. It seems to be the deeper money pit out of all the elements. It helps... somewhat, but now its machine gun is lacking and it has a tendency to shoot its missile at unnecessary targets. I can take those sentries out in one or two shots. I assume there is no way to "train" it to shoot at key targets. Ideally, gun turrets, or those goddammed monsters with the Gatling guns. Even its healing ray is not a lot of help.
    I feel like an upgraded rifle is a MUCH better asset than my drone.